ADVERTISEMENT

Most Viewed Champions Classic Game (last 5 years)

Yeah, I'm right there with you. The only exception is if UNC is playing Duke. Even if it is bad I watch, usually with some buddies who are Duke fans, lol.
Ditto, my best friend for like 20+ years (grade school) is a UNC fan. We always watch them together. The funny thing is I was always outnumbered... Then Luke Kennard went to Duke, who is from my hometown and I'm friends with his uncle, complete reverse.

I'll just say congrats. I'm sure it means a lot.

BTW, is UK vs MSU still the largest viewed game of all time?
I don't know about largest viewed, but it was a world record crowd for basketball attendance (Basketbowl @ Ford Field: 78,129). By contrast, they had "Basketbowl II" there in 2008 between UNC-MSU and it drew a meager 25,267. Granted, that game was during the week. Whoever scheduled that was hopefully fired.

I don't think anyone is obsessing over it but you're right, fans and haters tune in in a big way. It is what it is.
Agree. That's one of the biggest positives of having the all time highest win %. All the people that tune in to watch UK lose, leave disappointed more than anyone else.

Someone recently said their second favorite team was who ever was playing UK. I just laughed, their second favorite teams sucks.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
I'll just say congrats. I'm sure it means a lot.

BTW, is UK vs MSU still the largest viewed game of all time?
I think the most television viewers for a CBB game is either UCLA vs Houston back in the 1960’s or Indiana State vs Michigan State for the national championship. Those records aren’t gonna be broken though. Too many options on television these days.

I think the most television viewers for a CBB game is either UCLA vs Houston back in the 1960’s or Indiana State vs Michigan State for the national championship. Those records aren’t gonna be broken though. Too many options on television these days.
The ratings I have seen only track back to 1975, and MSU-ISU did have the highest viewership at 35 million.

I don't know about largest viewed, but it was a world record crowd for basketball attendance (Basketbowl @ Ford Field: 78,129). By contrast, they had "Basketbowl II" there in 2008 between UNC-MSU and it drew a meager 25,267. Granted, that game was during the week. Whoever scheduled that was hopefully fired.
I just love how Duke claims a big following when there is no material proof of it at all. I keep waiting for some proof and it never comes just a bunch of circumstantial bull shit. TV ratings are subjective; however, salaries are paid off them and I suppose that is enough for Duke fans to hang their hats on them.

I prefer butts in seats, even if they live early. (It is a very good revenue stream.) It costs nothing to turn on a TV. A ticket to a UK game usually is quite expensive. UK has butts in seats and Duke has TV remotes.

I just love how Duke claims a big following when there is no material proof of it at all. I keep waiting for some proof and it never comes just a bunch of circumstantial bull shit. TV ratings are subjective; however, salaries are paid off them and I suppose that is enough for Duke fans to hang their hats on them.

I prefer butts in seats, even if they live early. (It is a very good revenue stream.) It costs nothing to turn on a TV. A ticket to a UK game usually is quite expensive. UK has butts in seats and Duke has TV remotes.
Quite frankly my dear, who gives a shit?

You running FREE cable? Inbox me. I need the hook up!

SO strange. Duke fills every arena they visit, Duke has the highest rated games, but somehow there is no "material proof."

But Bert seeing people wearing Kentucky jerseys at UK games... thats PROOF!

Reactions: Quavarius
You running FREE cable? Inbox me. I need the hook up!
My cable costs me $250 a month; however, it is a lot cheaper than UK season tickets. Plus if you see Duke and Kentucky you must travel out of the state of Kentucky and pay hundreds for each seat.

Sorry Q. I know what I am talking about. One of the hardest ticket around is a Kentucky ticket. You don't have to believe it, but I know all about it.

Duke's tickets would be a lot cheaper than a Kentucky ticket if Duke did not play in a high school gym where half the seats are students!

Reactions: Mgkcbb
My cable costs me $250 a month; however, it is a lot cheaper than UK season tickets. Plus if you see Duke and Kentucky you must travel out of the state of Kentucky and pay hundreds for each seat.

Sorry Q. I know what I am talking about. One of the hardest ticket around is a Kentucky ticket. You don't have to believe it, but I know all about it.

Duke's tickets would be a lot cheaper than a Kentucky ticket if Duke did not play in a high school gym where half the seats are students!

I see people giving away UK tickets on RR. As in FREE Bert. Quite the ticket to come by if you ask me.

Further, get a basketball stadium on campus before you go on with that lame high school gym babble.

It’s 115 Bert. Time for your warm glass of milk and a nap.

But you said it cost nothing to turn on the TV. How do you go from nothing to $250 per month? :eek:

I thought you had the hook up

I see people giving away UK tickets on RR. As in FREE Bert. Quite the ticket to come by if you ask me.

Further, get a basketball stadium on campus before you go on with that lame high school gym babble.

It’s 115 Bert. Time for your warm glass of milk and a nap.
Rupp Arena is a very nice facility and is becoming an even nicer facility with the new face lift. Cameron is a high school gym for sure. Duke keeps Cameron because they can't sell tickets to a Rupp Arena or Dean Dome due to lack of following. You have to admit that.

I appreciate the nap time you gave me. Thanks! :)

Rupp Arena is a very nice facility and is becoming an even nicer facility with the new face lift. Cameron is a high school gym for sure. Duke keeps Cameron because they can't sell tickets to a Rupp Arena or Dean Dome due to lack of following. You have to admit that.

I appreciate the nap time you gave me. Thanks! :)
Rupp is a dump Bert. So is Cameron.

But you said it cost nothing to turn on the TV. How do you go from nothing to $250 per month? :eek:

I thought you had the hook up
:)
The $250 is a bargain.

I get 300 Mbps internet, free phone calls to all US, all the sports and movie channels on four DVR's. I think that I got a good price. My house is wired with Cat5e (which is good for 1000 Mbps) so I get fantastic up and downloads. Four of the five TV's are wired with Cat5e and the three desk top computers are wired.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sa...pty-seats-for-kentucky-north-dakota-game/amp/

Amazing how bitter people are about Duke. Cameron is a dump? Maybe if you are a teenager with ADHD. If you are a rational human being with an appreciation for class and history, and you aren’t distracted by “BIGGER IS MORE BETTER!!” or flashing LED lights, you love Cameron.

God, so much bitter and dumb in this world.

Interesting. I’m curious on the time slot of those games and whether being in the second game draws a better audience than the first given it allows you to draw more of the West Coast audience and have a nice lead-in. I’d also be curious on which time slot the Duke games usually are, or if it’s rotating.

Duke is pretty hated for various reasons (not just their on-court success), so there’s probably a lot of hate-watch going on.

Reactions: Mac9192
Interesting. I’m curious on the time slot of those games and whether being in the second game draws a better audience than the first given it allows you to draw more of the West Coast audience and have a nice lead-in. I’d also be curious on which time slot the Duke games usually are, or if it’s rotating.

Duke is pretty hated for various reasons (not just their on-court success), so there’s probably a lot of hate-watch going on.
Like em or not, they sell. They are, because of K, THE prime time game. They are the biggest draw. You have to be blind, deaf, or incompetent to not know that.
Folks can hate them all they want, and there are reasons to not like them.

But to criticize their arena capacity or “lack of fan base” is stepping into a level of being ignorant.

No watching is as much fun as hate watching.

Wait, “watching” is a metaphor for sex, right?

Yes, Duke rotates. Last season, Duke/MSU played at 7 pm. Yes, the #1 and #2 team played the first game of the CC last year.

I guess they rotate it to get the Duke audience (in any time slot) to either be a lead in for the second game or get the West Coast audience in the second game.

Like em or not, they sell. They are, because of K, THE prime time game. They are the biggest draw. You have to be blind, deaf, or incompetent to not know that.
Folks can hate them all they want, and there are reasons to not like them.

But to criticize their arena capacity or “lack of fan base” is stepping into a level of being ignorant.
Bull. They why don't the sell out the NCAA games? Because there are not that many Duke fans.

I guess that I am blind, deaf, or incompetent but I am not as stupid as you think I am.

If duke could sell 20,000 tickets a game they would build a 20,000 seat arena. UK and UNC can and did.

I live here. There was ice on the road dumbshit! Plus all UK games are on TV, so if it is a bad weather game, stay home and watch it in High Definition. Eyeroll

Geeze!

Who spells it “geeze”...? That’s strange. I think it is generally “Jeez,” because it is short for “Jesus” and most people don’t spell it Gezus.

Whoa. Looks like the myth that Kentucky is basketball crazed has been BUSTED
Not at all.

Duke ain't in the running for basketball following:

Rank School average

1. Kentucky 21,874
2. Syracuse 21,462
3. North Carolina 18,378
4. Wisconsin 17,272
5. Creighton 17,000
6. Louisville 16,883
7. Kansas 16,344
8. Tennessee 16,209
9. Arkansas 16,181
10. Indiana 15,590
11. Nebraska 15,492
12. NC State 15,253
13. Missouri 15,061
14. Michigan St. 14,797
15. Maryland 14,675
16. Arizona 14,434
17. Purdue 14,343
18. BYU 14,230
19. Iowa St. 14,121
20. Virginia 13,923
21. Ohio St 13,495
22. Alabama 13,390
23. Dayton 12,996
24. South Carolina 12,617
25. Illinois 12,613
26. Marquette 12,323
27. West Virginia 12,303
28. Iowa 12,026
29. Minnesota 11,850
30. Villanova 11,828

Where is Duke?

Not at all.

Duke ain't in the running for basketball following:

Rank School average

1. Kentucky 21,874
2. Syracuse 21,462
3. North Carolina 18,378
4. Wisconsin 17,272
5. Creighton 17,000
6. Louisville 16,883
7. Kansas 16,344
8. Tennessee 16,209
9. Arkansas 16,181
10. Indiana 15,590
11. Nebraska 15,492
12. NC State 15,253
13. Missouri 15,061
14. Michigan St. 14,797
15. Maryland 14,675
16. Arizona 14,434
17. Purdue 14,343
18. BYU 14,230
19. Iowa St. 14,121
20. Virginia 13,923
21. Ohio St 13,495
22. Alabama 13,390
23. Dayton 12,996
24. South Carolina 12,617
25. Illinois 12,613
26. Marquette 12,323
27. West Virginia 12,303
28. Iowa 12,026
29. Minnesota 11,850
30. Villanova 11,828

Where is Duke?
This is weak Bert.

This is weak Bert.

Wait, what are those numbers? Home attendance numbers? Surely Bert isn’t THAT senile. Surely.

Bert: “The Golden State Warriors, with their 19,000 fans a game, are SO much less popular than Kentucky!”

Do you think Bert was always a lower IQ fellow, or is it his age that’s doing it? Some people have a big decline when they get older.

Btw, when I search “most popular college basketball teams” the first team that shows up is Duke.

Btw, when I search “most popular college basketball teams” the first team that shows up is Duke.
Are you talking about teams at the top of the search that you can scroll through?

There’s 19 schools there. Kansas is not one of them but Kansas State IS one of them. Fake news.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT