ADVERTISEMENT

***Official B1G In-Season Thread***

this is not a Purdue problem as it occurs with other teams, defenses change from year to year where they put more emphasis on certain players.

Jordan for Iowa shot 43% from 3 as a SO then he shot 38.3% from 3 as a JR, the main reason was he became the focal point of the defense.

to single out just the Purdue players is shall we say simple minded just to be polite.

I’m saying that having a player or two shoot worse from year to year shouldn’t be surprising. It is more common for that to happen than it is for everyone to shoot the same or better.

It’s the Purdue poster saying Purdue players all shoot the same or better every year.

Reactions: SNU0821
Underrated win by Indiana in a practical home game for UConn last night.

I’m glad they finally have their shit together I’m getting nostalgic for a good Hoosier squad

We beat them by 20. How good could they be?

Underrated win by Indiana in a practical home game for UConn last night.

I’m glad they finally have their shit together I’m getting nostalgic for a good Hoosier squad

Easy...a lot of red in there last night. IU was 12-2 before losing 12 out of 13 last year. Still very much a wait and see, but it was a good ugly ass win.

Reactions: KisteK and SNU0821
My point is pretty simple and logical: it’s not surprising to see a player or two on a team shoot worse one season than they did the previous season.

If you agree with that, then let’s move on.
Let me clarify a couple of things for you sense you appear to be struggling.

I never said players don't ever decline. In fact, in the post you responded to, I said this:

There are exceptions (Carsen last year) but they are often attributed to legit reasons (he played a big chunk of the Big Ten season with a back issue).

Also, there is a big difference between dropping a couple of points and dropping like a rock (as I indicated). Of course, guys can drop from 41% to 39% without extenuating circumstances. But Wheeler has dropped from 36.5% to 26.3% (that's 10.2% in case you needed help with Math) and Boudreaux has dropped from 34.6% to 11.1% (that's a 25.5% drop).

Outside of Carsen, there's not a single guy on that list that dropped by more than 3.0% year over year (which happens often).

At some point, you should read what people write instead of inferring your agenda into it.

Reactions: jace4655555
Just now saw where IU didn't have anyone in double-digits last night in scoring. Very unusual. Cannot recall the last time I remember a team winning, yet not having a double-digit scorer.

Reactions: SNU0821 and Jaycg15
Just now saw where IU didn't have anyone in double-digits last night in scoring. Very unusual. Cannot recall the last time I remember a team winning, yet not having a double-digit scorer.
That is odd. A stark difference from the Michigan - Iowa game where Michigan's entire roster (including two team managers) scored in double figures.

Let me clarify a couple of things for you sense you appear to be struggling.

I never said players don't ever decline. In fact, in the post you responded to, I said this:

There are exceptions (Carsen last year) but they are often attributed to legit reasons (he played a big chunk of the Big Ten season with a back issue).

Also, there is a big difference between dropping a couple of points and dropping like a rock (as I indicated). Of course, guys can drop from 41% to 39% without extenuating circumstances. But Wheeler has dropped from 36.5% to 26.3% (that's 10.2% in case you needed help with Math) and Boudreaux has dropped from 34.6% to 11.1% (that's a 25.5% drop).

Outside of Carsen, there's not a single guy on that list that dropped by more than 3.0% year over year (which happens often).

At some point, you should read what people write instead of inferring your agenda into it.

So do you agree that it’s not surprising that a player or two from a team year to year can shoot a worse %?

If so, cool. Good talk.

That is odd. A stark difference from the Michigan - Iowa game where Michigan's entire roster (including two team managers) scored in double figures.
I've been trying to search to see this last time, if ever, this happened(at Indiana).

Rutgers finishes off Wisky. And Big Ten home teams are now 9-0 in conference play to start the conference slate.

Good luck tonight Michigan.

UM didn’t get called for their first foul until 2:30 left in the first half :rolleyes:
I caught the last 10 min of the half and it seemed relatively clean, but when it was close, refs seemed to be letting them play.

And I'd argue that a first half with 3 fouls for Illinois vs. 1 for Michigan...is a great thing for Illinois considering Underwood's history of fouling.

Big Livers fan. That swat on the Ayo drive was niiiice, then D'd up Alphabet Soup in the post on the next possession.

First time seeing Franz...and he's missed 4 wide open 3s.

Reactions: bMORE607
Big Livers fan. That swat on the Ayo drive was niiiice, then D'd up Alphabet Soup in the post on the next possession.

First time seeing Franz...and he's missed 4 wide open 3s.

He’s playing good aside for the missed threes. I want him to keep shooting because he’s got a good shot they just aren’t going in.

Buckle up your seat belts boys this B1G season...

giphy.gif

I caught the last 10 min of the half and it seemed relatively clean, but when it was close, refs seemed to be letting them play.

And I'd argue that a first half with 3 fouls for Illinois vs. 1 for Michigan...is a great thing for Illinois considering Underwood's history of fouling.
Testament to Underwood completely changing his style. It hurts us on offense, but luckily we rebound all of our bricks.

Agree, like I said about Rocker Watts, I always want good shooting freshman shooting through misses.

You're off your rocker

For real though, Rocket not playing this weekend against Oakland either. Hope he gets back before conf play resumes so he can try to get outta this slump

Kofi Cockburn > Everyone

6 double doubles, gang gang

Had we not shit the bed and took care of Maryland, this team would have beaten #3 and #5 consecutively. Oh well. Should be ranked next week.

Last edited:
Kofi Cockburn > Everyone

6 double doubles, gang gang

Had we not shit the bed and took care of Maryland, this team would have beaten #3 and #5 consecutively. Oh well. Should be ranked next week.

Three loss Illinois won't be ranked next week. They won't jump a slew of two loss teams on the merits of beating Michigan.

If you didn't crap yourself at Maryland or somehow get in a 30 point hole to Miami, then yeah back end of top 25. Illini will probably have about 12 total votes in next week's poll.

Three loss Illinois won't be ranked next week. They won't jump a slew of two loss teams on the merits of beating Michigan.

If you didn't crap yourself at Maryland or somehow get in a 30 point hole to Miami, then yeah back end of top 25. Illini will probably have about 12 total votes in next week's poll.

Could be

December rankings be damned anyways

ADVERTISEMENT