ADVERTISEMENT

***Tuesday night hoops thread***

tenor.gif

Reactions: SpartanJD
Well that was a bad call but you can’t blow leads like that at home

Reactions: Dward13
I'm pretty sure that's been said about every UK home loss.

Sure?

I rarely bitch about officials. That was an awful game, and it was made worse by the officiating, which put a cherry on top at the end.

Let me know the next time a road team is in the double bonus in Cameron / AFH, with the home team not shooting free throws on a foul with 6 seconds to go in the 2nd.

Still doesn’t change the fact that UK shot 5/20 from 3, or that Hagans played his worst game in a month.

IMO the loser would of bitched about the refs anyway. Questionable calls on both teams.
It was a poorly officiated game. Pretty sure Waters played almost the entire game and didn't commit a single foul. It's whatever, we're used to it at this point. Going to be fun watching Grant Williams shoot 30 FTs Saturday. Lol

Reactions: AWilli6995
Sure?

I rarely bitch about officials. That was an awful game, and it was made worse by the officiating, which put a cherry on top at the end.

Let me know the next time a road team is in the double bonus in Cameron / AFH, with the home team not shooting free throws on a foul with 6 seconds to go in the 2nd.

Still doesn’t change the fact that UK shot 5/20 from 3, or that Hagans played his worst game in a month.
UK shot 23 free throws, LSU shot 22.
Carolina shot 7 last night vs Virginia. With today’s whistle happy referees, , when’s the last time you’ve seen a team shoot 7 free throws?

UK shot 23 free throws, LSU shot 22.
Carolina shot 7 last night vs Virginia. With today’s whistle happy referees, , when’s the last time you’ve seen a team shoot 7 free throws?

UNC got 20 more shots up than UVA, and shot 30 3s in that game. Not gonna get too many FTs shooting that many jumpers.

Part of UVAs entire scheme is not fouling and forcing teams to take shots they want them to take. UNC played into that last night. To beat UVA, you gotta create good shots and pound them on the glass.

Reactions: LetsGoDuke301
I mean, it was possibly a goaltend on Kentucky first. Sucks. Had them in a parlay with Duke.

Last edited:
It was s 50/50. They let the uk defenders hand thru the net and the rim on the lay in go uncalled and then swallowed the whistle on a borderline cylinder call. Tough way to lose for sure but it could have ended on the actual layup

UNC got 20 more shots up than UVA, and shot 30 3s in that game. Not gonna get too many FTs shooting that many jumpers.

Part of UVAs entire scheme is not fouling and forcing teams to take shots they want them to take. UNC played into that last night. To beat UVA, you gotta create good shots and pound them on the glass.

Eh, UVA fouls some and their reputation gets them a few calls. They grab and move a lot while screening and just don't get called for it. UNC gets away with some pretty bad screens as well. They also fouled Coby a few times at the rim as well. However, it was a well called game IMO. UNC fouled them some without getting called. They were consistent, which is all you want.

Reactions: Hank_
I mean, it was possibly a goaltend on Kentucky first. Sucks. Had them in a parlay with Duke.
No, the ball wasn't in the cylinder so it wasn't defensive basket interference. It was, however, offensive goaltending.

Just get back to me when UK only shoots 7 free throws at home.
UNC put up 20 more shots than Virginia & Virginia outshot them at the line 18-7.

Reactions: Hank_
No, the ball wasn't in the cylinder so it wasn't defensive basket interference. It was, however, offensive goaltending.

Sure, figured that was possible, which is why I said possibly. I was listening on the radio and have just seen pictures on Twitter. Congrats if that's the case.

I see Cal is being Cal in his press conference. Going to get another referee some death threats.

UK needs to take preemptive measures and announce that anyone who doxxes the ref will have media credentials yanked and banned from attending UK sporting events for life. These people will ruin his life if they get a hold of where he lives.

How hard is it to acknowledge that it was a bad call/no call? You can admit that and still laugh at UK for losing. It was a bad deal for Kentucky.

I heard the refs were only allowed to review if the shot got off in time not if it was basket interference...seems dumb it true

I’m sure there is someone ITT who saw the game and watches more CBB than Gene thinks it was ok.
The goal tend isn't debatable, it definitely happened. Refs miss calls though, sometimes they go your way and sometimes they don't. Unfortunately, on the same play, they also missed Waters stepping out of bounds.
DzQRdo4U0AA7mGy.jpg

Reactions: Cat_Incognito
The goal tend isn't debatable, it definitely happened. Refs miss calls though, sometimes they go your way and sometimes they don't. Unfortunately, on the same play, they also missed Waters stepping out of bounds.
DzQRdo4U0AA7mGy.jpg

That’s a shame

DzQRdo4U0AA7mGy.jpg
Who’s grandma shot that on their flip phone.

Reactions: ReturnOfOakboy
I heard the refs were only allowed to review if the shot got off in time not if it was basket interference...seems dumb it true

Yup. Stupid rule. Any game changing play like that should be reviewable, especially on a final possession. That one play wasn't why UK lost but the refs were awful all game.

Yup. Stupid rule. Any game changing play like that should be reviewable, especially on a final possession. That one play wasn't why UK lost but the refs were awful all game.
I think people would have been up in arms either way they called it. If the goal trend would have been reviewable, the goal tend would have been in play before that. I tend to like refs swallowing iffy calls in crunch time like that. That being said I’d be crying foul if it happened to Kansas.

The fouls called in LSU/UK were even. UK had a lead and should not have surrendered it. Crying about fouls is for cry babies.

Shit happens, but UK has a very good team and this doesn't end the season for them.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT