ADVERTISEMENT

Top 10 most likely to win it all

Duke was the #1 overall seed last year and had a healthy Zion throughout the tournament. Just admit you guys choked. When you look at what Zion is doing in the NBA right now, it's actually pathetic that you only won 3 tournament games as a 1 seed. You barely beat UCF and VT and then lost to Michigan State. The wide open nature last year had nothing to do with Zion going down.

K is the GOAT but it's one of the biggest choke jobs ever. Would be the biggest if UCF doesn't miss the one inch shot at the buzzer. Three top 10 picks and a fourth first rounder (Jones this year). Michigan State wasn't that good either tbh.

Reactions: jhmossy
Sure there are favorites. KU, Baylor, Zags, Duke maybe. But someone else gets hot in the tourney, who knows.

K is the GOAT but it's one of the biggest choke jobs ever. Would be the biggest if UCF doesn't miss the one inch shot at the buzzer. Three top 10 picks and a fourth first rounder (Jones this year). Michigan State wasn't that good either tbh.

If you go by Kenpom, it's not even near K's biggest chokejob. 2002 Duke is ranked as the 4th best team of the Kenpom era and lost in the S16. 04 Duke is ranked as the 16th best and lost in the 2nd round.

2019 Duke isn't top 25.

Guess who is #1 by a good margin?SmokinSmile

Reactions: jhmossy
Did Villanova not happen just 2 years ago?
I thought that Nova team was great but I didn't think it would roll everyone in the tournament like it did in 2018. Remember, Duke with Grayson/Bagley/Carter and UVA with Guy/Jerome/Diakite were considered major threats to win the title that year alongside Nova. It was a 3 team race. KU, Michigan St and UNC were in the conversation too.

I feel like KU is a step above Baylor and a surefire favorite to win like we haven't seen in a while.

Even in 2015, by the time the NCAAT rolled around, posters here thought that Wisconsin, Arizona and Duke could contend with UK because it had slipped down the stretch once Poythress went down.

Yea, I think other teams had hope at the end of the year. Kentucky was still the team to beat, but Duke and Wisconsin, MAYBE Arizona, all had elite teams that would have been the favorite almost any other year. If we had Poy, 40-0. He was the difference between stopping Decker and letting him kill us.

Reactions: bignish
Your statement about Auburn shows that you haven’t watched a single SEC game this season.

carryon though
Yeah I watched the fighting Bruce Pearls barely win 10 of their games this year vs mediocre competition and then get crushed by double digits @ Mizzou, UGA and Florida.

Not impressed.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
Duke was the #1 overall seed last year and had a healthy Zion throughout the tournament. Just admit you guys choked. When you look at what Zion is doing in the NBA right now, it's actually pathetic that you only won 3 tournament games as a 1 seed. You barely beat UCF and VT and then lost to Michigan State. The wide open nature last year had nothing to do with Zion going down.
Basketball's a team sport bruh and the rest of our team was ass. Tre Jones couldn't shoot, Reddish was a TO machine and generally useless while Barrett was an inefficient chucker who took shots away from Zion. We had no bench.

I can't help it if the media and this board latched on to that early season evisceration of UK for the whole season. We were a flawed team that couldn't shoot 3s.

Also, Zion didn't get a touch in the last 3 possessions of the Elite 8 and Barrett shot us out of tournament.

Thanks for triggering me.

Yea, I think other teams had hope at the end of the year. Kentucky was still the team to beat, but Duke and Wisconsin, MAYBE Arizona, all had elite teams that would have been the favorite almost any other year. If we had Poy, 40-0. He was the difference between stopping Decker and letting him kill us.
ND gave you guys a game too in the Elite 8. That was one of the most fun NCAAT games I remember ever watching in the past decade. It went back and forth with Towns on UK and Jerian Grant on ND going beast mode.

Reactions: JimboBBN
Basketball's a team sport bruh and the rest of our team was ass. Tre Jones couldn't shoot, Reddish was a TO machine and generally useless while Barrett was an inefficient chucker who took shots away from Zion. We had no bench.

I can't help it if the media and this board latched on to that early season evisceration of UK for the whole season. We were a flawed team that couldn't shoot 3s.

Also, Zion didn't get a touch in the last 3 possessions of the Elite 8 and Barrett shot us out of tournament.

Don’t forget this happened the year before and Duke lost in OT.

SlipperyFaroffFlickertailsquirrel-size_restricted.gif

Reactions: wesr
Yeah I watched the fighting Bruce Pearls barely win 10 of their games this year vs mediocre competition and then get crushed by double digits @ Mizzou, UGA and Florida.

Not impressed.
You said they were reliant on three point shooting. Which means you didn’t really understand what you were watching. Auburn is one of the worst three point shooting teams in college basketball. Still won 23 games in spite of being ranked in the three hundreds in 3 point efficiency. That is not being reliant on the 3.

Reactions: olsonab

That's bad coaching

I thought that Nova team was great but I didn't think it would roll everyone in the tournament like it did in 2018. Remember, Duke with Grayson/Bagley/Carter and UVA with Guy/Jerome/Diakite were considered major threats to win the title that year alongside Nova. It was a 3 team race. KU, Michigan St and UNC were in the conversation too.

I feel like KU is a step above Baylor and a surefire favorite to win like we haven't seen in a while.

Even in 2015, by the time the NCAAT rolled around, posters here thought that Wisconsin, Arizona and Duke could contend with UK because it had slipped down the stretch once Poythress went down.

No one thought UVA was winning it all when Hunter went down. Sure, didn't think they would lose to UMBC either. Villanova was the best team in the country in 2018 and they backed it up by dominating in the NCAA tournament.

Reactions: RR30

K is not the GOAT. Wooden is the GOAT. Sure he had teams where the 1st team was #1 and the 2nd team would have been #2, but he also did some masterful coaching on less talented teams. Ask UK. That UCLA team that whipped them in ‘75 was not so talented. Ralph Drollinger LoL, dominated. And his early champs with no starter over 6’-5”.

K is not the GOAT. Wooden is the GOAT. Sure he had teams where the 1st team was #1 and the 2nd team would have been #2, but he also did some masterful coaching on less talented teams. Ask UK. That UCLA team that whipped them in ‘75 was not so talented. Ralph Drollinger LoL, dominated. And his early champs with no starter over 6’-5”.

Talking about coaches that didn't have bigger budgets than the NBA thanks

Why are you guys so quick to fire off these remarks but so defensive if anyone does the same in regards to Calipari/Nike?

Why do you make such sweeping generalizations of UK's fan base but get awful defensive when someone does the same of KU's?

Why do you make such sweeping generalizations of UK's fan base but get awful defensive when someone does the same of KU's?

I’m okay with generalizations if they’re mostly accurate.

I just think we will have a better tourney run. I know you and jc love to bring up arbitrary shit from the past when discussing THIS year, lol. However, your team just doesn’t scare anyone. No real standout player, just a bunch of role players who can’t really shoot 3s. The talent level is practically the same.

So much stupidity in this ^.

You've lost 3 of your last 4. 2 to Titans like Clemson and G Tech.
The majority of 1 and 2 seeds wouldn't want UK in their bracket.
No 'real standout player'? Richards, Quickley and Maxey beg to differ. U6's "standout player" doesn't even show up half the time anymore. Hell, Mack even threw him to the bench in recent games.
'Bunch of role players'... don't take my material in describing U6.
'Can't shoot threes'..... wrong once again. 7-15 vs U6, 16-37 combined in past 2 games.

Kentucky is actually shooting close to 35 percent in SEC play. I know people love to harp on things from November but no one wants this Kentucky team in their bracket.

From what I've gathered, when they've shot well, it's generally been against some truly terrible defensive teams like Vanderbilt and LSU. And even then, it's basically just Quickley.

Quickley's a really solid shooter. The rest are not good, other than Sestina hitting an open look now and then.

You have to admit that the SEC would boost a lot of teams' offensive numbers. Very few teams in that league play solid defense.

From what I've gathered, when they've shot well, it's generally been against some truly terrible defensive teams like Vanderbilt and LSU.

Quickley's a really solid shooter. The rest are not good, other than Sestina hitting an open look now and then.

You have to admit that the SEC would boost a lot of teams' offensive numbers. Very few teams in that league play solid defense.
I think you have a fair point, but we’ve actually shot it better in conference play than we did in OOC where we played mid majors almost every night. I would have to think that even as bad as some SEC teams are, they play better D and are more athletic than your typical non power 5 school.

From what I've gathered, when they've shot well, it's generally been against some truly terrible defensive teams like Vanderbilt and LSU. And even then, it's basically just Quickley.

6-18 vs. Michigan St.
7-15 vs U6
7-15 vs Texas Tech
7-23 vs Ohio State
6-16 vs Auburn
5-15 vs Florida
11-22 vs Texas A&M

Some good, some not-so-good results...doesn't look like UK normally shoots a lot of threes though.

Still good enough to beat lil bro jumpingsmile
I’m glad that’s all the matters to you guys. But really, JC is pumping his chest and bringing up posts from weeks ago, to in turn brag about shooting 35% percent from 3..lol
What a dipshit. Laughing

I’m glad that’s all the matters to you guys. But really, JC is pumping his chest and bringing up posts from weeks ago, to in turn brag about shooting 35% percent from 3..lol
What a dipshit. Laughing
It doesn’t. But what do you expect in response when your first post is trolling haha

I actually brought up the 35 percent. And I was just saying is a number we can win with. Not the best but certainly not 32 percent bad.

Oh wow, 35%!!!

Laughing

38% against the four best non conference opponents isn't bad I'd say.

UK isn't a great three point shooting team but Quickley is a killer and Sestina/Maxey can get hot from there. Anyone else shooting them is probably a good shot for the defense though.

It doesn’t. But what do you expect in response when your first post is trolling haha

I actually brought up the 35 percent. And I was just saying is a number we can win with. Not the best but certainly not 32 percent bad.
I’ve got that dude so rustled he cherry picks posts from months ago to highlight bullet points trying to prove me wrong. It’s amazing l.

38% against the four best non conference opponents isn't bad I'd say.

UK isn't a great three point shooting team but Quickley is a killer and Sestina/Maxey can get hot from there. Anyone else shooting them is probably a good shot for the defense though.
If we can shoot 35 to 38 percent the rest of the year, we will have a great chance at a final four. We do a lot of other things well (assuming Hagans cuts back his turnovers)

What a dipshit. Laughing

You define dipshit....

UL_1986 said:
I just think we will have a better tourney run. I know you and jc love to bring up arbitrary shit from the past when discussing THIS year, lol. However, your team just doesn’t scare anyone. No real standout player, just a bunch of role players who can’t really shoot 3s. The talent level is practically the same.

You define dipshit....

UL_1986 said:
I still think we will have. A better tourney run.

ADVERTISEMENT