ADVERTISEMENT

Sweet 16 Discussion and Predictions

bignish

Gold Member
Feb 15, 2016
Team
Duke
What're your favorite matchups and who do you see advancing to the Elite 8?

I think the Tennessee/Creighton game will be fascinating with Creighton's D funneling you to mid range shots where UT can make a living on. Creighton's shooters can get hot at any time though and run UT out of the building. How will Dalton Knecht respond after this disappointing Round 2 performance? Which Creighton guard will show up?

Illinois/Iowa St is my 2nd favorite matchup with a red hot Terrance Shannon Jr. and the Illini going against the best defense in the country in Iowa St. #1 Offense vs #1 Defense on KenPom, who will be able to dictate their style of play?

I'm not ready to make predictions yet since I still have to think about the matchups but curious what ya"ll are thinking.

I don't care who will win or lose. I'm just gonna enjoy good games and hopefully will win some $$ for myself.

This is what what I like for Thursday games:

Arizona / Clemson over 152
San diego state +11 and over 135.5
UNC -4.5
ISU / Illinois under 146

Reactions: KisteK
What're your favorite matchups and who do you see advancing to the Elite 8?

I think the Tennessee/Creighton game will be fascinating with Creighton's D funneling you to mid range shots where UT can make a living on. Creighton's shooters can get hot at any time though and run UT out of the building. How will Dalton Knecht respond after this disappointing Round 2 performance? Which Creighton guard will show up?

Illinois/Iowa St is my 2nd favorite matchup with a red hot Terrance Shannon Jr. and the Illini going against the best defense in the country in Iowa St. #1 Offense vs #1 Defense on KenPom, who will be able to dictate their style of play?

I'm not ready to make predictions yet since I still have to think about the matchups but curious what ya"ll are thinking.
One of the better SW16's I can recall....

TBH, looking forward to HOU/Duke. Think it might be the best semi-final game of them all. UT/CRE will be a war. ILL/ISU will be fast, furious....and physical.

GU/PU---10 point game last time around. Zags have really hit their stride. Anxious to see Ike Graham battle Edey.

UCONN right now just aint losing.

Gonna be a ton of grat games. I wont be home until around 9 tomorrow, so will miss the first set of games.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
UConn is the best team by far left in it but I feel like they get upset in one of the next two games.

Iowa St wins
UNc wins
Zona wins
UT wins
Houston wins
Purdue wins
NC State wins

UConn is the best team by far left in it but I feel like they get upset in one of the next two games.

Iowa St wins
UNc wins
Zona wins
UT wins
Houston wins
Purdue wins
NC State wins
NCSU has had a nice run----it ends Friday.

I don't see UCONN losing until the FF> Even then---not so sure. They continue to play at this level---no one is beating them. Their "A" game is much better than everyone elses "A" game. MOF, I feel even their "B+" or so game would be good enough. Just no weakness.

ADVERTISEMENT