ADVERTISEMENT

Congrats to Louisville and Kenny Payne!

Kevin Bryan

Apr 30, 2011
They doubled their win total from last season. How many other coaches can say that? Give this man an extension and National Coach of the Year.

391BF8DE-3E44-4B03-ABF9-7FE4A2635AE5.jpeg

They definitely looked better this year, but 8-24 in year 2 usually doesn’t get you a 3rd. I wonder how long it takes for them to make an announcement.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
I’m torn about Kenny. Love the guy, but I understand how Card fans feel. He inherited such a mess, and those things take time. Not sure who can come in and start all over again with a different, faster result.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
I’m torn about Kenny. Love the guy, but I understand how Card fans feel. He inherited such a mess, and those things take time. Not sure who can come in and start all over again with a different, faster result.
4 years to get all his players and such seem appropriate.

If he got an extra year, what would be considered a success? 15 wins? How long do you give him to get to 20?

UL should hire someone outside of the Pitino tree. Outside of the UK tree.

They should hire someone with no ties to UL or UK.

Who are the legit candidates? Or who would be your top choices?
I haven't really been following cbball for the past 4 years. I have no idea. People are talking about the guy from Baylor and the guy from Arkansas. I can't remember their names and I don't know why either of them would leave a stable situation to come to Louisville. Some talk of Billy Donaovan. Every name/coach I hear that is (apparently)worth a sh!t is also a "longshot" or "unlikely".

Reactions: Kevin Bryan
I haven't really been following cbball for the past 4 years. I have no idea. People are talking about the guy from Baylor and the guy from Arkansas. I can't remember their names and I don't know why either of them would leave a stable situation to come to Louisville. Some talk of Billy Donaovan. Every name/coach I hear that is (apparently)worth a sh!t is also a "longshot" or "unlikely".
Yeah I think Drew and Musselman could be legit options. Def not Donovan. Some chatter about Dusty May too maybe. Musselman is a douche. Drew would probably be a home run. I’ve heard Cronin mentioned too but he might have a substantial buyout plus he’s a massive prick and isn’t that great anyway.

Yeah I think Drew and Musselman could be legit options. Def not Donovan. Some chatter about Dusty May too maybe. Musselman is a douche. Drew would probably be a home run. I’ve heard Cronin mentioned too but he might have a substantial buyout plus he’s a massive prick and isn’t that great anyway.
If Drew and May say no, then Jerome Tang may get a look. Louisville and Ohio State are both good jobs. The coaching searches should be pretty interesting.

If Drew and May say no, then Jerome Tang may get a look. Louisville and Ohio State are both good jobs. The coaching searches should be pretty interesting.
Yeah I have seen Tang’s name mentioned too. Would def be a solid hire. I still think it’s wild that Holtmann got fired mid season. Pretty rare to see that in college hoops, but they seemed to play better after that.

Yeah I have seen Tang’s name mentioned too. Would def be a solid hire. I still think it’s wild that Holtmann got fired mid season. Pretty rare to see that in college hoops, but they seemed to play better after that.
Looks like the OSU AD knew Holtman was a complete dud. The team immediately improved the second Holtman was fired.
OSU would have been a tournament team if Holtman just recruited and let his assistants coach the team.

Before NIL and transfer portal maybe. His excuses for 3-4 years was absolutely ruhtarded. You can turn around a team in one year now. This clown just didn’t know how to coach, and regarding his pressers…speak.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
ADVERTISEMENT