ADVERTISEMENT

Michigan vs Iowa

Michigan will be hot come tournament time. Beilein is one of the best and Ignas is a star. Iowa needed that win.
And anybody playing attention will notice Fran is 7-7 vs Beilein with 5 of Michigan’s wins coming from Frans first year (2010) and from last year when Iowa was 14-19 overall. I know both seasons count, but other than those two years Iowa has done rather well(7-2) vs Michigan.

I think Michigan is a solid team. They’re great defensively but their half court offense relies too much on outside shooting. Teske is a good shot blocker, he can rebound, he can get put back garbage points and has a decent outside shot, but he lacks post moves and if he gets in foul trouble Michigan looks lost inside. They end up passing the ball around the perimeter waiting for Simpson to drive or someone to jack a 3.

They beat up on a home heavy non conference and are now having to go on the road. They’re lucky to not have to go to Purdue. I think losing Wagner is a bigger deal than previously thought.

Still a good team though.

I think this is a case of a team, or teams, that come out of the gate like a rocket unexpectedly, then fade once good coaches figure them out.
Some teams peak too soon. We saw it with Tre Young and Oklahoma most recently.
Beilein is a great coach though and UofM runs a lot of offensive sets that are tough to defend, so they can still go very far in the tournament.

I think this is a case of a team, or teams, that come out of the gate like a rocket unexpectedly, then fade once good coaches figure them out.
Some teams peak too soon. We saw it with Tre Young and Oklahoma most recently.
Beilein is a great coach though and UofM runs a lot of offensive sets that are tough to defend, so they can still go very far in the tournament.

Yup. Good ole Iowa Fran figured Michigan out but Jay Wright, Roy Williams, Matt Painter, and Archie Miller couldn’t.

It has nothing to do with this being college basketball and expecting teams to play their A or even B game all season is unrealistic.

Reactions: ChiTownSean
I think Michigan is a solid team. They’re great defensively but their half court offense relies too much on outside shooting. Teske is a good shot blocker, he can rebound, he can get put back garbage points and has a decent outside shot, but he lacks post moves and if he gets in foul trouble Michigan looks lost inside. They end up passing the ball around the perimeter waiting for Simpson to drive or someone to jack a 3.

They beat up on a home heavy non conference and are now having to go on the road. They’re lucky to not have to go to Purdue. I think losing Wagner is a bigger deal than previously thought.

Still a good team though.

If Teske can’t play 25+ minutes we are completely and utterly ****ed.

Yup. Good ole Iowa Fran figured Michigan out but Jay Wright, Roy Williams, Matt Painter, and Archie Miller couldn’t.

It has nothing to do with this being college basketball and expecting teams to play their A or even B game all season is unrealistic.
If you're not going to play your A game on the road in conference when you're trying to win the league and get a 1 seed, how do you expect to win 6 in a row in the tournament?
You better bring your A game on the road.
As far as Roy Williams and Jay Wright not figuring out how to beat UM, come on, are we going to play that stupid game? How long ago were those games played? Villanova was a total team rework that JW is now figuring out and the UNC game happened in what, November? UNC has passed UM at this point in the season.
Matt Painter and Archie, eh, they're decent coaches, but both have flawed rosters. Heck, Indiana hasn't won a game in forever. Purdue has Carson Edwards and a bunch of Joe's.
Face it, UM was fast out of the gate, but a lot of other teams have caught them, which is exactly the point I was making.
I know that's not going to sit well with you, because you're a huge UM homer and you don't want to hear negative things about Michigan basketball, especially with all the smack talk you do, but it's reality. Losing by 15 to this Iowa team is not a good sign, especially after seeing what Michigan State did to Iowa on the road.

If you're not going to play your A game on the road in conference when you're trying to win the league and get a 1 seed, how do you expect to win 6 in a row in the tournament?
You better bring your A game on the road.
As far as Roy Williams and Jay Wright not figuring out how to beat UM, come on, are we going to play that stupid game? How long ago were those games played? Villanova was a total team rework that JW is now figuring out and the UNC game happened in what, November? UNC has passed UM at this point in the season.
Matt Painter and Archie, eh, they're decent coaches, but both have flawed rosters. Heck, Indiana hasn't won a game in forever. Purdue has Carson Edwards and a bunch of Joe's.
Face it, UM was fast out of the gate, but a lot of other teams have caught them, which is exactly the point I was making.
I know that's not going to sit well with you, because you're a huge UM homer and you don't want to hear negative things about Michigan basketball, especially with all the smack talk you do, but it's reality. Losing by 15 to this Iowa team is not a good sign, especially after seeing what Michigan State did to Iowa on the road.

No one “expects” to win 6 in a row in the tournament. That’s a dumb angle.

Michigan went 12-6 in conference in 2013 including a road loss to 2-16 Penn State. Shit happens. That team turned out fine.

Michigan went 13-5 in conference last year including a road loss to 6-12 Northwestern and a 20 point beat down to Nebraska. That team turned out fine.

Michigan is 20-2 and those two losses are on the road to teams in the Kenpom top 25. The world isn’t as over as you are pretending it is.

@kyjeff1 And for the love of God please learn to hit enter twice when you start new paragraphs. Your format is an obnoxious to read as Gilligan’s posts.

No one “expects” to win 6 in a row in the tournament. That’s a dumb angle.

Michigan went 12-6 in conference in 2013 including a road loss to 2-16 Penn State. Shit happens. That team turned out fine.

Michigan went 13-5 in conference last year including a road loss to 6-12 Northwestern and a 20 point beat down to Nebraska. That team turned out fine.

Michigan is 20-2 and those two losses are on the road to teams in the Kenpom top 25. The world isn’t as over as you are pretending it is.
Nice homer post, but we're talking about this year's team. It looks like UM peaked in December, they're in a decline. Those other UM.teams caught fire at the end of the year, there's a delifference.

Nice homer post, but we're talking about this year's team. It looks like UM peaked in December, they're in a decline. Those other UM.teams caught fire at the end of the year, there's a delifference.

How is it a homer post? I’m pointing out to you that bad road losses can happen to good teams. It’s college basketball and it’s a long season.

Beilein’s best two teams (2013, 2018) lost to teams worse than Michigan lost to last night. Shit happens.

Also,

Michigan went undefeated in conference play in 2012/13. They went 12-6 in conference with a road loss to 2-16 Penn State. Had people saying Michigan peaked early that year, too. They went to the NCG.

This team isn’t as good as that team was but can you see that it’s foolish to overreact to Michigan’s loss at top 25 Iowa?

How is it a homer post? I’m pointing out to you that bad road losses can happen to good teams. It’s college basketball and it’s a long season.

Beilein’s best two teams (2013, 2018) lost to teams worse than Michigan lost to last night. Shit happens.
You're a huge homer, all you yap about is UM, you get butthurt at any comment that isn't a compliment to UM, but you're the first one to call others out for being homers.

As far as years past, again, UM peaked at the end of the season, but it certainly looks to me like UM peaked in December. It happens.

I guess UM can make it bacl to their peak, but I don't think they have the right makeup, I don't see any superstars or difference makers.

You're a huge homer, all you yap about is UM, you get butthurt at any comment that isn't a compliment to UM, but you're the first one to call others out for being homers.

As far as years past, again, UM peaked at the end of the season, but it certainly looks to me like UM peaked in December. It happens.

I guess UM can make it bacl to their peak, but I don't think they have the right makeup, I don't see any superstars or difference makers.

Do you at least agree that good teams can still drop in-conference road games?

Michigan lost to teams worse than Iowa those years.

Also,

Michigan went undefeated in conference play in 2012/13. They went 12-6 in conference with a road loss to 2-16 Penn State. Had people saying Michigan peaked early that year, too. They went to the NCG.

This team isn’t as good as that team was but can you see that it’s foolish to overreact to Michigan’s loss at top 25 Iowa?
Gongrats, but this isn't 2013.

It's a message board Hail, not English class. If you have an issue with single spaced paragraphs then this message board thing isn't for you.

I’m not correcting your grammar. I’m trying to give you tips to not make your posts look so nauseating. No one else writes without spacing their paragraphs and there’s a reason for that.

Do you at least agree that good teams can still drop in-conference road games?

Michigan lost to teams worse than Iowa those years.
Sure, but UM is starting to show some serious cracks in their game now. Wisconsin and Iowa both exposed UM.

I’m not correcting your grammar. I’m trying to give you tips to not make your posts look so nauseating. No one else writes without spacing their paragraphs and there’s a reason for that.
No one else huh? Not a single person?
And again, I said I was in a hurry. The fact that you're attacking my paragraph spacing tells me all I need to know about this discussion we're having.

You are completely missing the point. You are acting like good teams never lose on the road.
You lost by 15 man, it wasn't a close game and UM looked pretty bad in the process.

So no, it's not me that is missing the point, it is you.

No one else huh? Not a single person?
And again, I said I was in a hurry. The fact that you're attacking my paragraph spacing tells me all I need to know about this discussion we're having.

You and gilligan. Please don’t be like gilligan.

You lost by 15 man, it wasn't a close game and UM looked pretty bad in the process.

So no, it's not me that is missing the point, it is you.

Michigan lost by 20 to Nebraska last year and looked pretty bad in the process.

Good teams can look bad. It’s college basketball. Shit happens.

Michigan lost by 20 to Nebraska last year and looked pretty bad in the process.

Good teams can look bad. It’s college basketball. Shit happens.
And if UM gets the right matchups in the NCAAT, they can certainly get to a FF, but they might want to clean up their issues soon, because they're going to start dropping seed-lines losing to teams like Iowa by 15.

Yeah, well you're inching closer to uncfan in KY with each and every post you make.

Aaaaaaand that's a mic drop.

He’s honestly more level headed than you e been this year. You’ve been a full on RR crony this year for some reason.

And if UM gets the right matchups in the NCAAT, they can certainly get to a FF, but they might want to clean up their issues soon, because they're going to start dropping seed-lines losing to teams like Iowa by 15.

I’ll permanban bet you they are a 3 seed or higher.

He’s honestly more level headed than you e been this year. You’ve been a full on RR crony this year for some reason.
OMG, you made a grammar mistake, I shall now call you out.

If you truly think that UNCfan has been more level headed, then you're just being a dick because you disagree with my opinions or you're pretty freaking oblivious. Which is it?

If you truly think that UNCfan has been more level headed, then you're just being a dick because you disagree with my opinions or you're pretty freaking oblivious. Which is it?

It’s the truth

I don’t call out typos. I call out writing styles that include 3 paragraphs in the same paragraph. That shit is annoying to read.

I’ll permanban bet you they are a 3 seed or higher.
Dumb. Why the F*ck would I bet on that? They very well could and should be a 3 or better. The only decent teams in the BIG are UM and MSU, who else can possibly beat UM?

You're also dealing with a guy that refuses to gamble. I grew up near Atlantic city, spent a few nights in the Mashantucket Pequeat Indian reservation up in Massachussets and spent a week in Vegas… ..never gambled a single penny.

I don’t call out typos. I call out writing styles that include 3 paragraphs in the same paragraph. That shit is annoying to read.
Then don't read it. That's your choice.

But you can't help yourself, there was something negative about UM written in there, so you still took the time to read it and you got all butthurt.

Dumb. Why the F*ck would I bet on that? They very well could and should be a 3 or better. The only decent teams in the BIG are UM and MSU, who else can possibly beat UM?

You're also dealing with a guy that refuses to gamble. I grew up near Atlantic city, spent a few nights in the Mashantucket Pequeat Indian reservation up in Massachussets and spent a week in Vegas… ..never gambled a single penny.

Iowa just did. If that loss shows Michigan is bad then Michigan should fall below a three seed eventually.

We won’t gamble a penny, just your posting privileges.

Iowa just did. If that loss shows Michigan is bad then Michigan should fall below a three seed eventually.

We won’t gamble a penny, just your posting privileges.
And Iowa is not a good basketball team, sorry, they just aren't.

Yeah, that's such a dumb thing to bet on. A ban bet on UM getting a 3 seed or better? Yeah, how dumb. Do better.

And Iowa is not a good basketball team, sorry, they just aren't.

Yeah, that's such a dumb thing to bet on. A ban bet on UM getting a 3 seed or better? Yeah, how dumb. Do better.

Should be an easy win for you since Michigan is losing to bad teams like Iowa. Why are you scared?

Should be an easy win for you since Michigan is losing to bad teams like Iowa. Why are you scared?
The problem is there aren't enough good teams in the BIG, there are too many cupcakes. UM will not lose enough games in that league to fall below a 3 seed.

Lol at the SEC complaining that there are too many cupcakes. Just be glad the PAC is there to keep you from the bottom of the power 5.

giphy.gif

Reactions: ConvenientParking
ADVERTISEMENT