ADVERTISEMENT

John Higgins calling the North Carolina game

Whispering sweet nothings to each other. :D
roy-williams-john-higgins-1040x572.jpg

Such a keyboard puss you are. The ol boy made a joke, and you two ***gits get all butt hurt, as usual. Man up, take a joke, quit being so fragile. LOL
Peace out Kunt

I’m many things but fragile and I’ll throw in sensitive, I’m not that dude. Now you’re a little pissy when I told you too sit your ass down. Maybe you and Bert need to drink some warm milk and call it a day. You’re not built for this message board thing.

Reactions: dirtyrock15
Higgins can kiss my ass. He better never call another Kentucky game.

He called a good game today because there was never a decision to be made.
I hope he doesn’t ref a Kentucky game again either. What people in your fanbase did to him is frightening and no man should be subjected to that abuse for doing his job. I hope you are ashamed of their behavior and sympathize for the man for enduring that harassment 2 years ago.

if he never calls another one of our games again I’ll count it as a win. 3 of Cal’s 6 tourney losses at Uk to that point were called by Higgins crews.

These dudes are human and have no accountability. It’s not at all a reach to think bias effects their job performance.

It’s also funny to me how many of them have side businesses. One of the many things that makes me wonder why I’m still paying attention to the sport.

Johnn Feinstein‏Verified account@JFeinsteinBooks
Why is it that Kenny Smith, Charles Barkley and even Scott Van Pelt on ESPN can cheerlead their alma maters on-air but if Jay Bilas says something like, 'Mike Krzyzewski's a good coach,' people start screaming? Don't reply--I know the answer.

A little off topic but this thread has already pretty much run it’s course anyway so I’ll bite.

It’s because their primary job is analyzing the NBA, not college. Their analysis of the college game is more from an NBA perspective. If they were “college analysts” then I’m sure they wouldn’t last long, because nobody would take any of it seriously. They wouldn’t trust any of the analysis because it would come off biased. I’ve never heard Jay take crap for saying Coach K is a good coach though. Not sure why anyone would freak out about that. So that might be a bit of an exaggeration.

Also, they aren’t doing play by play for the games. It would be insufferable to hear an obvious fan commentating in-game, regardless of who they are.

It’s also pretty funny when they’re talking trash to each other in studio. Or am I the only one that finds that funny?

A little off topic but this thread has already pretty much run it’s course anyway so I’ll bite.

It’s because their primary job is analyzing the NBA, not college. Their analysis of the college game is more from an NBA perspective. If they were “college analysts” then I’m sure they wouldn’t last long, because nobody would take any of it seriously. They wouldn’t trust any of the analysis because it would come off biased. I’ve never heard Jay take crap for saying Coach K is a good coach though. Not sure why anyone would freak out about that. So that might be a bit of an exaggeration.

Also, they aren’t doing play by play for the games. It would be insufferable to hear an obvious fan commentating in-game, regardless of who they are.

It’s also pretty funny when they’re talking trash to each other in studio. Or am I the only one that finds that funny?
Plus it’s a little less bitter when it’s just a couple of weekends a season, instead of on the daily.

Reactions: FaithPlusOne
It’s also funny to me how many of them have side businesses. One of the many things that makes me wonder why I’m still paying attention to the sport.
What is so funny about this? Hell, i worked 50-60 games a year in college, and also have a job. MOF, most CBB officials have jobs/own business, etc, etc...

God damn, I think sometimes you people really forget that officials are fvcking human beings..Laughing

I hope he doesn’t ref a Kentucky game again either. What people in your fanbase did to him is frightening and no man should be subjected to that abuse for doing his job. I hope you are ashamed of their behavior and sympathize for the man for enduring that harassment 2 years ago.
Not sure if anyone is ashamed as much as pleased knowing there is something a fanbase that has been victim to his errors actually can do something about it. It’s not really my style, but i’ll gladly embrace his absence.

Last edited:
Reactions: Blue Bigfoot

A great post.....And yes---I find their "smack talking" very funny. Barkley is a funny ass dude.

Not sure if anyone is ashamed as much as pleased knowing there is something a fanbase that has been victim to his errors actually can do something about it. It’s not really my style, but i’ll gladly embrace his absence.
Ehhh, every game that he reffed in that Kentucky lost it ended up being to a team that was really good. It’s not like Kentucky should’ve won any of those games by 20 and he somehow made them lose.

Do you guys really feel Higgins has it out for UK? Dumb question...Better question-----Is there an official you DONT think has it out for UK? I mean, this is a serious question. I know all fan bases bitch....So please don't bring that into the equation. I hear UNC fans bitch...IU fans....UL fans....Duke, MSU, etc, etc...What I very seldom hear(if ever) is those fan bases calling out the officials by name. Not just an offical or two---But every official. Fvck you guys have a site dedicated to UK records with officials. Again,not just some---But every single official who's ever called a UK game. I don't get this. Is losing that hard for some of you to accept?

Now, bring on your "its a brotherhood with you Borden.....You are just taking up for the officials...Blah, blah and blah. It ain't that at all. Some of these dudes calling games shouldn't be. TBH, it makes me mad. I feel I am better than quite a feew of them. Unfortunate for me, one I made a mistake years ago that hurt me. And two, I don't play the ass kissing game. So believe me, it ain't got shit to do with the "brotherhood, protecting officials, taking up for them, etc, etc...". Just an honest question. I mean, I don't ever get this vibe from my wife, her family or my brother. TBH,I don't get this vibe from a lot of UK fans I know, or have met. Maybe its just an internet thing? I dunno know. Just never seen a fan base so tore about about officials...

if he never calls another one of our games again I’ll count it as a win. 3 of Cal’s 6 tourney losses at Uk to that point were called by Higgins crews.

These dudes are human and have no accountability. It’s not at all a reach to think bias effects their job performance.

Really, 50% of Cal’s loses are due to Higgins. Nothing Cal or the players did to contribute to the losses.

You might need more water and beans for you prepper cave and watch those black helicopters.

ADVERTISEMENT