ADVERTISEMENT

What Is The Best Basketball Conference Overall This Season?

That's funny, I come up with 4 ranked wins just for UK, Arkansas and Tennessee:
UK: Miami and uNC
UT: Illinois
Arkansas: Duke

Where are you getting only 2 wins?

Alabama and UT went 1-6 in the non-con against ranked teams, they definitely didn't help the cause.

But I'm not sure why you put so much weight on that, the ACC drug their nuts all over the BIG12 and that league is way down. Even that terrible SEC league kicked the ACC's asses.

Ah, right....3 with the Arkansas win over Duke. I'm talking currently ranked teams. Miami definitely doesn't qualify.

The Big 12's top 5 played one game vs the ACC, and the top three played none. WV losing to VIrginia and Pitt doesn't really tell us much about either league does it?

Ah, right....3 with the Arkansas win over Duke. I'm talking currently ranked teams. Miami definitely doesn't qualify.

The Big 12's top 5 played one game vs the ACC, and the top three played none. WV losing to VIrginia and Pitt doesn't really tell us much about either league does it?
Bama and UT definitely disappointed in the pre con, but they both had to play 3 highly ranked teams right in a row.

You mentioned the top half of the BIG12 did better and a lot of the ACC wins were against the lower rated teams, but that really doesn't matter, especially when it comes to the BIG12, the entire conference is good and when you look at results, like KU losing at Wva, uNC losing at Syracuse, duke losing to Arkansas and Georgia Tech and Purdue losing to OH St, it shows you that anyone can beat anyone and the top teams in each conference (sans UConn and Houston) are losing to bad teams. Matchups and where the games are played, matters.

I'm liking how the SEC is at least now getting attention, good or bad.
There has definitely been an upgrade in coaching in the league in the last decade. it seems athletic departments finally realized you can be good at both football and basketball, not just one.

Reactions: Random UK Fan
@kyjeff1

I couldn’t find the thread where you and @mcnicKY91 were handlng @bignish and @ExitFlagger their asses about the SEC being stronger than years past. its delusional to think the ACC is stronger than the SEC this year. Absolutely delusional.

Edit - I think it was @FaithPlusOne who was saying something about puffing out our SEC chest or something like that. Not going back to look for it so feel free to address him on the matter too at your convenience. Handle business. You and McnicKY91 are doing a nice job getting the others to come around to reality.

images

• Haha
Reactions: lurkeraspect84
ADVERTISEMENT