ADVERTISEMENT

Emoni Bates commits to MSU

So...
  • Will go NBA if they get their one and done shit together (woj says not till 2025 now)
  • would rather go college than G league
  • Eligible to reclassify to 2021, and will do so if HS is too easy this year.
  • If he does reclassify he will be too young to go to the draft after 1 year. So it’d be 2 years of college
My body is ready to be hurt

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-b...bates-2022-top-recruit-commits-michigan-state

Last edited:
This is sort of what Woj was saying. Hopefully you’re right.

It’s not gonna happen. There is a quietly growing rift between the NBA owners and the players as Adam Silver continues to give the players whatever they want. The players will continue to ask for more and more and Silver will bend over and continue to give it to them at the cost of the owners. The NBA CBA agreement coming up will be a bigger fight than is expected.

Part of me wants to be greedy and see him in 2021.

his two best friends are Gabe brown and Rocket watts. They’d all start together in 21. Gabe is gone before 22.

His dad also created an AAU team for him. He’s very active in Emoni’s basketball life
Oh no, better check those bank records and post pictures of the houses they own. Plus their cars.

:)

Emoni grew up a huge MSU fan, is very tight with all the players. This situation is a little different

just giving msu a hard time (though I do tire of Izzo)

IF he stays 2 years that an incredibly huge get.

growing up a fan is not that different from falling in love with campus/coaches/etc... that everyone says about whatever choice the top guy makes...if $100k is the supposed going rate for a top recruit he must really love MSU to choose them over that amount of cash...or maybe the bidding is lower these days if the KU adidas bank is closed and it is just Nike bidding v. nike

Reactions: MSU1986
just giving msu a hard time (though I do tire of Izzo)

IF he stays 2 years that an incredibly huge get.

growing up a fan is not that different from falling in love with campus/coaches/etc... that everyone says about whatever choice the top guy makes...if $100k is the supposed going rate for a top recruit he must really love MSU to choose them over that amount of cash...or maybe the bidding is lower these days if the KU adidas bank is closed and it is just Nike bidding v. nike
Emoni will make millions.

The fact that he has stated he would not want to go G League and make that easy 500K makes me think that money isn’t the driving factor here.

The year Syracuse won the Natty they had Carmelo Anthony who was a man among boys. Emoni is better than CA and will have a better team around him. It would be a yuge upset if someone other than the Michigan State Spartans win Tom Izzo his second Natty. Could be the '22 or the '23.....or both... if EB reclassifies and ends up playing 2 years in EL.

The year Syracuse won the Natty they had Carmelo Anthony who was a man among boys. Emoni is better than CA and will have a better team around him. It would be a yuge upset if someone other than the Michigan State Spartans win Tom Izzo his second Natty. Could be the '22 or the '23.....or both... if EB reclassifies and ends up playing 2 years in EL.
If Emoni actually plays and we have the roster we do now, we will more than likely be the favorite.

It wouldn’t be a surprise if anyone else won necessarily. I’m sure Duke, UK, Kansas will all have good teams too.

SI has been told by the dad he will be reclassifying.

sounds like the whole mystery on that front now is just to keep some of these younger kids on board the prep team.

if true, he couldn’t go G league (still a minor), and overseas for a 16-17 year old sounds like a no go.

would be huge

Last edited:
If Emoni actually plays and we have the roster we do now, we will more than likely be the favorite.

It wouldn’t be a surprise if anyone else won necessarily. I’m sure Duke, UK, Kansas will all have good teams too.

Duke didn’t even make the final four with Zion and Barrett...not to mention a half a dozen other 5 stars.

Anthony Davis is still the most dominant frosh I’ve seen. It would have truly been crazy if UK didn’t win it that year.

Maybe Bates will be more impactful than Zion. Who knows.

But if Bates reclassifies you could be looking at Watts, Christie, Bates, Hauser and Sissoko being the starting 5. SmokinSmile

Duke didn’t even make the final four with Zion and Barrett...not to mention a half a dozen other 5 stars.

Anthony Davis is still the most dominant frosh I’ve seen. It would have truly been crazy if UK didn’t win it that year.

But if Bates reclassifies you could be looking at Watts, Christie, Bates, Hauser and Sissoko being the starting 5. SmokinSmile

Durant and Davis are the 2 best freshmen I’ve seen but in the end you must also have the pieces around them and they usually must have experience as well. Davis had another top 5 freshman and 3 other rotation players who played in the F4 the previous season. Durant had a bunch of freshman around him.

Now going to MSU, I’m sure he will have a strong roster around him.

Durant and Davis are the 2 best freshmen I’ve seen but in the end you must also have the pieces around them and they usually must have experience as well. Davis had another top 5 freshman and 3 other rotation players who played in the F4 the previous season. Durant had a bunch of freshman around him.

Now going to MSU, I’m sure he will have a strong roster around him.
Durant didn't win a Natty. Davis did.
I mentioned earlier that Carmelo Anthony was one of those one and done guys who carried his team to a Natty. While Bates is a different and probably better player than CA...I see him being one of those "leads ya to the promised land" kinda players.

Wow. Duke had 8 5 stars on one team. Damn. I must have missed that year.

Reactions: ceilo77
ADVERTISEMENT