ADVERTISEMENT

Michigan vs Iowa

I’ve seen them play. Don’t pass the eye test as being a good team. Seems like they’ve both racked up a ton of wins vs cupcakes.

NC St is ranked and I’ve never thought they were any good
Ole Miss got smacked around at home against Iowa State. Only game I watched of there’s and I haven’t seen Mississippi State

This idiot thought he was going to troll the B1G. What do you think is going on in that 400 page thread?

18gywm.jpg

1. Probably not but only the elite of the elite can
2. I’ll go along with the that
3. Hard to explain
4. This team actually plays a little bit of defense to go along with a top offense. I think this team is more than capable of beating a higher seed or 2 this year
They have to do it though. If they get in as a 5 and crap the bed again, they are going to continue to be looked at as below average.

Ole Miss got smacked around at home against Iowa State. Only game I watched of there’s and I haven’t seen Mississippi State
Bad matchup for Ole Miss. Iowa state has size and Ole Miss is just a bunch of guards.

Iowa State is the real deal this year, I've been impressed with them.

That’s fair. But keep in mind, the game was in Carver Hawkeye. Can Iowa beat teams like UM outside of Iowa?

Look, until Iowa does something other than flame out in the tournament you can't expect college basketball fans to feel like they are anything but below average. Teams that are considered average at least have some success in the NCAAT.

Tell me why Iowa, as a program, is anything more than below average?

Tell me why this Iowa team is any different than every Iowa team for the last 20 years? They just always seem to be the same team every year.
We just swept MSU and Purdue two years ago...
Won in Chapel Hill a couple of years ago as well.
Outside of our coaches first year and last year Iowa's coach is 7-2 vs Michigan.

Iowa is improving its roster and have a ton of depth. And actually can play defense more often than they had been. Iowa could split the rest of its games and make it to the tournament. That is where they are at.
Sorry I know you were going for history here. Im used to it, we deal with Nebraska football fans all the time. But this Iowa team looks to be a lock for a decent seed in the tourney. Better than your 20 year opinion of Iowa.

Reactions: iowahawkeyes69
They have to do it though. If they get in as a 5 and crap the bed again, they are going to continue to be looked at as below average.
That’s fair. I, for one, am hopeful
Bad matchup for Ole Miss. Iowa state has size and Ole Miss is just a bunch of guards.

Iowa State is the real deal this year, I've been impressed with them.
Yeah, ISU is really good. Glad we got them early

Reactions: kyjeff1
I see Ole Miss best win ooc is Baylor. 0-3 with a few blowouts in other ooc games vs decent teams.

Ole miss isn’t ranked MS St is.

MS St best win ooc is Cinci or Clemson. And they’re .500 in an ok SEC.

I guess somebody has to be ranked but neither MS school moves the needle much for me.
Beating Baylor is a pretty good win, Baylor is a pretty good team and is currently leasing the BIG12. Long way to go though.

Ole Miss was ranked last week, but lost twice.

Yup, gotta find 25 teams to put in those rankings, it's pretty ugly when you get that far down, all of those teams have more than proven that they have some serious flaws.

We just swept MSU and Purdue two years ago...
Won in Chapel Hill a couple of years ago as well.
Outside of our coaches first year and last year Iowa's coach is 7-2 vs Michigan.

Iowa is improving its roster and have a ton of depth. And actually can play defense more often than they had been. Iowa could split the rest of its games and make it to the tournament. That is where they are at.
Sorry I know you were going for history here. Im used to it, we deal with Nebraska football fans all the time. But this Iowa team looks to be a lock for a decent seed in the tourney. Better than your 20 year opinion of Iowa.
Okay, but you have to own the fact that we hear/read these same exact statements every year from Iowa fans, but every year they end up with very similar results. You can't deny this. It's literally every year we see these same exact statements from Iowa fans.

You can't fault non Iowa fans for looking at Iowa and saying they are an average or below average program.

I just never understood why Iowa fans get so upset over the reality of Iowa basketball's place on the totem pole. Blame the coaches, not me.

Okay, but you have to own the fact that we hear/read these same exact statements every year from Iowa fans, but every year they end up with very similar results. You can't deny this. It's literally every year we see these same exact statements from Iowa fans.

You can't fault non Iowa fans for looking at Iowa and saying they are an average or below average program.

I just never understood why Iowa fans get so upset over the reality of Iowa basketball's place on the totem pole. Blame the coaches, not me.
I’m not mad about it at all

Iowa is ranked.
I didn't know we were comparing Iowa with Miss state or Ole Miss. Can you show me where I did that?

Also, it depends what pole you are looking at. I don't see them ranked in the week 13 AP pole.

Looks like Iowa actually isn't ranked in either pole.

A+ for effort though Hail.

I didn't know we were comparing Iowa with Miss state or Ole Miss. Can you show me where I did that?
Also, it depends what pole you are looking at. I don't see them ranked in the week 13 AP pole.

You cited being ranked as criteria for being good. Iowa will be ranked Monday.

I let the first time you said pole side because maybe it was a typo. But you are actually writing “pole” (as in fishing pole) instead of poll. Do you have a college degree?

I let the first time you said pole side because maybe it was a typo. But you are actually writing “pole” (as in fishing pole) instead of poll. Do you have a college degree?
Ha ha, good catch, yeah, I screwed that up. Wasn't even thinking about it tbh.

@CO_hawk @iowahawkeyes69 @ConvenientParking

When I bring up Michigan’s recent history kyjeff says history means nothing and we can only focus on this year’s team.

When you guys try to focus on this year’s team kyjeff says history means everything and to stop just focusing on this year’s team.

The dude is senile.
Are you going to include quotes so we can discuss context or are you just going to expect everyone to believe you?

The talk about Michigan was about when they peaked in the past compared to where they peaked this year. I feel.like they peaked in December this season, my ooinion. Whereas those previius teams (2013) peaked in March.

That is an entirely different conversation than the one we are having right now about Iowa.

Don't ever change Hail, you do you.

When someone asked how good they are, you said they are ranked.

I mean how good really is Arky and Scar? The MS schools?

The Big Ten and ACC are much tougher in the middle than the SEC.

Both MS schools are ranked.

Then you listed them 5th and 6th in your conference.

South Carolina will eventually come back down to earth, they benefitted from a favorable league schedule at the beginning of SEC play, but they are not the 4th best team.in the league. That would be Auburn.

UK
UT
LSU
Auburn
Ole Miss
Miss State
Alabama
Florida
The rest
is how I would rank them. Ranking them now based on league standings is kind of unfair don't you think?

Iowa is ranked 25th in the week 13 coaches poll.
I looked on ESPN.COM. they use the AP poll, didn't see them on that one.

They'll certainly be ranked next week, but they are still Iowa. The end result is goung to be the same as it is every year.

They'll certainly be ranked next week, but they are still Iowa. The end result is goung to be the same as it is every year.
Yeah we aren’t ranked right now. We were but then lost to MSU and at Minnesota and fell out

Are you going to include quotes so we can discuss context or are you just going to expect everyone to believe you?

The talk about Michigan was about when they peaked in the past compared to where they peaked this year. I feel.like they peaked in December this season, my ooinion. Whereas those previius teams (2013) peaked in March.

That is an entirely different conversation than the one we are having right now about Iowa.

Don't ever change Hail, you do you.

No it wasn't. I was the one that brought up those teams. My point bringing up those teams was that Michigan has had better teams (2013, 2018) lose to worse teams (Penn St., Northwestern) than Iowa.

What did you mean by "either pole"?

When someone asked how good they are, you said they are ranked.
Big difference, they don't suck, they're average/below average, just like Iowa.

I never said Iowa sucked or wasn't good. I called them a below average program and an average team this year.

I describe both Misdissippi schools the same exact way.

So where is the problem?

Then you listed them 5th and 6th in your conference.

@kyjeff1

Please learn to use the quote function. It's not hard. Where did I say there was a problem? I'm pointing out your lapse in logic. You use the Miss schools being ranked as proof they are good but still consider Iowa below average despite also being ranked.

No it wasn't. I was the one that brought up those teams. My point bringing up those teams was that Michigan has had better teams (2013, 2018) lose to worse teams (Penn St., Northwestern) than Iowa.
Right. The year with Trey Burke when they lost to Penn State but made the National Championship Game, Penn State was horrible. Iowa is about to be ranked over halfway through the season and is projected as a 5 seed in the NCAAT. That has to count for something in this discussion. This isn’t about whether Iowa will or won’t win tournament games

@kyjeff1

Please learn to use the quote function. It's not hard. Where did I say there was a problem? I'm pointing out your lapse in logic. You use the Miss schools being ranked as proof they are good but still consider Iowa below average despite also being ranked.
Hmm, all three programs are below average, that doesn't mean that changes because they spend some tim at the bottom of the rankings. You're smarter than that right?

Again, I never said Iowa sucked, they're good, but that doesn't get them out of the below average category. Deal with it.

Until they do something in the NCAAT that's what they are.

Pretty simple, Iowa is going to Iowa. Show me something and I won't make those statements.

Iowa basketball = the movie Groundhog day.

And Mississippi State and Ole Miss have solid track record in the tournament. Same with LSU right? Face it, outside of UK and Florida, the SEC in the tournament is pretty trashy.

Right. The year with Trey Burke when they lost to Penn State but made the National Championship Game, Penn State was horrible. Iowa is about to be ranked over halfway through the season. That has to count for something in this discussion

Yup. Last year Michigan lost by 20 @ Nebraska and lost @ 6-12 Northwestern. That team still set a Michigan school record with 33 wins.

It's college basketball. Losing to a solid team on the road doesn't mean Michigan is doomed.

ADVERTISEMENT