ADVERTISEMENT

OT 2020 NFL general discussion thread.

45-0 Patriots over the Chargers. WTF?
Such a weird year. Same Patriots team that lost to a horribly undermanned 49ers team at home 33-6.

And then there is an outside chance that the 49ers could actually make the playoffs. The Bills will be tough tomorrow night. But if they win that, they have a window. The Vikings have a tough schedule. The Cardinals have to play the Niners after they have played in their stadium 2 of the previous 3 weeks. The bears are imploding. The week 17 game between the 49ers and the Seahawks could be for the money.

Reactions: ExitFlagger
Such a weird year. Same Patriots team that lost to a horribly undermanned 49ers team at home 33-6.

And then there is an outside chance that the 49ers could actually make the playoffs. The Bills will be tough tomorrow night. But if they win that, they have a window. The Vikings have a tough schedule. The Cardinals have to play the Niners after they have played in their stadium 2 of the previous 3 weeks. The bears are imploding. The week 17 game between the 49ers and the Seahawks could be for the money.

Part of me is worried that the 49ers will slip in and make a run.

Reactions: GhostOf301
Pats are 6-6 (very nearly 8-4) with the hardest schedule in the league, most Covid opt outs, lost their only wr threat in Edleman, and signed Cam Newton way late. I’d say that’s fairly remarkable. Meanwhile, Brady and the Bucs have a loaded roster and are sitting at 7-5 with a bad schedule for the most part. I expect they will close out the last 4 games by going 3-1 but if the Vikings manage to win, they could be in trouble.

Reactions: dtgold88
We'll see after tonight if it's worth contemplating a 49ers playoff birth. Feel like Mostert is going to have a good game.

Everyone looks soft if your using Henry as the bar at RB.
True, but I have seen twice now, last year vs Seattle and this year vs Carolina, where Cook fumbled the ball, fell to the ground in what looks like the worst kind of injury only to come back fine. That's the kind of soft I am talking about.

Oh man Pittsburgh is so shit and they will end the season 11-6, losing in the wild card game. I wonder when was the last time that a team started 11-0 ended up losing the last 6.

That contact call on Sherman is the crap he has gotten away with his whole career. Figured they'd start calling him for it now that he isn't in Seattle.

True, but I have seen twice now, last year vs Seattle and this year vs Carolina, where Cook fumbled the ball, fell to the ground in what looks like the worst kind of injury only to come back fine. That's the kind of soft I am talking about.

Naw Cook isn’t soft. He carried the ball 32 times yesterday. Injury prone, yes. He would have been a 2,000 yard/season rusher in College if he had played all games in a season.

How big is Henry? 230-240? Cook is 210. They are the 2 best RB’s in the league this year hands down. A healthy McCaffrey would have a say tho.

49ers shit the bed on offense. Buffalo is having their way against the defense. Not over, not promising. Allen is having a night. Pretty impressive.

Oh man Pittsburgh is so shit and they will end the season 11-6, losing in the wild card game. I wonder when was the last time that a team started 11-0 ended up losing the last 6.
1986 Jets were close.....started 10-1, ended 11-7

I think Kamara's hard to beat as far as overall skills. I don't follow any of those players religiously though.

McCaffrey was 1,000+ rusher and receiver in 2019. Doubt any top that last year. Best all around. Rushing this year so far, Henry 1,200+, Cook 1,100+, and nobody else close. Cook missed a couple games with...you guessed it, injury. I like Chubb and what he’s overcome injury-wise. This year tho he’s not close to either Henry or Cook.

Homer pick Jones is sneaky good as both a runner and pass catcher for GB. Not to suggest he’s on Mccafferys/kamaras level, but he’s a player.

Just runner, give me henry. So big, so fast, so punishing.

McCaffrey was 1,000+ rusher and receiver in 2019. Doubt any top that last year. Best all around. Rushing this year so far, Henry 1,200+, Cook 1,100+, and nobody else close. Cook missed a couple games with...you guessed it, injury. I like Chubb and what he’s overcome injury-wise. This year tho he’s not close to either Henry or Cook.
does have more explosive runs of 20+ than anyone despite the games he missed so "not close" might be a stretch. also shows up whenever he plays this year. Even had a solid game in the blowout losses. worst game was 4.44 yards/carry. Next is 5.64. Henry has been held to 4 or less yards/carry 6 times. Overall Chubb at 6.0 and Henry 4.9

does have more explosive runs of 20+ than anyone despite the games he missed so "not close" might be a stretch. also shows up whenever he plays this year. Even had a solid game in the blowout losses. worst game was 4.44 yards/carry. Next is 5.64. Henry has been held to 4 or less yards/carry 6 times. Overall Chubb at 6.0 and Henry 4.9

Who are we talking about not being close? I was saying this year, nobody else close to Henry and Cook.

Funny. Just saw where Richard Sherman said it would take a miracle to get him to resign with the 49ers. Good riddance. The secondary will go from being horrible with him to being horrible without him. If he got away with the holding and the illegal contact now like he did with Seattle, he may still be good. But he doesn't, because he never should have.

Does this year just come down to who gets hot at the right time?

Is that different from every other year?

I kinda like the Chiefs’ chances to repeat. 22 wins in the last 23 games. The only loss being a game in which 14 points were taken off the board.

Yea I was actually gonna start a new thread apologizing to you @Jimbo. Teddy has sucked Since I got on here defending him.

Esp yesterday with Denver missing their entire secondary. Very disappointing, cost me at the bookie as well. Pitiful. I’ll take my crow well done please.

And don’t blame Car a bit. Guess he’s just destined to be a backup. Is he on a 1 year deal there? He would be a good mentor to a young qb, he’s an amazing person and class act off the field and very professional in the locker room.

Yea I was actually gonna start a new thread apologizing to you @Jimbo. Teddy has sucked Since I got on here defending him.

Esp yesterday with Denver missing their entire secondary. Very disappointing, cost me at the bookie as well. Pitiful. I’ll take my crow well done please.

And don’t blame Car a bit. Guess he’s just destined to be a backup. Is he on a 1 year deal there? He would be a good mentor to a young qb, he’s an amazing person and class act off the field and very professional in the locker room.
No apology needed. He’s had a few games this year where he’s really flashed and done well. Pushing the ball down the field. Accurate. It just seems like the more tape that comes in on him, the harder time he has on the field. I mean, game on the line, 4th down and 8 to go, and you throw a two yard check down? Doesn’t make sense.

But I agree, Teddy is what he is at this point. A very good backup that can win you games in certain spots. I would be more than happy to have him mentor our rookie next season, as I’m more confident than ever we will draft one in the spring. Next year will probably be his last in Carolina.

Edit. Couldn’t agree more in his attitude and who he is as a person. A class act

Reactions: Villian07
No faith in the Packers?

The Rams have the better defense, but I’d pick Rodgers vs Goff.

We/packers can’t stop the run. And that’s not a recipe for success in the playoffs.

And if anyone ever figures out to double Adams and make Lazard and mvs beat them we are in trouble.

I’d def take Rodgers over Goff too but cam Akers just put 170 on the ground vs the pats so he’d have about 250 against GB.

I don’t think we can beat the Rams, saints, TB or Seahawks in the playoffs but would love to be wrong about that.

Henry had a monster game vs Jags. Over 200 yards. Cook had over 100 vs the #1 rush defense, Tampa Bay.

Henry will win the rushing title barring injury. Over 1,500 yards. Cook #2 at over 1,300 yards. James Robinson is a distant 3rd 300 yards behind Cook at about 1,000.

Chubb is at 880+. Really no argument this season. Henry and Cook the best.

We/packers can’t stop the run. And that’s not a recipe for success in the playoffs.

And if anyone ever figures out to double Adams and make Lazard and mvs beat them we are in trouble.

I’d def take Rodgers over Goff too but cam Akers just put 170 on the ground vs the pats so he’d have about 250 against GB.

I don’t think we can beat the Rams, saints, TB or Seahawks in the playoffs but would love to be wrong about that.

The Chiefs haven’t been able to stop the run for years, but it hasn’t mattered.

If stopping the run were so crucial, KC would get destroyed every time they play Jackson and the Ravens. Yet they’re 3-0. Also beat Henry’s Titans comfortably in last year’s playoffs and a running juggernaut in the SB.

Henry had a monster game vs Jags. Over 200 yards. Cook had over 100 vs the #1 rush defense, Tampa Bay.

Henry will win the rushing title barring injury. Over 1,500 yards. Cook #2 at over 1,300 yards. James Robinson is a distant 3rd 300 yards behind Cook at about 1,000.

Chubb is at 880+. Really no argument this season. Henry and Cook the best.

Chubb missed some time and also splits carries with arguably the best backup in the league in Kareem Hunt.

I don’t personally think Chubb is as good as Henry or cook, but he’s a damn good RB. Jacobs at LV has been good as well.

But your right, this year it’s def Henry then cook at 1-2.

ADVERTISEMENT