ADVERTISEMENT

***Official B1G In-Season Thread***

He got fired after 2 B1G titles and 3 sweet 16's. Groce got fired with 1 NCAA tournament win and didn't finish higher than 7th in the conference.

Crean was at Indiana for 10 years and Groce was at IL for 5...

I guess the choke hold is legal these days. Not quite as bad as the Kofi Hammer. That looked like it hurt!
I think the rear naked choke was a point of emphasis this year. The refs noted that it was applied with proper technique and allowed it.

That wasn't an accident. That was a message to every man and woman that officiates our games going forward. No one is safe. He's leading the league in Ref TKO's.

A little humility goes a long way. Our program just went through the worst decade in our history.

I already said we sucked ass all 2010s

It’s the Indiana fan born in 1940 who hasn’t changed his idea of what Indiana basketball is anymore

Reactions: snowsquirrel11
Groce won fewer games each year he was there except his last. You said Groce and Illinois were on a better trajectory. Just own the stupid comments and don't double down.

You’re saying that Indiana with Crean was on a better trajectory than IL with Groce. It’s a stupid point anyway because both coaches got fired for sucking.

But if Indiana trajectory was so great with Crean, he would still be coach.

So what’s your point? Your shitty coach was better than ours? Okay I’m prepared to give you that point if that’s one you really want to win

You’re saying that Indiana with Crean was on a better trajectory than IL with Groce. It’s a stupid point anyway because both coaches got fired for sucking.

But if Indiana trajectory was so great with Crean, he would still be coach.

I didn't say they were on a great trajectory, i merely refuted your statement that Groce at Illinois was on a better trajectory. The fact that Crean got fired doesn't dispute that.

Reactions: HoosierstuckinIowa
Not at all. I'm merely pointing out stupid statements, not making them.

A statement that was probably not even made, and if it was, made 7 years ago.

I guess Indiana’s worst coach is marginally better than Illinois worst coach ? Wow okay, shocking if true. Very impressive

A statement that was probably not even made, and if it was, made 7 years ago.

I guess Indiana’s worst coach is marginally better than Illinois worst coach ? Wow okay, shocking if true. Very impressive

So you've been arguing a statement that you don't even think you made?

So you've been arguing a statement that you don't even think you made?

Im not even sure if I said that no. Sounds like something I might have said though.

It’s just really sad all Indiana has going on is to compare your worst coach with ours and act like it’s some grand feat.

you should hang a banner in assembly hall reading “Tom crean was better than John Groce”

Im not even sure if I said that no. Sounds like something I might have said though.

It’s just really sad all Indiana has going on is to compare your worst coach with ours and act like it’s some grand feat

To be fair, their worst coach at least won a little. Groce was a complete clown show.

Reactions: klize17
He did knock off #1 Indiana though SmokinSmileSmokinSmileSmokinSmile

Groce > Crean confirmed

giphy.gif

It’s just really sad all Indiana has going on is to compare your worst coach with ours and act like it’s some grand feat.

you should hang a banner in assembly hall reading “Tom crean was better than John Groce”

Yikes...

giphy.gif

Reactions: HoosierAlice

I already said you can have the Crean vs Groce title. It clearly means a lot to Indiana.

im not sure of any other fan base that would attempt to argue the coach they fired was better than the coach another team fired. It’s bizarre

giphy.gif

Reactions: klize17 and Da_Bull
Northern Iowa with one win against a P5 team?

88th in KenPom. His rankings are just for shock appeal.

UNC still ranked, after getting absolutely stomped in 3 of their last 4 games? Oregon was their only good win, who themselves have lost 2 of their last 3.

Memphis still ranked for some odd reason. The best thing on their resume, is a loss to Oregon. Seton Hall still ranked, without a single good win. Arizona at 11 and their best win is.... Illinois? Who just beat Michigan, and lost to Maryland.

Reactions: Illinois0
88th in KenPom. His rankings are just for shock appeal.

UNC still ranked, after getting absolutely stomped in 3 of their last 4 games? Oregon was their only good win, who themselves have lost 2 of their last 3.

Memphis still ranked for some odd reason. The best thing on their resume, is a loss to Oregon. Seton Hall still ranked, without a single good win. Arizona at 11 and their best win is.... Illinois? Who just beat Michigan, and lost to Maryland.

People actually take Jeff Goodman seriously? There is a reason he went from CBS to ESPN to Stadium to now "basketball analyst".

Reactions: MileHighSpartan
I don't get mad. I'm numb to being disappointed.

That's fair.

Northern Iowa is decent, to be honest. They beat a good Colorado team on the road. Beat SC junior. Only loss was to West Virginia. They had that game won and they just decided to blow chunks the last 5 minutes, for whatever reason. Thought the game-winning bucket was a blown call, too. The WVU guy went over the back of the UNI guy - he got the basket and the foul.

That's fair.

Northern Iowa is decent, to be honest. They beat a good Colorado team on the road. Beat SC junior. Only loss was to West Virginia. They had that game won and they just decided to blow chunks the last 5 minutes, for whatever reason. Thought the game-winning bucket was a blown call, too. The WVU guy went over the back of the UNI guy - he got the basket and the foul.
They are always decent and usually have a great team when they are upperclassmen. Still a surprise when comparing to some other with similar records.

Reactions: dukedevilz
This is the third Iowa game of the season, DePaul and Minnesota being the other two, where there have literally been no other games on TV. It's like the basketball gods are forcing me to watch Iowa. Weird.

Reactions: KisteK
ADVERTISEMENT