ADVERTISEMENT

***Official B1G In-Season Thread***

Why are there no other basketball games on tonight? Don't need everyone reacting to the Iowa game tonight. There has to be something else on TV...

They are showing a live murder tonight in Baltimore on Fox

Hopefully it's not Greg Williams' bountygate defense murdering Lamar Jackson

In 2015 IU had a terrible Maui, got absolutely torched by Duke and then won the B1G and made the Sweet16. I have learned to just take it all in stride.

We were 9-9 in mid January a few years ago. Made the Sweet 16. I don’t panic til late January.

"I’m not a fan of Cockburn right now. Know he’s played well against bad teams + Michigan so far, but teams with really solid guards (Arizona and Maryland) have really hammered his lack of quickness. Not really a skill guy at all. Purely a big-bodied 5, but at least he has length. He’s really going to need to add some skill, more mobility, and better rim protection, IMO. Similar to Udoka Azubuike’s first few years. Doke really thinned our gave himself a shot. Kofi will need to do the same."
- Sam Vecenie

Please come back. Please come back.

The other 7 elite 8 teams were

Yes, and last year was the chalkiest year we've ever had. Don't think it's going to be anywhere close to that this year.

During week six of the 2018 season, the elite 8 teams were ranked: 1, 4, 13, 19, 24... and 3 were unranked, including Michigan. In 2017 we had 2 Elite 8 teams that were unranked at this point - 2016, we had 3. I feel confident in saying we'll have at least two teams this year.

This wasn't a foul last night. I love B1G refs.

5df1b8f044543.image.jpg

Please don't. Rutgers should petition the league to have Eric Curry never ref another Rutgers game again. He called 12 fouls last night. 10 against Rutgers and 2 against Wisconsin. He was also our ref in the Stephen F Austin game. He called 13 fouls that night. 11 against Rutgers and 2 against SFA. When I see that guy doing our games I know Myles Johnson won't play more than 16 minutes.

And I am never a "blame the ref" guy, but Curry is a cocksucker. At one point in the BTN broadcast Bardow said something like: "I never say this, but Coach Pikiell needs to get a technical. That ref is killing Rutgers."

Reactions: MGC_07
Please don't. Rutgers should petition the league to have Eric Curry never ref another Rutgers game again. He called 12 fouls last night. 10 against Rutgers and 2 against Wisconsin. He was also our ref in the Stephen F Austin game. He called 13 fouls that night. 11 against Rutgers and 2 against SFA. When I see that guy doing our games I know Myles Johnson won't play more than 16 minutes.

And I am never a "blame the ref" guy, but Curry is a cocksucker. At one point in the BTN broadcast Bardow said something like: "I never say this, but Coach Pikiell needs to get a technical. That ref is killing Rutgers."

I'm not blaming the refs. That was just a horrendous no call. The other one I have a grip about is King's fast break bucket that he made and got hammered on. Those were just blatantly obvious.

And you won so you're whining is falling on deaf ears. All B1G refs are trash these days.

Iowa is the underdog as ISU is -5. Iowa is on a 7 game losing streak @Ames. tonight the game will be interesting to watch. Illinois's Big man vs Garza.

Stuck in front of a computer for a couple hours for some mandatory work training BS that I won’t be paying attention to. Anyone want to talk about why your team sucks and Purdue is underrated?

Stuck in front of a computer for a couple hours for some mandatory work training BS that I won’t be paying attention to. Anyone want to talk about why your team sucks and Purdue is underrated?

Luck Rankings, according to KenPom - schools from power conferences only:

328. Purdue
329. Wisconsin
330. Texas Tech
333. UConn
338. Seton Hall
347. Minnesota
348. Providnece

Big Ten has 3 of the 7 unluckiest Power-6 teams, apparently.

Reactions: Mclovin- and otte21

Michigan sucks because Wagner, while having All-American level upside in his career, hasnt had things click yet.

Without Wagner I think we would be a borderline top 25 team. With Wagner playing good I think we are a legit top 10 team. He’s the key to our ceiling going forward.

Michigan sucks because Wagner, while having All-American level upside in his career, hasnt had things click yet.

Without Wagner I think we would be a borderline top 25 team. With Wagner playing good I think we are a legit top 10 team. He’s the key to our ceiling going forward.
I'd say top 15 on the second part. I think Louisville showed the blueprint for beating you.

You have some very solid players, but I think you're going to end up 11-12 at the end of the season due to a few flaws. Louisville showed the blueprint to defending you-don't help off shooters and make it a two man game.
Wagner is rail thin and your 4 can be taken advantage of by bigger teams. When you play smaller teams, you're going to win the lion's share.

I feel like this is a shot at Bruno since you guys called him King Kong. I'm offended
Dolph called compared him to King Kong and was suspended. its to bad people forget the song LeRoy Brown the pool player where he was compared to King Kong and meaner than a Junk Yard Dog.

even Patrick Ewing was referred to as King Kong, it has nothing to do with the color of their skin as it is a reference to how long their arms are and nothing else,

Iowa has a FB player that his HS Coach referred to be a knuckle dragger because of his long arms,

yes the player is black but so is his HS Coach. people need to grow the F up and get off this PC BS.

Luck Rankings, according to KenPom - schools from power conferences only:

328. Purdue
329. Wisconsin
330. Texas Tech
333. UConn
338. Seton Hall
347. Minnesota
348. Providnece

Big Ten has 3 of the 7 unluckiest Power-6 teams, apparently.
Do you know what factors go into the luck rating? I’d imagine it’s a combo of loss margin & SOS but I honestly don’t know.

I'd say top 15 on the second part. I think Louisville showed the blueprint for beating you.

You have some very solid players, but I think you're going to end up 11-12 at the end of the season due to a few flaws. Louisville showed the blueprint to defending you-don't help off shooters and make it a two man game.
Wagner is rail thin and your 4 can be taken advantage of by bigger teams. When you play smaller teams, you're going to win the lion's share.

I don’t think the plan to stopping Simpson and Teske was a big secret, Louisville and Illinois just played great defense. Williams and Few know that Simpson and Teske are pick and roll / pick and pop heavy and we scored fine.

In our two losses there was a combination of:

-Missing too many open looks
-Great paint defense
-Very little points in transition

We lack shot creators in the half court set so when those three things are taken away we are going to be grasping at straws. Thankfully I don’t think all three will happen too much.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jaycg15
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT