ADVERTISEMENT

****NIT bracket thread for those who celebrate****

EvilMonkeyInTheCloset

Feb 25, 2008
Your closet, most likely......
Gave it an extra * just to signify the importance of this thread.

NIT%20Bracket%20-%20FINAL.png

Reactions: FaithPlusOne
The NIT was really, really good back in the day, when only one team from each conference could go to the NCAA tournament. That was about 50 years ago.
When the NCAA Tournament expands, that will essentially kill the NIT as a consolation prize for the major conference teams.

It will become a full-blown secondary tournament for the mid-majors that didn't win their conference tournament and got left out of the NCAA Tournament.

Other than pride, why wouldn't teams want to extend their season?

Cutting short seniors years? More playing time for returning players?

Outside of pride, I don't get it.

Other than pride, why wouldn't teams want to extend their season?

Cutting short seniors years? More playing time for returning players?

Outside of pride, I don't get it.
UNC declined last year. I may be remembering incorrectly, but the players themselves didn’t want to play it. Given how the season unfolded I couldn't blame them.

UNC declined last year. I may be remembering incorrectly, but the players themselves didn’t want to play it. Given how the season unfolded I sort of can’t blame them.
So let them sit out like some do with college bowl games and let the others play.

IDK. Their choice.

"We're ready for this season to end".

So let them sit out like some do with college bowl games and let the others play.

IDK. Their choice.
Honestly, I’d rather a team that wants to play, play. Maybe a mid- or low-major who had a good season but didn’t win their conference tournament. Means a lot more to them and their programs.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Maybe it shows the players didn't get along with their teammates.

"I'd rather not play with them or this staff again"?

I was just under the assumption, players like to play.

Here's a list of teams who has more heart and not a huge vagina.

CBI Tournament 2024 Teams

Here are the teams in the CBI:

1. High Point Basketball
  2. UC San Diego Basketball
  3. Seattle Basketball
  4. Arkansas State Basketball
  5. Montana Basketball
  6. Quinnipiac Basketball
  7. Fairfield Basketball
  8. Northern Colorado Basketball
  9. Cleveland State Basketball
  10. Little Rock Basketball
  11. Evansville Basketball
  12. Presbyterian Basketball
  13. Bethune-Cookman Basketball
  14. Delaware State Basketball
  15. Chicago State Basketball

I guess no one wants to be Rober Morris'd.

Losing to them on their home court was better than not playing.

One showed up. UK wasn't even supposed to play there but with renovations, they showed up in not ideal situation and it sucked.

From now on that loss is better than not showing up at all.

I think part of the problem is the portal opens so early. I realize back-door conversations are happening at all times, but they should push that back to when the tournaments are over.

Here's a list of teams who has more heart and not a huge vagina.

CBI Tournament 2024 Teams

Here are the teams in the CBI:

1. High Point Basketball
  2. UC San Diego Basketball
  3. Seattle Basketball
  4. Arkansas State Basketball
  5. Montana Basketball
  6. Quinnipiac Basketball
  7. Fairfield Basketball
  8. Northern Colorado Basketball
  9. Cleveland State Basketball
  10. Little Rock Basketball
  11. Evansville Basketball
  12. Presbyterian Basketball
  13. Bethune-Cookman Basketball
  14. Delaware State Basketball
  15. Chicago State Basketball

Whoever wins it will be super stoked too.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
I think part of the problem is the portal opens so early. I realize back-door conversations are happening at all times, but they should push that back to when the tournaments are over.
They can cry about the school side being the issue for transferring early, but players should be forced to stay with their team until the season is OFFICIALLY over for everyone.

If they don't want to play, that's their choice.

They can cry about the school side being the issue for transferring early, but players should be forced to stay with their team until the season is OFFICIALLY over for everyone.

If they don't want to play, that's their choice.
A lot of players seasons are already officially over with no chance of an offseason.

But I hate the portal opening up this early. It also gives coaches the incentive to not coach the season out. They may be incentivized to get an early jump in the portal as well. I really think it shouldn’t open until everyone’s season is over.

Pitt, St.Johns, Memphis, Ole Miss, Oklahoma, Indiana, Syracuse.

All huge vaginas.

They could have made a decent NIT tournament.

Have to give credit for teams like Villanova (recent NCAA Champions) and company to play in the NIT to try to get better for next season.

Last edited:
Here are a number of stories of schools that turned down the NIT bids.

Among the teams that turned down NIT invitations were Indiana, Ole Miss, Oklahoma, Memphis, St. John’s and Pittsburgh. The sheer number left one former coach and current college basketball analyst fuming: Tom Crean.

“There’s no question about it,” Crean said on ESPN. “I would want to coach, I would want to develop my team. You’ve got bigger staffs than you’ve ever had. There’s plenty of time for the portal. There’s plenty of time to talk to recruits. There’s plenty of time to negotiate NIL deals.

“It’s each coach’s choice, I get it,” Crean said. “But if you take away a chance to play the games, to put your team on the floor… let them opt out. The bowl season has it all the time. Let it happen, who cares? Give your players and coaches a chance to keep coaching and playing and don’t shortchange. If a guy doesn’t want to play, go sit down. If a coach doesn’t want to coach, go recruit.

“But there’s got to be enough people to put five, six, seven people on the floor and go play. It makes absolutely zero sense to me.”
[\quote]

Do the players take part in these decisions or just the schools? If its the players whatever, but if it's the schools and they are taking away a players chance to shine than it's a travesty.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT