ADVERTISEMENT

***Official B1G In-Season Thread***

dragonhawk1855

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2018
please pin. with the games starting up in a week may as well get it started.

I’m not gonna lie I love Gil, but im not looking at that title until April, for most of us at least. This one was done right.

Reactions: SNU0821
@denniden @Longstrangetrip please pin this and unpin theboff season thread. Let’s go ladies and gentlemen.
tenor.gif

I’m not gonna lie I love Gil, but im not looking at that title until April, for most of us at least. This one was done right.

Right is subjective.

Rule #324 established a monthly in season thread must be started by a poster on Gil’s ignore list.

Reactions: KisteK
Look this is like, I say this in the most respective manor possible to the Japs, Heroshima, it wasn’t ideal, it wasn’t pretty, but it needed to happen. For all of humanity it needed to happen.

hmmm C Ugundele is AA and has offeres from
Cincinnati
Rutgers
Virginia Tech
Iowa
Rhode Island
+ a total of 14 more offers.
current height and weight 6'11 255 lbs, a better rim protector than Cook, only had 3 offers till Fran offered since then Rutgers, AND 14 more school have offered,

hmmm C Ugundele is AA and has offeres from
Cincinnati
Rutgers
Virginia Tech
Iowa
Rhode Island
+ a total of 14 more offers.
current height and weight 6'11 255 lbs, a better rim protector than Cook, only had 3 offers till Fran offered since then Rutgers, AND 14 more school have offered,
His other offers are teams like Towson, Northeastern, UMBC and Cleveland State.

He’s ranked #299. You are a Big Ten program. Iowa recruiting isn’t going great

Reactions: Jaycg15 and SNU0821
Did you expect anything less?

Just thought we might want to build into that a little. Maybe start with the discussion on how unstoppable Iowa is going to be now that Bohannon is back. But sure, let's go ahead and pump-up a 3-star recruit that plays in a state where UMass and Boston College both passed on him.

Reactions: KisteK and jwardelt
not very good at thread titles but it is time for the in season thread to start. most teams have had 1 secret scrimmage and are about to play there 1 open scrimmage,

for Iowa this will be the 1st time that Jordan will play to see how well he handles the recovery. both in minutes played and the physical contact.

His other offers are teams like Towson, Northeastern, UMBC and Cleveland State.

He’s ranked #299. You are a Big Ten program. Iowa recruiting isn’t going great

HIS top 4 are Iowa, Rutgers, Cincinnati, Virginia Tech and Rhode Island,
ccconference affiliations
Iowa BT
Rutgers BT
Cincinnati AAC #22 Final ranking
VT ACC #16 final ranking
RI Atlantic 10

not your everyday 3* with the offers he has, also the kid is from Europe and has not been in the states but a couple years to get evaluated. saw his videos and he reminds me of Acie Earle in his ability to rebound and block shots.

far more active around the basket than Cook was, plus he has range to 3 which Cook was limited to 5' and maybe 10' at best.
as for rankings those are a fools errand
3* unranked Marble ended up a 1st team All BT player
3* unranked White FR AA and ended up a 1st team All BT
3* by Rivals Uthoff 1st Team All BT and 2nd Team AA
3* unranked Jok 1st Team All BT led the BT in scoring as a SR
3* unranked Jordan 3rd Team All BT as a JR

Fran does a very good job at Identifying talent only to lose them after they blow up,
Tyler Ulis was a unranked 3*, then after blowing up over the summer Kentucky got involved and he got that 5th * and he chose Kentucky. there are others,

Fran was a very good PG himself so I trust his judgement on the guards,
Toussaint was rated the #1 pg in NYC by NYCHoops

Iowa BT
Rutgers BT
VT ACC #16 final ranking
RI Atlantic 10

not your everyday 3* with the offers he has, also the kid is from Europe and has not been in the states but a couple years to get evaluated. saw his videos and he reminds me of Acie Earle in his ability to rebound and block shots.

far more active around the basket than Cook was, plus he has range to 3 which Cook was limited to 5' and maybe 10' at best.

Fran does a very good job at Identifying talent only to lose them after they blow up,
Tyler Ulis was a unranked 3*, then after blowing up over the summer Kentucky got involved and he got that 5th * and he chose Kentucky. there are others,

You must have like 10 of these written up and saved on your computer, purely for the purpose to copy and paste these on this message board.

Last edited:
Iowa BT
Rutgers BT
VT ACC #16 final ranking
RI Atlantic 10

3 stars turning into All Americans happens but it’s rare. You can’t say every 3 star is a good recruit but a 3 star has had a good career before. A majority of the time they don’t.

Recruited in 2010. 9 years ago.
Recruited in 2011. 8 years ago.
Recruited in 2012. 7 years ago.
Recruited in 2013. 6 years ago.
Recruited in 2016. 3 years ago.

You keep using these examples. They're ancient in basketball years. It doesn't mean that any of the guys he's recruiting now are going to pan out.

Here are low-ranked guys he's missed terribly on in the same stretch:
Gabe Olaseni
Josh Oglesby
Kyle Meyer
Patrick Ingram
Dominique Uhl
Brady Ellingson
Trey Dickerson
Christian Williams
Ahmad Wagner
Andrew Fleming
Cordell Pemsl