ADVERTISEMENT

What Is The Best Basketball Conference Overall This Season?

I don’t know enough about the sec to asses the balance of schedules within the conference, but all else equal, I’d bet on Tenn as the best team.

Edit: in terms of uk, the O looks strong, but D numbers are hideous. Plus, they have a lot of freshmen, and they aren’t the caliber of freshmen from the Calipari haydays.
You obviously have discerning eye for CBB.

Reactions: VulvHa
I don’t know enough about the sec to asses the balance of schedules within the conference, but all else equal, I’d bet on Tenn as the best team.

Edit: in terms of uk, the O looks strong, but D numbers are hideous. Plus, they have a lot of freshmen, and they aren’t the caliber of freshmen from the Calipari haydays.
Yeah, right now, UT and AU look better than UK, but I think UK has the highest ceiling of anyone in the country and now with Ivicic, they have a 7'2" NBA ready big man that can shoot 3's.

The defense will come around, but from what I've seen in college basketball over the last 7 or 8 years, a great offense will trump a great defense more times than not.

Right now, UT has it rolling on both ends of the court. Let's see how long they can sustain that.

Dude...if my favorite color was orange, and the store happened to have Vol gear, could have easily happened.

I am just thankful it didn't say Duke, or Kansas (would have never picked the Carolina baby blue, such an awful shade)...
You’re obviously colorblind, but seem okay outside of that.

Teapot is always trying to gate keep fan-hood.

Yeah, right now, UT and AU look better than UK, but I think UK has the highest ceiling of anyone in the country and now with Ivicic, they have a 7'2" NBA ready big man that can shoot 3's.

The defense will come around, but from what I've seen in college basketball over the last 7 or 8 years, a great offense will trump a great defense more times than not.

Right now, UT has it rolling on both ends of the court. Let's see how long they can sustain that.
Jeff, you need to get Knechted!!

Jeff,
I can't argue when you make a comment like that. Do better...
I called your Z kid a wobbly legged baby Giraffe.
Oh, so you want to argue? I get enough of that from the narcissistic ones in here.

Eh, I thought Z was going to be a wobbly giraffe, but he surprised the heck out of me. He was a pro in Croatia, so he must be pretty good.

Oh, so you want to argue? I get enough of that from the narcissistic ones in here.

Eh, I thought Z was going to be a wobbly giraffe, but he surprised the heck out of me. He was a pro in Croatia, so he must be pretty good.
I actually don’t like to argue, but do like friendly banter.

Btw, I am a Ut grad, but I have met plenty of folks that didn’t ever attend UT that were some of the best Vols ever.

Going into the auburn game in 2019 kansas fans were arrogant. Convenient to call them bad after the fact. kansas doesnt make it past first weekend this year

KU fans were arrogant in 2019? We didn’t think that KU team was making it out of the first weekend let alone confident enough in that team to be arrogant about any game they were playing.

This years KU team has some major warts. I personally would bet on us losing first weekend. I also wouldn’t be surprised if they did make a run to the F4 because they have one of the best starting 5s in the country if Furphy continues to play at a high level.

I actually don’t like to argue, but do like friendly banter.

Btw, I am a Ut grad, but I have met plenty of folks that didn’t ever attend UT that were some of the best Vols ever.
Yeah, my fate was set, my father owned a business putting in cell tower foundations and I had been working summers doing that since I turned 15. I loved it. I was running dozers, big excavators and loaders.

I've made a good career out of it. Have my own business now. That’s not too bad for a non college grad.

I would have loved to spend 4 years in college, it would have been a great time, but it wasn't an option for me financially and I loved what I was already doing.

I have a daughter and 2 nieces that graduated from UK, so they ended up getting deep into my pockets anyway. So did Michigan State.

While I didn’t become a fan the 'college kid' way, I chose a different way to become a fan.

I'm also a Detroit Tigers, Detroit Redwings, NY Mets and Chicago Bears fan too, I didn't attend any of those universities either. I guess by AUhoosier's definition, you can only be a Bears fan if you played for them. Yikes.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
KU fans were arrogant in 2019? We didn’t think that KU team was making it out of the first weekend let alone confident enough in that team to be arrogant about any game they were playing.

This years KU team has some major warts. I personally would bet on us losing first weekend. I also wouldn’t be surprised if they did make a run to the F4 because they have one of the best starting 5s in the country if Furphy continues to play at a high level.
The most arrogant dude on this board is throwing jabs at KU fans, because they had the gall to go cheer on their team in the NCAAT. The nerve of those fans. 🤣

Reactions: KisteK and Big_C_KU
Yeah, my fate was set, my father owned a business putting in cell tower foundations and I had been working summers doing that since I turned 15. I loved it. I was running dozers, big excavators and loaders.

I've made a good career out of it. Have my own business now. That’s not too bad for a non college grad.

I would have loved to spend 4 years in college, it would have been a great time, but it wasn't an option for me financially and I loved what I was already doing.

I have a daughter and 2 nieces that graduated from UK, so they ended up getting deep into my pockets anyway. So did Michigan State.

While I didn’t become a fan the 'college kid' way, I chose a different way to become a fan.

I'm also a Detroit Tigers, Detroit Redwings, NY Mets and Chicago Bears fan too, I didn't attend any of those universities either. I guess by AUhoosier's definition, you can only be a Bears fan if you played for them. Yikes.
AUhoosier is obnoxious and arrogant. I wonder if he realizes that.

Reactions: kyjeff1
AUhoosier is obnoxious and arrogant. I wonder if he realizes that.
Most narcissists have no idea how to compliment others, or take the blame. My brother is that way and it's crazy how he justifies placing blame on others and makes himself the victim.

AUhoosier can't handle success with any type of class. In his eyes, AU us the greatest and everyone else is wrong.

When UT loses, you're the first one here congratulating the opposing fans and you don't make excuses. That’s some good character right there. I know, I know, I'm a UK fan and I'm not suppsed to compliment UT fans, but I don't have that kind of ignorance in my arsenol. Guess it's because I didn’t actually attend UK 😜.

It's tough to admit defeat on here though, some of these dudes are waiting for a sliver of weakness, then they pounce like a cat.

Most narcissists have no idea how to compliment others, or take the blame. My brother is that way and it's crazy how he justifies placing blame on others and makes himself the victim.

AUhoosier can't handle success with any type of class. In his eyes, AU us the greatest and everyone else is wrong.

When UT loses, you're the first one here congratulating the opposing fans and you don't make excuses. That’s some good character right there. I know, I know, I'm a UK fan and I'm not suppsed to compliment UT fans, but I don't have that kind of ignorance in my arsenol. Guess it's because I didn’t actually attend UK 😜.

It's tough to admit defeat on here though, some of these dudes are waiting for a sliver of weakness, then they pounce like a cat.
Auhoosier acknowledges AU has not always been great, but he refuses to accept the shortcomings of their coach or team. Have you noticed that he was pretty mild at the beginning of the season and has grown steadily loud as the season unfolds? Anywho, enough about him.

I like to banter before the game and then whatever happens, happens. If we got our ass kicked, oh well. If we won, I'm usually pretty complimentary of the opposing team. I think a fan is a fan regardless of how good their team is. Some of these folks think their teams performance makes them superior fans in some way. I think those folks are weak minded and needy people.

Auhoosier acknowledges AU has not always been great, but he refuses to accept the shortcomings of their coach or team. Have you noticed that he was pretty mild at the beginning of the season and has grown steadily loud as the season unfolds? Anywho, enough about him.

I like to banter before the game and then whatever happens, happens. If we got our ass kicked, oh well. If we won, I'm usually pretty complimentary of the opposing team. I think a fan is a fan regardless of how good their team is. Some of these folks think their teams performance makes them superior fans in some way. I think those folks are weak minded and needy people.
Yeah, it's amazing to me how many opposing fans call UK fans condescending and over the top. Usually, the dudes saying that, are every bit as bad as the people they hate (very true of the 2 I'm referring to here), but jeez, welcome to sports fans at every level, for every team, in every country.
I try to be confident, but also grounded, because as soon as I talk smack, UK loses to an Evansville, or UNCW.😂.
I try to be complimentary of other teams too, but some people make it hard to do that and after a painful loss, I need a few minutes. Haha.
Heck, everyone on here is an uber fan of their program, if we weren't, we wouldn’t seek out a forum to post on and post as often as we do.

Reactions: della
I really don't know who's the best. I've pretty much only watched SEC games with the occasional UNC and KU game sprinkled in.

it’s very overrated.
It was the best 6 years of my neice's life, but she's $90,000.00 deep in dept.
It took her 4 years just to figure out what she wanted to do… while she was living the great college life. She had no friends until she got to college and always had to move aside so her younger sister could get all the attention. She immediately made a ton of friends in the dorm and they changed her life. The $90k is worth it in her eyes.

Reactions: Random UK Fan
It was the best 6 years of my neice's life, but she's $90,000.00 deep in dept.
It took her 4 years just to figure out what she wanted to do… while she was living the great college life. She had no friends until she got to college and always had to move aside so her younger sister could get all the attention. She immediately made a ton of friends in the dorm and they changed her life. The $90k is worth it in her eyes.
That is a lot of money. She would have been better served to go to a Jr college and then go get her Bachelor degree somewhere else.

Reactions: kyjeff1
I’ve been on this board a lot longer than you have. Go take a lap and come back when Auburn has beaten someone with a pulse.
you have been? Dont think so. Purdue fan huh? We will look forward to your exit come first weeknd of ncaa tourney

Click on his name, it shows he created his profile in 2003, 5 years before you created yours.
This would be my second handle. I have been on the rivals network since it started. Auburn alliance was brought as a partnodnthe rivals network in 2000

This would be my second handle. I have been on the rivals network since it started. Auburn alliance was brought as a partnodnthe rivals network in 2000
What was your first handle? Mine was StonecutterCat circa 2003. I was a tremendous asshole back then that felt the need to sell UK's greatness and shit on others who questioned it. Promptly banned for adding nothing but shit to the board.

Came back with this one and decided to not take shit so seriously and have fun with fellow folks who loved the game.

Reactions: FaithPlusOne
l
Good for you. People here know me since I’ve been around a long time. Either way, go take a lap and come back when Auburn beats someone with a pulse. Your recent boasts have been exposed.

What was your first handle? Mine was StonecutterCat circa 2003. I was a tremendous asshole back then that felt the need to sell UK's greatness and shit on others who questioned it. Promptly banned for adding nothing but shit to the board.

Came back with this one and decided to not take shit so seriously and have fun with fellow folks who loved the game.
Mine was Throat-poker12, it only lasted for an hour though.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT