ADVERTISEMENT

****Official B1G In-Season Thread****

One Purdue doubles bigs to protect Edey....Two, he's not very agile---he blocks shots/alters shots b/c he's 16 feet all. I have never seen Edey trail a dude off the bounce, and block his shot, on the other side of the rim. He's simply not athletic enough...

Love the guy....He's a monster, and really good. Just don't put Edey and elite defender together.
Well, that’s just not true. He’s a pretty fvcking agile 7’4 center. Of course he’s not going to be the quickest guy out there but to say he hasn’t trailed a dude off the bounce to block a shot is just so inaccurate.

And those are just ones I could find with a quick twitter search. Wish I had the video for what the tweet below describes because it was as good of an example as any of Edey showing his mobility for his size, remember the play but couldn’t find it on twitter. Wasn’t about to search for it in game highlights.

Last edited:
ALmost doesn't get ya in the NCAAT....

Also, no one was feeling sorry for IU when they were bad, and getting beat up on....So save me the whine and cheese, bruh..
Again, with a competent coach we at least finish top 3 this year. Almost did it with her shitty corch named Juwan

Regardless of what the “objective” truth is, it will ALWAYS be the fans of teams who’ve had a disappointing season saying the league is down and the ones who are faring well saying it’s not. It’s a pretty weird psychological thing, because you’d think bad teams would be more respectable if the league is perceived as strong, but I’ve found this pattern to hold true nearly 100% of the time.
It is objectively a down year. The usual conference powers (Wisconsin, MSU and U of M) are all down. None of the teams in the conference have any prayer of making a final four, including the conference champs

It is objectively a down year. The usual conference powers (Wisconsin, MSU and U of M) are all down. None of the teams in the conference have any prayer of making a final four, including the conference champs
Usual RollLaugh

Hmm…. In the last 7 years, Purdue has won 3 Big Ten titles and also has a 2nd, 3rd and 4th. How did the “usual conference powers” do in that time?

Hmm…. In the last 7 years, Purdue has won 3 Big Ten titles and also has a 2nd, 3rd and 4th. How did the “usual conference powers” do in that time?
We’ve got two titties. Anything else doesn’t matter.

Reactions: MGO2022
Well, that’s just not true. He’s a pretty fvcking agile 7’4 center. Of course he’s not going to be the quickest guy out there but to say he hasn’t trailed a dude off the bounce to block a shot is just so inaccurate.

And those are just ones I could find with a quick twitter search. Wish I had the video for what the tweet below describes because it was as good of an example as any of Edey showing his mobility for his size, remember the play but couldn’t find it on twitter. Wasn’t about to search for it in game highlights.
Wait so it’s not just because he’s so tall?!

Reactions: otte21

We sit down pretty low and I was impressed by how soft his hands are and how good his footwork is for his size. He is a very limited player but he has clearly worked hard to do what he does ...verywell.

Love the flop by #5 in the first clip.

Lol, “objective” =/= a Michigan fan’s opinion and his personal hand-picked “usual powers.” The Big Ten performed well in the non-conference, and the final decision on whether or not it’s “down” will be decided by its NCAA Tournament performance. You can spit your conjecture that they won’t do well, but we won’t know until they play the games.

Reactions: snowsquirrel11
The public outcry for TJD over Edey in the BTPOY race is one of the most pathetic displays of whining from a fanbase about something so meaningless I've ever seen. IU fans just love the vain meaningless awards. No fan base cares more about their vanity than IU fans. And they chop it up to some big media/Purdue conspiracy. Couldn't stand being a fan of a school with so many slack jaw casual basketball fans.
You're such a rational poster. Your posts here are taken very seriously...

Reactions: HoosierstuckinIowa
The Twitter replies don't lie. They are flooded with whiny Indiana fans that are desperate to grasp any sort of success. They simply can't stand Edey being better than their golden boy. My god you even have the Assembly Call IU podcast campaigning against Edey. It's so bizarre the obsession over some fvcking POY award. Your guy finished 3 games back!
What's really bizarre is the countless responses to IU Twitter posters from Purdue posters. Anything IU related gets immediate responses from numerous Purdue fans with their vaginas all hurt because someone is talking about IU favorably on Twitter.

Side note, we had to deal with multiple injuries throughout the year to some key players. Disappointed we didn't win the conference title, but understand that injuries played some of a role (not all). But I know you're not smart enough to understand those types of things.

You want to hang a banner for finishing higher than the "usual conference powers"? It's very Purdue. I can see it now..."LAST 7 YEARS WE FINISHED HIGHER THAN THE USUAL CONFERENCE POWERS". Will look great in the spot where teams usually hang their national championship banners.

• Haha
Reactions: MGO2022
Again, with a competent coach we at least finish top 3 this year. Almost did it with her shitty corch named Juwan
Reminds me of a character in the movie “Fresh”: “I’m almost not ready, but I’m ready now.”

Purdue can’t be considered a conference power until they make it past the sweet 16. That hasn’t happened in quite a while
holy shit GIF

Lol, “objective” =/= a Michigan fan’s opinion and his personal hand-picked “usual powers.” The Big Ten performed well in the non-conference, and the final decision on whether or not it’s “down” will be decided by its NCAA Tournament performance. You can spit your conjecture that they won’t do well, but we won’t know until they play the games.
Unless and until the BIG address how the games are officiated we will not reach our legitimate potential in the dance.

Reactions: texanhoosier1982
You want to hang a banner for finishing higher than the "usual conference powers"? It's very Purdue. I can see it now..."LAST 7 YEARS WE FINISHED HIGHER THAN THE USUAL CONFERENCE POWERS". Will look great in the spot where teams usually hang their national championship banners.
You are pretty good at creating strawmen. Did you go to school for that?

Purdue can’t be considered a conference power until they make it past the sweet 16. That hasn’t happened in quite a while
Last Elite 8:

Michigan - 2021
Purdue - 2019
MSU - 2019
Wisconsin - 2015
OSU - 2013
Illinois - 2005
Indiana - 2002
Maryland - 2002
Minnesota - 1997
Nebraska - 1996
Iowa - 1987
Rutgers - 1976
Penn State - 1954
Northwestern - Never

If you are going to dog Purdue, at least use something that makes sense like Final Fours.

ADVERTISEMENT