ADVERTISEMENT

***Official B1G In-Season Thread***

Finally decided to join the 21st century and get an avatar
giphy.gif

Kofi Cockburn > Everyone

6 double doubles, gang gang

Had we not shit the bed and took care of Maryland, this team would have beaten #3 and #5 consecutively. Oh well. Should be ranked next week.

Ranked? Before last night you were coming off two losses and your best win was Hawaii. Play Old Dominion at home wont carry much weight. This is probably one of the funnier things I’ve read on here. It’s minuscule but funny.

Ranked? Before last night you were coming off two losses and your best win was Hawaii. Play Old Dominion at home wont carry much weight. This is probably one of the funnier things I’ve read on here. It’s minuscule but funny.
I agree. If Purdue and IU aren’t currently ranked (and they’re close) then there’s no way in hell an Illini team should be ranked at this point in time

This is really shows how different the scheme has been for Underwood this year. Completely reworked both sides of the ball.

cXuNnBz.jpg

going from #338 to #3 in any stat in one year is crazy, but the fact that it's a Brad Underwood team and we're talking about defensive FTR is insane to me

Last edited:
Reactions: KisteK
Cockburn has only played organized basketball for 3 years? Wow. Dude is a monster. Love watching him play... Feel bad for the ref that got clocked by him.

It's crazy how many talented bigs there are in the B1G. Cockburn, Wesson, Teske, Jalen Smith, Oturu, TJD, Tillman, Watkins, Haarms, Reuvers.

Reactions: Jaycg15
Sam Vecenie's 2020 big board on The Athletic has the following Big Ten players:

21 Cassius Winston
32 Aaron Henry
35 Ayo Dosunmu
37 Jalen Smith
41 Xavier Tillman
52 Trayce Jackson-Davis
69 Aaron Wiggins
78 Isaiah Livers
80 Daniel Oturu
88 Zavier Simpson

https://theathletic.com/1439499/201...-for-no-1-slows-to-a-crawl/?source=dailyemail

I'm really surprised to see no Lamar Stevens on this list.
I understand Kofi doesn't have much of an outside game, but damn he is a glaring omission. I'm not sure how you watch that Maryland Illinois game and say Jalen is a top 40 guy because he can make the occasion 3 and Kofi isn't even top 100.

A one point loss to the #3 team on the road. And then easily beating the #5 team.

It’s not that funny, Illinois will receive votes for sure

A one point loss to the #3 team on the road. And then easily beating the #5 team.

It’s not that funny, Illinois will receive votes for sure

You said they would be ranked. Its a stupid fvcking comment. Congrats on the win but don't be dumb.

Reactions: SNU0821
He played like shit from my post on haha
That play where he fell down and Giorgi got the ORB was a killer.
This is really shows how different the scheme has been for Underwood this year. Completely reworked both sides of the ball.
That's pretty wild. Did he make any adjustments to the staff to help implement the change? Or was it all him?

Cockburn has only played organized basketball for 3 years? Wow. Dude is a monster. Love watching him play... Feel bad for the ref that got clocked by him.

It's crazy how many talented bigs there are in the B1G. Cockburn, Wesson, Teske, Jalen Smith, Oturu, TJD, Tillman, Watkins, Haarms, Reuvers.
leave it to a cry baby to leave out the BT's leading scorer out of the list of talented Centers, in Garza.

oh thats right he isn't good enough to be in the top 100 let alone top 50.

You said they would be ranked. Its a stupid fvcking comment. Congrats on the win but don't be dumb.

Its not stupid, they’re going to get votes and could be ranked. Not that it matters because it’s December.

But I have a feeling there won’t be many road Ws in the big ten this year at all so this win might not be worth much at the end of the year

Its not stupid, they’re going to get votes and could be ranked. Not that it matters because it’s December.

But I have a feeling there won’t be many road Ws in the big ten this year at all so this win might not be worth much at the end of the year

What would you like to bet they won't be ranked?

Reactions: SNU0821
Pretty sure this is the guy who said Illinois under Groce was on a better projection than Indiana.

Pardon me...what trajectory has Indiana been on?? Did we experience two different timelines? Where is Tom crean?

You guys have missed the last 6 tournaments lol.

Uh yeah we’ve sucked ass for a while. So has Indiana.

Should we talk about all of Purdue’s achievements? Like that one time 40 years ago they made a final four?

Uh yeah we’ve sucked ass for a while. So has Indiana.

Should we talk about all of Purdue’s achievements? Like that one time 40 years ago they made a final four?

Sure we haven’t broken through with a final four but our program has been significantly better the last decade plus.

That play where he fell down and Giorgi got the ORB was a killer.

That's pretty wild. Did he make any adjustments to the staff to help implement the change? Or was it all him?
Both, but his staff adjustment was for other reasons.

ADVERTISEMENT