ADVERTISEMENT

UK vs VA Tech

I mean, VT is a decent team. They lost to SLU and barely beat Ole Miss though. I would be very surprised if they finished top 4. I really like Buzz Williams though.
They are getting the love on here. Lol

UK is suspect af.
The youngest team in the country isn't clicking on all cylinders? That is a shocker. They are certainly getting less suspect by the day though. There are maybe 3 teams in the country that aren't suspect.

Reactions: KDcats11
Yeah, I mean, no one is really killing it this year. UK has had their struggles but they have still only lost one game (think so at least). They won't be as good as some years but they will still be tough come tourney time.

The youngest team in the country isn't clicking on all cylinders? That is a shocker. They are certainly getting less suspect by the day though. There are maybe 3 teams in the country that aren't suspect.
Man I wished I had coined the statement, "youngest team in the country"---and patented it. God damn I'd be a rich man. Every year. EVery close game. Every loss. Every press conference. We here this:

"We are young". Youngest team this. Youngest team that. Well, umm, that's on your coach.

Damn I could've beem very rich.

Man I wished I had coined the statement, "youngest team in the country"---and patented it. God damn I'd be a rich man. Every year. EVery close game. Every loss. Every press conference. We here this:

"We are young". Youngest team this. Youngest team that. Well, umm, that's on your coach.

I don't know why that set you off, it's merely a fact. I wasn't making an excuse. Would you not expect the youngest team in the country to be suspect?

Reactions: KYtotheCore

Yeah, uhh, so what about it is false? Are you suggesting that this team full of Freshmen and Sophomores was supposed go come out drilling everyone by 30 and playing cohesively right away? If so, then you don't know nearly as much about basketball as you like to claim.

Reactions: KYtotheCore
Write it down folks:

Virginia Tech, the paragon of college basketball, is going to sweep into Rupp Arena and devastate the Wildcats 100-15. It will be a blood bath. Kentucky is not used to playing true talent and will wrinkle like a cheap suit.

Kentucky sucks and Virginia Tech is the ultimate team. Virginia Tech can shoot. Kentucky can’t shoot. Cal will be fired after this game. I can't believe he (Cal) scheduled this game!

Eyeroll

How many final fours does UK have: 17
How many final fours does VT have: 0

Cal's record at Rupp is going down one today!
Bert why are you always so defensive?

Only two that have yet to really show any chinks in the armor have been maybe Nova and Arizona State... and Nova barely got past freakin' LaSalle the other day.
Yep. I love all these fans of other teams throwing shade at UK as if their teams are some unbeatable legion of gods. I like UK's chances against anyone in March. How UK looks right now means nothing to me because I've seen what Cal does with these teams every year. Rival fans hoping for something different can have that hope, but it doesn't change anything.

Yeah, uhh, so what about it is false? Are you suggesting that this team full of Freshmen and Sophomores was supposed go come out drilling everyone by 30 and playing cohesively right away? If so, then you don't know nearly as much about basketball as you like to claim.
I know plenty about basketball. Where did I say, or insinuate anything you just posted? MOF there slick, I;ve always said you cannot judge a UK team this early. I say it all the time. But that wasn't my point. I totally expect this team to be much better. And if they can shoot as they did today, consistently, they'll be very dangerous.

My point is------------This is all we hear every time UK loses, or plays a tight game, veersus an inferior opponent. Weird how we don't hear this when UK wins. Or when they win big. Weird indeed. It's a built in excuse created by the master ---Calipari. It gives him an out. It's a tiresome statement TBH. True as it may be, it just gets old. And even some of your own agree with this.

Reactions: Anthony B

You could have coined the statement but IU would still suck

I know plenty about basketball. Where did I say, or insinuate anything you just posted? MOF there slick, I;ve always said you cannot judge a UK team this early. I say it all the time. But that wasn't my point. I totally expect this team to be much better. And if they can shoot as they did today, consistently, they'll be very dangerous.

My point is------------This is all we hear every time UK loses, or plays a tight game, veersus an inferior opponent. Weird how we don't hear this when UK wins. Or when they win big. Weird indeed. It's a built in excuse created by the master ---Calipari. It gives him an out. It's a tiresome statement TBH. True as it may be, it just gets old. And even some of your own agree with this.
Again, I was not making an excuse at all. They are the youngest team in the country, inconsistent and suspect. It is what it is. Christ, can't you just take something for what it is?

Reactions: Anthony B
I don't know why that set you off, it's merely a fact. I wasn't making an excuse. Would you not expect the youngest team in the country to be suspect?
It didn't set me off. Not at all.It's just we hear this over and over and over. It's a great thing Cal has created. He says this every time after a loss, or a close game. But you never hear it after a win. Or after a blow out. But when the game is tight----well, you can expect the---"We are young people. We are not robots".

And I do expect them to be suspect. Which is why I have said OVER and OVER---You cannot judge a UK team this early. I;ve said it multiple times. Weird how some of you gorget those statement.

It didn't set me off. Not at all.It's just we hear this over and over and over. It's a great thing Cal has created. He says this every time after a loss, or a close game. But you never hear it after a win. Or after a blow out. But when the game is tight----well, you can expect the---"We are young people. We are not robots".

And I do expect them to be suspect. Which is why I have said OVER and OVER---You cannot judge a UK team this early. I;ve said it multiple times. Weird how some of you gorget those statement.
Weird how "youngest team in the country" sets you off so bad. Laughing

Reactions: JimboBBN
Weird how "youngest team in the country" sets you off so bad. Laughing
How does it set me off? It's an old and tiring "excuse". Hell most of your own fan base have become frustrated with this. It doesn't "set me" off. I just fond it funny, TBH. Most of you live on every word Cal says.

How does it set me off? It's an old and tiring "excuse". Hell most of your own fan base have become frustrated with this. It doesn't "set me" off. I just fond it funny, TBH. Most of you live on every word Cal says.
giphy.gif

I guess I can see why Dr gets away with his obvious trolling. I mean, really...WTF? I guess a large percentage of some of your fans are mad as well? I've seen many of many UK fans bitch about Cal and his constant referencing of "we are young,people".

Mad? What would I be mad about? I get to see my father in law, who just had a stroke, enjoy a UK win. My wife, sitting with her dad, loving every moment of today's game. That was great. Watching my brother in laws, their sons,and wives, cheering for Indiana. High-fiving me during the IU game. Saying how happy they were.

Mad? Far fromit my man. It's my opinion. An opinion that is shared ny quite a few of BBN.

Just weird when someone calls out UK'ers, and it suddenly becomes a "you're mad. Your a hater". But when you guys take shots, its not that at all. I mean how can some of you not see the hypocrisy in some fo your post? I mean you guys do the same shit----then call others out for doing the same damn thing.

Anyways,...Congrats on the win. UK looked good at times. If Diallo is able to knock down shots like that consistently, UK has a chance to be really good.

I guess I can see why Dr gets away with his obvious trolling. I mean, really...WTF? I guess a large percentage of some of your fans are mad as well? I've seen many of many UK fans bitch about Cal and his constant referencing of "we are young,people".

Mad? What would I be mad about? I get to see my father in law, who just had a stroke, enjoy a UK win. My wife, sitting with her dad, loving every moment of today's game. That was great. Watching my brother in laws, their sons,and wives, cheering for Indiana. High-fiving me during the IU game. Saying how happy they were.

Mad? Far fromit my man. It's my opinion. An opinion that is shared ny quite a few of BBN.

Just weird when someone calls out UK'ers, and it suddenly becomes a "you're mad. Your a hater". But when you guys take shots, its not that at all. I mean how can some of you not see the hypocrisy in some fo your post? I mean you guys do the same shit----then call others out for doing the same damn thing.

Anyways,...Congrats on the win. UK looked good at times. If Diallo is able to knock down shots like that consistently, UK has a chance to be really good.
Dr only trolls UK. Laughing

Is this where I name the teams that aren’t suspect as ****?

Probably what he's going for, but I think you're not gonna have much of a list.

Villanova...

My list is finished. Not a single other one that I can think of. Michigan State? Eh, they're just not very overwhelming. Solid team, not spectacular. Duke? I can't remember the last team that they didn't struggle with, and they just lost to BC. Ultra-talented, ultra-flawed. Arizona? Shit, they already have 3 losses. Wichita State? Holding that L to Oklahoma now.

There are a lot of suspect teams. Kentucky picked a good year to be suspect to start the season.

@IUfanBorden
I get as tired of the whole "young team" thing as anybody, but if there were ever a year to gripe about it, it's this year. It's literally the youngest team to ever be recorded since that metric was measured. Could very likely be the youngest team ever, and it's by far the youngest team this year. I think it is naive to think that youth is not a factor. I would place a hefty wager if all of these UK players were juniors and seniors, and not true freshmen and a couple of sophomores, they would be far and away the best team in the nation.

Just saying, experience does matter.

Dr only trolls UK. Laughing
True. I mean, you really think I troll? I don't. I think when I speak the truth, or give an opinion, that's not agreed with, some considered it trolling. I mean sure I've been guily of it. But I do not think it's something I do on a consistent basis.

Reactions: Kevin Bryan
Honestly, VT is a solid ball club, but they aren't even likely to finish top 6 in the ACC. If UK loses at home to them...well that's not a good sign.
Who would you put over VT in the ACC now that you saw how VT performed today? There aren't 6 better teams in the ACC than this VT team. That team is going to be a problem in league play this year. They are a well coached veteran team that can really score. Their problem is lack of size.
After what happened the FSU today are you putting VT behind FSU? I wouldn't.

True. I mean, you really think I troll? I don't. I think when I speak the truth, or give an opinion, that's not agreed with, some considered it trolling. I mean sure I've been guily of it. But I do not think it's something I do on a consistent basis.

your opinion is your truth
that does not make it true

you talk more about UK then most UK fans do
your jealousy of UK really shines
i guess i can understand it considering almost everyone around you are UK fans (your family)
you need somewhere to vent that is not person to person so you do it here

The young team argument is legit. However, it is also reasonable that people expect other teams along with UK to also get better as the year goes on, which is one of the reasons Cal only has one title so far. Eventually the youth usually shows itself at some point, often when they play a team in the tournament with more experience and also really good players. That isn't taking away from him as what he does with these freshman, albeit extremely talented freshman, is pretty impressive.

your opinion is your truth
that does not make it true

you talk more about UK then most UK fans do
your jealousy of UK really shines
i guess i can understand it considering almost everyone around you are UK fans (your family)
you need somewhere to vent that is not person to person so you do it here
Here is what I wuld like for you do. Find post petaining to UK where I praise the. Post where I have said you cannot ever judge a UK team this early. Find post where I have applauded Cal and his ability to coach. Find post where I've stated that by Jan and beyond, UK will be(as always), a really good team. Now after doing that----go find post where I do the opposite. I will gladly bet any amount of money that the positive post I make toward UK far outweighs the negative. I mean truth be told, I fI wasn't an IU fan, you or anyone else from BBN wouldn't have near the issues you do when I don't always take UK's side. It's hilarious, really. When I post something in regard to UK that is positive(and there are many), nothing is said. I get 5 gazillion likes when I do. BUT...........when I call out UK, and your fans? Yeah, the jealousy word fly's all over the place. It's how some of you are. You cannot handle criticism of your team. And when it happens, you guys always revert to the usage of jealousy, hate, etc, etc...TBH, its quite childish.

I talk about UK more than some UK fans for a handful of reasons:

1. I actually like UK. I have n reason to vent to my family about UK, becasue they aren't a bunch of whining ass cry babies who's feelings get hurt with someone disagree's with them. They understand the flaws. Hell my brother in law hates it when Cal gets all dramatic. Hates it when he hears the "we are young". I mean hates it. So thre's no reason to vent to people with the ability to handle a little criticism.

2. UK and IU are regional teams fro me. I grew up with Kentucky basketball as much as I did with IU basketball. I probably know more, and understand more about UK and their history than most on here. After all, I have followed, and ROOTED for them for almost 30 years. Odds are I've been to more road games of UK, then most have been to home games; My wife and I use to travel quite a bit to watch them. My brother and I as well. Sure I give UK fans on here shit. And I do so b/c, well, it's fun. You guys are so, so , so easily rustled. All you have to do is disagree. Give an opinion of how they are struggling. And BOOM----here ya'll come. Yelling and screaming the jealousy and hate shit. It's like clockwork man.

3. Most on here talk more about UK than most UK fans. Probably b/c damn near everypost pertains to UK.

4. I actually like UK. I get a kick out of it when they lose b/c I know it just eats some of you up. It becomes target practice. SO predictable. It's fun seeing you guys squirm. I mean ****, for some fo you man, its god damn life and death. But at home, its totally different. I hate to see them lose. I respect the program. I've rooted for them since 1984 when my brother and I watched the FF game vs Georgetown. I saw his passion. Saw my passion. and thought---"shit the only difference is he's a UK fan, and I'm an IU fan. Our love and passion was the same. But the teams we loved were different. After that, it became fun and easy to root for Uk because well, my brother loved them. I enjoyed those times with him, and through that, started to root for UK; except of course when playing IU. It's been that way for 33 years. I am an IU fan. Love the Hoosiers. But I also like UK. Always have. Like I said, I give it to UK'ers on here. Why? Because it's fun. It's alll in fun, dude. But for those who are so sensitive, it's impossible for them to see that. Everything said in negative toward UK is always taking personally about you guys.

Entertainment, man.

No,I am not jealous of UK. Not even close. Why would I be? Because they are a better program? Ok. Why would I be jealous of an obvious fact? Plus, I do root for them. Got pics on here in FULL UK gear. But Like I said, being a "villian" on here with some fo you is fun. A lot of fun. If some of you wouldn't treat UK basketball as life and death, you'd probably understand this. And probably enjoy being a fan of CBB most successful program.

Best of luck this year. UK looked great today, at times. It was fantastic seeing Diallo finally hit some shots. To see him smile. Dude wasballing, and having a blast. Goood to see for him.

Bit of advice--------Quit being so sensitive. If you cannot take the occasional criticism of your team, maybe the homeboard will better fit you.

Go Hooisers-----And Cats!!!

Here is what I wuld like for you do. Find post petaining to UK where I praise the. Post where I have said you cannot ever judge a UK team this early. Find post where I have applauded Cal and his ability to coach. Find post where I've stated that by Jan and beyond, UK will be(as always), a really good team. Now after doing that----go find post where I do the opposite. I will gladly bet any amount of money that the positive post I make toward UK far outweighs the negative. I mean truth be told, I fI wasn't an IU fan, you or anyone else from BBN wouldn't have near the issues you do when I don't always take UK's side. It's hilarious, really. When I post something in regard to UK that is positive(and there are many), nothing is said. I get 5 gazillion likes when I do. BUT...........when I call out UK, and your fans? Yeah, the jealousy word fly's all over the place. It's how some of you are. You cannot handle criticism of your team. And when it happens, you guys always revert to the usage of jealousy, hate, etc, etc...TBH, its quite childish.

I talk about UK more than some UK fans for a handful of reasons:

1. I actually like UK. I have n reason to vent to my family about UK, becasue they aren't a bunch of whining ass cry babies who's feelings get hurt with someone disagree's with them. They understand the flaws. Hell my brother in law hates it when Cal gets all dramatic. Hates it when he hears the "we are young". I mean hates it. So thre's no reason to vent to people with the ability to handle a little criticism.

2. UK and IU are regional teams fro me. I grew up with Kentucky basketball as much as I did with IU basketball. I probably know more, and understand more about UK and their history than most on here. After all, I have followed, and ROOTED for them for almost 30 years. Odds are I've been to more road games of UK, then most have been to home games; My wife and I use to travel quite a bit to watch them. My brother and I as well. Sure I give UK fans on here shit. And I do so b/c, well, it's fun. You guys are so, so , so easily rustled. All you have to do is disagree. Give an opinion of how they are struggling. And BOOM----here ya'll come. Yelling and screaming the jealousy and hate shit. It's like clockwork man.

3. Most on here talk more about UK than most UK fans. Probably b/c damn near everypost pertains to UK.

4. I actually like UK. I get a kick out of it when they lose b/c I know it just eats some of you up. It becomes target practice. SO predictable. It's fun seeing you guys squirm. I mean ****, for some fo you man, its god damn life and death. But at home, its totally different. I hate to see them lose. I respect the program. I've rooted for them since 1984 when my brother and I watched the FF game vs Georgetown. I saw his passion. Saw my passion. and thought---"shit the only difference is he's a UK fan, and I'm an IU fan. Our love and passion was the same. But the teams we loved were different. After that, it became fun and easy to root for Uk because well, my brother loved them. I enjoyed those times with him, and through that, started to root for UK; except of course when playing IU. It's been that way for 33 years. I am an IU fan. Love the Hoosiers. But I also like UK. Always have. Like I said, I give it to UK'ers on here. Why? Because it's fun. It's alll in fun, dude. But for those who are so sensitive, it's impossible for them to see that. Everything said in negative toward UK is always taking personally about you guys.

Entertainment, man.

No,I am not jealous of UK. Not even close. Why would I be? Because they are a better program? Ok. Why would I be jealous of an obvious fact? Plus, I do root for them. Got pics on here in FULL UK gear. But Like I said, being a "villian" on here with some fo you is fun. A lot of fun. If some of you wouldn't treat UK basketball as life and death, you'd probably understand this. And probably enjoy being a fan of CBB most successful program.

Best of luck this year. UK looked great today, at times. It was fantastic seeing Diallo finally hit some shots. To see him smile. Dude wasballing, and having a blast. Goood to see for him.

Bit of advice--------Quit being so sensitive. If you cannot take the occasional criticism of your team, maybe the homeboard will better fit you.

Go Hooisers-----And Cats!!!

not reading that newspaper you just wrote
my truth stands

Reactions: KyFaninNC
For me, I'm pretty well betting on Duke and Miami being ahead of VA Tech. I think they lock up the top 2 spots in that conference. I think North Carolina and VA Tech battle it out for the 3rd spot, with the lesser of the two coming out in 4th. I think Virginia struggles a bit more this season, because there are 5 really good offensive teams in the ACC between VA Tech, Duke, Notre Dame, Miami, and North Carolina, and I don't like their defense the fair well against those teams, nor do I buy their offense having the ability to win a shootout with those teams. I'm seeing Notre Dame coming in fifth, Virginia in 6th, Louisville behind Virginia in 7th (they have the personnel to be a top 3 tteam in the league, but the coaching isn't there, and Virginia is Louisville's kryptonite). I'll take Syracuse ahead of Clemson, but at that point, does anybody truly give a shit? I'd wager not.

So...you're not only saying Virginia Tech CAN finish in the top 4, you're actually calling for them to finish 3rd or 4th? I'm sorry man, that just seems really unlikely. I know you say you watch the ACC a lot...but I'm not sure you would find anyone outside of Blacksburg who would predict that.

Also kind of funny how you don't list FSU in the top 9.

Who would you put over VT in the ACC now that you saw how VT performed today? There aren't 6 better teams in the ACC than this VT team. That team is going to be a problem in league play this year. They are a well coached veteran team that can really score. Their problem is lack of size.
After what happened the FSU today are you putting VT behind FSU? I wouldn't.

Duke, Miami, UNC, UVA, Louisville, ND. FSU and Clemson will be right there with VT battling for a spot in the 6-8 range.

FSU lost by 1 at a neutral site while not playing all that well. That's somehow worse than VT losing to St. Louis?

You don't make assessments off of one Saturday in December.

1-2... including 1-1 against the national champion. ACC outside of UNC got clowned in the tourney last year, no way around it.
Those moral victories
Probably what he's going for, but I think you're not gonna have much of a list.

Villanova...

My list is finished. Not a single other one that I can think of. Michigan State? Eh, they're just not very overwhelming. Solid team, not spectacular. Duke? I can't remember the last team that they didn't struggle with, and they just lost to BC. Ultra-talented, ultra-flawed. Arizona? Shit, they already have 3 losses. Wichita State? Holding that L to Oklahoma now.

There are a lot of suspect teams. Kentucky picked a good year to be suspect to start the season.

@IUfanBorden
I get as tired of the whole "young team" thing as anybody, but if there were ever a year to gripe about it, it's this year. It's literally the youngest team to ever be recorded since that metric was measured. Could very likely be the youngest team ever, and it's by far the youngest team this year. I think it is naive to think that youth is not a factor. I would place a hefty wager if all of these UK players were juniors and seniors, and not true freshmen and a couple of sophomores, they would be far and away the best team in the nation.

Just saying, experience does matter.
Everyone knows that experience matters, but what I believe he is saying is that your coach chooses this and in doing so the excuses get old.

As for the suspect teams, there are years when you can tell that a young Kentucky team is probably going to be a beast in March, this Kentucky team doesn’t come across that way. That doesn’t mean that I don’t think Kentucky can make a deep tournament run, it just means that they will not be a sure thing to make it far in the tournament. This is the way that I have felt about the last two Kentucky teams, and one did make the elite eight.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
He says this every time after a loss, or a close game. But you never hear it after a win. Or after a blow out. But when the game is tight----well, you can expect the---"We are young people.

Just being devil’s advocate here; I’ve been trying to figure out how he would use it after a win. What would that sound like? What verbiage could be used including that statement without coming across as bizarre? No disrespect meant.

Look, regardless of whether Va Tech fi ishes 3rd or 8th, UK got a solid win over a tournament team whose RPI will end up being high because they play in the best conference(by far) in the nation Rhavic.

So really no need to come in and champion their fight for a top 4 seed in the ACC tournament because it will end up a solid win regardless(so long as they dont completely collapse).

Truth is, every year we are young, can't argue with facts. To use it as an excuse is old, and I wish Cal would just stop saying it, because he decides to be young every year. We all know it already.

Reactions: tw3301
Duke, Miami, UNC, UVA, Louisville, ND. FSU and Clemson will be right there with VT battling for a spot in the 6-8 range.

FSU lost by 1 at a neutral site while not playing all that well. That's somehow worse than VT losing to St. Louis?

You don't make assessments off of one Saturday in December.
Guess you just have to remember who FSU's coach is. Don't we see this every year from the Noles? They are hot in November/ December than fall off the grid the rest of the year?
So what, they got a W at Florida, but you might want to pump the brakes, Florida isn't as consistently good as we thought they were, still a good win, but the Noles just lost to an unranked OK State team, which proves my point, FSU will just never be consistently good under Hamilton.
Any team that can shoot like Va Tech will have a shot at beating everybody they play.
But I also disagree with Louisville and Notre Dame being better than VT. Like you, I thought ND was something special when they beat Wichita State in November, but it turns out they really aren't very good at all.
I would put VT in a tossup group with UNC and UVA for 3rd in the ACC, but the best part of this is we will get to see it play out.

ADVERTISEMENT