ADVERTISEMENT

UK vs VA Tech

if by calling you out and speaking the truth about you trying to hide your feelings in the shadows is obsessed, then you truly have no idea what the word means

you being passive aggressive about UK is still being aggressive
keep trying to hide it in the shadows
you are fooling no one
Calling me out? ABout what? Look dipp shit, I've openly admitted I enjoy making fun of UK FANS. Why? Well b/c of this right here. You guys are most the most god damned paranoid fan base in all of sports. Some of you are two-faced as hell. Meaning you love it when folks speak highly of UK. But when they don't, well, you get these type of conversations. I have spoken highly of UK a lot more often than I haven't. A lot. And when I don't, it's simply b/c I know fans like you will lose your mind. UK fans such as you are similar to the prettiest girl in school. You just love it when everyone tells you how nice you look. BUT......you have to hear it over and over and over. You need it to feed your insecurities. And on the occasion where you looks are questioned? Seesh. Everyone in school becomes haters and jealous.

You are a prime example of that.

Like I said....Couldn't care what you think. Or any other BBN fan on here. I know where I stand. And have no reason to say otherwise. Hell even Bert knows where I stand. He and I have had terrific conversations regarding Kentucky.

Now run along, please. You are slowly reaching stalker status.

yawn
your obsession with UK is truly amazing

Calling me out? ABout what? Look dipp shit, I've openly admitted I enjoy making fun of UK FANS. Why? Well b/c of this right here. You guys are most the most god damned paranoid fan base in all of sports. Some of you are two-faced as hell. Meaning you love it when folks speak highly of UK. But when they don't, well, you get these type of conversations. I have spoken highly of UK a lot more often than I haven't. A lot. And when I don't, it's simply b/c I know fans like you will lose your mind. UK fans such as you are similar to the prettiest girl in school. You just love it when everyone tells you how nice you look. BUT......you have to hear it over and over and over. You need it to feed your insecurities. And on the occasion where you looks are questioned? Seesh. Everyone in school becomes haters and jealous.

Like I said....Couldn't care what you think. Or any other BBN fan on here. I know where I stand. And have no reason to say otherwise. Hell even Bert knows where I stand. He and I have had terrific conversations regarding Kentucky.

6605829.gif

yawn
you have lost it in this thread
keep hiding your feeling about UK in the shadows, you are fooling no one

yawn
you have lost it in this thread
keep hiding your feeling about UK in the shadows, you are fooling no one
Okay, Sheriff. I lose. You win, Here;s your trophy:

https://media.giphy.com/media/***ln5qp01U9q/giphy.gif

Just because Uk's defense is just about as bad as every other team VT has played, doesn't mean VT has the best offense in the ACC. Uk's just lucky VT was missing. Very rare you outscore VT from the 3, especially when they had so many wide open looks.

Now this has nothing to do with UofL or anything. Facts are just facts. Uk's defense is not very good. Anybody that's watched the game would've seen that.

I remember some Uk fans calling VT not very good and then now that they came in and scored 86 on Uk, they're magically one of the best teams in the ACC, blah blah blah. It's no knock on them, but some of yall are so two-sided lol.

Remember, VT lost to St Louis? That's what was said before the game. Carry on.

Any team with good defense and length should handle them. They dont have a lot of height. Uk would've blown them out if they had a lick of defense.

However, VT is a decent team and will get their share in the ACC. Just not top 4.

Last edited:
Just because Uk's defense is just about as bad as every other team VT has played, doesn't mean VT has the best offense in the ACC. Uk's just lucky VT was missing. Very rare you outscore VT from the 3, especially when they had so many wide open looks.

Now this has nothing to do with UofL or anything. Facts are just facts. Uk's defense is not very good. Anybody that's watched the game would've seen that.

I remember some Uk fans calling VT not very good and then now that they came in and scored 86 on Uk, they're magically one of the best teams in the ACC, blah blah blah. It's no knock on them, but some of yall are so two-sided lol.

Any team with good defense and length should handle them. They dont have a lot of height. Uk would've blown them out if they had a lick of defense.

However, VT is a decent team and will get their share in the ACC. Just not top 4.
Not to mention that Diallo, who entered the game shooting 31% from three, goes 4-7.

ANd for this statement the haters and jealousy labels will come a flying...Fire away boys.

Reactions: HRTheCard
Not to mention that Diallo, who entered the game shooting 31% from three, goes 4-7.

ANd for this statement the haters and jealousy labels will come a flying...Fire away boys.

And Uk shoots what, 50% and they normally shoot 30%'s and rarely take 3pts (22% 3pt attempts). That shows VT's defense isn't very good either. A lot were wide open for them as well.

Facts are facts but Uk hates facts that go against them.

Firing away lol..... Yep, in Diallo's long college career he was shooting 31%. I'm not sure why Cal plays him. Gosh he's played in 10 college games. His career shooting of 31% is terrible..

Reactions: treyforuk
VT just did what about 95% of other teams have done at rupp since coach cal has been our coach. Nothing earth shattering. No one expected them to win the game besides Espn. Looking forward to getting to conference play to play some real competition

And Uk shoots what, 50% and they normally shoot 30%'s and rarely take 3pts (22% 3pt attempts). That shows VT's defense isn't very good either. A lot were wide open for them as well.

Facts are facts but Uk hates facts that go against them.

There was a reason for taking only 22% prior to the VT game. Cal forced the team not to take many 3's. He wanted them to learn to rely on paint buckets 1st. He stated earlier last week he was going to jump the 3's up to about 18-20 a game. I think we shot 22. BTW we're over 50% from 2's for the year.

We actually shoot 37% for 3's. Louisville shoots 46% and 36% respectively. Maybe the Cats shooting tells more about the offense improvement vs VT's bad defense.

I've seen Louisville play a number of times this year. Despite your experienced team, we look better than you guys overall. You guys got it going against Memphis. I think VJ probably played one of his best games. I like Deng, and Spaulding looked better.

UKs defense needs some improvement, as witnessed in this game. Also, VT played a great game; slashing and 3s, Richards wasn’t stopping Blackshear.

Why can’t it just be both? I mean, perhaps both teams played a little outside of their averages, which is a plus for any team.

I can’t wait for the 29th. If UK is as bad as you say they are then you all should have no problem. Setan Hall is a title contender so don’t feel bad about losing to that juggernaut.

every team UK has played this season has given them a game so it wouldn't exactly be surprising.

This is true, but young teams improve. UK has improved to this point quite a bit. It's fairly obvious to those that have watched the games.

This is true, but young teams improve. UK has improved to this point quite a bit. It's fairly obvious to those that have watched the games.
I'm not saying they haven't or they won't improve, just think it's a little arrogant to say that UCLA or Louisville "might give them a game" when they've played close games with Vermont, Troy, etc.

Reactions: anon_0astpxev9h4gk
I'm not saying they haven't or they won't improve, just think it's a little arrogant to say that UCLA or Louisville "might give them a game" when they've played close games with Vermont, Troy, etc.
I think that further proves his point. Troy was a month ago. Vermont was the 2nd game of the season.

I expect UK to win both games by 8 - 10. U of L is always a close game and I honestly don't know a damn thing about UCLA this season.

crazyq gonna crazyq. I mean, it's not something that I, myself, would endorse, but hell. Crazier things have happened, I guess. We'll see how much improvement takes place between now and those games because there are a ton of practice days for UK between now and then, but I wouldn't bet on those games being blowouts.

Reactions: tw3301
I expect UK to win both games by 8 - 10. U of L is always a close game and I honestly don't know a damn thing about UCLA this season.
UCLA and it appears Louisville aren't very good this year. I think Louisville can be a good team they just aren't right now.
I think that further proves his point. Troy was a month ago. Vermont was the 2nd game of the season.
Is Harvard a better example?

UCLA basically had their manhood called out after the Cincy game so I'm sure they'll be ready to go Sat. and I've actually been a bit surprised by UL. They're better than I thought they'd be. Granted I've only watched the Purdue and Memphis games and none of the UCLA games.

UCLA basically had their manhood called out after the Cincy game so I'm sure they'll be ready to go Sat. and I've actually been a bit surprised by UL. They're better than I thought they'd be. Granted I've only watched the Purdue and Memphis games and none of the UCLA games.
I thought UL was going to be really really good this year before their coach was fired and all that junk so I guess that's why I'm a little down on them this season.

every team UK has played this season has given them a game so it wouldn't exactly be surprising.
No they haven't. We've been up 20 in several games and just stopped playing with intensity. You're just looking at the final score.

We're finally starting to mesh. I'd say by mid to late January if there are no injury's, we can be pretty good. Still think we will lose at Rupp, but not by much..i'd say 5-7 points.

No they haven't. We've been up 20 in several games and just stopped playing with intensity. You're just looking at the final score.
Asinine logic. "Oh, we stopped caring, so the score didn't reflect what actually happened".

So you started playing shitty and were reckless with the ball, and they crawled back, and if had enough time, had a chance to win. Got it.

We're finally starting to mesh. I'd say by mid to late January if there are no injury's, we can be pretty good. Still think we will lose at Rupp, but not by much..i'd say 5-7 points.

no matter where it is played almost every UK vs UL game is close
i expect this year to be no different

no matter where it is played almost every UK vs UL game is close
i expect this year to be no different
Yep, even if it was played on a neutral, its always close. I think both teams will be ready to go by late Jan early February. UK has a high ceiling as always, especially when you get Vanderbilt back. I think we have a higher ceiling than what we've shown thus far. We're a solid 5-6 seed tourney team I feel like. ACC will show me more though, it's gonna suck and we're going to lose some games we shouldn't.

Asinine logic. "Oh, we stopped caring, so the score didn't reflect what actually happened".

So you started playing shitty and were reckless with the ball, and they crawled back, and if had enough time, had a chance to win. Got it.
You sound like bill self.

Firing away lol..... Yep, in Diallo's long college career he was shooting 31%. I'm not sure why Cal plays him. Gosh he's played in 10 college games. His career shooting of 31% is terrible..
Hey I'm not the one that told him if he shoots a three, he's coming out. Pretty sure the reason for that. And I agree, his 31% shooting is terrible. Not to mention he's not known as a shooter, and it is one of his weakness ; Shot 47% overall, and 20% from three while playing in Egypt. In other words, for a 2-guard, he's not a very good shooter.

This from one scout:

But for the most part in Egypt, Diallo played off the ball in the half-court and he wasn’t particularly impressive in that role. Reluctant shooter. Took just 10 three;s, making two.

This from NBA scouting live:

Cons:

Can be streaky with his jump shot

May need to tweak his shooting mechanics

However, he will need to improve his jump shot, as he is not a very good shooter right now, and he especially has trouble knocking down threes from beyond the arc.

So you see there's a reason he entered yesterday's game shooting 31%. He's not a good shooter. He had a good day yesterday. Kudo's to him. It was out of the norm for him to shoot 4-7 from three. As noted, BY SCOUTS, he's a streaky shooter, with poor mechanics.

Nut you guys don't care about facts. To you, it's just another poster being a hater.

Hey I'm not the one that told him if he shoots a three, he's coming out. Pretty sure the reason for that. And I agree, his 31% shooting is terrible. Not to mention he's not known as a shooter, and it is one of his weakness ; Shot 47% overall, and 20% from three while playing in Egypt. In other words, for a 2-guard, he's not a very good shooter.

This from one scout:

But for the most part in Egypt, Diallo played off the ball in the half-court and he wasn’t particularly impressive in that role. Reluctant shooter. Took just 10 three;s, making two.

This from NBA scouting live:

Cons:

Can be streaky with his jump shot

May need to tweak his shooting mechanics

However, he will need to improve his jump shot, as he is not a very good shooter right now, and he especially has trouble knocking down threes from beyond the arc.

So you see there's a reason he entered yesterday's game shooting 31%. He's not a good shooter. He had a good day yesterday. Kudo's to him. It was out of the norm for him to shoot 4-7 from three. As noted, BY SCOUTS, he's a streaky shooter, with poor mechanics.

Nut you guys don't care about facts. To you, it's just another poster being a hater.

He'll end up shooting around 35% from the 3. I'll take that. Did you see anything wrong with his mechanics against VT? Most of what you're saying is before Cal had a chance to really coach him. Cal gave him the green light to shoot about 4-5 3's a game. Of course if he's hitting that number goes up. Cal may have said that one game, but that's because Hammi was starting to shoot more 3's than he was suppose to. Hey, if I'm the coach and a player isn't doing as instructed, I'm yanking him also. He said the same with Knox. about 3 games back. Not that he can't hit the 3, he's just too versatile to starting shooting 3's because its less work.

Reactions: IUfanBorden
I can’t wait for the 29th. If UK is as bad as you say they are then you all should have no problem. Setan Hall is a title contender so don’t feel bad about losing to that juggernaut.

Oh how hypocritical coming from you. You're one of the worst. I remember a thread you said "Oh idc about this year it's 2019 for Uk."

You have made yourself a well known clown on this board. Heck, even RR doesn't like what you post, lol!

You're the one who called Uk terrible before and during the beginning of the season. You seem to only be a Uk fan when they're good. LOL! Just quit. I never said Uk was bad. You just read beyond the facts.

Last edited:
Reactions: DukeRulesBasketball

You're correct, UK's defense is not great right now, but it was good enough to chase VT's shooters off the line in the second half, they had very few open looks from 3 point range in the second halfalso, I believe they made their average number of threes per game. VT scored 86 points because it was an up and down game with more possessions. How often do you see UK score 93? Most teams don't run with UK, they usually lose that fight, as a UL fan you should know that.
I don't get why so many try to discredit what UK does. KU fans ALSO said UK only kept it close because KU's shooters were missing wide open threes. Well, even Steph Curry misses wide open shots sometimes, so I don't know why you and all those KU fans are trying to cut UK down by saying VT just missed all kinds of open threes.
Also, who are all these people, UK fans, that said VT sucked prior to the game? I never saw that. Seems made up to me. Every UK fan I've seen on these boards had nothing but respect for VT, so I'm not sure where you saw those comments.
In closing, just be careful what you say about either team, UL plays both teams and if I had to place bets on those games I would bet in UK and VT over UL. The beauty of it is, we are a going to get to see those games happen. UL has length, so according to you they shouldn't have a problem with VT. Good luck.

facts are............ UK is shooting 50% on the season and 37% from 3pt range on the season.

VT game might of been one of our best shooting games but we werent a bad shooting team before evidenced by what our shooting %'s are.

these are the 3pt shooting %'s after 10 games

Diallo is shooting 38.5%
Knox is shooting 33%
Green is shooting 44%
Shai Giggles is shooting 46%
PJ Washington is shooting 40%
Gabriel is shooting 35%

I think Green and SGA's shooting will come down to the mid to upper 30's % wise because neither are what you consider sharp shooters but they are all good enough shooters.

I think its fair to see what the numbers are after 4-5 more power conference teams are played but the truth is........... we're not as bad as the UL and IU haters are hoping for.

Reactions: kyjeff1
You're correct, UK's defense is not great right now, but it was good enough to chase VT's shooters off the line in the second half, they had very few open looks from 3 point range in the second halfalso, I believe they made their average number of threes per game. VT scored 86 points because it was an up and down game with more possessions. How often do you see UK score 93? Most teams don't run with UK, they usually lose that fight, as a UL fan you should know that.
I don't get why so many try to discredit what UK does. KU fans ALSO said UK only kept it close because KU's shooters were missing wide open threes. Well, even Steph Curry misses wide open shots sometimes, so I don't know why you and all those KU fans are trying to cut UK down by saying VT just missed all kinds of open threes.
Also, who are all these people, UK fans, that said VT sucked prior to the game? I never saw that. Seems made up to me. Every UK fan I've seen on these boards had nothing but respect for VT, so I'm not sure where you saw those comments.
In closing, just be careful what you say about either team, UL plays both teams and if I had to place bets on those games I would bet in UK and VT over UL. The beauty of it is, we are a going to get to see those games happen. UL has length, so according to you they shouldn't have a problem with VT. Good luck.

Sorry, no one else can analyze Uk's game otherwise it's just bashing hate and "you all hate uk so you're opinion sucks" kind of mentality. My bad. Sincerely.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT