ADVERTISEMENT

***Tuesday night hoops thread***

I don't know. But pretty soon, Kansas won't be a win worth bragging about for some Kentucky fans. They will talk about how shitty Kansas is and then follow it by using their win against Kansas as an example of beating a good team.
It's already not worth bragging about. They are not the same team they were to start the season. It is a good, but not great win.

Reactions: LetsGoDuke301
I don't know. But pretty soon, Kansas won't be a win worth bragging about for some Kentucky fans. They will talk about how shitty Kansas is and then follow it by using their win against Kansas as an example of beating a good team.

I don't think my Jayhawks have hit rock bottom yet either. There was nothing good to take away from tonight's loss at Texas. UT played harder and knocked down some big 3's when they needed them. Right now KU doesn't have an identity and I'm not sure they're gonna find one anytime soon.

I don't think my Jayhawks have hit rock bottom yet either. There was nothing good to take away from tonight's loss at Texas. UT played harder and knocked down some big 3's when they needed them. Right now KU doesn't have an identity and I'm not sure they're gonna find one anytime soon.
It's still January. You can't find something that doesn't exist, you have to create it. That's easier when you have the talent that Kansas has.

It's still January. You can't find something that doesn't exist, you have to create it. That's easier when you have the talent that Kansas has.

A big part of our problem is effort. The number of 50/50 balls we've been beat to is staggering. Maybe 1 or 2 of our players in a given defensive possession attempts to box out. We have a couple of shooters who just stand around and expect everyone else to get the ball to them at all cost. What's really scary are the number of shot clock violations we've had the last 4 or 5 games. Most of those shot clock violations have occurred without any player knowing how much time was left of the shot clock.

I guess our identity at this moment is disjointed and lazy. What has everyone baffled is Lagerald Vick. He literally looks like he stops playing. All said it is still January (as you mentioned above) so hopefully this team is able to find some sort of groove. We will find out.

A big part of our problem is effort. The number of 50/50 balls we've been beat to is staggering. Maybe 1 or 2 of our players in a given defensive possession attempts to box out. We have a couple of shooters who just stand around and expect everyone else to get the ball to them at all cost. What's really scary are the number of shot clock violations we've had the last 4 or 5 games. Most of those shot clock violations have occurred without any player knowing how much time was left of the shot clock.

I guess our identity at this moment is disjointed and lazy. What has everyone baffled is Lagerald Vick. He literally looks like he stops playing. All said it is still January (as you mentioned above) so hopefully this team is able to find some sort of groove. We will find out.
KU is a Top 10 team, don't beat yourself up. Once they find their groove AGAIN, they will be a tough out I like your team.

The 50/50 balls are a huge indicator of a winning team. I haven't seen many Kansas games, but if you are saying that the 50/50 balls were the difference in your losses, I am not surprised.

When Tre Jones hurt his shoulder and it looked like a long term injury, we had a homeboard thread that said players shouldn't dive for loose balls. Anyone who watches college basketball knows that the team who wins the 50/50 plays typically wins the game.

KU is a Top 10 team, don't beat yourself up. Once they find their groove AGAIN, they will be a tough out I like your team.

The best thing to come out of all this is the development of Dotson, Agbaji, and McCormack. When you're not playing well, everything that goes wrong seems to be magnified a bit more but it also happens. Garrett is one of the best defenders in the country but the problem he's ran into is he is now guarding 4's and 5's which takes him out of a spot he's been used to playing.

In all, our fanbase has been spoiled as far as regular season accomplishments are concerned. Somewhere along the way a season like this one was bound to happen.

Reactions: oldsports_
Jimmy Dykes sounded kinda like Ricky Van Shelton. But it was most inappropriate to pimp the song during the live broadcast of a UK basketball game. Vandy is just sad ya'll.

Last edited:
I already have my excuse all figured out already.

UK beat KU when they were top 10. After the loss, KU didn't have much else to play for, so they mailed it in the rest of the season.
Plus, it's tough to play hard when you're carrying Kentucky's baby.

That one was easy.

Things I learned during UK vs Vandy:

Karl Ravech eats French toast from kids menu
Jimmy Dykes is a failed country music artist
Dykes and Ravech evidently have a podcast
This is Bryce Drew’s last season at Vandy
Meh....I dunno. Losing Garland was a huge blow to this team. But then again, still shouldn't lose by 36 at home.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Simpson with the triple double

One of the most underrated players in the country

I look at the Kansas win the same way I look at the North Carolina win. Both teams were probably a little overrated when we played them but a win over a blue blood is always nice.

Picked up +3 all time wins over Kansas in 10 days

My thoughts on last night (not concerned who cares) is a lot of what’s already been said.

Kansas isn’t a great team without Dok, but they are still a team that could upset a favorite in the dance.

Kentucky is a really good team (yuck), they can beat anyone not named Duke, if they’re hitting on the perimeter.

Tennessee is probably the only team that can beat Duke, when Duke is playing their B game (no one beats Dukes A game). Tennessee could also easily lose to a good team if either star player struggles.

Michigan is a solid, but not great team. I don’t see them putting 6 consecutive good shooting games together in the tournament.

That’s just bizarre from a bill self team

Beat them when they were #9 in the country. Gotta count for something.

ADVERTISEMENT