ADVERTISEMENT

Emoni Bates commits to MSU

Christ you are defensive. My post had nothing to do with Emoni Bates. If it did I would’ve said so.

Talking about young phenoms made me think about how my jaw dropped watching his 8th grade (I think) highlight film.
Sorry, I read it wrong. Intent can be hard to interpret on the internet sometimes.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Sorry, I read it wrong. Intent can be hard to interpret on the internet sometimes.

Nah man. I remember showing everyone his video like "you gotta see this kid".

#1 Noel DeVine
#2 Jadaveon Clowney
#3 Seventh Woods

I had a couple buddies big on the seventh woods train. They were scared to death when he signed with UNC

Nah man. I remember showing everyone his video like "you gotta see this kid".

#1 Noel DeVine
#2 Jadaveon Clowney
#3 Seventh Woods

Noel Devine I remember the name but don’t recall him. Was he the ridiculous RB that went to UNC?

Ahh wvu thanks.

That’s why I remember him, we had some pretty epic battles with WVU when they had White/Slayton/Devine and We had brohm/Bush/Smith. I remember being scared to death when they landed Devine as well although he never dominated college iirc.

I might be in the minority but I miss the old rivalry games with WVU and Cincy. Granted I wouldn’t change being in the ACC for a million of them but still enough with the OOC cupcakes. Real teams should schedule real teams.

Last edited:
Part of me wants to be greedy and see him in 2021.

his two best friends are Gabe brown and Rocket watts. They’d all start together in 21. Gabe is gone before 22.

If Emoni actually plays and we have the roster we do now, we will more than likely be the favorite.

It wouldn’t be a surprise if anyone else won necessarily. I’m sure Duke, UK, Kansas will all have good teams too.

Would it be awkward for Emoni that Watts left?

• Haha
Would it be awkward for Emoni that Watts left?
Brown was the one I was concerned about. They are best friends, very very close. Him and Rocket are friends but I just don’t think him transferring changes much. He has other friends on the team too and he’s very close friends with a bunch of our NBA players. Rocket isn’t going to be the straw that broke the camels back.

Last season didn’t go how I thought it would lol. Bad take looking back. I just assumed Rocket was going to so much better than he is along with a few other players.

I think I’m done ever hyping up MSU on here just so I can’t fall victim to hail bringing up some old quotes again. Gotta set the expectations low so he has nothing to repost.

• Haha
Reactions: cdbearde
Interesting how quick Rocket goes from starter on a national championship favorite and a key to landing Emoni to being considered a reserve MSU is happy to lose while Cole Bajema is being considered a rotation player.

Interesting how quick Rocket goes from starter on a national championship favorite and a key to landing Emoni to being considered a reserve MSU is happy to lose while Cole Bajema is being considered a rotation player.
Rocket was one of the worst starters at a high major I’ve ever seen this past year. Became an apathetic defender on 33/25 splits. Not that any of our PG’s were much better, but I struggle to think of a player who got as many minutes as he did who was that ineffective.

I’m not happy to lose him, but I think it could be been beneficial for both sides. Kid needs a change of scenery and us having that scholarship and shots for other players could work well for both sides.

Reactions: JRMSU
Rocket was one of the worst starters at a high major I’ve ever seen this past year. Became an apathetic defender on 33/25 splits. Not that any of our PG’s were much better, but I struggle to think of a player who got as many minutes as he did who was that ineffective.

I’m not happy to lose him, but I think it could be been beneficial for both sides. Kid needs a change of scenery and us having that scholarship and shots for other players could work well for both sides.

Sucks. He would’ve been the starting guard on your national championship favorite if you just listen to your self 6 months ago.

Sucks. He would’ve been the starting guard on your national championship favorite if you just listen to your self 6 months ago.
Yeah, as I said, I’ve never had a player disappoint me personally so much. I fully expected him to make an all big ten team. He was trash.

Sounds like that new overtime sports league dropped the bag.

Good for him. No age restriction like the G league.

Just confirming what we all knew.

if the NBA won’t let him play right away. He probably goes to MSU.

thank god the union and league can’t get 1 and done removed.

Should have thought of new non age restricted junior pro leagues like overtime lol. Fvckers.

^

really believed it was happening
It wasn’t crazy to when it happened, but circumstances changed. His camp wanted him at MSU, but things changed over this past season, our insiders were cautiously optimistic this summer and for the past few months have been saying it’s become fairly unlikely.

Reactions: Sparty_0n and JRMSU
It wasn’t crazy to when it happened, but circumstances changed. His camp wanted him at MSU, but things changed over this past season, our insiders were cautiously optimistic this summer and for the past few months have been saying it’s become fairly unlikely.

I am shocked

ADVERTISEMENT