• Louisville

• MSU

• Villanova

• Florida

• UNC

• Maryland

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
I wasn’t until the bbn fella so cleverly coined us tard nation. Adolph rupp, crosses burning in tubbys yard, calling Louisville the “blackbirds” At least my shot at UK has validation, uk and racism go hand in hand almost as well as uk and tradition. UK fans need to own that.

You know those crosses were actually for sale signs. Get your news from your home board? UK wins and UofL losses go hand in hand more.

That game was closer than the final score lol. I've always said if your guys can play defense, but that wasn't the case against Bellarmine.
Yeah because we had a gaping hole in our post with a 6’5 sf playing center. You guys keep failing to mention that o_O

I wasn’t until the bbn fella so cleverly coined us tard nation. Adolph rupp, crosses burning in tubbys yard, calling Louisville the “blackbirds” At least my shot at UK has validation, uk and racism go hand in hand almost as well as uk and tradition. UK fans need to own that.

He deleted the comment which makes me think its bullshit.

He's still got it in one, as a sign of his ignorance.

I've also never heard the term "blackbirds", although there might be one r two idiots that have used it.

Reactions: bMORE607
That's a little disingenuous. It was a 2 point game with less than 4 minutes to go. Also, UL was mentioned in the poll in this thread, and are ranked top 5 in the AP. It's ok. You don't have a PG and acting like Enoch is some big difference maker is like me saying Nick Richards rolled his ankle or UK would have beaten Georgetown by 50. Oh, and nobody is "worried" about UL at this particular time.
Um Enoch and Williams are difference makers. Keep acting like they’re not though. RollLaugh

Where was "The Irish Hulk"? LaughingLaughing
Man you guys are ate up we didn’t lose. Lol

I’d worry about EJ and Nick brick hands Richards.

I’d also worry about Whitney being able to make a single jump shot. Bigger frontcourts will shut down Kentucky this year. Facts.

Reactions: TDredbird
A. Igiehon played like 7 minutes, so moot point.

Comparing Enoch to Richards is laughable asf.

Yeah because we had a gaping hole in our post with a 6’5 sf playing center. You guys keep failing to mention that o_O

They were driving on you guys all night and pretty much doing whatever they wanted. That's not a lack of having a big guy at center.

They were driving on you guys all night and pretty much doing whatever they wanted. That's not a lack of having a big guy at center.
Umm, how? We didn’t have our best shot blocker or post player?? You know how basketball works right? Our lineup last night was pretty much Jordan Sam and Sutton with a bunch of second and third stringers. I get you guys want to act like Enoch or Williams wouldn’t have made a difference. :confused: Take your blue shades off my guy.

You know those crosses were actually for sale signs. Get your news from your home board? UK wins and UofL losses go hand in hand more.

Actually yes, and I’m a fool for doing it, I read something and believed it to be true, then googled it and couldn’t not determine it was true.

But to move the goalpost how many uk fans here heard the words “That n***** coach” during tubbys tenure, bc I heard it first hand 100s of times from the big blue faithful. And I don’t see many of you arguing on rupps behalf, or the majority of your fan base calling Louisville the blackbirds for a long period of time (some still do)

Last edited:
I predict AP ends up going to DePaul whereas coaches poll goes to LSU.

He's still got it in one, as a sign of his ignorance.

I've also never heard the term "blackbirds", although there might be one r two idiots that have used it.

No I’m owning it, I screwed up and made an accusation before doing my own research to see if it was true. Dude was exactly right I read it on the home board and didn’t go fact check. Now either ur under 25 years old or ur lying about never hearing the term “blackbirds” to describe Louisville’s team. And I definitely know if you lived in this state during tubbys tenure you’ve heard uk fans say something to the effect of “that n**** coach”

Last edited:
Man you guys are ate up we didn’t lose. Lol

I’d worry about EJ and Nick brick hands Richards.

I’d also worry about Whitney being able to make a single jump shot. Bigger frontcourts will shut down Kentucky this year. Facts.

"Ate up" is not the right description. "Amused" is more appropriate. And if you could read, I clearly said UK's frontcourt had to be better. I didn't watch because I didn't care, but sounds like "Fresh" has got a ways to go too. Let's face it, anybody that plays McMahon significant minutes has issues, since we are pointing out each other's deficiencies.

No I’m owning it, I screwed up and made an accusation before doing my own research to see if it was true. Now either ur under 25 years old or ur lying about never hearing the term “blackbirds” to describe Louisville’s team.

I am twice that age, I don't lie, and I have never heard or read that term anywhere. IF it was used, it was most likely from one or two people and you guys ran with it. But I am having a hard time believing it.

Reactions: Random UK Fan
I am twice that age, I don't lie, and I have never heard or read that term anywhere. IF it was used, it was most likely from one or two people and you guys ran with it. But I am having a hard time believing it.
Bullshit

Call it what you will Show me some proof.

How did your guards play? Darius, Ryan, and "Fresh"?
Darius looked good, had a few steals. 7 rebounds and 10 points. It’s either gonna be between him and DJ who starts point. Ryan had an off night and Fresh is still adjusting to Mack’s system.

Sutton has 18 and 14, Nwora had 28 and 5 assists and 5* Sam Williamson had 17 and 9.

Reactions: RipThru
He’s new to the system, and raw offensively. Mack testing lineups being that it’s an exhibition game.

So with two bigs out he chose to play Sutton in the post rather than get him some minutes/experience?

Darius looked good, had a few steals. 7 rebounds and 10 points. It’s either gonna be between him and DJ who starts point. Ryan had an off night and Fresh is still adjusting to Mack’s system.

Sutton has 18 and 14, Nwora had 28 and 5 assists and 5* Sam Williamson had 17 and 9.

Forgot about Johnson. How did he play?

Nwora is a player no doubt.

Forgot about Johnson. How did he play?

Nwora is a player no doubt.
Johnson will be back for Miami game, still out from this summer shoulder recovery. He apparently was the front runner in terms of pg before he got injured.

Reactions: RipThru

Louisville’s basketball team was one of the first in the South to embrace African American players, and the Cardinals were even derisively called “The Black Birds.” Kentucky didn’t sign an African American player until 1969, and the foot-dragging was an ultimate act of segregated stupidity considering Kentucky lost the 1966 national championship game to a Texas Western team that started five blacks.

That’s from an LA times article by Bill Plasche. I don’t even know how to post links or I wouldn’t have copied and pasted it.

It wasn’t one or two people and we ran with it If it ended up in an article in the LA Times.

It’s very much part of UKs great tradition so as lurker said to me, wear it.

Rupp didn't sign an african american player til 69, but he had tried before and failed.

"Rupp recruited black players (at least fifteen - Lexington Herald Leader, March 31, 1990.), including Wes Unseld, Butch Beard and Jim McDaniels, but it was a difficult undertaking to convince a black player to come to Kentucky." And Butch Beard WANTED to come to UK but had committed to UL in 1965 and couldn't get out of his commitment.

As far as the black birds comment, I had honestly never heard that. But I looked that article up and read it. It sounds like a personal representation from Plaschke, from his time growing up in Louisville. Is he talking about the 60s?

Last edited:
Well I guess now you have heard the blackbird references. I guess you’ve never heard or read any of the old Rupp stories where he was dropping N-word after N-word either. U can google that one your self.

And again I was wrong about tubby and the crosses, I’m owning that, I made a mistake, but again my mistake doesn’t change the fact that UK has the most racist fan base in america IMO. And im not saying it’s the people on this board it’s probably more of fringe lunatics or older people from a different era, But they all help make up the “best and largest fan base in sports” so you can’t act like they don’t exist.

Last edited:
Well I guess now you have. I guess you’ve never heard or read any of the old Rupp stories where he was dropping N-word after N-word either. U can google that one your self.

And again I was wrong about tubby and the crosses, I’m owning that, I made a mistake, but again doesn’t change the fact that UK has the most racist fan base in america IMO

Again blanket statements. Can you prove that statement or is it opinion, much like Plaschke's comments? That article provides a viewpoint of one guy who clearly hates UK and loves UL. Not exactly unbiased in my view, and he doesn't provide any information like if someone said that to him or where he heard it. Got news for you pal, the 50s-60 were a different time. If you think racism is/was confined to one fanbase you've got your head in the sand. You're gonna believe what you want to believe so I am through with this, but you should probably do some reading, from multiple sources, before spouting blanket statements.

Again blanket statements. Can you prove that statement or is it opinion, much like Plaschke's comments? That article provides a viewpoint of one guy who clearly hates UK and loves UL. Not exactly unbiased in my view, and he doesn't provide any information like if someone said that to him or where he heard it. Got news for you pal, the 50s-60 were a different time. If you think racism is/was confined to one fanbase you've got your head in the sand. You're gonna believe what you want to believe so I am through with this, but you should probably do some reading, from multiple sources, before spouting blanket statements.

Blanket statement must be BbNs favorite word. And Bill Plashce is one of the most respected sports journalist in America. Just bc he hates UK doesn’t mean that he made up the whole “blackbird” thing. I didn’t even know he was from Louisville till I went looking for ur naive ass some facts about Louisville being referred to as the black birds by racists uk fans. Plasche was living in Louisville, who do u think he heard calling Louisville the blackbirds? Fans of random teams that just so happened to live in Louisville? No, it was UK fans. Effin burden of proof and blanket statements must be the new bbn buzz words.

Go make a post on yalls homeboard and see if any uk fans remember calling Louisville the blackbirds as opposed to the cardinals. See if anyone has the balls to tell the truth, and you’ll see this isn’t something I’m making up. I know the crosses in tubbys lean killed my credibility, but arguing against this is arguing a fact, plain and simple.

And I know the 50/60s were a different time and racism certainly isn’t confined to one fan base, but just like basketball, UK is the King. And it didn’t stop in the 50/60s, we were the black birds to UK fans in the 70s-80s as well.

And I have read a million things outlining blantant racism among uk fans as well as coach rupp, maybe it’s you that has a little catching up to do, bc your right I’m not changing my mind, but if you are a rational person the facts will change yours.

Still waiting on how many times you heard tubby referred to as “that n*****” or “we will never win with a n**** coach” because I live in a town of about 3000 people and I heard it constantly, Hell I heard from older die hard UK fans at church of all places. And I know they grew up in a different era but that doesn’t excuse racism at least not to me.

Last edited:
....yeah, I'm terrified of two guys that had a collective 7 points and 15 boards in a 13-point loss (at home) to UK last year.
Yeah, one game really gauges this years performance of both players..o_O

I’d worry about your lack of frontcourt this year. EJ seems to be way overrated, and Nick can’t catch a pass. Then you have some white guy transfer that all of you keep hyping up lol.

ADVERTISEMENT