ADVERTISEMENT

6th Annual College Basketball Draft

sly-mf-smooth.gif

MountIn West looking to be pretty good once again. SDSU, Colorado State, and Wyoming all bring back a lot. Boise State and New Mexico will have solid teams too. Going to be interesting to see how many bids they get.

Duke guys, what’s the word on Kyle Filipowski? You guys high on him? For a top 5 recruit he seems to not get a ton of preseason buzz, maybe because people aren’t as high on his NBA potential.

Duke guys, what’s the word on Kyle Filipowski? You guys high on him? For a top 5 recruit he seems to not get a ton of preseason buzz, maybe because people aren’t as high on his NBA potential.

I'm a fan. A very skilled big man, can operate as point forward/center similar to Mason Plumlee. Good outside shooter.

The knock on him is he may be a defensive liability. As far as this draft is concerned, he's likely the 3rd or 4th Duke guy in terms of most likely to receive all-league honors. Lively and Whitehead have higher ceilings. So, he might be competing with Jeremy Roach for that third spot.

^One reason why you may want to consider Filipowski: Who knows what Whitehead might look like after a 2-month recovery period. And Lively is much more of a defensive presence.

Nobody anticipated an All-American season from Luke Kennard in 2016-17, but injuries gave him a bigger load and once we were fully healthy, he never relinquished his spot. Perhaps something similar could happen with KF. I could see him being taken in Round 4 or 5.

I'm a fan. A very skilled big man, can operate as point forward/center similar to Mason Plumlee. Good outside shooter.

The knock on him is he may be a defensive liability. As far as this draft is concerned, he's likely the 3rd or 4th Duke guy in terms of most likely to receive all-league honors. Lively and Whitehead have higher ceilings. So, he might be competing with Jeremy Roach for that third spot.
What a spoil of riches you guys have. Your top 5 recruit may be the 4th option.

What a spoil of riches you guys have. Your top 5 recruit may be the 4th option.

Haha right. Kind of wild. Hoping we'll be able to one of these guys to eventually stick around for another year. Filipowski might actually be that guy.

Reactions: MGC_07
DRAFT RESULTS
1st Round

1. Oscar Tshiebwe, Kentucky
2. Armando Bacot, North Carolina
3. Drew Timme, Gonzaga
4. Trayce Jackson-Davis, Indiana
5. Hunter Dickinson, Michigan
6. Marcus Sasser, Houston
7. Jaime Jaquez, UCLA
8. Adama Sanogo, UConn
9. Kendric Davis, Memphis
10. Nick Smith, Arkansas
11. Jalen Wilson, Kansas
12. Mike Miles, TCU

2nd Round
13. Dereck Lively, Duke
14. Isaiah Wong, Miami
15. Zach Edey, Purdue
16. Azuolas Tubelis, Arizona
17. Caleb Love, North Carolina
18. Keyonte George, Baylor
19. Santiago Vescovi, Tennessee
20. Terquavion Smith, NC State
21. Dariq Whitehead, Duke
22. Tyger Campbell, UCLA
23. Nijel Pack, Miami
24. Colin Castleton, Florida

3rd Round

25. LJ Cryer, Baylor
26. Cam Whitmore, Villanova
27. Max Abmas, Oral Roberts
28. Ryan Kalkbrenner, Creighton
29. Matt Bradley, San Diego State

I think I’m making a really good pick here. Kris Murray from Iowa. Could be in line for a breakout season similar to his brother had.

@dukedevilz is up

giphy.gif

Ugh. This draft has been really slow lately... and Kris Murray is the one guy I've been waiting to draft the whole weekend. Seen him in three interviews recently. You can tell he gets annoyed, always asked about his brother - and being compared to him; he clearly wants to forge his own legacy. He may not be 1st Team All-American, but I do believe he's capable of making an All-American team. Should be Iowa's go-to player.

Really, really wanted Kris Murray. Alright, I'll take...

Adam Flagler, Baylor.

Going all-in on this Baylor backcourt. Hopefully LJ Cryer is the weak link of the dynamic backcourt trio. @FaithPlusOne is on the clock.

Really, really wanted Kris Murray. Alright, I'll take...

Adam Flagler, Baylor.

Going all-in on this Baylor backcourt. Hopefully LJ Cryer is the weak link of the dynamic backcourt trio. @FaithPlusOne is on the clock.
200w.gif

I made a joke before the draft about you taking the person I was going to pick right before me, but this is literally the second time you did it.

• Wow
Reactions: dukedevilz
200w.gif

I made a joke before the draft about you taking the person I was going to pick right before me, but this is literally the second time you did it.

Haha really? That's funny/interesting because @WeAreDePaul has stolen my guy twice now. I was wanting Marcus Sasser in Round 1 and Kris Murray in Round 3. Jaquez and Flagler were my backup plans. So, I would transfer the blame to him.

Haha really? That's funny/interesting because @WeAreDePaul has stolen my guy twice now. I was wanting Marcus Sasser in Round 1 and Kris Murray in Round 3. Jaquez and Flagler were my backup plans. So, I would transfer the blame to him.
@WeAreDePaul, You’re going to fck up my program.

As the pick got closer and closer I got more hopeful. Oh well.

I think this player has a basement of 8.3 points (5.3 win shares last year should be similar this year, and likely mid-major CPOY) which feels fair for late third round.

Jelly Walker, UAB

@GE Nole you’re up

giphy.gif

Ugh. This draft has been really slow lately... and Kris Murray is the one guy I've been waiting to draft the whole weekend. Seen him in three interviews recently. You can tell he gets annoyed, always asked about his brother - and being compared to him; he clearly wants to forge his own legacy. He may not be 1st Team All-American, but I do believe he's capable of making an All-American team. Should be Iowa's go-to player.

the only thing that feels better than taking the guy @dukedevilz wants is doing it both times he's picked behind you in the draft so far.

I'm in your head bro!

I think this player has a basement of 8.3 points (5.3 win shares last year should be similar this year, and likely mid-major CPOY) which feels fair for late third round.

Jelly Walker, UAB

@GE Nole you’re up
already drafted a couple picks ago you big dummy.

DRAFT RESULTS
1st Round

1. Oscar Tshiebwe, Kentucky
2. Armando Bacot, North Carolina
3. Drew Timme, Gonzaga
4. Trayce Jackson-Davis, Indiana
5. Hunter Dickinson, Michigan
6. Marcus Sasser, Houston
7. Jaime Jaquez, UCLA
8. Adama Sanogo, UConn
9. Kendric Davis, Memphis
10. Nick Smith, Arkansas
11. Jalen Wilson, Kansas
12. Mike Miles, TCU

2nd Round
13. Dereck Lively, Duke
14. Isaiah Wong, Miami
15. Zach Edey, Purdue
16. Azuolas Tubelis, Arizona
17. Caleb Love, North Carolina
18. Keyonte George, Baylor
19. Santiago Vescovi, Tennessee
20. Terquavion Smith, NC State
21. Dariq Whitehead, Duke
22. Tyger Campbell, UCLA
23. Nijel Pack, Miami
24. Colin Castleton, Florida

3rd Round
25. LJ Cryer, Baylor
26. Cam Whitmore, Villanova
27. Max Abmas, Oral Roberts
28. Ryan Kalkbrenner, Creighton
29. Matt Bradley, San Diego State
30. Kris Murray, Iowa
31. Adam Flagler, Baylor
32. Jelly Walker, UAB
33. Will Richardson, Oregon
34. DaRon Holmes, Dayton

I thought you were quoting me to congratulate me on a great pick. Count me as disappointed.

sad-walk.gif

Hah you're good. He's a 20+ ppg scorer on a top-50 team. Not impossible, but always hard for mid-major guys to sneak on one of the All-American teams. I think he has an excellent shot at being Honorable Mention All-American, though.

Reactions: FaithPlusOne
How does it work if @GE Nole doesn’t get his pick in when he has double picks? Does he get 48 hours with 2 picks, or do both get passed and it goes to @WojoRising

How does it work if @GE Nole doesn’t get his pick in when he has double picks? Does he get 48 hours with 2 picks, or do both get passed and it goes to @WojoRising

Yeah, essentially 48 hours for him. Otherwise, he'd be skipped for two picks when he's only guilty of one infraction.

Honestly, though, we're a little behind in this draft. We need to average 5+ picks a day, and lately it's been around 3. I'll give it until Saturday or Sunday, and if the trend continues we might have to lower the 24 hour clock to 12 or 16 hours. I'd rather not have the draft bleeding into the start of the season.

Yeah, essentially 48 hours for him. Otherwise, he'd be skipped for two picks when he's only guilty of one infraction.

Honestly, though, we're a little behind in this draft. We need to average 5+ picks a day, and lately it's been around 3. I'll give it until Saturday or Sunday, and if the trend continues we might have to lower the 24 hour clock to 12 or 16 hours. I'd rather not have the draft bleeding into the start of the season.
Yeah. The weekend I understand. Hoping it speeds up a bit during the week as the rounds go on.

ADVERTISEMENT