ADVERTISEMENT

Am I the only blue blood fan that is scared of the UConn Huskies right now?

bignish

Gold Member
Feb 15, 2016
Team
Duke
I don't think I'm seeing the appropriate level of fear from UNC, UK, KU and Duke fans about UConn becoming a juggernaut that eventually overtakes all these programs and becomes the best program historically.

They already have 5 national championships and now have a top 2 active coach in the country.

If Hurley coaches for another 2 decades, UConn could have 9 or 10 national championships by then.

We know these assholes basically never lose in the NCAAT either. They've had crap teams win the natty and now they're getting high level transfers and top recruits on their roster to be molded by a coach who knows how to bring out the best in them?

I'm triggered and I'm scared personally.

soft-kobe-bryant.gif

I don't think I'm seeing the appropriate level of fear from UNC, UK, KU and Duke fans about UConn becoming a juggernaut that eventually overtakes all these programs and becomes the best program historically.

They already have 5 national championships and now have a top 2 active coach in the country.

If Hurley coaches for another 2 decades, UConn could have 9 or 10 national championships by then.

We know these assholes basically never lose in the NCAAT either. They've had crap teams win the natty and now they're getting high level transfers and top recruits on their roster to be molded by a coach who knows how to bring out the best in them?

Is this you turning in your fan card?

• Haha
Reactions: AWilli6995
Is this you turning in your fan card?
No, I'm just acknowledging the obvious. While you and the rest of BBN is obsessing about Tennessee, the Cocks, Bruce Pearl, your other SEC foes, Duke, UNC, etc. UConn is going to keep racking up the accolades.

UConn already has cost UK 2 championships in the NCAAT this century. Hurley's teams are mentally tough and I could see them having similar success in the NCAAT as Roy's UNC teams or Pitino's UK teams for the next two decades.

Who's stopping them?

• Angry
Reactions: Random UK Fan
No, I'm just acknowledging the obvious. While you and the rest of BBN is obsessing about Tennessee, the Cocks, Bruce Pearl, your other SEC foes, Duke, UNC, etc. UConn is going to keep racking up the accolades.

UConn already has cost UK 2 championships in the NCAAT this century. Hurley's teams are mentally tough and I could see them having similar success in the NCAAT as Roy's UNC teams or Pitino's UK teams for the next two decades.

Who's stopping them?
The previous stats have no bearing here, and they play in the BE. They won't be an easy out for sure.

Does the name Hurley have anything to do with the bias?

With that said, they're here to stay with a young coach brought up with basketball. They're not leaving the scene anytime in the near future.

Who's stopping them?
It will be interesting to see what they look like next year. Newton, Diarra and Spencer are gone. Do Castle and Clingan go pro?

IDK, I know they're good, but I feel like they aren't as legit offensively.
I don't think the Big East is all that good this year and UConn is not laying waste to the league the way they should he.
I don't see it with them this year and once their big horses leave after this year, they be back to reality.

If Purdue plays UCONN, it would be a F4 or championship game so not really worried about it at the moment. At that point, let the chips fall.

Who's stopping them?

I don't think you're a true fan. I would like to think fans of bluebloods aren't conceding anything, settle it on the court.

2015 UK, dominant team, 2 wins from a undefeated season
1983 Houston, Phi Slamma Jamma, gets clipped by Jimmy V and NC State
1984 Georgetown, loses in the title game vs Rollie and Villanova
1991 UNLV, won the title the year before but lost to the team they waxed the year prior

I'm sure there's a few more examples but those are ones that came to mind.

Last edited:
in 10 years is programs like villanova, louisville, uconn, kansas, arizona and duke even going to be a part of the show? The SEC and big ten are going to be leaving the ncaa at some point. North carolina will get a seat for sure. kentucky, Indiana, ucla, and michigan st. already locked in. Other basketball blue bloods? Not sure you all get a seat. JV tourney could be a cool accoplishment though

Last edited:
I don't think you're a true fan. I would like to think fans of bluebloods aren't conceding anything, settle it on the court.

2015 UK, dominant team, 2 wins from a undefeated season
1983 Houston, Phi Slamma Jamma, gets clipped by Jimmy V and NC State
1984 Georgetown, loses in the title game vs Rollie and Villanova
1991 UNLV, won the title the year before but lost to the team they waxed the year prior

I'm sure there's a few more examples but those are ones that came to mind.
I’m not conceding anything but I expect UConn’s recruiting to be strong going forward and they’ll raid the transfer portal to plug holes.

I posted this because in the last thread it seemed I was the only fan who was cheering on UConn to lose. All other fans just listed the other blue bloods they enjoyed to see losing the most.

It will be interesting to see what they look like next year. Newton, Diarra and Spencer are gone. Do Castle and Clingan go pro?
Castle and Clingan will almost undoubtedly go pro as they’re projected 1st round picks.

Next year *Should* be a rebuilding year for UConn but they’ll likely raid the transfer portal and assemble a good roster again that Hurley coaches up.

IDK, I know they're good, but I feel like they aren't as legit offensively.
I don't think the Big East is all that good this year and UConn is not laying waste to the league the way they should he.
I don't see it with them this year and once their big horses leave after this year, they be back to reality.
All of UConn’s five starters average double figures and seven different players have led them in scoring at one point this season. They shoot over 50% from the field and average 18 assists per game. Not worried about their offensive efficiency.

Reactions: Deepelm
From the few games I’ve seen them play they look almost unstoppable. They have speed to beat you inside but also have bigs who can actually shoot well

All of UConn’s five starters average double figures and seven different players have led them in scoring at one point this season. They shoot over 50% from the field and average 18 assists per game. Not worried about their offensive efficiency.
Yeah, I get it, but I'm seeing mostly 77-65 type scores from UConn over mediocre teams.

80-75 over Xavier
80-67 over G-town at home
69-65 over St Johns at home
62-48 over Creighton at home
66-65 over Nova
74-65 over Providence at home
77-64 over St Johns
71-62 over Butler

I mean, these are all mediocre to bad teams. Unranked teams, besides Creighton, who honestly is just a strong mid major.

I'm not shitting on UConn, they beat uNC, KU and Texas, but the low point Productions against bad teams, is a head scratcher to me.

Yeah, I get it, but I'm seeing mostly 77-65 type scores from UConn over mediocre teams.

80-75 over Xavier
66-65 over Nova
77-64 over St Johns
71-62 over Butler

I mean, these are all mediocre to bad teams. Unranked teams, besides Creighton, who honestly is just a strong mid major.

I'm not shitting on UConn, they beat uNC, KU and Texas, but the low point Productions against bad teams, is a head scratcher to me.

They didn't beat KU.

You're listing games in the high 70s and 80s as examples of poor offense? This isn't the NBA.

Reactions: englandnu
They didn't beat KU.

You're listing games in the high 70s and 80s as examples of poor offense? This isn't the NBA.
Correction, lost to KU.

Look at the teams they played in the games I listed. The rest of the true contenders, would beat the brakes off those teams.

No, it's not the NBA, but Georgetown and X are flat awful and they only put up 80 on both teams. Only beat X by 5, St Johns by 4 at home, only put up 60 in a 15 point loss to Seton Hall, only put up 66 in a 1 point win over NIT bound Villanova, only put up 62 on Creighton at home, 74 on Providence at home and only 71 over Butler at home.

Look what KU did to Houston, one of the best defenses in the country. Look what Auburn just did to a great South Carolina defense, look what Iowa state and Alabama are doing.

Now when it comes to UConn, history shows that they just win in March, it's what they do, but I'm not wrong when I say those point totals are very low against those non tournament teams at home.

Again, we're talking about a team everyone says has an elite offense, well, to me, those point totals are pretty low for an "elite offense" given the competition.

Lastly, take KU off the list of good wins I posted earlier, so now, they're impressive wins are down to uNC and Texas. I guess you could throw Creighton in there (I wouldn't). I think everyone should take a closer look at UConn's actual resume before saying they're the best team. They haven't actually played anyone good in quite some time and really only have 2 or 3 good wins.

Correction, lost to KU.

Look at the teams they played in the games I listed. The rest of the true contenders, would beat the brakes off those teams.

No, it's not the NBA, but Georgetown and X are flat awful and they only put up 80 on both teams. Only beat X by 5, St Johns by 4 at home, only put up 60 in a 15 point loss to Seton Hall, only put up 66 in a 1 point win over NIT bound Villanova, only put up 62 on Creighton at home, 74 on Providence at home and only 71 over Butler at home.

Look what KU did to Houston, one of the best defenses in the country. Look what Auburn just did to a great South Carolina defense, look what Iowa state and Alabama are doing.

Now when it comes to UConn, history shows that they just win in March, it's what they do, but I'm not wrong when I say those point totals are very low against those non tournament teams at home.

Again, we're talking about a team everyone says has an elite offense, well, to me, those point totals are pretty low for an "elite offense" given the competition.

Lastly, take KU off the list of good wins I posted earlier, so now, they're impressive wins are down to uNC and Texas. I guess you could throw Creighton in there (I wouldn't). I think everyone should take a closer look at UConn's actual resume before saying they're the best team. They haven't actually played anyone good in quite some time and really only have 2 or 3 good wins.

I don't think the BE is that good outside of a few at the top, but Creighton's a legit team with talent and a solid coach.

I'm not a Kenpom fanatic, but UConn's offensive efficiency is #3 in the country. They just have fewer offensive possessions than most. Their adjusted tempo is one of the lowest in the nation.

Reactions: englandnu
I don't think the BE is that good outside of a few at the top, but Creighton's a legit team with talent and a solid coach.

I'm not a Kenpom fanatic, but UConn's offensive efficiency is #3 in the country. They just have fewer offensive possessions than most. Their adjusted tempo is one of the lowest in the nation.
Yeah, well, I'm probably way wrong on UConn, but that conference is rwally bad once you get past UConn, Marquette, naybe Creighton and maybe Butler.

If the heavy hitters in the BIG12 and SEC played SH, SJ, G-town, Prov and X on their home floors, they would get wrecked a whole lot worse than 77-65. Somwthing just seems off to me.

If UConn wins again, they are a blueblood at that point. 6 championships in total, more then Duke and Indiana, two more than KU, and tied with UNC.

Plus they would have gone back to back.

Reactions: AWilli6995
No disrespect but blue blood has a meaning in the words itself.

Are they one of the best all time? Clearly. Better than some bluebloods.

New money, old money.

I do think some teams can become bluebloods. There's quite a few teams who' has the longest history, ebs and flows.

Some would rather be new bloods. Modern era stc...

A crap team winning a national title? lol…. has to be one of the dumbest comments of all time.

There will be a drop off - no doubt. But that happens. Diarra has one more year (I’m almost positive), but he doesn’t really move the needle. Castle and Clingan are proj. top 15 picks — they are gone. Spencer is out of eligibility . Right now for sure for next year — Solo Ball (he’s really good - had 14 against unc - but the team
is just so deep that he doesn’t play), Karaban, Nowell (top 40 pg) , samson johnson, and jaylin stewart — that’s a top 20 starting 5. Hurley will HAMMER the portal. I wouldn’t expect anything less than a top 15 squad next year.

There will be a drop off - no doubt. But that happens. Diarra has one more year (I’m almost positive), but he doesn’t really move the needle. Castle and Clingan are proj. top 15 picks — they are gone. Spencer is out of eligibility . Right now for sure for next year — Solo Ball (he’s really good - had 14 against unc - but the team
is just so deep that he doesn’t play), Karaban, Nowell (top 40 pg) , samson johnson, and jaylin stewart — that’s a top 20 starting 5. Hurley will HAMMER the portal. I wouldn’t expect anything less than a top 15 squad next year.
What little I saw of Samson Johnson early in the year, he looked like he's going to be very good.

Reactions: Erock-conn

80-75 over Xavier
66-65 over Nova
77-64 over St Johns
71-62 over Butler

So beating unranked Texas, who currently has less votes than Grand Canyon University in the top 25 is a quality win, but beating 17th ranked Creighton by 14 points and holding the Jays to 48 points isn’t impressive because they are a “strong mid major”. Interesting

So beating unranked Texas, who currently has less votes than Grand Canyon University in the top 25 is a quality win, but beating 17th ranked Creighton by 14 points and holding the Jays to 48 points isn’t impressive because they are a “strong mid major”. Interesting
I was trying to give UConn as much credit as possible. Sorry, I don't think Creighton is very good.

ADVERTISEMENT