ADVERTISEMENT

UNC fans 1 seed?

I could be wrong but I don’t see how UNc doesn’t get a 1 seed over Tennessee. Tennessee got thumped at home on senior day and then got thumped in their first game of the SEC tourney while UNc made it to the championship game in the ACC. Throw in the fact that UNc beat UT head to head and it’s a no brainer but this is the NCAA we’re talking about. We shall see!

Last edited:
I believe UNC will receive the last 1 seed. Though, I do think their resume is comparable to Iowa State's. Committee might dock ISU for having such as weak non-conference, though. UNC's overall schedule is 21st, whereas Iowa State's is 36th. I'd lean towards UNC getting that final 1 seed.

UNC
Q1: 9-3
Q2: 7-4
Q 1/2: 16-7
Q 3/4: 11-0
Record: 27-7

Iowa State
Q1: 10-6
Q2: 6-1
Q 1/2: 16-7
Q 3/4: 11-0
Record: 27-7

The combined Q1/2 record is the same, as is the combined Q 3/4 record. UNC has done better in Q1 games, whereas Iowa State has done better in Q2 games. Iowa State also has 2 wins over Houston.

It'll be interesting to see which 2 seed is aligned with UNC. Often times the committee is wanting to get teams from the West in their proper region, which would mean Arizona. But, If I'm the top 2 seed on the S-Curve, say Tennessee or Iowa State, I'd much rather be in UNC's region than potentially play the likes of UConn, Houston, or Purdue in the Regional Final.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT