• Louisville

• MSU

• Villanova

• Florida

• UNC

• Maryland

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
Anybody else ever wonder why UK/UL fans start brawling at the slightest opportunity, but the other rivals just kind of chew gum and respect one another? Nothing offensive to say to each other.

Indiana and Purdue fans are going at it the B1G thread. They hadn’t done it in awhile and are probably just knocking off the rust before the season starts.

Reactions: Random UK Fan
Enough said here.

How is that enough said? If 90% of the state is uk fans then why is it unreasonable to believe that 90% of racists in this state are UK fans. Y’all don’t allow racists to be uk fans or something?

...again, my assessment of a college-aged kid looks accurate with this "internet tough guy" routine.

That’s not me being an Internet tough guy. That’s me responding to dude saying he wouldn’t be threatened by the likes of me, like we know each other at all.

What part of what I said doesn’t make sense. That Kentucky is full of racists people? Or that outside of Louisville probly 90 percent of the state is made up of UK fans giving UK a much larger fan base? Meaning that the racists all over this state are a lot more likely to be UK fans than Louisville fans?

I have conceded that my personal bias due to the part of the state I live in isn’t a fair way to look at this subject. But just by looking at the numbers it’s not some conspiracy theory that UK would have more racists fans. And that’s not uks fault or anybody posting here’s fault, but it is what it is. And yes things have changed since the 50/60s but that doesn’t mean racism in Kentucky or America as a whole is dead. UK has one of the biggest fan bases in all of college basketball, so to say they have more racists than most if not all other programs comes down to the law of averages.

Regardless I’m not saying it’s UKs fault or that UK promotes racism, I’m stupid but not that stupid, I’m just saying UK has a pretty strong history with racism and their fan base is partly made up of people living in Kentucky, which is one of the most racists states in the nation.

You are clearly making shit up.
https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/rankings/opportunity/equality
http://worldpopulationreview.com/states/most-racist-states/

How is that enough said? If 90% of the state is uk fans then why is it unreasonable to believe that 90% of racists in this state are UK fans. Y’all don’t allow racists to be uk fans or something?

...you talk about racists as if they're tracked/identified the same way as registered voters. Your bias(es) have been doing all the talking for you.

Reactions: RipThru
Agree to disagree. Your gonna believe what you want anyways. And yes my personal bias against uk is fueling my argument but that doesn’t make my my side of the argument wrong.

Since when do we correlate racism with fandom? There’s absolutely none there. There are regions and states that happen to have more racist people than others do, but it has zero (0!!!) affect on who you choose to cheer for in college. Why is this still being discussed?

Agree to disagree. Your gonna believe what you want anyways. And yes my personal bias against uk is fueling my argument but that doesn’t make my my side of the argument wrong.

What makes your argument wrong is that it's wrong. You made up shit about burning crosses and then about Kentucky being one of the most racist states in America.

Back on topic, looks like MSU and Kentucky have the most votes so far. Since Kentucky has the most fans on here, seems most people are leaning towards the Spartans as champs. Not surprising

Back on topic, looks like MSU and Kentucky have the most votes so far. Since Kentucky has the most fans on here, seems most people are leaning towards the Spartans as champs. Not surprising

I'd like UK a lot better if we had a post presence.

I'd like UK a lot better if we had a post presence.
Yea, Blackshear would have certainly put us over the top. Richards and Montgomery have a lot to prove this season, though I’m higher on EJ than I am Nick. I think Nate could end up being huge for us if he has any sort of post game. His ability to spread the floor will do wonders for our guards and wings.

That study was based on racial slurs on twitter and hate crimes, so that doesn’t hardly prove that Kentucky is a beacon of equality.

Well it's a helluva lot more reliable than your "beliefs". Read or do some research before you post a bunch of nonsense and try to pass it off as fact.

Yea, Blackshear would have certainly put us over the top. Richards and Montgomery have a lot to prove this season, though I’m higher on EJ than I am Nick. I think Nate could end up being huge for us if he has any sort of post game. His ability to spread the floor will do wonders for our guards and wings.

I really like Nate; think he can do multiple things for us. But I didn't like what I saw of EJ. Nick is what he is, but I expected more of EJ.

I really like Nate; think he can do multiple things for us. But I didn't like what I saw of EJ. Nick is what he is, but I expected more of EJ.

Don't worry about Nick. The master developer will have him in lottery pick form in no time.

Since when do we correlate racism with fandom? There’s absolutely none there. There are regions and states that happen to have more racist people than others do, but it has zero (0!!!) affect on who you choose to cheer for in college. Why is this still being discussed?

You’re right, 100%. It doesn’t and that fact makes every single argument I made stupid and irrelevant. Like I confessed I got offended by tard nation comment and came back with UKKK and it snowballed from there. And I got even more triggered when some of the UK fans claimed that I made up that we were regulary referred as the “blackbirds” for a long period of time, but given I was wrong on the crosses, so I can see why my credibility was shot to 0.

And again, I was wrong on the crosses, i didn’t make it up, I read it on the home board and ran with it, like a poster ITT said. Then I did the research I should have done before stating it, and found out it was not true just rumors, so that’s my bad. And it’s also my bad for derailing the thread.

Ima tuck tail and bow out. Good day fellas

Reactions: JimboBBN
Don't worry about Nick. The master developer will have him in lottery pick form in no time.

-Harrelson
-Liggins
-Humphries
-Mulder (until a couple weeks ago)

....all played under Cal and were perceived with low expectations to make it to the NBA.

-Harrelson
-Liggins
-Humphries

....all played under Cal and were perceived with low expectations to make it to the NBA.

I’d Probly replace liggins with Miller. Liggins was a 5 star if I’m not mistaken. He was a billy G recruit I think. Granted his college career could/would have made u think his chances to succeed in the nba were slim.

I’d Probly replace liggins with Miller. Liggins was a 5 star if I’m not mistaken. He was a billy G recruit I think.

"Considered a four-star recruit by Rivals.com, Liggins was listed as the No. 6 point guard and the No. 28 player in the nation in 2008."

It’s actually not a bad thread. It really only gets boring when @LetsGoDuke301 starts talking about politics.
giphy.gif

You’re right, 100%. It doesn’t and that fact makes every single argument I made stupid and irrelevant. Like I confessed I got offended by tard nation comment and came back with UKKK and it snowballed from there. And I got even more triggered when some of the UK fans claimed that I made up that we were regulary referred as the “blackbirds” for a long period of time, but given I was wrong on the crosses, so I can see why my credibility was shot to 0.

And again, I was wrong on the crosses, i didn’t make it up, I read it on the home board and ran with it, like a poster ITT said. Then I did the research I should have done before stating it, and found out it was not true just rumors, so that’s my bad. And it’s also my bad for derailing the thread.

Ima tuck tail and bow out. Good day fellas
Some of the UK guys around here definitely love to take shots at Louisville. Unfortunately for them, it’s all they’re really known for

-Harrelson
-Liggins
-Humphries

You don't think a lot of coaches could put together a list at least that long?

He's a basketball coach, not a miracle worker. :)

-Harrelson
-Liggins
-Humphries

I’d Probly replace liggins with Miller. Liggins was a 5 star if I’m not mistaken. He was a billy G recruit I think. Granted his college career could/would have made u think his chances to succeed in the nba were slim.

51YlymXtyPL._SY445_.jpg

Fwiw, me @JC for 3 and @RipThru tend to do this a lot. Not sure how racism came to be a focal point of this thread. Seems a bit arbitrary, no?

That’s on me. Like I said I got triggered by the “tard nation” comment and came back with UKKK and it snowballed from there. My GFs nephew is mentally and physically handicapped, who is 13 And will never be able to walk or talk, so I have a bias against people who make jokes or slights about mental ******ation. I mean I’m not gonna go all holy and say I’ve never said an idea or concept was ******ed, but to call other people ******ed as an insult bothers me. Mentally and physically handicapped people didn’t choose that lot in life no more than you or I got the chance to choose the color of our skin.

And my stances are based a lot more off of my personal experiences than just my opinion, but that’s neither here nor there. Jimbo hit the nail on the head, it has nothing to do with fandom. It’s just the part of the state I live in, everyone is a uk fan, so every liar, thief, racists, bully etc I’ve ever known was a UK fan, but I realize that’s not fair and in no way depicts the fan base as a whole nor should it affect whichever team you choose to root for.

But on the other hand Most of my best friends are UK fans as well, not to mention plenty of people I know that are great people and upstanding citizens.

I was angry at the “tard nation” comment and I responded in a terrible way and I’m sorry for derailing the thread. And no sarcasm, thanks for putting me in my place bc I flew off the handle.

Last edited:
Reactions: UL_1986 and RipThru
"Considered a four-star recruit by Rivals.com, Liggins was listed as the No. 6 point guard and the No. 28 player in the nation in 2008."

Damn I’m gettin taken to the woodshed in this thread, I thought he was a low end 5 star for some reason. Still 28th ranked player in his class isn’t quite the same as getting harrelson, humphries, mulder, and even Gabriel and Miller to the nba imo. But again that’s splitting hairs bc liggins college career wasn’t super spectacular and it is surprising to me he’s still on a nba roster so I totally understand why you included him.

Darius looked good, had a few steals. 7 rebounds and 10 points. It’s either gonna be between him and DJ who starts point. Ryan had an off night and Fresh is still adjusting to Mack’s system.

Sutton has 18 and 14, Nwora had 28 and 5 assists and 5* Sam Williamson had 17 and 9.

DJ will start once healthy imo. But if Perry can do that consistently ^ then we will be fine at the guard. CC started off slow just like Kimble is so I imagine he’ll be better as the season progresses.

Reactions: UL_1986
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT