ADVERTISEMENT

Predictions for top teams for next year

ThePhog08

Gold Member
May 2, 2008
I know the tourney is still going on but here is a place for if your team is already out. Or soon will be out (KU)

Here is my wish list for KU next year.

Players gone (nick timberlake, kevin mccullar parker braun) potentially gone ( Johnny furphy ) transfers unknown.

Here is my best case wish for next year.

KJ Adams transfers, love you man but you don't work with todays post men.

Liam McNeeley commits.

Johnny Furphy is back baby

KU nabs a top shooting guard from the portal

Dickson returns as super senior

Lineup

Hunter Dickinson
Johnny Furphy
Liam McNeeley 5 star freshman
Transfer (cam martin I'd be ok with)
DeJuan Harris

Bench

Zeke Mayo Transfer
Flory Bidunga 5 star freshman
Brandon Harrison transfer
Elmarko Jackson
Jamari McDowell
Labaron Philon 4 star freshman
Rakease Passmore 4 star freshman

Plenty of depth. I think this team would be top 3-6 ranked pre season. Maybe #1 depending on other teams . Warning Duke will be #1 pre season even if they don't deserve it.

KJ’s the best athlete on the team. I wouldn’t give that up. I would bring in somebody to take some of his minutes though.

Passmore and Bidunga will be a welcome jolt of athleticism.

Lock down McNeeley and get one of the top shooting guards from the portal.

Lot of unknowns with Purdue but we won't fall off the map like some think we will.

Departures: Zach Edey, Mason Gillis, Ethan Morton, Lance Jones
Transfers out: Don't know but needs to be one (we have 6 freshmen coming in and 5 scholarship seniors departing (one walk-on was given a scholarship). Other option is one of the freshmen goes to prep school for a year.

Transfers in: None
Incoming freshmen: 5 star 6'8 SF/PF Kanon Catchings (Tamika Catchings nephew), 4 star Combo guard Gicarri Harris (Big Dog's son), 4 star 6'10 PF/C Raleigh Burgess, 3 star 7'3 center Daniel Jacobsen (yep, Purdue has another one coming), 3 star combo guard CJ Cox, 3 star SG Jack Benter

Likely starting lineup (really tough to determine):

PG - Braden Smith
SG - Gicarri Harris (supposed to be a bulldog defensively and a very good shooter). He'll slide into backing up Smith if Heide or Colvin make a jump)
Wing - Fletcher Loyer (some Purdue fans think Camden Heide or Myles Colvin take his spot but I don't see it)
PF - Kanon Catchings - He's wiry so he'll struggle with some PF's but they will struggle with him as well IMO)
C - Trey Kaufmann-Renn - Playing alongside Edey this year, which isn't his best position. Has great post moves and will get better as more of a featured player. Caleb Furst and/or Will Berg (7'2 project from Europe who I think will eventually be good) will back him up

I'd guess Painter will get the benefit of the doubt and Purdue will be ranked about 20 in the preseason. We may have some early struggles while the freshmen acclimate to their roles but will eventually be a 5-7 seed in the tourney.

Kentucky, up until March;

slambo-25fe.gif

Warning Duke will be #1 pre season even if they don't deserve it.
We need to wait till all the transfer portal stuff clears up but who would be more deserving?

I think if 1 of Proctor or McCain return, it would be tough to argue for any other team as deserving of preseason #1 when you're bringing in a generational HS player and another top 3 NBA pick in the frontcourt.

ADVERTISEMENT