ADVERTISEMENT

UK vs VA Tech

Dakota25

Nov 24, 2014
Team
Kentucky
Big game this Saturday, VA Tech should be ranked based on their roster but have actually played a softer schedule than UK so far. Green is unlikely to play Saturday which would be a big blow, especially if Alexander gets into foul trouble or has an off game. VA Tech did lose to a bad St. Louis team and needed overtime to beat a bad Ole Miss team after being down most the game. You ACC guys should know more about them.

I think UK wins a close one, I can see VA Tech hitting a bunch of threes and Blackshear will piss me off. All in all it should be a close game that I think we get down early in and make a comeback to win.

Depends how many times VT gets to the line. They've averaged 29.3 attempts per game. If VT shoots 30 FTs in this game, they have a chance to win and the refs calling this game will need to fear for their lives from Kentucky fan death threats.

VT's strengths are getting to the line and shooting 3s. But their SOS has been dreadful so far so it's hard to tell how good they actually are. Their size is lacking and they play very little defense. This honestly shouldn't be close. If it is, I think it says more about Kentucky than it does about VT.

Weird sh$t keeps happening....if I was Cal I tell my players to treat VT like the golden State warriors.

Weird sh$t keeps happening....if I was Cal I tell my players to treat VT like the golden State warriors.
We haven’t been bitten by the upset bug yet, there’s been an outbreak so far this season, but it can happen and likely will during conference play.

Depends how many times VT gets to the line. They've averaged 29.3 attempts per game. If VT shoots 30 FTs in this game, they have a chance to win and the refs calling this game will need to fear for their lives from Kentucky fan death threats.

VT's strengths are getting to the line and shooting 3s. But their SOS has been dreadful so far so it's hard to tell how good they actually are. Their size is lacking and they play very little defense. This honestly shouldn't be close. If it is, I think it says more about Kentucky than it does about VT.

Well ESPN seems to like them. ESPN is giving the edge to VT in this one. Stating VT has arguably the best offense in ncaa basketball... Our young team is getting absolutely no respect. Its time for them to start earning it...

Green is unlikely to play Saturday which would be a big blow

I can’t imagine the swelling from being hit in the eye will last a full week.

It’ll be a good test. If they lose at home to VT, they don’t deserve their ranking. They should be favored, and win comfortably.

We haven’t been bitten by the upset bug yet, there’s been an outbreak so far this season, but it can happen and likely will during conference play.
Yea---i wished it would have held off until conference play lol.

There were no death threats jmossy and the fcc told him to quit wasting their time. Sounded like the guy watched the game. Of course espin had no interest in putting that on their ticker and correcting their story, doesnt fit their narrative.

One thing is certain, VT is def better than those last place, bottom-feeding blue devils. :eek:

Kentucky gives up a ton of good looks from deep. Virginia Tech is shooting like 40% from there. Sounds like a bad formula to me.

Kentucky gives up a ton of good looks from deep. Virginia Tech is shooting like 40% from there. Sounds like a bad formula to me.
UK will adjust, in sports people look up mis match stats like that but they never pan out in the actual game. UK will review film and practice to stop what VA Tech does well. I personally think a three two zone would be good for UK in this game.

Wait a minute.I thought Cal said he doesn't show his team film???That "we don't worry about what others do.Just what we do".

Hmmm.......SmokinSmile
The coaches always review film especially Robic. Dakota's post that you quoted said "UK will review film".

The coaches always review film especially Robic. Dakota's post that you quoted said "UK will review film".
Well, I mean if I watch the film, then share it with my team, isn't that simply one in the same? And I know what he said. If he meant the coaches, then why not say the coaches? Why say, 'UK"? I mean hell thst could imply anything. It could mean the coaches...the players...the ushers...Chemistry professor. If coaches is what he meant, then just say that.:D

Well, I mean if I watch the film, then share it with my team, isn't that simply one in the same? And I know what he said. If he meant the coaches, then why not say the coaches? Why say, 'UK"? I mean hell thst could imply anything. It could mean the coaches...the players...the ushers...Chemistry professor. If coaches is what he meant, then just say that.:D

Cal stated he would watch a couple of VT's games this week. From what I understand, he does little preparation for an opposing team. He teaches his teams how to play his way, and doesn't want his team worried about what the other team does. But he has said that what preparation they do for an opponent is through the walk throughs on game day. When he prepared for IU in the final four he stated 2 things. Don't foul, we'll out score them. That was pretty much the game plan :)

Reactions: IUfanBorden
Haven’t seen VT play this year,
But if they’re anything like last years squad,
The cats could most certainly lose, they could light you up from 3.
They lost two starters but returned a player that would have started last year if not for an injury. They are better than the nine seeded team they were last year. This is a second round type game for UK but it’s in Rupp. I think UK needs to do a three two zone.

They lost two starters but returned a player that would have started last year if not for an injury. They are better than the nine seeded team they were last year. This is a second round type game for UK but it’s in Rupp. I think UK needs to do a three two zone.
The two that they lost were bigs, they are small this year.

VA Tech is like a way less talented version of UCLA last year. Potent offense, sub par defense, however no Ball or Leaf

I think ESPN is giving way too much respect to VT and not enough for our young cats. They're growing up before our eyes. Cats win this one...

If Green and SKJ are healthy, Cats by 10, otherwise a tossup.
Both will be playing... Saw a quote from Cal earlier today...

He also said Vanderbilt is healthy but isn't playing at high level. He won't play until he can prove he can play at a high level without further injury.

Reactions: KyFaninNC
Well ESPN seems to like them. ESPN is giving the edge to VT in this one. Stating VT has arguably the best offense in ncaa basketball... Our young team is getting absolutely no respect. Its time for them to start earning it...
VT doesn't have the best offense in basketball and it's not arguable that they do. Regarding UK not getting any respect... They need to beat someone with a pulse. Shouldn't have backed out of the pk80.

VT doesn't have the best offense in basketball and it's not arguable that they do. Regarding UK not getting any respect... They need to beat someone with a pulse. Shouldn't have backed out of the pk80.

I was just quoting what the ESPN article said. We didn't back out, just never accepted the invitation. We already had a booked schedule, plus being so young, it was way too early for that quality of competition. Through November all of our games were 2-3 days apart. Lots of games, little practice...

We're heading into the meat of our non-conf games. Perceptions will change....

Reactions: tw3301
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT