ADVERTISEMENT

What Is The Best Basketball Conference Overall This Season?

Big 12.

Question is, how many legit title threats are there in each conference?

The SEC has 3. I think the B12 has 2, possibly 3, if Iowa state keeps going. BIG10 has 1 and are we going to put duke with uNC as title contendors out of the ACC? Looks like Arizona is it in the PAC12 and UConn looks to stand alone out of the Big East.

What Power 6 conference is the worst?

Big 12.

Question is, how many legit title threats are there in each conference?

The SEC has 3. I think the B12 has 2, possibly 3, if Iowa state keeps going. BIG10 has 1 and are we going to put duke with uNC as title contendors out of the ACC? Looks like Arizona is it in the PAC12 and UConn looks to stand alone out of the Big East.

What Power 6 conference is the worst?
I assume Auburn is the third? What have they done to prove they’re a legit contender? They’ve played one top 20 team and lost. Plus a loss to App St.

I assume Auburn is the third? What have they done to prove they’re a legit contender? They’ve played one top 20 team and lost. Plus a loss to App St.
Oh I'm not disagreeing with what you're saying, I'm just going off the eye test with them. I mean, they look pretty legit to me.

kansas has losses to ucf and west virginia. You need to stfu. Both of auburns losses are quad 1 losses and all 16 wins of ours are by double digits. This kansas team has no depth and averafe as hell on defense.

• Haha
Reactions: KisteK
I know the ACC is not great and perception is even worse but they are better than given credit for. Not great, but not some midmajor conference like some say either. They also outperform other conferences each year when it matters.

Reactions: AWilli6995
I know the ACC is not great and perception is even worse but they are better than given credit for. Not great, but not some midmajor conference like some say either. They also outperform other conferences each year when it matters.
Eh...you remind me of many of my UK brethren during the 2010s, when UK was typically the only legit team in the conference, with the occasional good run from Florida. In reality, the SEC was trash, no matter how many times UK fans would say the conference is better than it is being given credit for...

The ACC blows. It is a joke of a conference right now, much like the SEC was for the better part of the past couple decades.

Eh...you remind me of many of my UK brethren during the 2010s, when UK was typically the only legit team in the conference, with the occasional good run from Florida. In reality, the SEC was trash, no matter how many times UK fans would say the conference is better than it is being given credit for...

The ACC blows. It is a joke of a conference right now, much like the SEC was for the better part of the past couple decades.

I mean, the ACC is like 9-3 against the Big 12 or something like that this year. They continually year after year outperform all other conferences when it matters. Both of those points are certainly matchup driven but when they do well every single year compared to other conferences that matters. It isn't a great conference but again, not nearly as bad as people like you think it is. And I'm someone who badly wants UNC to bolt and join the SEC.

Reactions: FaithPlusOne
Up until a few years ago, everyone… ..EVERYONE dumped on the SEC every year and it was a lot worse than what they're saying about the ACC right now and it's most likely because the ACC built up a ton of street cred.

I get it, it's aggravating, because it's still conference play and when you are a blue blood, or a team that is leading the conference, you not only get everyone's best shot, they have you circled on the calendar and they do shit they don't do when they play everyone else.

The problem is, teams like Wake, BC, Miami, FSU, GT and Clemson, lay down when they play everyone else.

Reactions: Random UK Fan
kansas has losses to ucf and west virginia. You need to stfu. Both of auburns losses are quad 1 losses and all 16 wins of ours are by double digits. This kansas team has no depth and averafe as hell on defense.
Auburn also has 0 Q1 wins and 10 of their wins are Q3/Q4. It’s not a stretch to say that they haven’t proven themselves against top tier competition.

Reactions: KisteK
Auburn also has 0 Q1 wins and 10 of their wins are Q3/Q4. It’s not a stretch to say that they haven’t proven themselves against top tier competition.
its a stretch for kansas fan to say shit when they just got stroked by the worst team in the big 12 last night.

Up until a few years ago, everyone… ..EVERYONE dumped on the SEC every year and it was a lot worse than what they're saying about the ACC right now and it's most likely because the ACC built up a ton of street cred.

I get it, it's aggravating, because it's still conference play and when you are a blue blood, or a team that is leading the conference, you not only get everyone's best shot, they have you circled on the calendar and they do shit they don't do when they play everyone else.

The problem is, teams like Wake, BC, Miami, FSU, GT and Clemson, lay down when they play everyone else.

Yeah, I don't really disagree, though when they do get into the tournament the average ACC teams tend to play above their heads. But those teams crapping out early in the year definitely hurt. I thought some years the SEC got a bad deal as well in terms of perception. Of course now the SEC is more than legit. I do wish the ACC would invest in coaching. That is what the SEC did more than anything IMO.

I just get annoyed because it seems teams and conferences manipulate the NET with bad OOC schedules that fool the metrics and when conference play starts everything is sort of set then. If the computers think your conference is bad you are screwed. I just think the NET is garbage so am venting for the most part. I mean, look at Alabama? They lost to Clemson, lost to OSU, beat absolutely nobody and have been highly thought of all year by the media and the metrics. Why? Because they beat bad teams by double digits I guess? IDK.

Reactions: FaithPlusOne
It is too early to pick the best teams as some of the teams have not be tested.

Well, we'll see, but check common opponents between UK and UT. Uk is 4-1 with wins over uNC and MSU, UT is 1-4.
UK, UT and Auburn are legit title contenders though.
You damn sure won't want to see them in your bracket.
Jeff,
Monkey is a CBB scholar, you will rue the day you fail to heed his advice/warnings.

IMO the top 5 teams in the nation are

Purdue
UNC
Auburn
Tennessee
Kentucky

maybe even in that order. Not buying the Houston or UConn hype or Kansas for that matter
My projected top 5 come Selection Sunday:
UK
uNC
UT
Houston
Purdue

In that order. I think UK has the most upside, especially with Ivisic playing.
I don't really think Purdue is going very far, it's not wise to build your team around a center in todays game and I'm not buying Arizona. Great, they have a couple of good November wins, but they've leveled off, like they always seem to do.

its a stretch for kansas fan to say shit when they just got stroked by the worst team in the big 12 last night.

Lol chill. WVU would probably be favored over auburn at home... especially with Jesse Edwards. We are still just getting our full roster.

Wvu beat auburn with less talent on their roster last year fyi. We did have a coach though.

Last edited:
Lol chill. WVU would probably be favored over auburn at home... especially with Jesse Edwards. We are still just getting our full roster.

Wvu beat auburn with less talent on their roster last year fyi. We did have a coach though.
auburn is a much better team this year than last year. Good lord

You lost to the fake Mountaineers of Appy State. Really think they could handle the real thing?
dontoh really want to talk anout somenof the teams wvu has loat to this year? App st. at home whixh is where auburn plaued would pick its score against wvu

dontoh really want to talk anout somenof the teams wvu has loat to this year? App st. at home whixh is where auburn plaued would pick its score against wvu

😂 We were without basically our entire roster for most of them. Hard to win with 4 starters out and a 6 man rotation.

😂 We were without basically our entire roster for most of them. Hard to win with 4 starters out and a 6 man rotation.
you beat an overrated kansas team. Congrats on that. We now wont hear much on wvu the rest of the season

ADVERTISEMENT