ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 2022 NFL general discussion thread

Very weak....Not a single holding call all night....

And then that----with less than 2 to play?

Wow. Ended the game.
movies-robin-hood-men-in-tights.gif

I don’t like the call, but let’s not forget that they overturned a KC TD. Very questionable. The completion to Goedert that was challenged was a very questionable call too. There was also a blatant DPI that wasn’t called. All three had a massive impact on the game.

I don’t like the call, but let’s not forget that they overturned a KC TD. Very questionable. The completion to Goedert that was challenged was a very questionable call too. There was also a blatant DPI that wasn’t called. All three had a massive impact on the game.
Called a "buddy" who's an NFL official. His respnse...

When a receiver comes out of his break, you cannot hold, grab---its simply autimatic. What you do there is push him...." Its legal contact.

Oh......

Reactions: ExitFlagger
Horrible. They did a great job all game by letting them play and then called that ticky tack shit at the end
I agree....Even with what my buddy said......Ya just let'em play. It was weak as ****.

Maybe, but why do people ignore crucial calls that went the other way? The overturned fumble alone was a 10 point swing.
Exactly what is a catch? Week 1, that is a catch----Week 6 its not. Wild Card game---its a catch.

I mean that would be easier to argue if any of us, including the NFL, knew just WTF a catch was.

Reactions: ExitFlagger
Exactly what is a catch? Week 1, that is a catch----Week 6 its not. Wild Card game---its a catch.

I mean that would be easier to argue if any of us, including the NFL, knew just WTF a catch was.

Exactly. I'm not sure anyone, including NFL refs, knows what a catch is. I could see that call going either way, but the issue is that the call on the field was a catch/fumble/TD. For them to overturn it, there has to be undeniable proof that it was the wrong call.

Reactions: IUfanBorden
My complaint is the timing of the call, they didn't need to call it but it is what it is.

I'm still burt hurt over the AFC championship refs, not the late hit at the end (that has to be called) but the missed roughing the passer on Burrow, the spotting the ball 2 yards behind where they should have multiple times and the blatantly ******ed free play that still doesn't make sense, and the obvious block in the back on that final punt return that wasn't called. All of those change the game but man we need our offensive line to stay healthy next year, Burrow gets time and I think we are back in the AFC championship again next year.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
I'm still burt hurt over the AFC championship refs, not the late hit at the end (that has to be called) but the missed roughing the passer on Burrow, the spotting the ball 2 yards behind where they should have multiple times and the blatantly ******ed free play that still doesn't make sense, and the obvious block in the back on that final punt return that wasn't called. All of those change the game but man we need our offensive line to stay healthy next year, Burrow gets time and I think we are back in the AFC championship again next year.

I’ve seen people talking about it, but I don’t remember any blatant late hits on Burrow. The free play was weird, but it didn’t matter because KC did nothing with it and punted after the next down anyway.

The thing is, both sides can do this. KC had a TD wiped off the board and an INT negated. The refs were also allowing Chris Jones to be held all day, and they called unsportsmanlike for chirping between players (that definitely never happens on a football field).

The DPI call was definitely legit, and the hold that erased the TD (while a little weak) was probably legit too. But I think most people admit that the roughness call was also legit (he was a full yard out of bounds). Their issue was with the timing of the call. But the timing of those calls against the Chiefs was brutal too. You could call a ticky tack hold on practically any play, and you call it on a TD?

Frankly, I think the Bengals had a golden opportunity. KC was down 4 of their top 5 WRs, from a receiving corps that isn’t great at full strength. They were also down their top corner and Mahomes was hobbled. Cincinnati probably should have had the game in hand before the late hit. I realize they had injuries on the OL, but they dominated Buffalo a weak earlier with the same crew.

I think Cincinnati will be in the race for years, but it’s going to get a little harder now that they have to start paying their stars.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT