ADVERTISEMENT

***Tuesday night hoops thread***

giphy.gif

Fvck these refs

I think people would have been up in arms either way they called it. If the goal trend would have been reviewable, the goal tend would have been in play before that. I tend to like refs swallowing iffy calls in crunch time like that. That being said I’d be crying foul if it happened to Kansas.

That wasn't an iffy call though. It was pretty clear still in the cylinder. Refs swallowing their whistle on final possessions is always dumb. A foul 39 seconds into the game is one with 10 seconds left too. My biggest issue is it not being reviewable on a final possession. It's Bush league really.

Sure?

I rarely bitch about officials. That was an awful game, and it was made worse by the officiating, which put a cherry on top at the end.

Let me know the next time a road team is in the double bonus in Cameron / AFH, with the home team not shooting free throws on a foul with 6 seconds to go in the 2nd.

Still doesn’t change the fact that UK shot 5/20 from 3, or that Hagans played his worst game in a month.

The numbers have shown that Kentucky enjoys as large of a home foul disparity as any aside from Duke over the years.

But if I had a dime for every time I’ve seen a UK fan post “I rarely bitch about officials, but THIS...”RollLaugh

Reactions: uncfan in ky
It was reported he did step out of bounds, but Nation of Blue corrected their error.
It was horrible defense the whole 6 secs

The numbers have shown that Kentucky enjoys as large of a home foul disparity as any aside from Duke over the years.

But if I had a dime for every time I’ve seen a UK fan post “I rarely bitch about officials, but THIS...”RollLaugh
Wish I had a dime for every time your team has shit the bed or your players have beaten a defenseless female.

Any UK fans care to comment on the non-existent touch foul they called on LSU with 8 seconds left to give y’all the free throws to tie the game?

Man, you really got me, and it definitely addresses this exact game that I was discussing.

Thanks for your well reasoned, intelligent input.

The numbers have shown that Kentucky enjoys as large of a home foul disparity as any aside from Duke over the years
Do you have proof, or are you just stating a fact thats only in your head? We will wait for proof......

Any UK fans care to comment on the non-existent touch foul they called on LSU with 8 seconds left to give y’all the free throws to tie the game?
I saw it and thought it was a pretty damned lame call. The UK ball handler pushed off if anything. UK lost that game by taking dumb shots on the last 4 possessions or so. On that one they got bailed out. Every possession following that was shit.

Reactions: toonces11
So you dont? I knew you didn't. Quit making yourself look stupid making stupid claims you can't back up.
I’m not making a claim. I’m stating a fact.

You’re menstruating all over yourself. I’m laughing sensibly.

I saw it and thought it was pretty damned lame call. The UK ball handler pushed off if anything. UK lost that game by taking dumb shots on the last 4 possessions or so. On that one they got bailed out. Every possession following that was shit.
Thank you. Your objectivity is appreciated. I will agree that the last call was complete bogus, but there were plenty of lame calls all night.

Looking forward to a brawl Saturday.

Thank you. Your objectivity is appreciated. I will agree that the last call was complete bogus, but there were plenty of lame calls all night.

Yep. Looking forward to that one. UK gonna be mad and ya'll are due a loss. BTW, I'm not at all convinced UK got screwed on the last call either. But I was really upset with all the quick shots UK took down the stretch.

It will be a brawl. If UK wants to have a chance at an SEC title and potentially a #1 seed they will have to beat UT in both games. They will be desperate after that loss tonight. I don't see them losing two in a row at home.

It will be a brawl. If UK wants to have a chance at an SEC title and potentially a #1 seed they will have to beat UT in both games. They will be desperate after that loss tonight. I don't see them losing two in a row at home.
I don’t disagree that this loss should produce an incredibly motivated Kentucky team. I’ll be interested to see how it plays out. I’ve thought UT was overdo to lay an egg for several weeks, but they seem to always put it together one way or another. We’ll see if they can keep it up or if they finally come back down to Earth.

I got called into work, just now watched the second half/ending. Good game LSU fans.

On to watch the UL/duke game. Trying to stay away from spoilers.

Reactions: ReturnOfOakboy
The double standard in conference play is what bothers me more than the missed goal tend itself. I can actually see them missing that call in our favor on the road too. College officials often freeze up in last second situations.

What bothers me more is that Hagans and Waters were seemingly playing by a different set of rules. And that we routinely go on the road in conference play and the excuse for lopsided whistles and missed calls is just “you have to expect that on the road”. Not in Rupp apparently.

All that said, Kentucky lost this game and LSU won it. They outplayed us. They shot better from three, they shot better overall, and they shot better from the stripe. They also committed 1 less turnover and played with visibly more energy. Zero excuse for in a home game against a ranked opponent that we were tied with in the conference going into the game. Just a real disappointing effort tonight.

The double standard in conference play is what bothers me more than the missed goal tend itself. I can actually see them missing that call in our favor on the road too. College officials often freeze up in last second situations.

What bothers me more is that Hagans and Waters were seemingly playing by a different set of rules. And that we routinely go on the road in conference play and the excuse for lopsided whistles and missed calls is just “you have to expect that on the road”. Not in Rupp apparently.

All that said, Kentucky lost this game and LSU won it. They outplayed us. They shot better from three, they shot better overall, and they shot better from the stripe. They also committed 1 less turnover and played with visibly more energy. Zero excuse for in a home game against a ranked opponent that we were tied with in the conference going into the game. Just a real disappointing effort tonight.
Dont know how to break it to you, but UK very often gets a favorable or whistle at Rupp. Everyone that isn’t in the blind portion of BBN agrees.

Wow louisville. That might have been the biggest regular season choke job ever.

Not going through the past three pages. Congrats to LSU, they won fair and square. Kentucky shouldn’t have been in that position in the first place. Controversial call wouldn’t have happened had they just taken care of business.

LSU fans, your team gave us fits all night. Heck of a game. Hopefully we get a shot at redemption in the SEC tournament.

Reactions: JC for 3
Not going through the past three pages. Congrats to LSU, they won fair and square. Kentucky shouldn’t have been in that position in the first place. Controversial call wouldn’t have happened had they just taken care of business.

LSU fans, your team gave us fits all night. Heck of a game. Hopefully we get a shot at redemption in the SEC tournament.
Should be a heck of an SECT semi-final game :D

From Matt Norlander:

The lesson of college basketball tonight: A charge call on Duke getting reversed in the final seconds: reviewable. A goaltending call on LSU and/or Kentucky on the deciding play of the game: not reviewable.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT