ADVERTISEMENT

Tuesday night games

Still think Creighton is just a shitty "midmajor?"
As someone that grew up in Omaha, going to Creighton games as a kid, it’s pretty shocking how far the program has come. They had some solid players and teams from time to time and developed well. I remember following recruiting in the early 2000s and Creighton would get zero star recruits and you were lucky if they even had a picture of the recruit in the profile 😂. Now they are bringing multiple four-star recruits every year and can get solid transfers.

If you don't have a fb program, you are a mid major, doesn't matter what conference you are in.

The BIG10, BIG12, ACC and SEC aren't even giving you a look if you don't have a fb program. They’re a mid major.
How do you view Villanova? They have a football team, but it is not FBS...are they considered a midmajor? What about St John's, would they be considered a midmajor? Or Georgetown? Providence?

Reactions: Deepelm
I'd be curious to see what the standard definition of a midmajor is nowadays. With all the conference realignment that has occurred over the past decade, what constitutes a midmajor?

Is Creighton still a midmajor since they left the Valley for the Big East? Is it based on school size? Conference affiliation? Public or private school? Always found that to be an interesting conversation.

For instance, there are a lot of UK fans who say that Cal hasn't beaten a high major in the tournament since 2017 (UCLA), as they didn't consider Houston (2019) or Providence (2023) high majors.

People can define it however they want, but it's obviously an insulting term to any program that's had high-level success. And if they've been in a major conference for over a decade and held their own, it's pretty dumb to still call that program a midmajor.

If you don't have a fb program, you are a mid major, doesn't matter what conference you are in.

The BIG10, BIG12, ACC and SEC aren't even giving you a look if you don't have a fb program. They’re a mid major.
It seems odd for a Kentucky fan to feel so threatened by Creighton. It seems like a random team to be hating on. Even the Kansas fan itt is giving Creighton some respect. Years ago, I went to the NIT game when Creighton played against Kentucky in Omaha. I was pretty impressed by all the Kentucky fans that traveled for an NIT game. I bet there were 2,000 Kentucky fans in the arena.

Creighton has been better than UK the last 5 years? Uh, that’s false. UK was in the E8 in 2019, actually had the game won, missed free throws and lost in overtime.
2020, UK was going to be a top 4 seed, won the SEC by 3 games and had 2 damn good NBA starters on it.
2021… yeah, everyone was better.
2022, UK was a 2 seed with 30 point wins over uNC, Tennessee and WKy and an 18 point win at Kansas. Also had the NPOY
2023, UK went 22-12, 3rd in the SEC

In 2019, Creighton went 20-15 and 9-9, tjis isn't close, UK >
In 2020, they went 24-7 no tournament, call it a draw (not really, but whatever)
In 2021, they went 22-9 better than UK, who sucked that year
In 2022, they went 23-12, made it one round further, UK had a far better season and that’s nit debatable.
In 2023, Creighton went 24-13, went a couple rounds further in the NCAAT, but they did not have a better season. Pretty much even here.

Did you even look at these comparisons before you ran your mouth? Obviously not and what a pussy ass thing to hang your argument on, what chode timeframes like that. Are you seriously going to toss out some "past 5 years" crap for every team we talk about? What a joke you are.

That E8 run was 6 seasons ago, champ.

Last 5 seasons:
Creighton - 118 reg season wins, 8 tourney wins
Kentucky - 100 reg season wins, 1 tourney win

Congrats. You've officially fallen well below midmajor status. 🤣

How do you view Villanova? They have a football team, but it is not FBS...are they considered a midmajor? What about St John's, would they be considered a midmajor? Or Georgetown? Providence?

Just the latest example of him making up nonsense as he goes and trying to pass it off as fact.

Just like Gonzaga, they are basketball greats, bit in my mind, they are mid major programs.

We had a discussion on here not too long ago where some viewed the BIG East as a power 6 conference, but only in basketball, nothing else.

Just the latest example of him making up nonsense as he goes and trying to pass it off as fact.
Hey, how about showing me all those lies I've been posting. you said I lie in every other post, Ihm waiting.

You also said I called Creighton a shitty mid major, but here you are, trying to shit on my when it’s you that posts 'nonsense'.

You spew crap like this as if it's an accepted fact and then insult anyone who doesn't agree. Grade A ****ing clown. 🤣
Well, it is my opinion, I never said it was a fact. Put it up for debate if you want, I really don't care.

If Creighton isn’t a mid major, then we are rwally watering down what a power 5 school is.

That E8 run was 6 seasons ago, champ.

Last 5 seasons:
Creighton - 118 reg season wins, 8 tourney wins
Kentucky - 100 reg season wins, 1 tourney win

Congrats. You've officially fallen well below midmajor status. 🤣
We didn't have a tournament in 21, so it's 5 you shit head. Not only that, but this year is still going, we haven't even made it to the tournament yet, so how the hell do we count 2024?

Again, you look like a complete turd when you try to timeframe. I have an idea, lets continue on with the stupid shit and start in 2010, yeah, lets do that and see what's what. If we're going to timeframe, let's go all in on it.

How about posting all those lies I've been telling. When are you going to do that?

Last edited:
It seems odd for a Kentucky fan to feel so threatened by Creighton. It seems like a random team to be hating on. Even the Kansas fan itt is giving Creighton some respect. Years ago, I went to the NIT game when Creighton played against Kentucky in Omaha. I was pretty impressed by all the Kentucky fans that traveled for an NIT game. I bet there were 2,000 Kentucky fans in the arena.
Who's threatened?

You're reading too much into what Chubby Checker is posting.

I simply called them a mid major, that’s all. He claims I called them a "shitty mid major" and any discussion with Exit goes back and forth for 5 pages.

Again, go back and read the posts. You have a guy hurling accusations and trying to make shit up and all I'm doing is defending my OPINION.

How you get the thought that I feel threatened, is odd. My take is, they're a mid major program, how is that threatening?

Who's threatened?

You're reading too much into what Chubby Checker is posting.

I simply called them a mid major, that’s all. He claims I called them a "shitty mid major" and any discussion with Exit goes back and forth for 5 pages.

Again, go back and read the posts. You have a guy hurling accusations and trying to make shit up and all I'm doing is defending my OPINION.

How you get the thought that I feel threatened, is odd. My take is, they're a mid major program, how is that threatening?
So, because Creighton doesn’t have a historically shitty football program, like Duke, Kansas, Syracuse, Arizona, Kentucky, etc. they are mid major? No offense to those football programs by the way. You’ve called programs like Creighton and Marquette, mid major even though they have multiple four star players in the starting lineup and on the bench. Heck, I think Creighton actually had the higher star average a couple years ago when they played Kansas in the tournament. That doesn’t sound like a mid major.

We didn't have a tournament in 21, so it's 5 you shit head. Not only that, but this year is still going, we haven't even made it to the tournament yet, so how the hell do we count 2024?

Again, you look like a complete turd when you try to timeframe. I have an idea, lets continue on with the stupid shit and start in 2010, yeah, lets do that and see what's what. If we're going to timeframe, let's go all in on it.

How about posting all those lies I've been telling. When are you going to do that?

So does that make you a turd for wanting Calipari fired for not winning more during that period? Since it's an insignificant timeframe and all.

Still think Kentucky's been better the last 5 seasons?

So, because Creighton doesn’t have a historically shitty football program, like Duke, Kansas, Syracuse, Arizona, Kentucky, etc. they are mid major? No offense to those football programs by the way. You’ve called programs like Creighton and Marquette, mid major even though they have multiple four star players in the starting lineup and on the bench. Heck, I think Creighton actually had the higher star average a couple years ago when they played Kansas in the tournament. That doesn’t sound like a mid major.
Wait, so that's your qualifier? You're basing it on some 4* players?

Where does Gonzaga land? Where do you put Boise State? They have a good fb program, but there aren't any fb fans calling them a power program.

If we're on a fb board, what would they say? Are Creighton, Gonzaga and Marquette mid-major's? They would laugh.

If we're on a baseball board, are Creighton, Gonzaga and Marquette mid-major's?

Everyone has opinions, me included and it doesn’t mean anyone is threatened.

But if we're going to say programs like Gonzaga, Creighton and Marquette are power teams in the full landscape of college athletics, than we can find reasons to include most every program in the country.

In my opinion, if you include Marquette, Creighton and Gonzaga as college power programs, then you have really watered it down. In my mind, you can't include programs that don't even have a fb program.

Now, I have no issue saying cbb has 6 power programs, because the BE is a power program, but that's where it ends for me.

It's literally the first time I've ever seen/heard anyone spew this nonsense. Then he hurls insults at people who don't agree with it. I mean...what can you say.... 😆

Reactions: englandnu
So does that make you a turd for wanting Calipari fired for not winning more during that period? Since it's an insignificant timeframe and all.

Still think Kentucky's been better the last 5 seasons?
Wtf? Why are you changing topics?

Yeah, UK has been better. I missed where UK and Creighton played the same schedules. I don't see an advantage either way.

But again, lets stretch this stupid timeframe game to 15 years. See how that works?

As far as Cal, not that it matters, but my take on him is still the same. So what, they won at Auburn. Was that supposed to change my mind? What does this have to do with the discussion?

It's literally the first time I've ever seen/heard anyone spew this nonsense. Then he hurls insults at people who don't agree with it. I mean...what can you say.... 😆
Hey, I'm still waiting on you to post all these lies you accused me of posting. Remember, you said it was every other post, which.means I have been apparently posting FACTS that weren't true. Lets have em.

Also still waiting on you to show me where I cslled Creighton "a shitty mid major".

Wait, so that's your qualifier? You're basing it on some 4* players?

Where does Gonzaga land? Where do you put Boise State? They have a good fb program, but there aren't any fb fans calling them a power program.

If we're on a fb board, what would they say? Are Creighton, Gonzaga and Marquette mid-major's? They would laugh.

If we're on a baseball board, are Creighton, Gonzaga and Marquette mid-major's?

Everyone has opinions, me included and it doesn’t mean anyone is threatened.

But if we're going to say programs like Gonzaga, Creighton and Marquette are power teams in the full landscape of college athletics, than we can find reasons to include most every program in the country.

In my opinion, if you include Marquette, Creighton and Gonzaga as college power programs, then you have really watered it down. In my mind, you can't include programs that don't even have a fb program.

Now, I have no issue saying cbb has 6 power programs, because the BE is a power program, but that's where it ends for me.
Yes I would say there are six power conferences at the moment. If we are talking baseball, Creighton made it to the CWS in the nineties and Gonzaga is solid. To add insult to injury Kentucky is the only program in the SEC to never make it to the college World Series.

I think basketball and football are two separate things. Are Rutgers, Northwestern, Vanderbilt, and Cal major programs? Adding Gonzaga would water it down? 😂

That's not saying all that much though. KU had a bunch of low 4 star/3 star dudes from the KC area on that title team. FBI probe backfire. 🤣

Reactions: englandnu
Yes I would say there are six power conferences at the moment. If we are talking baseball, Creighton made it to the CWS in the nineties and Gonzaga is solid. To add insult to injury Kentucky is the only program in the SEC to never make it to the college World Series.

I think basketball and football are two separate things. Are Rutgers, Northwestern, Vanderbilt, and Cal major programs? Adding Gonzaga would water it down? 😂
My take on mid majors is in reference to college athletics as a whole and student population.

I'm on the fence about the BIG East being a power conference in basketball, I really don't think it is, but that's the consensus here.

I think so many view programs that won titles and take that to mean they are power programs. Well, San Francisco won b2b titles, Loyola Chicago has a title some school in NYC has a couple titles, so I really don't think you can base it on that. I think it needs to be based on student population, but I don't make the rules on the definition.

Yeah, UK hasn’t made it to a college WS, but are we seriously going to question whether UK is a power 5 program?

Wtf? Why are you changing topics?

Yeah, UK has been better. I missed where UK and Creighton played the same schedules. I don't see an advantage either way.

But again, lets stretch this stupid timeframe game to 15 years. See how that works?

As far as Cal, not that it matters, but my take on him is still the same. So what, they won at Auburn. Was that supposed to change my mind? What does this have to do with the discussion?

You're downplaying the timeframe, yet it's a significant enough period to dismiss everything Calipari accomplished before and call for his head.

You're saying that the SEC has been significantly better than the BE over the last several years? Despite doing jack shit in the tourney?

And how would that make 1 tourney win greater than 8?

The fact that you call anyone else a homer is hilarious. 🤣

Hey, I'm still waiting on you to post all these lies you accused me of posting. Remember, you said it was every other post, which.means I have been apparently posting FACTS that weren't true. Lets have em.

Also still waiting on you to show me where I cslled Creighton "a shitty mid major".

I already gave an example. You said that I defended rape. Are you denying you said that?

My take on mid majors is in reference to college athletics as a whole and student population.

I'm on the fence about the BIG East being a power conference in basketball, I really don't think it is, but that's the consensus here.

I think so many view programs that won titles and take that to mean they are power programs. Well, San Francisco won b2b titles, Loyola Chicago has a title some school in NYC has a couple titles, so I really don't think you can base it on that. I think it needs to be based on student population, but I don't make the rules on the definition.

Yeah, UK hasn’t made it to a college WS, but are we seriously going to question whether UK is a power 5 program?
If student enrollment is the main criteria, then the university of Central Florida and Arizona State University are the best programs in the country for athletics. Thanks for your opinion. It’s pretty clear that this is a troll when you’re bringing up Loyola and San Francisco. Have a good day.

You're downplaying the timeframe, yet it's a significant enough period to dismiss everything Calipari accomplished before and call for his head.

You're saying that the SEC has been significantly better than the BE over the last several years? Despite doing jack shit in the tourney?

And how would that make 1 tourney win greater than 8?

The fact that you call anyone else a homer is hilarious. 🤣
How am I downplaying your timeframe? Again, you said 5 years, well, the 2024 season is still heing played and the 2020 season didn’t have a tournament, so you have to encompass the 18/19 season.

Now, lets talk about the last 15 years… .25 years… 35 years…

I already gave an example. You said that I defended rape. Are you denying you said that?
No, you accused me of saying it, where and when did I say it? Again, at best, that's one example, but you said I post lies every other post. Don't quit now, back that shit up. I want to see all these lies you’re talking about.

What about me calling Creighton a shitty mid-major? Ever going to quote that?

If student enrollment is the main criteria, then the university of Central Florida and Arizona State University are the best programs in the country for athletics. Thanks for your opinion. It’s pretty clear that this is a troll when you’re bringing up Loyola and San Francisco. Have a good day.
Wow, you're as bad as Exit, you took what I said and fabricated some shit. Where did I say the biggest enrollment meant they were the best?

Some of you guys really struggle with reading comprehension.

Also, UCF and ASU are in power 5 conferences and they have fb programs, so I'm not sure why you thought you had a gotcha moment.

Wow, you're as bad as Exit, you took what I said and fabricated some shit. Where did I say the biggest enrollment meant they were the best?
Here’s your exact words. “My take on mid majors is in reference to college athletics as a whole and student population.“. Edit to add: if student population is a vital criteria, then Notre Dame should absolutely be a mid major in every sport.

No, you accused me of saying it, where and when did I say it? Again, at best, that's one example, but you said I post lies every other post. Don't quit now, back that shit up. I want to see all these lies you’re talking about.

What about me calling Creighton a shitty mid-major? Ever going to quote that?

LOL

This dude’s losing his grip.

Here’s your exact words. “My take on mid majors is in reference to college athletics as a whole and student population.“. Edit to add: if student population is a vital criteria, then Notre Dame should absolutely be a mid major in every sport.
So, where in there did I say the highest student populations = the best powrr 5 programs??? That's what you said.

Notre Dame plays in the ACC in bb and has one of the best fb programs of all tine, so I'm not sure why you brought them up, but by all means, keep flailing away.

LOL

This dude’s losing his grip.
I am? You're the one that literally said that I lie in every other post, so far, you have not produced a single thing to prove that accusation and I've asked you multiple times. The fact that you haven't, tells me you made the shit up, which would surprise nobody.

Also, again, please show me where I called Creighton "Shitty".

Just admit it, you exaggerated what you said and made uo the part about the lies.

So, where in there did I say the highest student populations = the best powrr 5 programs??? That's what you said.

Notre Dame plays in the ACC in bb and has one of the best fb programs of all tine, so I'm not sure why you brought them up, but by all means, keep flailing away.
You literally said student population was a factor. I used Notre Dame as an example because they don’t have a high student population. I think that’s a terrible metric, but you’re entitled to your opinion.

You literally said student population was a factor. I used Notre Dame as an example because they don’t have a high student population. I think that’s a terrible metric, but you’re entitled to your opinion.
ND has earned their position as a power program. What has Creighton done to put them in ND's class?

But also, I did't JUST say student population was the deciding factor. But also, tell me where I said the highest population means they are the best p5 programs.

But again, how can a program be considered a power program if they don't even.have a football program?

So you tell me, what is your definition of the difference between a power program and a mid major?

ND has earned their position as a power program. What has Creighton done to put them in ND's class?

But also, I did't JUST say student population was the deciding factor. But also, tell me where I said the highest population means they are the best p5 programs.

But again, how can a program be considered a power program if they don't even.have a football program?

So you tell me, what is your definition of the difference between a power program and a mid major?
I don’t think it’s that complicated. At this moment, if you’re in the SEC, BIG 10, BIG 12, Big East, PAC 12, and ACC, then you are a power conference program no matter how shitty you currently are. I guess you could call Gonzaga a power team or whatever. They kind of are what they are.

FWIW Creighton used to have a football team, but they disbanded when the United States joined World War II, and they never started up again.

I am? You're the one that literally said that I lie in every other post, so far, you have not produced a single thing to prove that accusation and I've asked you multiple times. The fact that you haven't, tells me you made the shit up, which would surprise nobody.

Also, again, please show me where I called Creighton "Shitty".

Just admit it, you exaggerated what you said and made uo the part about the lies.

Dude, a PMSing chick wouldn’t be this salty. Lorena Bobbitt thinks you’re overreacting. 🤣

Want proof? Okay.

See, I call it as I see it, I'm far more critical of UK than rival fans are. You, on the other hand, defend rape, cheating, pellet gun hunts and Chair throwing.

Shit, if we’re gonna be technical, every damn thing you said there is a lie. 😂

Last edited:
I don’t think it’s that complicated. At this moment, if you’re in the SEC, BIG 10, BIG 12, Big East, PAC 12, and ACC, then you are a power conference program no matter how shitty you currently are. I guess you could call Gonzaga a power team or whatever. They kind of are what they are.

FWIW Creighton used to have a football team, but they disbanded when the United States joined World War II, and they never started up again.
Okay, you can get away with that on a basketball board, but that's the only place the BIG East could he thought of as a power conference and no, i'm not putting Gonzaga in the power category either, but again, that's my opinion.

• Haha
Reactions: Deepelm
Dude, a PMSing chick wouldn’t be this salty. Lorena Bobbitt thinks you’re overreacting. 🤣

Want proof? Ask and you shall receive…

Shit, if we’re gonna be technical, every damn thing you said there is a lie. 😂
You plucked one comment out of a discussion and are claiming my take on you is a lie, like my take is somehow a fact

But again, you said every other comment I post is a lie and now you're doubling down and saying everything I post is a lie. Give me a lie then, should be able to find about 10 right on this page in your opinion, because you don't know the difference between a fact and an opinion, which is not surprising.

Okay, you can get away with that on a basketball board, but that's the only place the BIG East could he thought of as a power conference and no, i'm not putting Gonzaga in the power category either, but again, that's my opinion.
I agree it’s just a power basketball conference. Soccer as well but that’s not a major college sport.

Reactions: kyjeff1
You plucked one comment out of a discussion and are claiming my take on you is a lie, like my take is somehow a fact

But again, you said every other comment I post is a lie and now you're doubling down and saying everything I post is a lie. Give me a lie then, should be able to find about 10 right on this page in your opinion, because you don't know the difference between a fact and an opinion, which is not surprising.

Shit, you even lied about “calling it like I see it.” If calling it like you see it is 1>8, you probably need to get your eyes checked. 🤣

Dude who fabricated that I defended rape is ranting and raving about me using the word “shitty” instead of “not good.” Can’t make this stuff up.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT