ADVERTISEMENT

The “Mostly Things KU But Mostly Due To Hefty UK Support” Thread

Huh? Sensitivity? I literally agreed with you.
I'm no Calipari fan. He got lucky with Mitchell, there is a gaping hole at our 4/5 without that guy, Cal played the portal game like an idiot.
He got lucky with Reeves too, that guy wanted out, but he realized his classwork was an issue, so he reluctantky came back.
Reeves had no chioice if he wanted to play. I guess you haven't seen Ivisic lol. Cal had no chance in the portal. Who's going to sit behind freshman. We got lucky with Mitchell, not so much with Ivisic. They've been recruiting him for awhile. If you can't get excited about this team and how they're playing, you need to find another team. It would save you a lot of grief. UK Has a great staff, and some hungry players and a revampled style of offense.

Cal has ravamped the staff, the style of play on offense and defense has never been a problem. When you get over feeling entitled, maybe you could enjoy the game again.

Did Puerto Rico pick up the players at Home Depot?
thats-racist-kid.gif

Reeves had no chioice if he wanted to play. I guess you haven't seen Ivisic lol. Cal had no chance in the portal. Who's going to sit behind freshman. We got lucky with Mitchell, not so much with Ivisic. They've been recruiting him for awhile. If you can't get excited about this team and how they're playing, you need to find another team. It would save you a lot of grief. UK Has a great staff, and some hungry players and a revampled style of offense.

Cal has ravamped the staff, the style of play on offense and defense has never been a problem. When you get over feeling entitled, maybe you could enjoy the game again.
Save the home boarding for Rupp Rafters. You’re just making a bunch of excuses for incompetence.

Every flipping year we're supposed to get excited for the next batch of NBA draft picks, only to see it blow up in our faces.

Everyone and their mother sat there in August of 2020 talking about how great Brandon Boston, Clarke and Devon Askew were going to be. We went 9-16.

Everyone raved about our 21/22 team, lost to Saint Peters.

Then, we blew everyone out in the Bahamas last year, everyone was talking about how 'Cal's got this rolling now', then we crashed hard again. What, 12 losses, sat on the bubble for a while, then lost in the second round?!?!

How many times are you going to fall for Lucy pulling that football just before you kick it?

This 2023/24 team is going to lose 10 games, no doubt in my mind. You’re buying into the hype and it blows my mind how you guys continue to fall for this shit.

Stop thinking NBA draft picks somehow = success in college. Kids are drafted on potential more than anything else and in today’s college game, take a look at who's winning titles. It ain't freshmen + one year players, no, it's veteran teams that are fundamentally sound.

Sorry man, but I'm way past buying the hype, Cal is going to have to prove he can get the job done now. His outdated offense, yelling 'GOOOO' and 'RUUUUN' all game and his player favoritism, is destroying his legacy.

But seriously, he gave the point guard keys to Ashton Hagans for 2 years, he thought Devin Askew was UK material, then he gave the pg keys to Wheeler FOR 2 YEARS. What the hell? He’s supposed to know what he's doing.

He used 2 big guys to trap Nowell at half court last year in that KSU game. Fastest guy in the tournament and this genius used two bigs to try to trap him. It was bad enough the first time, but he did it twice. Guy is an idiot.

But hey, keep talking shit on here and getting your stool pushed in. Have fun.

Last edited:
Save the home boarding for Rupp Rafters. You’re just making a bunch of excuses for incompetence.

Every flipping year we're supposed to get excited for the next batch of NBA draft picks, only to see it blow up in our faces.

Everyone and their mother sat there in August of 2020 talking about how great Brandon Boston, Clarke and Devon Askew were going to be. We went 9-16.

Then, we blew everyone out in the Bahamas last year, everyone was talking about how 'Cal's got this rolling now', then we crashed hard again. What, 12 losses, sat on the bubble for a while, then lost in the second round?!?!

How many times are you going to fall for Lucy pulling that football just before you kick it?

This 2023/24 team is going to lose 10 games, no doubt in my mind. You’re buying into the hype and it blows my mind how you guys continue to fall for this shit.

Stop thinking NBA draft picks somehow = success in college. Kids are drafted on potential more than anything else and in today’s college game, take a look at who's winning titles. It ain't freshmen + one year players, no, it's veteran teams that are fundamentally sound.

Sorry man, but I'm way past buying the hype, Cal is going to have to prove he can get the job done now. His outdated offense, yelling 'GOOOO' and 'RUUUUN' all game and his player favoritism, is destroying his legacy.

But seriously, he gave the point guard keys to Ashton Hagans for 2 years, he thought Devin Askew was UK material, then he gave the pg keys to Wheeler FOR 2 YEARS. What the hell? He’s supposed to know what he's doing.

He used 2 big guys to trap Nowell at half court last year in that KSU game. Fastest guy in the tournament and this genius used two bigs to try to trap him. It was bad enough the first time, but he did it twice. Guy is an idiot.

What would it take for you to root for UK again?
We have a mixture of vets and young talent, brought in someone to do scouting/offensive-minded NBA coach, and some up-and-comer coaches.
"lets wait until we see the results" seems miserable.

jmo

We have a mixture of vets and young talent, brought in someone to do scouting/offensive-minded NBA coach, and some up-and-comer coaches.

jmo
I'm a UK fan through and through, but Cal can kiss my ass. UK isn’t his number 1 priority, draft picks are and… .for some strange reason… Sahvir Wheeler, Devin Askew, Brandon Boston and Keion Brooks.

You aren't winning shit in this era of college ball with a new team every year.

I'm tired of buying into the hype every year only to constantly be let down.

Stats for you:
-Since the 2017 E8, our record against ranked teams is 15-26. That’s sad.

-since 2017, Cal has lost 15 games in Rupp

-Some of those home losses were to Evansville, Richmond, Notre Dame, Georgia, South Carolina and Vandy 🤮

-in that time frame, he has had 22 first round draft picks (including Clarke) and some of those draft picks, were lottery picks. 22 in 5 years, that’s insane talent.

To me, that is unacceptable, especially for the highest paid coach in the sport. The fans are doing their part, but that guy is stealing money and flipping the fans the double bird as he does it.

I'm a UK fan through and through, but Cal can kiss my ass. UK isn’t his number 1 priority, draft picks are and… .for some strange reason… Sahvir Wheeler, Devin Askew, Brandon Boston and Keion Brooks.

You aren't winning shit in this era of college ball with a new team every year.

I'm tired of buying into the hype every year only to constantly be let down.

Stats for you:
-Since the 2017 E8, our record against ranked teams is 15-26. That’s sad.

-since 2017, Cal has lost 15 games in Rupp

-Some of those home losses were to Evansville, Richmond, Notre Dame, Georgia, South Carolina and Vandy 🤮

-in that time frame, he has had 22 first round draft picks (including Clarke) and some of those draft picks, were lottery picks. 22 in 5 years, that’s insane talent.

To me, that is unacceptable, especially for the highest paid coach in the sport. The fans are doing their part, but that guy is stealing money and flipping the fans the double bird as he does it.
Were the guy who said "even if UK wins it all they should fire Cal"?
I could look it up but busy.

And there it is. Nothing can be taken from the KU game, but what Kentucky did was exciting and meaningful. 🤣

jmo
Looks like this thread has just become another UK thread :) For shame Kansas! I started this thread for you all, can you all at least pick up some slack and show some interest in your team so we UK fans can rest?

giphy.gif

Were the guy who said "even if UK wins it all they should fire Cal"?
I could look it up but busy.
Not sure, heck, I may have said that a time or two, but I'll say this, I think he's too, fat, stubborn and egotistical to ever sniff another title. His time has passed and the game has changed too much.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Sooo how did KU do today? Nobody posted the score or highlights. Let's have it.

You're so funny. You've bought into your own delusions...

• Haha
Reactions: Random UK Fan
You're so funny. You've bought into your own delusions...
9-16, Saint Peters, Wheeler starting at pg 2 years, Devin Askew, 15-26 against ranked teams, 1 E8 in 5 years, Evansville, Richmond, Kansas State, lost the all time tournament and overall wins leads… ..I could go on for a loooong time on this… but I'm the delusional one???

Apparently you don't understand what UK basketball should be. You seem to be more of a Cal fan.

Update only buddy is playing . Ayton and eric gordon playing monday RIP

and this mf wants to trade teams.

F1VAHX7WwAACQer
I mean that is great and all, BUT....Is this about draft picks, OR, FF and titles?

Notice who is not on there? Villanova----and they have won 2 natty's....Or UConn---they just won the Natty, and now have 3 during Cals tenure(2011, 2014 and 22). Also no UNC----They have a recent title as well. And shit, KU and Duke both have won titles, with far less 1st round picky, streaky thingy's.

I mean I always thought it was FF;s and Natty's at UK----Not Draft picks and winning percentages?

Who is watching? KU up on the fighting buddy hields by 2 so far. KJ adams and HD hitting 3's. Buddy vs McCullar is amazing.

Reactions: KisteK
The talent for KU is apparent but man you can see why Hield is a veteran. KU sometimes sending 2 guys at him and he gets his shot off with ease. He has 18 of Bahamas 36 points at the half. Outside of Hield the talent level of this Bahamas team is probably comparable to a mid-major but Hield is so good that doesn’t matter. When Hield isn’t on the floor all they are getting is guarded 3s. Good competition for this KU team and Monday will be fun playing a couple more NBA hopefully.

The talent for KU is apparent but man you can see why Hield is a veteran. KU sometimes sending 2 guys at him and he gets his shot off with ease. He has 18 of Bahamas 36 points at the half. Outside of Hield the talent level of this Bahamas team is probably comparable to a mid-major but Hield is so good that doesn’t matter. When Hield isn’t on the floor all they are getting is guarded 3s. Good competition for this KU team and Monday will be fun playing a couple more NBA hopefully.
Tum TUm nairn who played at MSU is playing, as is AJ Storr from Wisconsin. The team has talent

KU wins 92-87. Hield didn’t play 2nd half.

Weird 2nd half as Self went mostly backups in the 3rd quarter after they went 61-47. At the same time Bahamas coach got a tech then the refs proceeded to send Bahamas to the FT line the next 6 offensive possessions and KU led by 6 to start 4th. KU went back up 11 to start 4th quarter and then refs sent Bahamas to FT line 4 straight offensive possessions. Haven’t seen box score but would bet Bahamas went it the line a ton in 2nd half. Was a 180 from the first half for them as the 1st half they spent it jacking 3s.

KU didn’t play well that 2nd half as they couldn’t get out and run because of the foul calls on the other end. The officiating seemed to get into their heads a bit especially in the 4th quarter. Some awesome out of timeout plays by KU late put the game away. Thought they kind of let the game get away from them mentally with the fouls calls as well as not bringing the same effort once they saw Hield wasn’t playing the 2nd half.

Reactions: forsh_21
Tum TUm nairn who played at MSU is playing, as is AJ Storr from Wisconsin. The team has talent
Storr’s a legit player. The other guy’s mediocre. But they had a few more solid players.

The interesting thing is that KU won the half in which Hield played by 6 but were -1 in the 2nd half.

Last edited:
KU wins 92-87. Hield didn’t play 2nd half.

Weird 2nd half as Self went mostly backups in the 3rd quarter after they went 61-47. At the same time Bahamas coach got a tech then the refs proceeded to send Bahamas to the FT line the next 6 offensive possessions and KU led by 6 to start 4th. KU went back up 11 to start 4th quarter and then refs sent Bahamas to FT line 4 straight offensive possessions. Haven’t seen box score but would bet Bahamas went it the line a ton in 2nd half. Was a 180 from the first half for them as the 1st half they spent it jacking 3s.

KU didn’t play well that 2nd half as they couldn’t get out and run because of the foul calls on the other end. The officiating seemed to get into their heads a bit especially in the 4th quarter. Some awesome out of timeout plays by KU late put the game away. Thought they kind of let the game get away from them mentally with the fouls calls as well as not bringing the same effort once they saw Hield wasn’t playing the 2nd half.

So I watched the Wilt documentary and Kansas fans are the biggest pile of garbage in all of college spots.

Pathetic
Winning and not being a loser often makes people confident. I can see why someone from Iowa could misconstrue confidence for being a pile of garbage, brains not so big.

KU within 4 of Eric Gordon and Buddy Hield. KU getting some injuries. Arterio with a bruised knee and Harris hobbled.

ADVERTISEMENT