ADVERTISEMENT

7th Annual College Basketball Draft

It wouldn’t surprise me if I’m DFL this year.

I’m annoyed I passed up on RJ Davis. I thought there was a chance I could sneak him in the next round.

Bump. We dropping players this year @dukedevilz?

Yeah, probably by the end of February. I need to post stats soon. I'll try to do that sometime within the next week.

So, drop your 3 least valuable players. If cuts aren't made, I'll cut the players with the lowest Win Shares.

Yeah, probably by the end of February. I need to post stats soon. I'll try to do that sometime within the next week.

So, drop your 3 least valuable players. If cuts aren't made, I'll cut the players with the lowest Win Shares.
Blah Blah Blah Whatever GIF by Minions

Here are the updated stats. Let me know which 3 players you'd like to drop. If I don't hear back from you by March 1st, I'll drop the players with the lowest Win Shares. The column labeled "WS" is for WS. Double-click on the screenshots to enlarge.

Looks like @GE Nole has a very big lead with the likes of Tyler Kolek, Mark Sears, RJ Davis, KJ Simpson, Jamal Shead, and Johnell Davis on his team. All 6 of those guys have a shot at making an All-American team, IMO.

@IUfanBorden @WojoRising @duckboy33 @boilerzz @FaithPlusOne @lurkeraspect84 @Necessary Roughness @ThePhog08 @WeAreDePaul

IUfan-DD.jpg
Wojo-Duck.jpg
GE-Boilerzz.jpg
Faith-Lurker.jpg
Necessay-Phog08.jpg
We-Are-De-Paul.jpg

I'm going to drop Mara and Trammel. I'll let you know on the 3rd by March 1st but it's probably going to be my 2nd round pick (fvcking Dukie).

• Haha
Reactions: dukedevilz
If you take out the lowest 3 Win Shares for each team, here are the collective scores:

GE Nole, 38.1
IUfanBorden, 37.7
dukedevilz, 34.8
FaithPlusOne, 34.8
boilerzz, 33.7
ThePhog08, 31.8
Necessary Roughness, 30.2
WojoRising, 29.7
WeAreDePaul, 28.3
duckboy33, 24.8
lurkeraspect84, 22.1

GE Nole has the highest margin of error with 6 guys that have All-American or HM All-American potential. Borden has Edey, which is huge. 6.4 Win Shares with 10+ games left is ridiculous. He also has Dillon Jones and DaRon Holmes who have more Win Shares than anyone on GE's team. He might be the best challenger.

I might have an outside shot, but the margin for error is slim. I've got Kyle Filipowski, Dalton Knecht, and Baylor Scheierman who are all legit All-American candidates. I'd probably need to go 3 for 3 on All-American selections to have any shot. GE Nole is my favorite to win it at this point.

Reactions: FaithPlusOne
If you take out the lowest 3 Win Shares for each team, here are the collective scores:

GE Nole, 38.1
IUfanBorden, 37.7
dukedevilz, 34.8
FaithPlusOne, 34.8
boilerzz, 33.7
ThePhog08, 31.8
WojoRising, 29.7
WeAreDePaul, 28.3
duckboy33, 24.8
lurkeraspect84, 22.1

GE Nole has the highest margin of error with 6 guys that have All-American or HM All-American potential. Borden has Edey, which is huge. 6.4 Win Shares with 10+ games left is ridiculous. He also has Dillon Jones and DaRon Holmes who have more Win Shares than anyone on GE's team. He might be the best challenger.

I might have an outside shot, but the margin for error is slim. I've got Kyle Filipowski, Dalton Knecht, and Baylor Scheierman who are all legit All-American candidates. I'd probably need to go 3 for 3 on All-American selections to have any shot. GE Nole is my favorite to win it at this point.

I don't have a favorite. I dislike everyone in the top 8.

The 2nd round is pretty interesting. How many of these guys are clearly HM AA's or better? Shannon and Holmes have been great. Alexandar and Davis for sure. But beyond that, I see empty stats and solid role players, not top 22 picks.

2nd Round
12. Oumar Ballo, Arizona
13. Terrence Shannon, Illinois
14. Joel Soriano, St. John's
15. Tylor Perry, Kansas State
16. Trey Alexander, Creighton
17. Tyrese Proctor, Duke
18. Johnell Davis, Florida Atlantic
19. Nijel Pack, Miami
20. Judah Mintz, Syracuse
21. Justin Moore, Villanova
22. DaRon Holmes, Dayton

GE Nole, 38.1
IUfanBorden, 37.7
dukedevilz, 34.8
FaithPlusOne, 34.8
boilerzz, 33.7
ThePhog08, 31.8
WojoRising, 29.7
WeAreDePaul, 28.3
duckboy33, 24.8
lurkeraspect84, 22.1

I think Eddy can be the difference maker. Dude is gonna win PoY.

But it’s funny, no one really thought much of my team after the draft. Including myself lol. Just goes to show how things can change in just a few months.

I think Eddy can be the difference maker. Dude is gonna win PoY.

But it’s funny, no one really thought much of my team after the draft. Including myself lol. Just goes to show how things can change in just a few months.

Yeah, I think you came a little under the radar. Kolek is giving you what we'd expect. But, those other 5 guards have really elevated their game to another level, especially Mark Sears.

I did comment on KJ Simpson being a late-round steal with 1st Team All-Conference potential. I always enjoyed watching him play and I likely would have taken him in the next round. Though, I'm not sure anyone anticipated he was going to be this productive.

It will be interesting to see if Edey could put Borden over the top. He could easily grab another 3-4 Win Shares, and almost certainly will earn NPOY honors. So, it could be a close battle.

Reactions: GE Nole
I'm going to drop Mara and Trammel. I'll let you know on the 3rd by March 1st but it's probably going to be my 2nd round pick (fvcking Dukie).
I think I've seen enough from Procter to drop his ass. Can't believe I let some of the idiot talking heads claiming he'd be 1st team AA persuade me to pick his punk ass.

I think I've seen enough from Procter to drop his ass. Can't believe I let some of the idiot talking heads claiming he'd be 1st team AA persuade me to pick his punk ass.

He's flashy. Just not aggressive enough to fully take the reigns as many were expecting.

i thought that was the dumbest pick of the draft the second you picked him. I knew he was overrated garbage. Might be the only player I was right about lol.

Meant to post a reminder to get your final picks in, but wife and kids were sick and it slipped my mind. So, I'll say you can have until the end of the weekend.

Meant to post a reminder to get your final picks in, but wife and kids were sick and it slipped my mind. So, I'll say you can have until the end of the weekend.
Lawrence- Vandy
XJ- Indiana
Luechten--UC Irvine

bTW, My man Ike starting to flex.

I’m struggling with this.

Justin Edwards is for sure out. After that I’m debating between Wooga, Gaines, and Dae Dae.

Gaines with the lowest win shares but I feel like he has a decent shot at all defense team for the AAC. Dae Dae has a full point more, but he’s in a lower conference so even if he does make all conference second team, is that the same value and Gaines on all defense?

And Wooga hasn’t been good but I think he’s got name recognition and ACC media might still make him 3rd team just on that.

Leaning toward keeping Dae Dae and dropping Wooga and Gaines but not quite decided.

@dukedevilz is there a point difference between A-10 and AAC?

@dukedevilz is there a point difference between A-10 and AAC?

Both conferences will have the same value for all-conference points. 4 points for 1st Team All-Conference if there are 4 teams in the KenPom top 50. 3 points if there are 4 teams in the top 100. Right now, both have more than 4 in the top 100. So, you're looking at 3 points for 1st Team, 2 points for 2nd Team, and 1 point for 3rd Team All-Conference in the A10 and AAC.

Mine is actually incredibly tough, because I have a bunch of dudes near the bottom that are hard to separate.

Cadeau is the only really obvious one.

After that I have to start comparing guys like Zeigler, who I want to keep. If UT goes on a run the win shares could continue to rise. Branden Carlson, who I have to believe will get points on the all Pac12 team, or Amari Williams, who I’m sure will get points on the all CAA team. Or max Abmas, who has had a decent but not spectacular year.

I have a very even, good (but not all American spectacular) group.

Both conferences will have the same value for all-conference points. 4 points for 1st Team All-Conference if there are 4 teams in the KenPom top 50. 3 points if there are 4 teams in the top 100. Right now, both have more than 4 in the top 100. So, you're looking at 3 points for 1st Team, 2 points for 2nd Team, and 1 point for 3rd Team All-Conference in the A10 and AAC.

Thanks.

I’ll drop Edwards, Wooga, and Gaines.

Justin Moore and Riley Kugel are obvious drops for me. They both regressed!

Last one is a little tough. I'm going to assume Dajuan Harris makes the all-defensive team. So, I'll keep him.

Either AJ Hoggard or Jalen Bridges for the final cut. Not sure either one makes an all-league team, so Win Shares is going to be the biggest factor... I'll keep Bridges and cut Hoggard... think Baylor might win a few games in the tournament, as well.

Alright, I’m dropping Elliot Cadeau, Branden Carlson, and Amari Williams.

Hopefully that doesn’t bite me in the ass.

Here are the cuts for each of the respective squads:

IUfanBorden: X.Johnson, Luechten, Lawrence
dukedevilz: Moore, Hoggard, Kugel
WojoRising: Biliew, Forbes, Edwards
duckboy33: Dante, Kriisa, B.Thompson
GE Nole: J.Edwards, Poplar, Gaines
boilerzz: Mara, Trammel, Proctor
FaithPlusOne: Cadeau, Carlson, A.Williams
lurkeraspect84: D.Collins, Brazile, Bradshaw
Necessary Roughness: Collier, J.Brown, L.Butler
ThePhog08: Ellis, C.Williams, J.Nelson
WeAreDePaul: T.Green, Holloway, Shelstad

One of these things is not like the other:

10th Round
100. Braden Smith, Purdue
101. Grant Nelson, Alabama
102. Tanner Holden, Wright State
103. Aaron Estrada, Alabama
104. Amari Williams, Drexel
105. Jeremy Roach, Duke
106. Jamir Watkins, Florida State
107. Bryce Thompson, Oklahoma State
108. JJ Starling, Syracuse
109. Dalton Knecht, Tennessee
110. Kel'el Ware, Indiana

10th Round
105. Jeremy Roach, Duke

lol nobody had any idea how good Knecht was going to be good. He was barely on my radar. But, when you drop 28 points against Michigan State in a preseason game, and embarrass Malik Hall along the way, then you've piqued my interest.

lol nobody had any idea how good Knecht was going to be good. He was barely on my radar. But, when you drop 28 points against Michigan State in a preseason game, and embarrass Malik Hall along the way, then you've piqued my interest.

We played them in Maui (well...Oahu) and he's was maybe the 4th best player on the court.

We played them in Maui (well...Oahu) and he's was maybe the 4th best player on the court.

He's certainly elevated his game since the first month or two of the season. 15.6 ppg in the OOC season and 25.5 in SEC play.

I got lucky with Jalen Bridges. Somehow he found his way onto 3rd Team All-Conference. Thought there was a good chance he would miss an award completely and I'd have to rely on Win Shares alone. Top-3 finish is looking more doable now.

I do feel like Bridges absolutely could be a top 10 player in the Big 12. Just needs to be a little more aggressive.

I got lucky with Jalen Bridges. Somehow he found his way onto 3rd Team All-Conference. Thought there was a good chance he would miss an award completely and I'd have to rely on Win Shares alone. Top-3 finish is looking more doable now.

I do feel like Bridges absolutely could be a top 10 player in the Big 12. Just needs to be a little more aggressive.
I'm shocked that Kam Jones wasn't at least HM all conference. He's averaging 17 ppg and shooting 41% from three for the #2 team in the Big East.

I can’t believe Sean Pedulla was third team All ACC over Jamir Watkins. How many guys lead their team in points, rebounds, steals, and for most of the season assists?

10th Round
105. Jeremy Roach, Duke
I definitely had the 2nd best pick in that round.

The real champ for this is the guy who finished the highest in relation to his draft position. I've improved from 12th to 10th so far, a jump of 2 spots.

ADVERTISEMENT