ADVERTISEMENT

Michigan vs Iowa

My bad man, I got mad and there was no reason to. I apologize. No I don’t deny that they’d be an NIT team but the point is that’s probably quite a few teams. If they lose their best player they will regress
No need to apologize, I'm not offended by anything you said.

You are correct, take the star player off most teams and they are screwed, but that's exactly what I ment when I said Purdue has a flawed roster.

Reactions: iowahawkeyes69
But it supports what I said. Don't just cherry pick my posts.

Take one player off of any any team currently in the top ten and they can still win games. That's the difference between Purdue and legit tournament teams. It's a flawed roster, which was what was being debated by the purdue fan.

I can’t reply to something you actually said, but you can literally make up Iowa fans calling their program top tier? They never said that. Why make it up?

No need to apologize, I'm not offended by anything you said.

You are correct, take the star player off most teams and they are screwed, but that's exactly what I ment when I said Purdue has a flawed roster.
Same page finally. Even though we might have been the whole time lol

Ha ha. Iowa is no different this year than they are every year. You have to be kidding me if you think otherwise.

Look up the definition of "consistently average or below average" and you will see an Iowa Hawkeye logo.

As far as your very stupid idea of remembering every player that was on each roster for 10+ years, remember, UK has a new roster every season, Iowa keeps their players for 4 years. But still, what the F is the point of that? What does that prove?

Wait, you have a Colorado State avatar, but you're an Iowa fan? Man, you don't see very many victories do you? Do you even understand what winning on a big stage even is?

Look, Iowa is a below average basketball program, they accomplish the same things each year. They never win the league and they never advance past the sweet 16 in the NCAAT. Probably never will. They damn sure aren't getting past the first weekend this year. They don't get to play their tournament games in Carver Hawkeye arena.
Exactly, you barely even know youre own fvcking team. Dont tell us how good Iowa is this year.
And whoopdie fvckin doo, you were born a Kentucky fan. Congrats. Im sure you are not keeping a close eye on anything Iowa does, no reason for it. But it's obvious you haven't been paying attention and just talking out of your butt.
What does it matter if Iowa is a below average program.... AGAIN, we are talking about this year and whom Michigan lost to. Wisconsin and Iowa are both having good seasons to this point. Both could finish with fewer than 7 losses, six in Iowa's case. We dont know yet, but your already here bashing Michigans opponent, whom is actually pretty good.
Again good for you being a Kentucky fan, all of us non blue blood fans are so envious... Im just fine rooting for the Hawks.

You're Offended because I called them average. Okay, so if Iowa basketball isn't average, what are you saying they are?

Holy moly, you got all upset and were visibly offended because I called them below average team.

But by all means, why don't you tell me where Iowa is at as a program.
Again for the 10th time. Michigan did not lose to a below average team last night. How stupid are you Kentucky fans?

A Kentucky fan who is losing his mind is making stuff up that Iowa fans didn’t say.
No, that's not at all how that went down, but nice try hail.

The replies I got from Iowa fans were indicative of guys that were offended at their favorite program being called below average.

My response, while probably a bit tongue in cheek, was in response to them. My return question is, okay, what is Iowa then, do you think they are top shelf or something?

No, that's not at all how that went down, but nice try hail.

The replies I got from Iowa fans were indicative of guys that were offended at their favorite program being called below average.

My response, while probably a bit tongue in cheek, was in response to them. My return question is, okay, what is Iowa then, do you think they are top shelf or something?

You called out Iowa fans for thinking their program was top shelf despite no Iowa fans saying that. Stop making stuff up that wasn’t said.

Exactly, you barely even know youre own fvcking team. Dont tell us how good Iowa is this year.
And whoopdie fvckin doo, you were born a Kentucky fan. Congrats. Im sure you are not keeping a close eye on anything Iowa does, no reason for it. But it's obvious you haven't been paying attention and just talking out of your butt.
What does it matter if Iowa is a below average program.... AGAIN, we are talking about this year and whom Michigan lost to. Wisconsin and Iowa are both having good seasons to this point. Both could finish with fewer than 7 losses, six in Iowa's case. We dont know yet, but your already here bashing Michigans opponent, whom is actually pretty good.
Again good for you being a Kentucky fan, all of us non blue blood fans are so envious... Im just fine rooting for the Hawks.
I barely even know my own team? Seriously? You're going to make a comment like that because I didn't list every player on each of UK's last 10 teams? You're joking?

This is compleyely bizzare. But I'll say this, I bet I could come damn close to naming them all, but there have been a lot of players that left UK after 1 year and my memory is definitely not my strong suit.

But hey, congrats on your ability to name every player on each roster of whoever your favorite program is.

Also, I never asked anyone to be envious of UK, but don't come here acting all Johnny badass. I'm on here daily, even throughout the summer. You are obviously an occassional college basketball fan, so don't get your panties in a wad when I speak the truth about Iowa freaking basketball.

I always laugh when I see people try to debate with Hail.
Hail doesn't forget what he said.

Child pleeeease, I've been smacking him around on here the past couple years. SmokinSmile

He's lucky I don't have much to say this year because my team is hot garbage.

Reactions: hailtoyourvictor
I barely even know my own team? Seriously? You're going to make a comment like that because I didn't list every player on each of UK's last 10 teams? You're joking?

This is compleyely bizzare. But I'll say this, I bet I could come damn close to naming them all, but there have been a lot of players that left UK after 1 year and my memory is definitely not my strong suit.

But hey, congrats on your ability to name every player on each roster of whoever your favorite program is.

Also, I never asked anyone to be envious of UK, but don't come here acting all Johnny badass. I'm on here daily, even throughout the summer. You are obviously an occassional college basketball fan, so don't get your panties in a wad when I speak the truth about Iowa freaking basketball.
Yeah I don’t blame you for that at all. Way too many one and done players for me to keep track of if I was a fan

Reactions: kyjeff1
As of now, B1G is projected to have 10 teams make the tournament. SEC? 8.

Georgia is a cupcake too by the way.

B1G>SEC
Rutgers, Nebraska, Indiana, Illinois, Penn State and Northwestern. Yeah, I'll take the SEC over that garbage.
The top half of the SEC is better and the bottom half in the SEC is better.
SEC>BIG
My opinion.

Ok you replied to one sentence. What about the reat of them?

Reactions: hailtoyourvictor
Iowa did just fine with Cook out, and I think they would still make the tournament without him. But we'll keep that between us.
I agree with this. But is Cook Iowa’s best player? I would be interested to hear other BIG fans opinions because I think it’s close

Ok you replied to one sentence. What about the reat of them?
Seriously, you want to keep going back and forth about Iowa freaking basketball, why would I want to do that? I've stated my opinions of Iowa as a program and this years Iowa team what more do you want me to say?

Look, Iowa isn't worth a shit as a program, deal with it.

I apologize to @iowahawkeyes69 for my last comment in this post, but colorado state/Iowa fan had it coming.

So is yours.
This is fun.

This is your idea of fun on a Saturday

giphy.gif

This is your idea of fun on a Saturday

giphy.gif
I love how people act all badass while hiding behind their computer.
Either debate like a credible poster or move along. This type of posting is trash.

Seriously, you want to keep going back and forth about Iowa freaking basketball, why would I want to do that? I've stated my opinions of Iowa as a program and this years Iowa team what more do you want me to say?

Look, Iowa isn't worth a shit as a program, deal with it.

I apologize to @iowahawkeyes69 for my last comment in this post, but colorado state/Iowa fan had it coming.
I'm not trying to change your opinion on the Iowa program. But if you consider the Iowa team that Michigan lost to yesterday a below average team. Well you are wrong.
Sorry I got a little lippy. But all biases aside, yoyr not looking at it fairly.

Lol you want a credible debate, ok. Thank God for the Pac, right.

2sp2aq.jpg
So you really think the BIG is a better conference than the ACC?
Not only that, but do you really think the ACC is the 3rd best conference?
That alone should tell you that metric is trash.

Rutgers, Nebraska, Indiana, Illinois, Penn State and Northwestern. Yeah, I'll take the SEC over that garbage.
The top half of the SEC is better and the bottom half in the SEC is better.
SEC>BIG
My opinion.

The 4th best team in the SEC includes an 11-10 South Carolina team. Yikes. Top of the B1G easily trumps the SEC. SEC has 4 teams that have 0 or 1 conference wins. B1G only has one.

So you really think the BIG is a better conference than the ACC?
Not only that, but do you really think the ACC is the 3rd best conference?
That alone should tell you that metric is trash.

ACC versus B1G is a much more legit debate than B1G versus SEC.

Reactions: hawkit3113
I'm not trying to change your opinion on the Iowa program. But if you consider the Iowa team that Michigan lost to yesterday a below average team. Well you are wrong.
Sorry I got a little lippy. But all biases aside, yoyr not looking at it fairly.
That’s fair. But keep in mind, the game was in Carver Hawkeye. Can Iowa beat teams like UM outside of Iowa?

Look, until Iowa does something other than flame out in the tournament you can't expect college basketball fans to feel like they are anything but below average. Teams that are considered average at least have some success in the NCAAT.

Tell me why Iowa, as a program, is anything more than below average?

Tell me why this Iowa team is any different than every Iowa team for the last 20 years? They just always seem to be the same team every year.

That’s fair. But keep in mind, the game was in Carver Hawkeye. Can Iowa beat teams like UM outside of Iowa?

Look, until Iowa does something other than flame out in the tournament you can't expect college basketball fans to feel like they are anything but below average. Teams that are considered average at least have some success in the NCAAT.

Tell me why Iowa, as a program, is anything more than below average?

Tell me why this Iowa team is any different than every Iowa team for the last 20 years? They just always seem to be the same team every year.
1. Probably not but only the elite of the elite can
2. I’ll go along with the that
3. Hard to explain
4. This team actually plays a little bit of defense to go along with a top offense. I think this team is more than capable of beating a higher seed or 2 this year

Both MS schools are ranked.

I see Ole Miss best win ooc is Baylor. 0-3 with a few blowouts in other ooc games vs decent teams.

Ole miss isn’t ranked MS St is.

MS St best win ooc is Cinci or Clemson. And they’re .500 in an ok SEC.

I guess somebody has to be ranked but neither MS school moves the needle much for me.

Last edited:
The 4th best team in the SEC includes an 11-10 South Carolina team. Yikes. Top of the B1G easily trumps the SEC. SEC has 4 teams that have 0 or 1 conference wins. B1G only has one.
South Carolina will eventually come back down to earth, they benefitted from a favorable league schedule at the beginning of SEC play, but they are not the 4th best team.in the league. That would be Auburn.

UK
UT
LSU
Auburn
Ole Miss
Miss State
Alabama
Florida
The rest
is how I would rank them. Ranking them now based on league standings is kind of unfair don't you think?

1. Probably not but only the elite of the elite can
2. I’ll go along with the that
3. Hard to explain
4. This team actually plays a little bit of defense to go along with a top offense. I think this team is more than capable of beating a higher seed or 2 this year

High emphasis on “little” defense.

I’ve seen them play. Don’t pass the eye test as being a good team. Seems like they’ve both racked up a ton of wins vs cupcakes.

NC St is ranked and I’ve never thought they were any good
Yeah, NC state layed a serious egg at home today. 24 points scored for the game is bad.
Both Mississippi schools have flaws, but they're still worthy of being ranked in the top 25. They certainly aren't threats to make it out of the first weekend.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT