ADVERTISEMENT

John Higgins calling the North Carolina game

Ehhh, every game that he reffed in that Kentucky lost it ended up being to a team that was really good. It’s not like Kentucky should’ve won any of those games by 20 and he somehow made them lose.
Yeah, this...Its not like they lost to a 13 seed, or something. Lost to the eventual National champs twice, and to a very, very good Wisconsin team, that THB, was probably the worst possible match-up for that UK team. Wisconsin was a nightmare.

I respectfully disagree.
Really? You think UK was 20 points better than UConn, UNC and Wisconsin? You don't think any of those teams were good enough to beat UK-----needed help from the officials?

Wow.

Well this certainly answers my question from earlier. Jesus...

Really? You think UK was 20 points better than UConn, UNC and Wisconsin? You don't think any of those teams were good enough to beat UK-----needed help from the officials?

Wow.

Well this certainly answers my question from earlier. Jesus...
20 points? Nah, the losses were all close.

Then why did you respectfully disagree?
Because these were both FF games, and seeing both of these calls/non calls leaves room for doubt. Would we have won? I don’t know. They were close games, and the calls benefited the “better” teams. It’s hard to convince UK fans that Higgins doesn’t come across as a bit obnoxious.

269294792.gif

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
Because these were both FF games, and seeing both of these calls/non calls leaves room for doubt. Would we have won? I don’t know. They were close games, and the calls benefited the “better” teams.

269294792.gif

I don't why you guys continue to show that pic of the shot clock. Great, its at zero. That means , well, its at zero. Can you do me a favor though? Circle for me where the LED lights are on....Can you do that?

Because these were both FF games, and seeing both of these calls/non calls leaves room for doubt. Would we have won? I don’t know. They were close games, and the calls benefited the “better” teams. It’s hard to convince UK fans that Higgins doesn’t come across as a bit obnoxious.

269294792.gif

Calls benefited the "better" team? Ahhh----helped then win? Gotcha. No way getting outscored 12-0 helped UNC win---right? Or having a 5 point lead......Ahh, nevermind.

It was the officials. Errrr......THE official.

I don't why you guys continue to show that pic of the shot clock. Great, its at zero. That means , well, its at zero. Can you do me a favor though? Circle for me where the LED lights are on....Can you do that?
No. Because I’ve already surpassed my level of indifference for the man. Anymore time/effort spent on this would mean I don’t mean what I say about my indifference.

I don’t miss him.

Bingo. I work amongst many fans of different teams, and none spew the garbage in person as we see here. Hiding behind a keyboard will make people brave.
Have to agree to this. Most UK fans I know, including my wife, just don't have the disdain toward officials.

Have to agree to this. Most UK fans I know, including my wife, just don't have the disdain toward officials.
I was taught by a Ky Hall of Fame high school coach that until you make every free throw, have zero turn overs , he won't allow refs to be blamed

No. Because I’ve already surpassed my level of indifference for the man. Anymore time/effort spent on this would mean I don’t mean what I say about my indifference.

I don’t miss him.
Cool....Whats your feeling toward John Clougherty?

I was taught by a Ky Hall of Fame high school coach that until you make every free throw, have zero turn overs , he won't allow refs to be blamed
I have to agree with your HS coach. Officials fvck up...Make bad calls, at bad times. BUT....there are tom many other aspects the play a part----Turnovers, missed shots, missed free throws, etc, etc....Sure bad calls play a part. But...they are no less of a determining factor than that of missed shots, turnovers, etc, etc...

I have to agree with your HS coach. Officials fvck up...Make bad calls, at bad times. BUT....there are tom many other aspects the play a part----Turnovers, missed shots, missed free throws, etc, etc....Sure bad calls play a part. But...they are no less of a determining factor than that of missed shots, turnovers, etc, etc...
Yes, one call can determine the game at the end, but 12 missed free throws was equally a factor too. I used to bring that up on rafters, but Id have 30 notifications waiting, you can't change some peoples mind.

I was way more upset with Washington missing 12 free throws last year against K St than I was with officials.
Me too...As was the wife. Funny story. I was in Grayson, Kentucky working a college game. We were in the hotel afterwards, watching the game. I walk outside afterwards, and there are about 20 people out there---all UK fans. It got quiet as I approached them....I was like---"WTF"? Then I realized---I had on my IU toboggan...:eek:.. I was like----"Hey, i was rooting for the Cats. My wife went to UK...She loves UK". I 'm telling you dude---I got those words out in about 3 seconds..Laughing

Me too...As was the wife. Funny story. I was in Grayson, Kentucky working a college game. We were in the hotel afterwards, watching the game. I walk outside afterwards, and there are about 20 people out there---all UK fans. It got quiet as I approached them....I was like---"WTF"? Then I realized---I had on my IU toboggan...:eek:.. I was like----"Hey, i was rooting for the Cats. My wife went to UK...She loves UK". I 'm telling you dude---I got those words out in about 3 seconds..Laughing
We have a sister plant across the river in Jeffersonville, so we see IU fans at times. I miss the rivalry.

My point was that if Higgins wants to be a respected official then he should quit consistently being present when those erroneous gifs and pictures are captured.
Oh,....you mean TWO calls out of about 15,000 makes him not respected? That is what you define as "consistent"?

Gotcha.

Oh,....you mean TWO calls out of about 15,000 makes him not respected? That is what you define as "consistent"?

Gotcha.
UK fans don’t care about the 15,000 calls he makes in games involving 2 other teams. Only the ones he makes during the UK games. Like I said, he should quit being consistently present when those kinds of calls are recorded. His reputation is solely up to him. If he isn’t happy with how UK fans see him, quit being present in those bad calls caught on camera against UK.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
UK fans don’t care about the 15,000 calls he makes in games involving 2 other teams. Only the ones he makes during the UK games. Like I said, he should quit being consistently present when those kinds of calls are recorded. His reputation is solely up to him.
I think his reputation is just fine since he still refs huge games and the NCAA tournament. Only a small few seem to think it’s tarnished.

Reactions: UNC71-00
I think his reputation is just fine since he still refs huge games and the NCAA tournament. Only a small few seem to think it’s tarnished.
And those small few are happy he is the upstanding person people claim him to be elsewhere. Win/win.

Last edited:
He is a biased official, nothing else. His reputation sucks for the teams he harms.

You notice that Jordan did not call an LSU game, but "Honest John" called UNC.

Reactions: Random UK Fan
ADVERTISEMENT