ADVERTISEMENT

The “Mostly Things KU But Mostly Due To Hefty UK Support” Thread

KU now with the lead. Gordon heating up and Hield is unguardable. Well , for some god forsaken reason, Dejuan is guarding him over McCullar.

KU now with the lead. Gordon heating up and Hield is unguardable. Well , for some god forsaken reason, Dejuan is guarding him over McCullar.

Lost by 6.

Can’t comment much as I didn’t get to watch the game. Box score looks like turnovers leading directly to points and were a big difference. KU was -10 points in Points-off-turnovers and they went 14-23 from FT line. This was good for them to play these competitive games. Sucks have to wait a few more months for basketball to be back.

So Ayton didn't play at all and Gordon and Hield both sat the whole 4th qtr.... but those scrubs still won the qtr?😬

awkward-naked-gun.gif

So Ayton didn't play at all and Gordon and Hield both sat the whole 4th qtr.... but those scrubs still won the qtr?😬

awkward-naked-gun.gif

Take out a few of those scrubs Kentucky faced and replace them with Hield and Gordon for three quarters. Let me know how that goes. 😆

Also, Morris was out for the game and McCullar (not harris) was hobbled playing through a bad ankle. The rest of the team we played is not the 20 year old clowns UK played, this team is prepping for the olympics. And KU almost got them.

Also, Morris was out for the game and McCullar (not harris) was hobbled playing through a bad ankle. The rest of the team we played is not the 20 year old clowns UK played, this team is prepping for the olympics. And KU almost got them.
Self also gave a lot of minutes to guys like Parker Braun, Clemence and McDowell, two of which are probably going to redshirt and won't play a second this year. There were extended stretches with several end of the bench guys on the court.

They were a little sloppy at times and FT shooting wasn't very good. Other than that, I liked what I saw in every outing. Can't wait to see what Furphy's got. Self said that he expects him to play a lot of minutes. Pretty unusual thing for him to say about a recruit that hasn't even arrived on campus yet.

9-16, Saint Peters, Wheeler starting at pg 2 years, Devin Askew, 15-26 against ranked teams, 1 E8 in 5 years, Evansville, Richmond, Kansas State, lost the all time tournament and overall wins leads… ..I could go on for a loooong time on this… but I'm the delusional one???

Apparently you don't understand what UK basketball should be. You seem to be more of a Cal fan.
Yeah there's been 3 rough yrs. It happens. Even happened to K

You mean u guys never flopped in the tournament?

Sure but a 3-year run like what UK has had? The closest you’ll find are some rough 2-year runs (99/00, 05/06, 14/15) but even then most of those are top 4 seeds with first weekend exits. Hell 1999/2000 KU sucked and were 6 and 8 seeds but played great games even though they were losses in the 2nd round to UK and Duke. Basically KU’s worst season over the last 40 year are good to great for so many programs.

I was going to start a new thread but I would rather this thread continue to lap the all things UK thread.

Self Vs Cal while both were at ku and uk 5-5

Which were your top 3 best games?

Here are all of them in chrono order

11-12 season UK 75-KU 65 champs classic
11-12 season UK 67-59 KU Title game
14-15 season UK 72 -40 KU gag champs classic
15-16 season KU 90 - 84 UK sec vs B12 challenge
16-17 season KU 79 - 73 UK sec vs b12 challenge
17-18 season KU 65 - 61 UK champs classic
18-19 season UK 71-63 KU sec vs b12 challenge
20-21 season KU 65-62 UK champs classic
21-22 season UK 80-62 KU sec vs b12 challenge