ADVERTISEMENT

UK/KU

Dejuan Harris shot 40% from 3 last year. He just gets his jollies from assists.

This UK team shouldn't lose north of 5 games.
Not sure about that....Especially without the bigs. Still h ave Miami, Gonzaga and UNC in the OOC...SEC is brutal---TN, Arky, A&M, Bama and AU. Vols and Backs 2X...And play AU and A&M on the road.

This team is hard to really gauge w/o Bradshaw, Z and Oneyso. With them, WOW. Legit FF team. But w/o them? IMO, ceiling is a SW 16 type of team....Because ya'll will have to depend on the 3 ball a ton.

Reactions: cdbearde
Not sure about that....Especially without the bigs. Still h ave Miami, Gonzaga and UNC in the OOC...SEC is brutal---TN, Arky, A&M, Bama and AU. Vols and Backs 2X...And play AU and A&M on the road.

This team is hard to really gauge w/o Bradshaw, Z and Oneyso. With them, WOW. Legit FF team. But w/o them? IMO, ceiling is a SW 16 type of team....Because ya'll will have to depend on the 3 ball a ton.
Bradshaw will be back by the Miami game. Well, that's my feeling on it anyway.
Z should be cleared soon too.

Plus what’s to say a big starts to play and jacks with any established chemistry? Could become worse.

Reactions: cdbearde
BTW, Cal and Self are tied heads up. Tonight will make the difference. Crazy they've played so many times but it's good for college bball.

Also, I'll probably be in bed by the time the game comes on so leave the avatar and I'll post it in the morning. 30 days starting tomorrow.

Reactions: ExitFlagger
Plus what’s to say a big starts to play and jacks with any established chemistry? Could become worse.

It'll probably be a net positive, but people seem to be only thinking of the pros and none of the cons. The 5 out lineup (taking advantage of Dickinson's inability to guard the perimeter) was what allowed Kentucky to get open looks and build a lead. Take Thiero off the court and you lose arguably their most impactful player the other night.

Reactions: Random UK Fan
It'll probably be a net positive, but people seem to be only thinking of the pros and none of the cons. The 5 out lineup (taking advantage of Dickinson's inability to guard the perimeter) was what allowed Kentucky to get open looks and build a lead. Take Thiero off the court and you lose arguably their most impactful player the other night.

What's weird is Thiero had like a -18 plus/minus. It felt like we were playing well when he was on the court but KU actually went on runs while he was playing.

What's weird is Thiero had like a -18 plus/minus. It felt like we were playing well when he was on the court but KU actually went on runs while he was playing.
It’s because he was always on the floor with Edwards and Wagner. Those are the 2 guys that stunk up the entire arena and Cal kept running them out there.

Dillingham hit four straight three's, then assisted on Reeves' 3 on the next possession, Cal pulled him and put Wagner in. I've seen Cal do that so many times and it's never one of his favorites he does that to.

There is no other coach in the country that would pull a player that is as hot as RD was. We have the 1 coach that does that.

It’s because he was always on the floor with Edwards and Wagner. Those are the 2 guys that stunk up the entire arena and Cal kept running them out there.

Dillingham hit four straight three's, then assisted on Reeves' 3 on the next possession, Cal pulled him and put Wagner in. I've seen Cal do that so many times and it's never one of his favorites he does that to.

There is no other coach in the country that would pull a player that is as hot as RD was. We have the 1 coach that does that.
I didn't get it either. Plus it robbed Rob of the heater he was on. He was feeling it and the next thing he was on the bench. Most teams feed the hot hand. Even let them heat-check on a couple of shots.

I understand what Calipari trying to do early in the season, but come on guy. Let's play KU like it's a March game.

Yeah that makes sense.

The box score was weird. I think Burks had like a +20 and I'd much rather have Thiero playing than Burks imo.

I think Thiero is going to be 7'5 450 by the time he leaves UK. He's not the same dude he was when he showed up on campus. Credit goes to him.

F_D5imLWUAAxbha

Last edited:
I didn't get it either. Plus it robbed Rob of the heater he was on. He was feeling it and the next thing he was on the bench. Most teams feed the hot hand. Even let them heat-check on a couple of shots.

I understand what Calipari trying to do early in the season, but come on guy. Let's play KU like it's a March game.
Calipari has his favorites and he rolls with them until they prove to him that they just don’t have it.

He did it with Greene, Whitney, Wheeler, Boston, EJ, Brooks and Toppin and he's going to do it with Edwards and Wagner.

Those two combined for 5 total points and Edwards proved he's as soft as any player Cal has ever had, yet those two got the most minutes out of all the backcourt players.

I would have limited both players to 15 minutes each. They stunk, but Cal did what he always does. He pampers his favorites and pushes the others to the side.

I get it, in order for this team to be great, Edwards and Wagner need to be great, but Cal sacrificed a monster win and got nothing out of it. Both players still continued to hurt the team every minute they were out there.

If Edwards wants to keep his draft status where it's at, he better start playing to his potential. It’s disturbing to me how bad he is.

Calipari has his favorites and he rolls with them until they prove to him that they just don’t have it.

He did it with Greene, Whitney, Wheeler, Boston, EJ, Brooks and Toppin and he's going to do it with Edwards and Wagner.

Those two combined for 5 total points and Edwards proved he's as soft as any player Cal has ever had, yet those two got the most minutes out of all the backcourt players.

I would have limited both players to 15 minutes each. They stunk, but Cal did what he always does. He pampers his favorites and pushes the others to the side.

I get it, in order for this team to be great, Edwards and Wagner need to be great, but Cal sacrificed a monster win and got nothing out of it. Both players still continued to hurt the team every minute they were out there.

If Edwards wants to keep his draft status where it's at, he better start playing to his potential. It’s disturbing to me how bad he is.
His offensive rebounding and hustle show he's working. His stat sheet doesn't show the effort. I like he's not forcing anything. He's playing within the offense and making the right passes when double-teamed.

We have a lot of capable players on this team and I, for one, wouldn't want someone to disrupt the flow but embrace it instead. Even if his stats suffer.

His offensive rebounding and hustle show he's working. His stat sheet doesn't show the effort. I like he's not forcing anything. He's playing within the offense and making the right passes when double-teamed.

We have a lot of capable players on this team and I, for one, wouldn't want someone to disrupt the flow but embrace it instead. Even if his stats suffer.
I'm thinking both players will play to their college potential at some point, but Cal has to at least be smart and not lose a bunch of games because he played them too much. He just lost a big game because he played his favorites who stunk.

There is a way to play them and win games at the same time. He did so much right against KU, but he ended up giving the game away, because he didn’t do the things you have to do to put good teams away.

When players are hot, you let them cook, when players are struggling, get them out.

This is not the year to play favorites. play the dudes that are playing winning basketball. Wagner and Edwards will be successful NBA players no matter what happens this season.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84

Told my wife “why the hell would Cal make Dillingham sit after a timeout. He was on fire, and had just had a couple minutes to rest! “. He wasn’t the same after that timeout and subsequent cooling off.

So frustrating.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
Told my wife “why the hell would Cal make Dillingham sit after a timeout. He was on fire, and had just had a couple minutes to rest! “. He wasn’t the same after that timeout and subsequent cooling off.

So frustrating.
Cal threw a bucket of ice water on him by pulling him like that.

Like I said, I've never seen him do that to one if his favorites, but he does it constantly to certain players.

What he did to Bryce Hopkins a couple years ago, should have cost him some recruits.

If yall UK fans could make the decision right now whether to fire or keep Cal, with the catch that if you keep him, then you must keep him for another 5 years no matter what. What do you do?

If yall UK fans could make the decision right now whether to fire or keep Cal, with the catch that if you keep him, then you must keep him for another 5 years no matter what. What do you do?
I don't want him for another 5 seconds, let alone another 5 years.
That guys priorities are twisted, he'll never win another title.

Dillingham got pulled because he picked up two fouls. He was put back in with under 30 seconds left in the half because Kentucky had possession. Cal pulls everyone when they have 2 fouls.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Dillingham got pulled because he picked up two fouls. He was put back in with under 30 seconds left in the half because Kentucky had possession. Cal pulls everyone when they have 2 fouls.
You’re saying Dillingham picked up a foul between his 3pt barrage and that media timeout? I don't believe he did.

You’re saying Dillingham picked up a foul between his 3pt barrage and that media timeout? I don't believe he did.
Yeah he was going crazy and got caught with his hand in the cookie jar. I hate that some coaches just pull guys no matter what when that get 2 and Cal is one of those coaches. Some players are smart enough to play with two in the first half and not pick up their 3rd. Dillingham plays too loose but Shepard is a player I would feel comfortable with leaving in the game with 2 early fouls.

Kentucky may be a better team playing small than with their big guys. Kentucky might be a sweet sixteen type team but Calipari will cause them to exit first weekend.

I’m pretty sure Nike and Cal have beef. At least from what I’ve read.
Other than his family, does anyone like Calipari? Yeah he does fundraisers for people in need from time to time, but he also makes sure he’s on the camera getting credit for it. Just saying

Other than his family, does anyone like Calipari? Yeah he does fundraisers for people in need from time to time, but he also makes sure he’s on the camera getting credit for it. Just saying
No you’re right. Even our own fanbase has issues with him.

Reactions: rockycard
Yeah he was going crazy and got caught with his hand in the cookie jar. I hate that some coaches just pull guys no matter what when that get 2 and Cal is one of those coaches. Some players are smart enough to play with two in the first half and not pick up their 3rd. Dillingham plays too loose but Shepard is a player I would feel comfortable with leaving in the game with 2 early fouls.
It’s funny, Matt Jones, who I like, seems to think UK can't win it all if Dillingham and Sheppard are the best players. I call bs on that. Are Kyle Guy and Ty Jerome better?

Most of the teams winning titles, did so with guards that are not as good as Dillingham and Shep.

You don't have to have NBA potential to be great in college. Right now, Shep and Dillingham are our best guards and it ain't close.

When we get our bigs back, Edwards should back up Thiero and Wagner should back up Dillingham. That’s what SHOULD happen, but Cal won't do that. NBA projections mean more to him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT