ADVERTISEMENT

Michigan vs Iowa

Michigan has had two teams rush the court against them already this year. I wish we'd stop losing.
This has happened to Duke at every away game except UNC for like 30 years. Buzzer beater or a 2-3 point win I get but if you have time for everyone to line up the last minute and a half you're a ****.

Reactions: kyjeff1
I didn't call him elite. I said he is an elite defender and average offensively. Which is true. He is making stuff up.
You actually didn’t say he was “average offensively.” Your words were that he was “damn good.”

I didn't know Iowa had a basketball team, do they always play zone?

We play a lot of zone with this roster. Man is considered switching it up. There was nothing Syracuse-like about our halfcourt zone tonight except for our guys keeping position around the key and tempting the Michigan guards to halfass dribble into bad mid-range shots on the wing and in the corner instead of moving the ball and getting the bigs involved. And they bricked the 3s they found. There is never anything Syracuse-like about our halfcourt zone. The 3/4 court 1-2-2 trap is something that Fran has run with every group every season. Some teams shred it and we abandon it quickly. Teams that are inferior to Iowa athletically get mugged by it, but Michigan isn't in that category. They were just offensively unfocused tonight. And we were able to run and beat up their bigs and score.

Rushing the court when you won by 15, ****ing embarrassing.
See big ten in season thread for comment. At this point, we just rush at Iowa whenever we beat a top 5 in football or basketball. I hate it in basketball unless you knock off a top opponent when you're having a poor season and the game was intense. We obviously controlled this one for the most part. IDK. It also just went from -40 windchill on Wednesday to everything melting tomorrow and Sunday in Iowa. Mitch McConnell, talk about embarrassing.

Reactions: iowahawkeyes69
See big ten in season thread for comment. At this point, we just rush at Iowa whenever we beat a top 5 in football or basketball. I hate it in basketball unless you knock off a top opponent when you're having a poor season and the game was intense. We obviously controlled this one for the most part. IDK. It also just went from -40 windchill on Wednesday to everything melting tomorrow and Sunday in Iowa. Mitch McConnell, talk about embarrassing.
Lost me at Mitch McConnell.

What does Tyus Jones have to do with Kentucky?
Good point. I don't recognize the player because I don't watch many Duke games outside the NCAA tourney or remember all their standout players (it would be exhausting for a non-Duke fan to bother with this horseshit). You guys have the same color scheme, and the avatar version of the photo is less conclusive than the few JFK films to the untrained eye. My sincerest apologies.

I spent my kindergarten year of life in the great state of North Carolina. Still have family in piss ant Goldsboro. And some up north of the Carolinas in VA Beach. While I agree on the court-storming, I will take all of you to task if you want to laugh at Iowa. I've been there, I know you. I want you to know that this is an empty threat.

You actually didn’t say he was “average offensively.” Your words were that he was “damn good.”

Here was my reply to you in the thread you are referencing:

The dude just had a triple double with zero turnovers. He’s pretty good. Aruagbly the best on ball defender in the country and not terrible offensively.

Also, Sophomore Simpson was literally our PG last season when we made the national championship game. He’s better this year.

Here is what I've said about Simpson at other points this season or preseason:

I think you’re reaching on how good Michigan fans think Simpson is. I put him a tier below Matthews and Winston.

He’s an elite defender with holes offensively. Good player still.

Offensively average. Defensively elite. He’s an Aaron Craft clone.

Because I don't thiink he's Michigan's best player. Might be the most important. I just don't think he's Michigan's best. Personally, I think its Iggy or Poole.
Offensively sure, but Simpson is an elite defender. Maybe the best defender in the conference.

Last edited:
Reactions: ChiTownSean
Here was my reply to you in the thread you are referencing:

Here is what I've said about Simpson at other points this season or preseason:
I’m ok with people thinking Michigan won’t win a title but his reasoning as to why they aren’t a contender is so odd. Simpson is damn good.

I don’t know what the hell you say in other threads. Here’s what your first reply to my opinion of Simpson was.

I don’t know what the hell you say in other threads. Here’s what your first reply to my opinion of Simpson was.

This was what started our conversation:

Why does Virginia’s defense scare you so much more than Michigan’s?

Not defense, but I like UVA more than Michigan due mostly to PG play. I just don’t think Simpson is a championship level PG.

He could prove me wrong, though.

The dude just had a triple double with zero turnovers. He’s pretty good. Aruagbly the best on ball defender in the country and not terrible offensively.

Also, Sophomore Simpson was literally our PG last season when we made the national championship game. He’s better this year.

The point is my opinion that Simpson is elite defensively and average offensively has been stated repeatedly. I haven’t wavered from it.

I’ve never called him elite overall or elite offensively.

Michigan will be hot come tournament time. Beilein is one of the best and Ignas is a star. Iowa needed that win.
And anybody playing attention will notice Fran is 7-7 vs Beilein with 5 of Michigan’s wins coming from Frans first year (2010) and from last year when Iowa was 14-19 overall. I know both seasons count, but other than those two years Iowa has done rather well(7-2) vs Michigan.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT