ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 2022 NFL general discussion thread

GhostOf301

Gold Member
Mar 24, 2020
Couple of weeks away from regular season. How's everyone feeling?

I predict the Bills beat the 49ers in the Super Bowl.

Rams, 49ers, Buccaneers, Packers, Vikings and Eagles with the Saints as the charity team for the NFC

Chiefs, Chargers, Titans, Ravens, Bengals, Bills with the Dolphins as the charity team for the AFC.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
I'm thinking either the Raiders or Broncos slip in ahead of Miami. Or possibly the Colts.

I don't think very highly of Tua.

Couple of weeks away from regular season. How's everyone feeling?

I predict the Bills beat the 49ers in the Super Bowl.

Rams, 49ers, Buccaneers, Packers, Vikings and Eagles with the Saints as the charity team for the NFC

Chiefs, Chargers, Titans, Ravens, Bengals, Bills with the Dolphins as the charity team for the AFC.
You think Lance is good enough to take them to the SB in his first year?

You think Lance is good enough to take them to the SB in his first year?
I'm not hitching my wagon on Lance. He just can't be substantially worse than Garoppolo. I think the Niners will win in the trenches. Their defensive backfield should be improved and with Drake Jackson looking like the real deal, that gives them a formidable DE opposite Bosa which will make the DB's job even easier.

I don't think Lance is going to be an all-star. He just needs to do enough.

Reactions: ExitFlagger
I'm not hitching my wagon on Lance. He just can't be substantially worse than Garoppolo. I think the Niners will win in the trenches. Their defensive backfield should be improved and with Drake Jackson looking like the real deal, that gives them a formidable DE opposite Bosa which will make the DB's job even easier.

I don't think Lance is going to be an all-star. He just needs to do enough.

I don't know enough about their roster to have much of an opinion. Their system will always produce a good running attack, and I'm sure the defense will be pretty solid. But unless they're truly dominant in those areas, I think Lance will have to be an above average passer to get through teams like the Rams, TB and GB.

Reactions: GhostOf301
I don't know enough about their roster to have much of an opinion. Their system will always produce a good running attack, and I'm sure the defense will be pretty solid. But unless they're truly dominant in those areas, I think Lance will have to be an above average passer to get through teams like the Rams, TB and GB.
At the end of the day, it's just a silly prediction. I expect the 49ers to be somewhere between the 3rd and 5th best team in the NFC. I just think their style is better suited for the playoffs than the entire season. I think last year illustrated that.

I know if I were a Bills fan I'd be really, really confident going into this season.

KC’s starting offense scored 3 TDs in 3 drives in preseason, and the starting D forced a punt on every drive. Suck on that.

But seriously, with so many new pieces, I’m waiting before making any strong predictions. I’m pretty confident, but I also think the AFC is loaded. Every team in the AFC West has potential. They could all win big if it comes together. I’m leaning toward Denver finishing last, but I still think they’re a playoff-caliber team.

Buffalo will be tough, and with their schedule, I think they probably have the best shot at the 1 seed. But I could see KC taking it. Or the Chargers. Or Bengals. Or Ravens. Or Titans. Or Raiders. Ah hell, who’m I kidding…Raiders will eventually do Raider things. And the Chargers will have had 32 players on IR by October.

Herbert, Allen, Mahomes, Burrow, Jackson, Wilson, Carr all in the same conference? With pervert Watson joining the party later. Jeez.

Two surprising QB moves for the 49ers. Well, the Garoppolo one isn't that surprising. But restructuring G's contract to keep him on the roster making less than Lance means that they will have a great backup QB for the meantime. It also means his contract won't be as much of a turnoff for a potential trading partner down the road.

The other is Mr Irrelevant. The final pick of the 2022 draft, Brock Purdy out of Iowa State played his way onto the final roster.

I’m ready for football. Hope the Chiefs are ready for this schedule. Holy shit.

2022_Chiefs_Schedule.png

One of the worst gauntlets I’ve seen, on paper. Almost every team is a legit playoff contender, and a lot of them are legit Super Bowl contenders.

Then again, it never works out that way. Probably at least a few of them will fall on their faces.

2022_Chiefs_Schedule.png

One of the worst gauntlets I’ve seen, on paper. Almost every team is a legit playoff contender, and a lot of them are legit Super Bowl contenders.

Then again, it never works out that way. Probably at least a few of them will fall on their faces.
With a team like the Chiefs, competition makes them stronger. I am curious to see how big of an affect not having Hill will have on the offense. The playoffs should be great this year. With the AFC especially, but even on the NFC side.

2022_Chiefs_Schedule.png

With a team like the Chiefs, competition makes them stronger. I am curious to see how big of an affect not having Hill will have on the offense. The playoffs should be great this year. With the AFC especially, but even on the NFC side.

A lot of people are predicting the offense to decline, but I think it’s mostly wishful thinking. Some of the best games of Mahomes’ career were without Hill.

KC won’t be as strong at WR 1, but they’ll be deeper and stronger at the other WR positions. Plus they get Fortson back at TE, and I think the running game will be stronger. I still don’t have a ton of faith in CEH, but he might be the weakest back on the roster. They’re going to give him the opportunity to be the #1 yet again, but I won’t be surprised if one or two of the others supplant him at some point.

They’re going to spread it around and get everybody involved. It will be less predictable than “chuck it to Hill or dump to Kelce.”

Smith-Schuster is one to watch. He’s kind of become an after thought, but he was great in training camp and he’s had a 1400 yd season before. The last few years he was the slot guy in the most predictable offense in the league, with a QB who could no longer get the ball downfield. And one of those years he had Mason Rudolph throwing to him.

I think he can thrive in this offense, but his knee could be an issue.

Trey Sermon is available after being cut by the 49ers in favor of an undrafted Jordan Mason out of Georgia Tech. Last year the 49ers traded up to get Sermon in the 3rd round and lost out to a 6th round RB. He'll probably go somewhere and kill it.

• Haha
Reactions: Kevin Bryan
Predictions:

AFC

Ravens 14-3
Bills 13-4
Chiefs 12-5
Chargers 12-5
Colts 12-5
Bengals 11-6
Raiders 10-7

Broncos, Titans, Patriots and Dolphins all miss the playoffs at 9-8.

NFC

TB 14-3
GB 13-4
Eagles 13-4
Rams 12-5
New Orleans 11-6
Vikings 10-7
SF 10-7

Arizona and Dallas miss the playoffs at 9-8.

AFC Championship: KC/LAC
NFC Championship: Green Bay/Tampa Bay

Last edited:
Predictions:

AFC

Ravens 14-3
Bills 13-4
Chiefs 12-5
Chargers 12-5
Colts 12-5
Bengals 11-6
Raiders 10-7

Broncos, Titans, Patriots and Dolphins all miss the playoffs at 9-8.

NFC

TB 14-3
GB 13-4
Eagles 13-4
Rams 12-5
New Orleans 11-6
Vikings 10-7
SF 10-7

Arizona and Dallas miss the playoffs at 9-8.

AFC Championship: KC/LAC
NFC Championship: Green Bay/Tampa Bay
There's certainly no hiding your raging hardon for the Chiefs and AFC West. 😁

There's certainly no hiding your raging hardon for the Chiefs and AFC West. 😁

Of course I'm biased, but the Chiefs are a few plays away from 4 straight SB appearances. I don't think it's crazy to put them in the AFCC again for the 5th straight year. But winning on the road at Buffalo would definitely be a tough task.

I was going to have Buffalo and KC in the AFCC, but I realized that's not possible based on the seedings I predicted.

I'm thinking either the Raiders or Broncos slip in ahead of Miami. Or possibly the Colts.

I don't think very highly of Tua.
Colts will def win the South. Titans have no weapons and tanny proved in miami hes a disaster without weapons, plus henrys a year older, still a beast but they will have 7-8 man boxes on him all year.

Im a packers fan and im worried. Our defense should be legit but we lack weapons at wr, obv. Wouldnt be suprised to see minny win the north

Colts will def win the South. Titans have no weapons and tanny proved in miami hes a disaster without weapons, plus henrys a year older, still a beast but they will have 7-8 man boxes on him all year.

Yeah, I tend to think the same. I will say, though, that they managed to overcome a ton of injuries to pull the 1 seed last year. And I think they've built a really solid defense. I won't be surprised if they win the division or get a WC, but I'm not predicting it. The AFC is too loaded.

Reactions: Villian07
Im a packers fan and im worried. Our defense should be legit but we lack weapons at wr, obv. Wouldnt be suprised to see minny win the north

Green Bay's offensive system is a pretty well-oiled machine. I don't think they need an elite WR corps to put up solid numbers. And the guys they have aren't too bad.

Watson was a player I had my eye on in the draft. Is he still injured?

Bills and Rams in the Super Bowl. Allen gets it done.

The AFC West this season is probably the toughest division the league has ever seen.
I think the chiefs have the hardest schedule in history

I think the chiefs have the hardest schedule in history

If the Broncos and Raiders live up to their potential, it really is a ridiculous gauntlet. Almost nothing but legit teams. But it usually doesn't play out that way. Last year seemed brutal initially too, and it was tough, but obviously not crippling. Definitely could cost them the 1 seed though. I think Buffalo and Baltimore have a better shot at it.

Green Bay's offensive system is a pretty well-oiled machine. I don't think they need an elite WR corps to put up solid numbers. And the guys they have aren't too bad.

Watson was a player I had my eye on in the draft. Is he still injured?
Not sure on watson, but ive seen too many games where the opposing d would double adams and we would struggle. We werent exactly a well oiled offensive machine when we scored what 13 points in a playoff loss. Also hard to say we dont need an elite wr when weve had one in adams for the past 6-7 years. Idk im skeptical.

Plus alot of the offense was rodgers calling off a run to take the snap and flip it to adams who could usually stiff arm or juke his db en route to 7-8 yards a play.

idk i just see defenses blitzing the shit out of us bc rodgers aint as quick as he once was and he doesnt have that securit blanket in adams where he knows hes just gotta get it up in his direction.

I am very exited about watson and doubs. No clue on watsons injury status, i dont watch much preseason.

Not sure on watson, but ive seen too many games where the opposing d would double adams and we would struggle. We werent exactly a well oiled offensive machine when we scored what 13 points in a playoff loss. Also hard to say we dont need an elite wr when weve had one in adams for the past 6-7 years. Idk im skeptical.

Plus alot of the offense was rodgers calling off a run to take the snap and flip it to adams who could usually stiff arm or juke his db en route to 7-8 yards a play.

idk i just see defenses blitzing the shit out of us bc rodgers aint as quick as he once was and he doesnt have that securit blanket in adams where he knows hes just gotta get it up in his direction.

I am very exited about watson and doubs. No clue on watsons injury status, i dont watch much preseason.

I'm just a believer in that system. Once Rodgers got the hang of it, his numbers went through the roof.

Of course, any system still needs the right horses to function at a high level. I don't necessarily expect them to score 30 ppg, but I think they'll produce enough to have a strong overall team.

Brought to you from the work shitter, my NFL 2022 season predictions.

AFC:

1. Bills
2. Chiefs
3. Colts
4. Bengals

5. Ravens
6. Broncos
7. Chargers

AFC championship is Broncos vs Bills, Buffalo to the Super Bowl.

NFC:

1. Packers
2. Rams
3. Bucs
4. Philly

5. 49ers
6. Vikings
7. Panthers (yup I’m going there)

Rodgers is due, I think he beats the Rams in the NCF title game.

Bills take home the Lombardi

Helluva start to 2022 for Joe Burrow. Two plays. Sack and a pick 6.

Seahawks were up 19-17 on the Broncos late in the 4th quarter. Wilson completes a 9-yard pass to make it a manageable 4th and 5. Ball was caught at the 46-yard line with 1:03 left and 3 timeouts.

Call a quick timeout and try to gain more yards seems like a no-brainer, right? Nope. They decided to milk the clock and call a timeout with 20 seconds left... and go for a 64-yard field goal attempt. WTH?! I don't get it. I know McManus has a good leg and has kicked a 61 yarder before. But, come on. What are the odds an elite kicker makes a 64 yard fg? 10-15% maybe? The odds of gaining 5 yards on 4th down are much greater than kicking a 60+ yard fg. If there were only 4 seconds in the game, I'd say sure. I'll take those 15% odds over a Hail Mary pass. But, there were 63 seconds left on the clock. Dumb, dumb, dumb.

Baltimore is the only team that it would have made sense for them to kick that FG.

Seahawks were up 19-17 on the Broncos late in the 4th quarter. Wilson completes a 9-yard pass to make it a manageable 4th and 5. Ball was caught at the 46-yard line with 1:03 left and 3 timeouts.

Call a quick timeout and try to gain more yards seems like a no-brainer, right? Nope. They decided to milk the clock and call a timeout with 20 seconds left... and go for a 64-yard field goal attempt. WTH?! I don't get it. I know McManus has a good leg and has kicked a 61 yarder before. But, come on. What are the odds an elite kicker makes a 64 yard fg? 10-15% maybe? The odds of gaining 5 yards on 4th down are much greater than kicking a 60+ yard fg. If there were only 4 seconds in the game, I'd say sure. I'll take those 15% odds over a Hail Mary pass. But, there were 63 seconds left on the clock. Dumb, dumb, dumb.
One of the worst coaching decisions I’ve ever seen. You just gave a QB 300 mil guaranteed or whatever, and you’d rather attempt the second-longest FG in history than trust him to pick up 5 yards.

In the postgame, Hackett said that was the “mark they were looking for.” 😆

As a fan of Denver’s biggest rival, last night provided a lot of comedy.

Reactions: dukedevilz
ADVERTISEMENT