ADVERTISEMENT

Top 10 most likely to win it all

I don't consider it anything. The geeks that make the analytics consider it a "quad 1" win.
giphy.gif

We look good then we look bad. UK plays the same way.

you sound like a longtime friend of mine that is a huge ul fan
i will tell you the same thing i told him

i respect your delusion
it is better to be delusional then to lose all hope

Reactions: JC for 3
OK, I'll play along without listing losses for comparison.

Well, lets see.....

Evansville beat UK at UK

Pretty sure that game as not computer simulated.

Evansville is pretty solid.
Dude----Really? I seriously hope....Ya know, what----Nevermind. I was hoping you were trolling. I expected more(from you).

What do you mean? This is your own methodology.
No---Its not. Not even close. Comparing what I said, to that of Evansville/UK, then calling Evansville, is just stupid. Its not at all what I said. You said the Big 10 wasn't that good----I argued that by showing where they had beaten about 7 or 8 Top 25 teams OOC. You then say---"But, but....you didn't point out who they lost to...."

Why would I do that? I mean, sure---I can. But I mean---wouldn't that be your job? You tell me apples are better than oranges, I'm sure the hell not going to give you reasons why apples are better.

JFC....

BTW, for you though....

MSU lost to Duke, UK and VaTech OOC...
Maryland lost @ Seton Hall
PSU lost to Ole Miss...
OSU lost to WVU...
Iowa lost to...SDSU and DePaul
IU lost to Arkansas...
Michigan lost to UL and Oregon...

I mean-----Now what?

No---Its not. Not even close. Comparing what I said, to that of Evansville/UK, then calling Evansville, is just stupid. Its not at all what I said. You said the Big 10 wasn't that good----I argued that by showing where they had beaten about 7 or 8 Top 25 teams OOC. You then say---"But, but....you didn't point out who they lost to...."

Why would I do that? I mean, sure---I can. But I mean---wouldn't that be your job? You tell me apples are better than oranges, I'm sure the hell not going to give you reasons why apples are better.

JFC....

BTW, for you though....

MSU lost to Duke, UK and VaTech OOC...
Maryland lost @ Seton Hall
PSU lost to Ole Miss...
OSU lost to WVU...
Iowa lost to...SDSU and DePaul
IU lost to Arkansas...
Michigan lost to UL and Oregon...

I mean-----Now what?
My job to tell you who they all lost to? Why would it be? And why are VT and DePaul in bold?

My job to tell you who they all lost to? Why would it be? And why are VT and DePaul in bold?
You said the Big 10 isn't that good....Why is that?

VT and DePaul are in bold b/c IMO, those are bad losses.

You said the Big 10 isn't that good....Why is that?

VT and DePaul are in bold b/c IMO, those are bad losses.
I didn't say they weren't that good. Probably the most competitive top to bottom along with the Big East. But do I think they deserve to get like 11 teams in the tourney? No, I don't. They may only have 1 team in the entire league without double digit losses going into the tourney. A good sign of league parity for sure, but whether that means good, mediocre, or bad parity remains to be seen until they play outside of the conference. The good thing is we'll get to see it all unfold in the NCAAT.

I didn't say they weren't that good. Probably the most competitive top to bottom along with the Big East. But do I think they deserve to get like 11 teams in the tourney? No, I don't. They may only have 1 team in the entire league without double digit losses going into the tourney. A good sign of league parity for sure, but whether that means good, mediocre, or bad parity remains to be seen until they play outside of the conference. The good thing is we'll get to see it all unfold in the NCAAT.
I don't think they deserve 11----Not now. Not with Purdue collapsing. I do think maybe 10----MD, MSU, Iowa, Illinois, PSU, OSU, IU, Wisky, Rutgers and UM. Now, this could certainly change. Indiana IMO opinion needs to go 2-2 the last 4, to be a lock. With this team, who knows---COuld go 1-3. But their last two are at home; vs Minny and Wisky. Rutgers is sliding....Last 3 are toughies: @ PSU, vs MD, @ Purdue. Lose those 3, and they're in trouble. Wisconsin is looking really good(for a NCAA bid). 10-6 in conference. Lat four are all very winnable. MOF, only games that are trouble,@ Michigan, @ Indiana. SHould handle NW and Minny at home. Probably finish 12-8.

I think at the end, Big 10 gets 9: IU, MSU, MD, OSU,UM, PSU, Wisky, Illinois and Iowa. If Rutgers beats MD at home----probably in.

JMO.

I don't think they deserve 11----Not now. Not with Purdue collapsing. I do think maybe 10----MD, MSU, Iowa, Illinois, PSU, OSU, IU, Wisky, Rutgers and UM. Now, this could certainly change. Indiana IMO opinion needs to go 2-2 the last 4, to be a lock. With this team, who knows---COuld go 1-3. But their last two are at home; vs Minny and Wisky. Rutgers is sliding....Last 3 are toughies: @ PSU, vs MD, @ Purdue. Lose those 3, and they're in trouble. Wisconsin is looking really good(for a NCAA bid). 10-6 in conference. Lat four are all very winnable. MOF, only games that are trouble,@ Michigan, @ Indiana. SHould handle NW and Minny at home. Probably finish 12-8.

I think at the end, Big 10 gets 9: IU, MSU, MD, OSU,UM, PSU, Wisky, Illinois and Iowa. If Rutgers beats MD at home----probably in.

JMO.
I think 9 is probably the right number. Of course it's all fluid over these last few weeks and also depends on what a lot of other teams do. With the level of parity overall in hoops this year I can see some teams winning the auto bid that normally would not have gotten in as an at-large. So all those bubble teams will be praying for no bid stealers like that. Last week, for instance, I don't think IU would have been in. Fast forward a week with a couple solid wins and I think they would be in right now for sure. Of course they could easily be right back on the outside of the bubble if they lose these next two critical games @Purdue and Illinois. I agree that they will likely need to go at least 2-2 in their last 4 to get in, but I think one of those wins will have to be @Purdue or @Illinois (quad 1). Minnesota will be a quad 2 game and Wisconsin will be a toss-up of quad 1 or quad 2 (right now they are NET 29). Gonna be a ton of bubble movement the next few weeks, that's for sure!

I think 9 is probably the right number. Of course it's all fluid over these last few weeks and also depends on what a lot of other teams do. With the level of parity overall in hoops this year I can see some teams winning the auto bid that normally would not have gotten in as an at-large. So all those bubble teams will be praying for no bid stealers like that. Last week, for instance, I don't think IU would have been in. Fast forward a week with a couple solid wins and I think they would be in right now for sure. Of course they could easily be right back on the outside of the bubble if they lose these next two critical games @Purdue and Illinois. I agree that they will likely need to go at least 2-2 in their last 4 to get in, but I think one of those wins will have to be @Purdue or @Illinois (quad 1). Minnesota will be a quad 2 game and Wisconsin will be a toss-up of quad 1 or quad 2 (right now they are NET 29). Gonna be a ton of bubble movement the next few weeks, that's for sure!
Disagree with Indiana....I think they can lose @ Purdue and Illinois, win at home vs Wisky and Minny, and be safely in. Puts them at 20-11, 10-10, with wins over FSU, MSU, OSU, Iowa and PSU. I just don't see a team in the BIg 10, going .500, and not making the dance. Not this year. Bubble is shit.

Disagree with Indiana....I think they can lose @ Purdue and Illinois, win at home vs Wisky and Minny, and be safely in. Puts them at 20-11, 10-10, with wins over FSU, MSU, OSU, Iowa and PSU. I just don't see a team in the BIg 10, going .500, and not making the dance. Not this year. Bubble is shit.
You might be right. A lot will probably depend how much weight the selection committee puts on the NET vs. other variables. IU is currently sitting at 52, behind a lot of other bubble hopefuls a just ahead of a handful more. Those quad 1 wins are going to hold a lot of value going down the stretch.

Reactions: IUfanBorden
You might be right. A lot will probably depend how much weight the selection committee puts on the NET vs. other variables. IU is currently sitting at 52, behind a lot of other bubble hopefuls a just ahead of a handful more. Those quad 1 wins are going to hold a lot of value going down the stretch.
My thing with the NET is, it simply hasn't been around long enough for us to see a pattern---As in, exactly what is the cutoff, etc, etc...Use to be we could say, hey if your not in the Top 60 or so in the RPI, etc, etc...you were not getting in. I just don't think there's a large enough sample size with the NET, to determine a cutoff.

My thing with the NET is, it simply hasn't been around long enough for us to see a pattern---As in, exactly what is the cutoff, etc, etc...Use to be we could say, hey if your not in the Top 60 or so in the RPI, etc, etc...you were not getting in. I just don't think there's a large enough sample size with the NET, to determine a cutoff.
I personally think it's shit, but it was developed by the NCAA as the primary replacement for the RPI so that makes me think they'll be pushing it as a major selection/seeding tool.

Reactions: IUfanBorden
More drivel. Either gonna be Kansas, U of L, Baylor, or Dayton. Kentucky ain’t winning shit this year. Enjoy your super bowl in December little guy!

also jerry eaves ain’t one of us, he’s practically a blew neck, go ahead and embrace that old fayghut.

Only a U6er would refer to fact as 'drivel'. U6 ain't winning shit this year either, bub....not after what I saw last night. Your coach continues to make you clowns play 4 against 5 whenever McMahon is in the game. Nwora showing up is barely a 50/50 proposition.

As far as Eaves.....he's closer to the program than you'll ever be.... probably safe to say he knows more than you do about the future of the program.

You know, it would make me chuckle if Louisville won this year. He likes to brag so much about how Cal dominates them but the tournament results would show that they're the better program since 2010.

Are you serious...?? The 2012 title stands, UK's won more NCAA Tournament games (twice at U6's expense, ending their season), more Final Fours, Elite 8's, more games period. How on earth would you say U6 has 'been the better program since 2010'? Are you on crack?

Are you serious...?? The 2012 title stands, UK's won more NCAA Tournament games (twice at U6's expense, ending their season), more Final Fours, Elite 8's, more games period. How on earth would you say U6 has 'been the better program since 2010'? Are you on crack?

I'm pretty sure he was saying "if" they won it all this year.

In which case you would assuredly have a severe mental breakdown.

Why does it matter if they've ever seen a basketball game or not? These are all schedule-adjusted efficiency based rankings based on available data.

You seem to think there's some sort of implicit bias that's being inputted in the data set or something.

You're saying that the Big 10 are a bunch of mediocre teams beating up on each other but what does that make the SEC? UK is inconsistent, LSU can't guard a soul and Auburn is completely 3 ball reliant. The eye test doesn't show me that these teams should be favored over Maryland on a neutral court. Do you disagree?
Your statement about Auburn shows that you haven’t watched a single SEC game this season.

carryon though

I would very much like to play Duke again...preferably in the National Championship game.

BUT, this year is SO weird, we both may lose in the Sweet 16 and watch someone like Dayton or Seton Hall hang a banner.

i reject the notion it is wide open this year...maybe after you get through the top 5 or so but aside from that there has been more stability at the top for 2 months then what you typically see. I will agree that aside from the top all the other teams seem to be relatively close so there could be a lot of upsets but ee & ff could still look VERY chalky.

1.Kansas
2. Baylor (these 2 seem heads and shoulders above the field)

3. Gonzaga
4. Dayton
5. Duke
6. SDS (these seem like the next pairing...Dayton is a damn good team and Duke...the metrics like them more than my eyes so I am going metrics with this rating)

7. fsu
8. nova
9. maryland
10. Kentucky (other than Nova, I have not seen this group lay even a half of basketball this year so my opinion is not that of a detailed observer.)

i reject the notion it is wide open this year...maybe after you get through the top 5 or so but aside from that there has been more stability at the top for 2 months then what you typically see. I will agree that aside from the top all the other teams seem to be relatively close so there could be a lot of upsets but ee & ff could still look VERY chalky.

1.Kansas

3. Gonzaga
4. Dayton
5. Duke
6. SDS (these seem like the next pairing...Dayton is a damn good team and Duke...the metrics like them more than my eyes so I am going metrics with this rating)

7. fsu
8. nova
9. maryland
10. Kentucky (other than Nova, I have not seen this group lay even a half of basketball this year so my opinion is not that of a detailed observer.)
Id put Dayton 3, FSU 4

The field isn't wide open this year. I would consider it somewhat shocking if a team other than Kansas, Baylor, Duke and the Zags won the title. There's only like 5-7 other teams that would even have a shot at winning 6 straight games like Maryland, Michigan, Seton Hall, Creighton and Dayton.

The field felt more wide open last year once Zion went down and Duke was never the same. 2016 and 2017 seemed to be completely up in the air as you had MSU, UNC, UK, Duke, KU, Nova and the Zags all firmly in the mix with not much separation.

KU looks like a complete juggernaut this year that I haven't seen since 2012 Kentucky.

Reactions: ExitFlagger
I would very much like to play Duke again...preferably in the National Championship game.

BUT, this year is SO weird, we both may lose in the Sweet 16 and watch someone like Dayton or Seton Hall hang a banner.
KU will walk to the Elite 8 this year. I always worry about Bill Self in the Elite 8 game but it would be next level shocking if you guys lost before then.

Duke I could see losing in the 2nd round or Sweet 16 depending on matchups.

Reactions: 5thGenJayhawk
The field isn't wide open this year. I would consider it somewhat shocking if a team other than Kansas, Baylor, Duke and the Zags won the title. There's only like 5-7 other teams that would even have a shot at winning 6 straight games like Maryland, Michigan, Seton Hall, Creighton and Dayton.

The field felt more wide open last year once Zion went down and Duke was never the same. 2016 and 2017 seemed to be completely up in the air as you had MSU, UNC, UK, Duke, KU, Nova and the Zags all firmly in the mix with not much separation.

KU looks like a complete juggernaut this year that I haven't seen since 2012 Kentucky.

Did Villanova not happen just 2 years ago?

Reactions: UL_1986

1.Kansas

3. Gonzaga
4. Dayton
5. Duke

7. fsu
8. nova
9. maryland

As a Kentucky fan, I can tell you as of right now we do not have the point guard play of a legit contender. Hagans is averaging 3.5 turnovers a game and that number rises to over 4 during conference play.

Just one of Kentucky’s major issues but probably the biggest.

Duke was the #1 overall seed last year and had a healthy Zion throughout the tournament. Just admit you guys choked. When you look at what Zion is doing in the NBA right now, it's actually pathetic that you only won 3 tournament games as a 1 seed. You barely beat UCF and VT and then lost to Michigan State. The wide open nature last year had nothing to do with Zion going down.

ADVERTISEMENT