ADVERTISEMENT

****Official B1G In-Season Thread****

Here is the Sporting News All-american team. It's the first of 4 that it takes to be a consensus AA:

1st team:
Zach Edey (Unanimous)
Jalen Wilson (missed by 1 vote)
Trayce Jackson-Davis
Brandon Miller
Drew Timme

2nd team:
Marcus Sasser
Jaime Jaquez
Azoulas Tubelis
Jalen Pickett
Tyler Kolek

3rd team:
Markquis Nowell
Kris Murray
Oscar Tshiebwe
Kendric Davis
Armondo Bacot

Testing my new avatar for the month. Thanks @IUfanBorden!
hat-tip.gif

The public outcry for TJD over Edey in the BTPOY race is one of the most pathetic displays of whining from a fanbase about something so meaningless I've ever seen. IU fans just love the vain meaningless awards. No fan base cares more about their vanity than IU fans. And they chop it up to some big media/Purdue conspiracy. Couldn't stand being a fan of a school with so many slack jaw casual basketball fans.

The public outcry for TJD over Edey in the BTPOY race is one of the most pathetic displays of whining from a fanbase about something so meaningless I've ever seen. IU fans just love the vain meaningless awards. No fan base cares more about their vanity than IU fans. And they chop it up to some big media/Purdue conspiracy. Couldn't stand being a fan of a school with so many slack jaw casual basketball fans.
Very rational take

Very rational take
The Twitter replies don't lie. They are flooded with whiny Indiana fans that are desperate to grasp any sort of success. They simply can't stand Edey being better than their golden boy. My god you even have the Assembly Call IU podcast campaigning against Edey. It's so bizarre the obsession over some fvcking POY award. Your guy finished 3 games back!

• Haha
Reactions: B1G_Fan
The Twitter replies don't lie. They are flooded with whiny Indiana fans that are desperate to grasp any sort of success. They simply can't stand Edey being better than their golden boy. My god you even have the Assembly Call IU podcast campaigning against Edey. It's so bizarre the obsession over some fvcking POY award. Your guy finished 3 games back!
Well it’s good you’re here to police them!

He is? DId not know this---And tbh, somewhat surprised.

Surprised me as well. Considering every team attacked that soft drop PnR coverage for those easy pull up buckets.

In hindsight, factoring in Purdue's extremely soft BT schedule and the lack of average guard play by most teams in the league, definitely heightened Edeys defensive standing.

• Haha
Reactions: boilerzz
Surprised me as well. Considering every team attacked that soft drop PnR coverage for those easy pull up buckets.

In hindsight, factoring in Purdue's extremely soft BT schedule and the lack of average guard play by most teams in the league, definitely heightened Edeys defensive standing.
The best rim protector in the country. Not hard to see his impact for those that know ball.

If this flawed take were true, wouldn't it be a knock on TJD as well?

Since when are mid-range jumpers “easy pull up buckets?” An article on 02/08 shows that Purdue allowed only 30.8% of shots at the rim which is the lowest in the country. They forced the 11th most mid range jumpers in basketball which is one of the least efficient shots in basketball.

Reactions: snowsquirrel11
Since when are mid-range jumpers “easy pull up buckets?” An article on 02/08 shows that Purdue allowed only 30.8% of shots at the rim which is the lowest in the country. They forced the 11th most mid range jumpers in basketball which is one of the least efficient shots in basketball.

A couple of the IU guys here understand very little about actual basketball team performance. They understand things like perceived national standing, perceived attendance figures, recruit star rankings and perceived status in general. The ironic thing is the dude who created this monster at IU would detest all of this bullshit. LOL.

Little Ricky would probably still be with us if Edey had committed to Minnehaha.

Completely agree. If you can't make the dance in this kind of historically bad year....Well, that level of suckage is hard to measure.
This is Indiana’s best team in a decade and Michigan’s worst team in a decade, yet Indiana came pretty close to getting swept by a dog shit Michigan team.

Gotta do to the BTT when it’s in Chicago. Got club level tickets for us on Thursday, but I’m conflicted on Friday … might just buy tickets now and go watch hoops regardless of the Illini/PSU result Thursday.

Indiana and (to a lesser extent) Northwestern will keep the price FLOOR high for the Friday session, but I’m worried tickets will go up if we win Thursday. Only way they don’t is if there are a bunch of PSU/Maryland/Nebraska/Minnesota fans sitting on tickets they’d want to sell for cheap, and I highly doubt that, lol.

Why’s it surprising? With his blocks, ability to deter opponents from even attempting shots, and rebounds I don’t think it’s that crazy.
One Purdue doubles bigs to protect Edey....Two, he's not very agile---he blocks shots/alters shots b/c he's 16 feet all. I have never seen Edey trail a dude off the bounce, and block his shot, on the other side of the rim. He's simply not athletic enough...

Love the guy....He's a monster, and really good. Just don't put Edey and elite defender together.

This is Indiana’s best team in a decade and Michigan’s worst team in a decade, yet Indiana came pretty close to getting swept by a dog shit Michigan team.
ALmost doesn't get ya in the NCAAT....

Also, no one was feeling sorry for IU when they were bad, and getting beat up on....So save me the whine and cheese, bruh..

Reactions: texanhoosier1982
One Purdue doubles bigs to protect Edey....Two, he's not very agile---he blocks shots/alters shots b/c he's 16 feet all. I have never seen Edey trail a dude off the bounce, and block his shot, on the other side of the rim. He's simply not athletic enough...

Love the guy....He's a monster, and really good. Just don't put Edey and elite defender together.
Never said he was elite. But he’s clearly good enough to be an all-defensive guy in the conference.

Never said he was elite. But he’s clearly good enough to be an all-defensive guy in the conference.
ALl-Defensive----sure. There is a difference in being on the All-defensive team, and being the best defensive player in the conference. IMO if you are DPOY, you are elite defensively....

Reactions: texanhoosier1982
Sort of like the outrage of Collins being named COY, and not Painter? Or is that different?

Reactions: Middawg
Well neither was no Central Michigan----right?
Regardless of what the “objective” truth is, it will ALWAYS be the fans of teams who’ve had a disappointing season saying the league is down and the ones who are faring well saying it’s not. It’s a pretty weird psychological thing, because you’d think bad teams would be more respectable if the league is perceived as strong, but I’ve found this pattern to hold true nearly 100% of the time.

Regardless of what the “objective” truth is, it will ALWAYS be the fans of teams who’ve had a disappointing season saying the league is down and the ones who are faring well saying it’s not. It’s a pretty weird psychological thing, because you’d think bad teams would be more respectable if the league is perceived as strong, but I’ve found this pattern to hold true nearly 100% of the time.
League is always good, and always tough. Some years are better I guess....But the separation isn't much.

Nah, D...I don't do bleachers any more. You Behind the basket? I thought you were in 8 next to Mellencamp

Nah, D...I don't do bleachers any more. You Behind the basket? I thought you were in 8 next to Mellencamp.
I am in Section 8 right where you think I am. That's why when you said you were across the floor from me I assumed you were in Section 4 behind the IU bench.
So, where were you sitting? Section E?

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT