ADVERTISEMENT

OT 2020 NFL general discussion thread.

Lol no just stop. You do realize Lamar has more passing yards this year than Baker. Lamar has a TD-Int ratio of 14-5, Baker this year is 15-7. Career it’s LJ 56-14, Baker 64-42. Just stop it’s a bad take.
do you even know what a game manager is (most of his critics don't seem to, so no shame if you don't). It's a fine take and not even debatable. LJ has a whopping 56 more yards this year and has 3000 LESS yards in his career. also has an elite D to help him out. IF either of them is a game manager it's more LJ than Baker.

The fact Baker throws a number of INTs kind of means he is NOT a game manager, as well. In fact, if he has an issue in this offense it will be because he is NOT a game manager.

Are you just messing with me?

are you aware Chubb was out from early in week 4 to yesterday and Hunt has been hobbled with issue with his ribs? D is 20th in PPG and that was with last 2 games played in a wind/rain storm.

Line is solid, and isn't to say I'm sold on baker as longterm solution. Kid still needs to improve in some areas but many of his critics (not saying you) wont be sold on him until he plays well and they beat 4-5 elite teams in a row.

I mean, what I said earlier was not really debatable. There are QBs many seem to like and the issues they have (same as baker) get overlooked. LJ really is a game manager often saved by an actual good D. Allen struggles against good teams, as well. all that said, if I could pick my QB from 2018 draft I think I take Allen.
I have my questions about Lamar too. I’m just not high on your guy like you seem to be. Which is cool, I defended Cam until I was blue in my face, when he didn’t deserve it, too. I have nothing against Baker, he’s a likable guy imo. So far he hasn’t warranted his draft pick

Reactions: dtgold88
I have my questions about Lamar too. I’m just not high on your guy like you seem to be. Which is cool, I defended Cam until I was blue in my face, when he didn’t deserve it, too. I have nothing against Baker, he’s a likable guy imo. So far he hasn’t warranted his draft pick
How high am I on him? said I'd take allen over him. also said I'm not sold he can be the QB of the future. But it's absurd to write him off after half a season in this offense as some want to do and to rip him for everything the team does wrong but never credit him when he plays well (not saying that's you but some do this).

as for where he was picked I don't really care. If he can be a top 10-12 QB in this league I'll take it. Plenty of #1 picks have done far worse.

How high am I on him? said I'd take allen over him. also said I'm not sold he can be the QB of the future. But it's absurd to write him off after half a season in this offense as some want to do and to rip him for everything the team does wrong but never credit him when he plays well (not saying that's you but some do this).
Not writing him off. Not giving him a pass either when he plays bad. Maybe you aren’t very high on him, and I agree way to early to write him off. Just need to see more.

do you even know what a game manager is (most of his critics don't seem to, so no shame if you don't). It's a fine take and not even debatable. LJ has a whopping 56 more yards this year and has 3000 LESS yards in his career. also has an elite D to help him out. IF either of them is a game manager it's more LJ than Baker.

The fact Baker throws a number of INTs kind of means he is NOT a game manager, as well. In fact, if he has an issue in this offense it will be because he is NOT a game manager.

Are you just messing with me?
Yea I’ve seen my team win a Super Bowl with a game manager, I kinda know what it is. Throwing a lot of picks doesn’t mean you’re not a game manager, you could be a shitty game manager, which Baker is. You would think you would be used to that being a Browns fan.

As bad as Lamar has been this year, Baker is not on the same tier as Lamar. He’s not end of discussion. You can bring up career yards all you want, idc. It’s the only stat he’s better in.

Not writing him off. Not giving him a pass either when he plays bad. Maybe you aren’t very high on him, and I agree way to early to write him off. Just need to see more.
Me, too. will say I'm glad he improved the one area that would be the easiest....his off field attitude. Hasn't said anything that I've questioned. so far.

Yea I’ve seen my team win a Super Bowl with a game manager, I kinda know what it is. Throwing a lot of picks doesn’t mean you’re not a game manager, you could be a shitty game manager, which Baker is. You would think you would be used to that being a Browns fan.

As bad as Lamar has been this year, Baker is not on the same tier as Lamar. He’s not end of discussion. You can bring up career yards all you want, idc. It’s the only stat he’s better in.
I never said Baker was better than Lamar and that seems to be what has you so bent out of shape. And, yes, he is on the "same tier" as Lamar this year. LJ has about 50 more yards. Both have 6 wins and haven't beaten many good teams. LJ has an elite D to help him. Baker's team has a pretty bad defense.

Was funny you pointed out INTs to show he was a game manager. Why it's clear it's been a while since Dilfer and you forgot what one is supposed to do. Been times he needed to be a game manager and take what was given but because that's not always him he took a risk and got picked.

I never said Baker was better than Lamar and that seems to be what has you so bent out of shape. And, yes, he is on the "same tier" as Lamar this year. LJ has about 50 more yards. Both have 6 wins and haven't beaten many good teams. LJ has an elite D to help him. Baker's team has a pretty bad defense.

Was funny you pointed out INTs to show he was a game manager. Why it's clear it's been a while since Dilfer and you forgot what one is supposed to do. Been times he needed to be a game manager and take what was given but because that's not always him he took a risk and got picked.
Where are you getting your stats from? He doesn't have 50 more yards. Learn to do basic math. Ravens defense is better, but Baker has more offensive weapons. You can't argue that. I'm done arguing though, and I don't know why I do it. There is no benefit to me to argue with rehtards.

Where are you getting your stats from? He doesn't have 50 more yards. Learn to do basic math. Ravens defense is better, but Baker has more offensive weapons. You can't argue that. I'm done arguing though, and I don't know why I do it. There is no benefit to me to argue with rehtards.
My bad. Made a mistake and like an adult I'll own it. LJ has a whopping 116 more yards than Baker on the season.

Guessing reason you are done arguing is you realized you are either clueless on what a game manager is, are irrational and irrational people will NOT own up to mistakes, or both. Guessing both. I have to laugh one more time because you used INTs to prove someone was a game manager. Priceless.

Last edited:
are you aware Chubb was out from early in week 4 to yesterday and Hunt has been hobbled with issue with his ribs? D is 20th in PPG and that was with last 2 games played in a wind/rain storm.

Line is solid, and isn't to say I'm sold on baker as longterm solution. Kid still needs to improve in some areas but many of his critics (not saying you) wont be sold on him until he plays well and they beat 4-5 elite teams in a row.

I mean, what I said earlier was not really debatable. There are QBs many seem to like and the issues they have (same as baker) get overlooked. LJ really is a game manager often saved by an actual good D. Allen struggles against good teams, as well. all that said, if I could pick my QB from 2018 draft I think I take Allen.

Disagree that Baker would have to beat 4 or 5 elite teams in a row to get respect. But not losing to all of them by 40 points would help. Also wouldn't hurt to average more than 182 yds/game in an era in which seemingly everybody throws for 300 every Sunday.

Disagree that Baker would have to beat 4 or 5 elite teams in a row to get respect. But not losing to all of them by 40 points would help. Also wouldn't hurt to average more than 182 yds/game in an era in which seemingly everybody throws for 300 every Sunday.
Lost to a whopping 2 of them by about 30 points. D didn't play well in those games either. Also beat Bmore last season and in rookie year. Does that count? Averaged way more than 182 last year when they were losing. Should they change the gameplan so they can fall behind and he can put up fantasy stats in futile comeback attempts....like Dak was doing this year and Cousins has made a career of doing?

Lost to a whopping 2 of them by about 30 points. D didn't play well in those games either. Also beat Bmore last season and in rookie year. Does that count? Averaged way more than 182 last year when they were losing. Should they change the gameplan so they can fall behind and he can put up fantasy stats in futile comeback attempts....like Dak was doing this year and Cousins has made a career of doing?

119 yds in a loss to Pitt. 189 in a loss to Baltimore. 122 vs a horrible Raiders defense in a loss.

And Cousins isn't exactly highly praised.

119 yds in a loss to Pitt. 189 in a loss to Baltimore. 122 vs a horrible Raiders defense in a loss.

And Cousins isn't exactly highly praised.
yeah, I get it. Entire team played poorly against Bmore and steelers who are pretty good at defense. did ya notice there was a bit of wind when they played the Raiders? Just like yesterday when neither Baker nor Watson threw for many yards (Baker, of course, had better yards/pass and won).

In 3 of the 4 previous games against Bmore he went for 342, 376 and 342 again. 2 of 3 were wins. Do those count or nah? Also went for 397 against Houston in a futile comeback attempt as a rookie. I'd rather have less yards and win, but that's me.

LJ went for 97 in loss this year and has been under 210 in every game but 2. He was under 170 six times last year.....won them all. He must suck, huh?

Figure I should point out last comment was sarcasm so you don't get bent out of shape. LJ earned that MVP last year as most deserving IMO.

yeah, I get it. Entire team played poorly against Bmore and steelers who are pretty good at defense. did ya notice there was a bit of wind when they played the Raiders? Just like yesterday when neither Baker nor Watson threw for many yards (Baker, of course, had better yards/pass and won).

In 3 of the 4 previous games against Bmore he went for 342, 376 and 342 again. 2 of 3 were wins. Do those count or nah? Also went for 397 against Houston in a futile comeback attempt as a rookie. I'd rather have less yards and win, but that's me.

LJ went for 97 in loss this year and has been under 210 in every game but 2. He was under 170 six times last year.....won them all. He must suck, huh?

Figure I should point out last comment was sarcasm so you don't get bent out of shape. LJ earned that MVP last year as most deserving IMO.

And where exactly do you think Lamar ranks in the NFL in passing ability?

The point here isn't to say that Mayfield is awful. The point is that it's pretty obvious why people would be underwhelmed by him.

And where exactly do you think Lamar ranks in the NFL in passing ability?

The point here isn't to say that Mayfield is awful. The point is that it's pretty obvious why people would be underwhelmed by him.
I think LJ is middle of the road in passing ability. But despite coming back to earth this season his legs still keep him as a QB you need to fear.

I could see why people would not be sold yet on Baker as a franchise guy. Hell, I'm not there yet....would like to see him in this offense for the entire year (2 years in an offense for him might be nice, too, as we haven't seen it). My only issue is with the many fans who like to blame him for everything that goes wrong, never give him credit when he plays well, and even look for reasons to rip the kid when his team wins. and the majority of these fans are those who made their minds up before ever seeing him take a snap in the NFL or just don't like him...or both.

Truth be told, I did not like him much before this season (even after his rookie year). Wanted him to shut up and play. at the very least I do think he's grown up in this area.

Reactions: ExitFlagger
I think LJ is middle of the road in passing ability. But despite coming back to earth this season his legs still keep him as a QB you need to fear.

I could see why people would not be sold yet on Baker as a franchise guy. Hell, I'm not there yet....would like to see him in this offense for the entire year (2 years in an offense for him might be nice, too, as we haven't seen it). My only issue is with the many fans who like to blame him for everything that goes wrong, never give him credit when he plays well, and even look for reasons to rip the kid when his team wins. and the majority of these fans are those who made their minds up before ever seeing him take a snap in the NFL or just don't like him...or both.

Truth be told, I did not like him much before this season (even after his rookie year). Wanted him to shut up and play. at the very least I do think he's grown up in this area.

Honestly, I think Lamar ranks pretty low in passing ability. There are a lot of quality passers right now.

Wilson, Mahomes, Ben, Brees, Brady, Watson, Allen, Ryan, Herbert, Goff, Stafford, Rodgers, Carr, Prescott, Tua/Fitz, Tannehill, Murray, Burrow, Rivers, Wentz...I mean, hell, how many teams don't have a quality passer right now?

His running ability makes him a strong player overall, but if he were consistently playing from behind, it wouldn't be pretty.

Vikings have/had issues on defense.

Some of their fans were being...NFL fans and complaining about Mike Zimmer and Cousins

Cousins is a decent QB. Not elite enough to carry them when their defense goes to shit
Especially considering they traded Diggs

Somehow the Vikings will be the Vikings and end up a decent team

They are a well ran organization. Draft very well.

Liked the fact they went with the bEast Texas Cornerbacks

Jeff Gladney and Kris Boyd

Their young defense is looking a lot better.

Honestly, I think Lamar ranks pretty low in passing ability. There are a lot of quality passers right now.

Wilson, Mahomes, Ben, Brees, Brady, Watson, Allen, Ryan, Herbert, Goff, Stafford, Rodgers, Carr, Prescott, Tua/Fitz, Tannehill, Murray, Burrow, Rivers, Wentz...I mean, hell, how many teams don't have a quality passer right now?

His running ability makes him a strong player overall, but if he were consistently playing from behind, it wouldn't be pretty.
some fans can be too prisoner of the moment (not saying you). Look at those jumping on the bandwagon of Herbert, Allen and Burrow as the next of the greats. Might they be? Sure.....but was a time some had Wentz fitted for a HOF jacket (and, yeah, probably too early to close the book on him, too). Baker looked pretty damn promising coming off his rookie season then teams figured him some out and he was sidetracked by worst coach ever. LJ certainly deserved that MVP but he's come back down to Earth.

And look how Tannehill went the other way.

JFC, Colts are imploding....19 million fukin holding calls...This one should be over.

And now this shit with alleged fumble., on a pass.

Why pass the damn ball, anyways.

JFC, Colts are imploding....19 million fukin holding calls...This one should be over.

And now this shit with alleged fumble., on a pass.

Why pass the damn ball, anyways.

Knew that would get overturned.

But now you have to keep one of the best QBs ever from getting into FG range:

LMAO----Have them pinned inside the 10....Rogers throw a fukin hail mary, that dude runs under...

JFC.

I don’t know how that one dropped in there. Rodgers pulls that stuff out of his ass all the time though.
Choke job....Had the game won. Way to many penalties...Never seen so many holding penalties in my life....

Choke job....Had the game won. Way to many penalties...Never seen so many holding penalties in my life....

Didn’t see that, but when holding calls pile up, I get a little suspicious. You can find holding on nearly any play in an NFL game. If it gets one-sided, especially at the end of the game, it’s suspect.

Didn’t see that, but when holding calls pile up, I get a little suspicious. You can find holding on nearly any play in an NFL game. If it gets one-sided, especially at the end of the game, it’s suspect.
They had FIVE on one drive...at the end. Its why GB got the ball back. I mean they were holds. But I mean, as you say---dude, you could call a hold every play. And for a short time---they did. 🤣

They've got a HOF QB playing at an MVP-level. That alone makes it very iffy.
tenor.gif

Never a doubt.... 🙄

Reactions: ExitFlagger
We choked in the end.

MVS is the most frustrating player I can ever remember. Catches crazy bombs, drops 2 yard slants, and carries the ball like a effin loaf of bread.

we deserved to lose, fumbles kickoff, fumble in overtime, blown 21 pt lead. Tried to get cute with playaction on 4th and 1 smdh. Stupid stupid stupid. We can’t beat a team with a pulse, just scrubs.

Reactions: IUfanBorden
We choked in the end.

MVS is the most frustrating player I can ever remember. Catches crazy bombs, drops 2 yard slants, and carries the ball like a effin loaf of bread.

we deserved to lose, fumbles kickoff, fumble in overtime, blown 21 pt lead. Tried to get cute with playaction on 4th and 1 smdh. Stupid stupid stupid. We can’t beat a team with a pulse, just scrubs.
TBH, not sure either team deserved to win....Both were shit....Fukin 18 holds on one drive. I was like, fukin really?

That PA though, on 4th and 1? Yikes....

Kiss my ass, Gruden.

A little defense would have been nice, but I’ll take it.

TBH, not sure either team deserved to win....Both were shit....Fukin 18 holds on one drive. I was like, fukin really?

That PA though, on 4th and 1? Yikes....

man I know. Cocky ass Rodgers and lafluer were going for 6 that play.

And yes those holds were soooo stupid, but I’ve never seen that many get called on one sequence like that, crazy. Like y’all really didn’t even need another first down, y’all could have ran the clock super low and kicked a fg, just needed to keep the clock running.

regardless congrats on the win.

Reactions: IUfanBorden

what the hell is going on with the Ravens? Teams figured them out....just not playing well.........both?

Defense has some injuries and yes nfl teams are adjusting to their offensive style and they have no great receivers to utilize when ppl stack the box.

what the hell is going on with the Ravens? Teams figured them out....just not playing well.........both?

Bmore would be the one to ask, but I know they lost a pretty important O-lineman and their line in general hasn't been as strong as last year.

They're a bit of a one trick pony, and that usually only works so long in the NFL. But I don't think they've fallen off a cliff or anything.

They were also missing their best DT as well as Calais cambell on D. The DT is their main run stuffer as well, I think read a crazy stat like they give up over 3 more yards per rush when he’s not on the field.

Ravens bitten extremely hard by injury bug this season - but no excuses- had double digit leads at home vs Steelers and Titans and blew both of those games.

Bmore would be the one to ask, but I know they lost a pretty important O-lineman and their line in general hasn't been as strong as last year.

They're a bit of a one trick pony, and that usually only works so long in the NFL. But I don't think they've fallen off a cliff or anything.
I wouldn't say fallen off a cliff as still 6-4. But as I said - and it's been enhanced - the issues some fans have with the Browns/Baker, the same is true in Bmore. Not beating good teams, LJ just a game manager (and he actually is when it comes to passing), etc......but I really like Harbaugh as a coach and his teams have been known to turn things around as the season goes along.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT