ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 2021 NFL season general discussion thread

Well, for starters, KC had a first down at the 1, with a chance to go up 18 and basically put the game out of reach, and they came away with zero points due to blunders by Reid/Mahomes.
Okie, doke.....That seems more like stupidity on one teams part----not someone being lucky...

The hate here is deeeeep.....

Go , Bengals.

Okie, doke.....That seems more like stupidity on one teams part----not someone being lucky...

The hate here is deeeeep.....

Go , Bengals.
I think anyone would feel fortunate if the opponent came away scoreless in that situation. Especially when the opponent has Mahomes at QB and Reid calling plays.

I think anyone would feel fortunate if the opponent came away scoreless in that situation. Especially when the opponent has Mahomes at QB and Reid calling plays.
Want to talk abut breaks, luck----that call was a fukin joke. And is probably gonna lead to a Rams win.

Think the Bengals fans from Kentucky have any opinions on the officiating? 🤣
I mean it was a clean game, for the most part....But they let them play a lot. That call though....Thats tough. But Bengals had a chance. Terrible play call on 2nd and 1....

Two great plays to get around the 50.....At that point, you have to start thinkng---FG.....When its 2nd and 1, you jhave to think----first down----Not a God damn hail fukin mary, type of shit...

Terrible play calling

Well, they did take a TD off the board too. It’s not like every call benefited LA. But it wouldn’t be the first occurrence of shady officiating in the NFL.

Well, they did take a TD off the board too. It’s not like every call benefited LA. But it wouldn’t be the first occurrence of shady officiating in the NFL.
I thought they(officials) asides from the face mask, and the hold(ramsey), did just fine---they let them play---especially the secondary. Thats what bugs me about that holding call----it was really, really weak. And had a huge impact. But so did the other two non-calls.

NFL and NBA officials are horendous...Want to talk about inconsistency? Look no further than those two leagues.

I wll say though, had OBJ not gotten injured, I do think the Rams run away with the game....Bengals had no answer for him AND Kupp.

Reactions: bignish and tw3301
I must have missed this???

Right after the holding call, Stafford threw a TD but they called offsetting penalties.

Totally forgot about the non-call early in the half. That directly allowed a long TD reception that shouldn’t have happened. Bengals probably wouldn’t have even had a late lead if that were called, and it was blatant.

Overall, they don’t have much of a gripe.

I’m just tired of hearing about how awesome Burrow is after his defense won every playoff game for him. Sick of the media trying to anoint every QB that shows some potential as the next Montana.

Reactions: tw3301
Right after the holding call, Stafford threw a TD but they called offsetting penalties.

Totally forgot about the non-call early in the half. That directly allowed a long TD reception that shouldn’t have happened. Bengals probably wouldn’t have even had a late lead if that were called, and it was blatant.

Overall, they don’t have much of a gripe.
Rams actually got a break,here.....They were called for holding----which obviously woould have not only wiped off the TD,but cost them 10 yards as well....

I don't think either team has a gripe, TBH.....Only "gripe" I could see coming from Bengal fans is how weak the holding call was on that 3rd down play......For as physical as they let both secondary's play, that was a pretty weak call.

Face mask not called allowed for 75 yard TD.....So Bengals probably don't have the lead late---but game at worse is tied.....

Overall, best team won, IMO. Especially had OBJ not been injured.

I’m just tired of hearing about how awesome Burrow is after his defense won every playoff game for him. Sick of the media trying to anoint every QB that shows some potential as the next Montana.
Meh----Burrow is pretty damn good/solid, and poised. Yeah the "D"was the catalyst---but Burrow made some big time plays/throws in AFC title game, and tonight. Dude is tough.

Meh----Burrow is pretty damn good/solid, and poised. Yeah the "D"was the catalyst---but Burrow made some big time plays/throws in AFC title game, and tonight. Dude is tough.
Yeah, but that’s the thing. They don’t ever just leave it at “he’s pretty good.” Everybody who has a couple good games in this league starts drawing comparisons to all-time greats.

Every school around here has cancelled Monday except mine. They were going to cancel but the teachers raised some issue about whether it would be a day they would have to make up, etc. ****ing teachers are the biggest bitches on planet earth.
Where is "around here"? You in Cincy? I have a lot of friends that are teachers in Cincy and NKY. From what I understand most of the schools are exchanging an off day tomorrow with an in-service day in March.

036481-E8-5-B71-4-DA7-B467-72-D75-EF2-E6-CC.jpg

Disappointed the Bengals couldn't bring it home, but everything past the Raiders was icing on the cake for them this season. Shouldn't have beat Tennessee, shouldn't have beat Kansas City. But what a memorable year for Bengals fans. I know my dad enjoyed the ride quite a bit, we watched every game of theirs together.

They fix that offensive line and they will be a threat in the AFC for the next ten seasons.

Now we have to wait another 6 and a half months before football starts back up and counts again. Fvcking sucks. Football season is my favorite. Thank god for CBB and NBA playoffs. Oh, and golf :)

Reactions: tw3301
Disappointed the Bengals couldn't bring it home, but everything paste the Raiders was icing on the cake for them this season. Shouldn't have beat Tennessee, shouldn't have beat Kansas City. But what a memorable year for Bengals fans. I know my dad enjoyed the ride quite a bit, we watched every game of theirs together.

They fix that offensive line and they will be a threat in the AFC for the next ten seasons.
Bengals are 4th in total cap space. They will have plenty of money to spend so there will be no excuses for not fixing the glaring issues. They better be spending early draft picks on OL and picking up some key pieces in free agency too. Also need some upgrades on defense. Gotta re-sign key free agents, especially Bates, but let shitty players like Apple walk and get some real hawks in the secondary. Also love Uzomah but he's a free agent and an upgrade at TE would be nice. Sample is a bust. In years past nobody wanted to come to Cincinnati as a free agent, but that isn't the case anymore. The resources will be there but the Bengals have never been known for spending money, so we'll see...

Bengals are 4th in total cap space. They will have plenty of money to spend so there will be no excuses for not fixing the glaring issues. They better be spending early draft picks on OL and picking up some key pieces in free agency too. Also need some upgrades on defense. Gotta re-sign key free agents, especially Bates, but let shitty players like Apple walk and get some real hawks in the secondary. Also love Uzomah but he's a free agent and an upgrade at TE would be nice. Sample is a bust. In years past nobody wanted to come to Cincinnati as a free agent, but that isn't the case anymore. The resources will be there but the Bengals have never been known for spending money, so we'll see...
My dad for years has talked shit about Mike Brown being a cheap owner. I didn't realize it was that known of a thing until I hear a few guys from Fox sports talk about how he's been the cheapest owner in professional sports, not just pro football. But I do agree, people are going to want to play with Joe Burrow.

ADVERTISEMENT