ADVERTISEMENT

OT 2020 NFL general discussion thread.

Your facts are he did great with the best rosters in the NFL for a season and a half RollLaugh why didn’t those other teams stick with him? Even the Jets didn’t want him!

He tore his acl/mcl and dislocated his kneecap in the same injury. I’m pretty sure I’ve mentioned that. He had to prove he could stay healthy to some degree. You don’t think Minnesota would love to have him for cheap as opposed to paying Cousins like he was the goat. Or the jets instead of drafting darnold and now probably having to draft another qb and start their rebuild again.

Reactions: dtgold88
dalvin cook is a problem, that’s for sure. No one will want to see Minn in the playoffs, mainly bc he can beat you by himself.

dalvin cook is a problem, that’s for sure. No one will want to see Minn in the playoffs, mainly bc he can beat you by himself.

Yeah Cook is just on another level right now. 860 yards and 11 TDs in 7 games so far? Damn.

I’m proud of myself for cursing Tampa Bay.

Stick a fork in Brady.

Actually, I forgot...ESPN cursed them. There was a recent article that claimed that they’re the best team in the NFL by a mile. RollLaugh

EmWqrXTXcAES4UT

It's still an uphill climb in order to make the playoffs. Next Monday @ Chicago is pretty much a must win. After that, we got the Cowboys, Panthers and Jaguars.

It's still an uphill climb in order to make the playoffs. Next Monday @ Chicago is pretty much a must win. After that, we got the Cowboys, Panthers and Jaguars.

With the playoffs expanded, and the nfc East being soooo pitiful, I think the Vikings have a very good chance to make the playoffs.

Agree y’all need to beat the bears, but not exactly and impossible feat. Then the next three should be wins as well imo.

Reactions: Deathclutch
Is the NFL trying to actively sabotage its product? The black head coach/gm rule has got to be one of the worst rules they have ever implemented.

Is the NFL trying to actively sabotage its product? The black head coach/gm rule has got to be one of the worst rules they have ever implemented.

No lie. If was in the AFC, especially the AFC west, no way in hell do I even interview Bienemy. Not because he isn’t qualified, but because I don’t want to give KC extra picks.

This has to hurt black coaches at some point. They might as well assign a draft pick with hiring a minority head coach. Which as crazy as that seems, is probably what they wanted with this rule but quickly realized it would be a PR nightmare everytime a coaching hire was made anywhere.

Reactions: bMORE607
I don't know why I punish myself by watching this shit product. Not just because the 49ers suck donkey dick. But I don't know how many more clean tackles I can handle seeing be called roughing the passer. Every team is allowed hold on every single play. It is a clear and obvious ploy to make the offense the focal point of the game. Which we all want, but we want it naturally, not manufactured by rule changes.

Colts could legit run the table:

Vs Packers(7-2)
Vs Titans(weird to play them so quickly again)
@ Texans(2-7)
@ Raiders(6-3)
Vs Texans---Again, is this normal to play a team so quickly?
@ Steelers(9-0)
Vs Jags(1-8)

BOLD GAMES are iffy, Not sure we win @ Pitt...And Raiders are playing good ball.

Colts could legit run the table:

Vs Packers(7-2)
Vs Titans(weird to play them so quickly again)
@ Texans(2-7)
@ Raiders(6-3)
Vs Texans---Again, is this normal to play a team so quickly?
@ Steelers(9-0)
Vs Jags(1-8)

BOLD GAMES are iffy, Not sure we win @ Pitt...And Raiders are playing good ball.
The packers aren’t under iffy?

The packers aren’t under iffy?
I'm not sold on them...Just not as impressed with them, even at 7-2. Maybe b/c the only two games I saw them play,they lost----Getitng rolled by the Bucs. Plus, game is at home(Indy). I know, no fans, are very little...But still, outside in GB, in Nov, compared to inside, makes adifference.

Could be wrong, here.

I'm not sold on them...Just not as impressed with them, even at 7-2. Maybe b/c the only two games I saw them play,they lost----Getitng rolled by the Bucs. Plus, game is at home(Indy). I know, no fans, are very little...But still, outside in GB, in Nov, compared to inside, makes adifference.

Could be wrong, here.

They've got a HOF QB playing at an MVP-level. That alone makes it very iffy.

Big game tonight for the Vikes, if they want to make a playoff charge. Yesterday didn't go so well with LA and Arizona both winning though.

Also, forgot that Cousins is 0-9 in MNF games. :eek:

Can he pick up his first win under the spotlight?

Idk what we did to him but we want him to be more of a pocket passer and it’s hurting his progression, plus our line sucks. Out LT is out for the year and last night we had a RG playing RT.
It’s kinda nuts he came out publicly and said they were being too predictive. It kinda seems like the Ravens are stuck between “we do what we do and you can’t stop it” and “we have to elevate Lamar as a passer because what we do isn’t working”

The talent is obviously still there on the team. You guys can turn it around. As of now though, I don’t see you guys beating Kansas City or Pittsburg in the post season

Idk what we did to him but we want him to be more of a pocket passer and it’s hurting his progression, plus our line sucks. Out LT is out for the year and last night we had a RG playing RT.
I'm not writing him off but many of the complaints about Baker seem to be true of LJ this year.....game manager, cannot beat good teams, for example.

And as much crap as baker gets he has the same number of wins as Herbert, Burrow, Wentz, Watson and Darnold COMBINED. Go figure.

It’s kinda nuts he came out publicly and said they were being too predictive. It kinda seems like the Ravens are stuck between “we do what we do and you can’t stop it” and “we have to elevate Lamar as a passer because what we do isn’t working”

The talent is obviously still there on the team. You guys can turn it around. As of now though, I don’t see you guys beating Kansas City or Pittsburg in the post season
We could beat Pittsburgh before our injuries. Pittsburgh isn't as good as their record indicates.

I'm not writing him off but many of the complaints about Baker seem to be true of LJ this year.....game manager, cannot beat good teams, for example.

And as much crap as baker gets he has the same number of wins as Herbert, Burrow, Wentz, Watson and Darnold COMBINED. Go figure.
Cleveland also has twice the run game and probably defense as well. Your team is loaded. I honestly think Baker is one of the weakest links

Baker isn't on the same tier as LJ, even with his slide in production. Nobody is labeling Lamar a game manager, that's just a bad take. Baker gets crap because he acts like a hot shot when they are beating shitty teams and then complains that the media hates him when he gets his ass spanked by good teams.

I remember when Patrick Queen was a steal. Maybe there’s a reason he wasn’t selected earlier in the draft.
what did he do that has you questioning the pick (only saw end last night).

Cleveland also has twice the run game and probably defense as well. Your team is loaded. I honestly think Baker is one of the weakest links
solid yesterday in a storm, but our defense is beyond awful. In our previous game, also in a storm, Baker was probably our best player. Have you watched us play?

Herbert and Burrow have weapons to compare to what baker has.

Baker isn't on the same tier as LJ, even with his slide in production. Nobody is labeling Lamar a game manager, that's just a bad take. Baker gets crap because he acts like a hot shot when they are beating shitty teams and then complains that the media hates him when he gets his ass spanked by good teams.
Baker gets crap because of a preconceived agenda towards him. He's pretty much done nothing this season for him to be labeled a hotshot. He's been fine in interviews. Like maybe he's grown up.

Not exactly like Bmore has been beating many good teams. Only 2 are Browns and Indy (and the Browns also beat Indy). and you are right, no one is labeling lamar a game manager. That's the point. He's far more a game manager than baker. still under 200 yards/game passing in his career. Often carried by the D this season. Thanks for proving my point.

And, no, I did not say baker is better than LJ as LJ does have an MVP season he earned in the bank. But this season? Each is 6-3....haven't beaten many good teams, but only one of them is helped by an elite defense (not Baker).

solid yesterday in a storm, but our defense is beyond awful. In our previous game, also in a storm, Baker was probably our best player. Have you watched us play?

Herbert and Burrow have weapons to compare to what baker has.
I think you guys are 15th in total defense. So not great but not terrible by any means. Without OBJ, he doesn't have a great list of receiving weapons, but he's probably the only guy in the league with two top ten running backs. I haven't even mentioned a top five offensive line, yet.

I like Baker, I want him to do well. But hes been questionable at times

Baker gets crap because of a preconceived agenda towards him. He's pretty much done nothing this season for him to be labeled a hotshot. He's been fine in interviews. Like maybe he's grown up.

Not exactly like Bmore has been beating many good teams. Only 2 are Browns and Indy (and the Browns also beat Indy). and you are right, no one is labeling lamar a game manager. That's the point. He's far more a game manager than baker. still under 200 yards/game passing in his career. Often carried by the D this season. Thanks for proving my point.

And, no, I did not say baker is better than LJ as LJ does have an MVP season he earned in the bank. But this season? Each is 6-3....haven't beaten many good teams, but only one of them is helped by an elite defense (not Baker).
Lol no just stop. You do realize Lamar has more passing yards this year than Baker. Lamar has a TD-Int ratio of 14-5, Baker this year is 15-7. Career it’s LJ 56-14, Baker 64-42. Just stop it’s a bad take.

I think you guys are 15th in total defense. So not great but not terrible by any means. Without OBJ, he doesn't have a great list of receiving weapons, but he's probably the only guy in the league with two top ten running backs. I haven't even mentioned a top five offensive line, yet.

I like Baker, I want him to do well. But hes been questionable at times
are you aware Chubb was out from early in week 4 to yesterday and Hunt has been hobbled with issue with his ribs? D is 20th in PPG and that was with last 2 games played in a wind/rain storm.

Line is solid, and isn't to say I'm sold on baker as longterm solution. Kid still needs to improve in some areas but many of his critics (not saying you) wont be sold on him until he plays well and they beat 4-5 elite teams in a row.

I mean, what I said earlier was not really debatable. There are QBs many seem to like and the issues they have (same as baker) get overlooked. LJ really is a game manager often saved by an actual good D. Allen struggles against good teams, as well. all that said, if I could pick my QB from 2018 draft I think I take Allen.

ADVERTISEMENT