ADVERTISEMENT

ACC Thread

8bb.png

Glad y'all found your colony and glad I could help.

• Haha
Reactions: kyjeff1
It's Clemson. Who are you going to get that's better? Clemson has 11 wins all-time in the NCAA Tournament, and 3 of those wins have come under Brownell. In the past 4 seasons, PJ Hall has been the only top 100 player on that roster. If you get multiple top 100 recruits with Brownell, they'll consistently be a top 25 team.

Boston College thought they could have done better than Al Skinner. He was fired 14 years ago and they've yet to make the tournament since then. I could see a similar path if they part ways with Brownell. Got to invest $ in the program if you expect results.

Brownell now has 5 of the 13 wins all-time for Clemson in the NCAA Tournament. Heckuva coach. And his job security is fine.

Yeah but metrics and shit

Haha right. This is what I said two weeks ago. There really wasn't much difference between the top third of the league. And I was likely selling the ACC short a little bit.

I don't think there's a huge difference between the top third of the ACC and the top third of the Big 12...The Bottom half of the ACC is what's really holding back this league in terms of the computer rankings. UNC, Duke, Clemson, Wake, and UVA can hold their own against top 25-50 teams.

I just needed to edit out Wake and UVA and insert NC State and Pitt in their place.

Last edited:
Brownell now has 5 of the 13 wins all-time for Clemson in the NCAA Tournament. Heckuva coach. And his job security is fine.
He was the coach all 4 years I was at UNCW. Liked him a lot and was disappointed when he left for a sideways move. Word around campus was he hated the AD.

He was the coach all 4 years I was at UNCW. Liked him a lot and was disappointed when he left for a sideways move. Word around campus was he hated the AD.

That is odd to make a lateral move like that when he had been at UNCW for such a long period (counting his time as an assistant). So, it makes sense that he might look for another job because of the AD.

If Clemson would invest more into the basketball program, which I don't foresee happening, Brownell could do some big things on a more consistent basis. 2 Sweet 16s in the past 6 tournaments ain't bad, though.

ADVERTISEMENT