• Louisville

• MSU

• Villanova

• Florida

• UNC

• Maryland

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
Gotta go with my beloved U.K Wildcats, but I honestly believe MSU will be right there at the end as well.

UL???? LMAO, watch, they won't make it past the 2nd weekend.

Reactions: JC for 3
But, others are right in that a lot of polls get skewed because of the number of passionate UK fans. Look at any online college basketball poll. Pretty sure we made Tyrese Maxey the winner of a pre-season POTY award. He'll be very good.. but he won't sniff POTY. That poll could've said Brennan Canada and he probably would've won lol. That's with UK fans voting against every other fanbase (for the most part). Step your passion game up CBB fans :)
UK fans do ruin all the online polls.

And yes Brennan Canada would have won the same NCAA POTY twitter poll. jumpingsmile

But he's right that practically every fan whose team has a chance will vote for that team. And even many who don't have a realistic shot. Hence all the "others."
I’ll take the field against that list.I didn’t pick others because I thought my team will win I picked others because it’s a fair chance a team not named on that list will win.

I’ll take the field against that list.I didn’t pick others because I thought my team will win I picked others because it’s a fair chance a team not named on that list will win.

I'd say that Gonzaga, Texas Tech, Memphis and maybe Virginia have an outside shot. But do you actually expect one of them or another unlisted team do it?

I'd say that Gonzaga, Texas Tech, Memphis and maybe Virginia have an outside shot. But do you actually expect one of them or another unlisted team do it?
I wouldn’t pick any one team to win it. That’s why I picked others. Just pointing out I didn’t pick other because I had my own team slotted to win.

I wouldn’t pick any one team to win it. That’s why I picked others. Just pointing out I didn’t pick other because I had my own team slotted to win.

Well, I’m betting if you had to make a healthy wager, you’d pick a team from that list.

But if you had to wager on one team, I’m betting it would be a team from that list.
And you would be right. I just wouldn’t bet on any team to win it straight odds which is kinda of what the poll title suggests. Some of those teams I wouldn’t remotely consider contenders either and certainly not more so than the ones you mentioned.

Both averaged under 8 PPG last year. I expect them to be better for sure. Would like to see Maxey live. I think Dotson, Moss, Ochai and Garrett are scary together too.
I’m not saying they won’t be good but how is that not a mystery? Maxey’s an unknown. Hagans was good defensively last year but didn’t produce much offensively, and Quickley was pretty much a non-factor. And who knows what the front court is capable of. When you add in the fact that Whitney may not be ready to excel, there are quite a few questions.

With KU, at the very least, you know that you have a great center and one of the top PGs in the country. You also know that you have a quality shooter in Moss and a talented Agbaji. Plus a great rebounder in De Sousa.

Whitney seems to be the perfect example of why it’s impossible to assess a Kentucky team in preseason.
Apparently I’m not the only one thinking Kentucky will have the nations top back court. But what do us silly Kentucky fans know? ;)

https://collegebasketball.nbcsports.com/2019/10/29/college-basketballs-best-backcourts-2/

Apparently I’m not the only one thinking Kentucky will have the nations top back court. But what do us silly Kentucky fans know? ;)

https://collegebasketball.nbcsports.com/2019/10/29/college-basketballs-best-backcourts-2/
The first sentence basically implies they’re only ranked that high because of how good they were in high school. That’s how chad used to always rank front courts and back courts on here. He always had Kentucky ranked #1 in both because of how many 5 stars they had.

Not saying they won’t be good but that article does nothing to prove that there still aren’t a lot of unknowns with the Kentucky back court. This happens every year.

The first sentence basically implies they’re only ranked that high because of how good they were in high school. That’s how chad used to always rank front courts and back courts on here. He always had Kentucky ranked #1 in both because of how many 5 stars they had.

Not saying they won’t be good but that article does nothing to prove that there still aren’t a lot of unknowns with the Kentucky back court. This happens every year.
My original statement was it will be hard to find a better backcourt. Unbiased writers seem to agree with me

Last edited:
I didn't say that they aren't or can't be. I'm just saying that it's kinda ridiculous to say that Kentucky's overall roster is as proven as KU's.

Kentucky's freshmen are a huge reason for their ranking. Not the case for KU.

I believe the conversation is about back courts. Kind of ridiculous to alter the conversation. I'ld match our 3 guards against any others out there. IQ has pulled a PJ and is playing outstanding,

Our front court will be the reason MSU wins Tuesday. Unless Richards plays, we'll be playing a lo of small ball. But we're pretty good at that

I believe the conversation is about back courts. Kind of ridiculous to alter the conversation. I'ld match our 3 guards against any others out there. IQ has pulled a PJ and is playing outstanding,

Our front court will be the reason MSU wins Tuesday. Unless Richards plays, we'll be playing a lo of small ball. But we're pretty good at that

The original comment was "I don’t think UK is any more of a mystery than KU."

That's just not true.

If Kentucky's returnees aren't substantially more productive than last year, you're probably in trouble.

If I got the rest of the field of teams not listed straight up vs you getting a team of your choice I’d take that bet

That's not the point.

I don't know why you people are trying to complicate something as simple as "WHO will win the national title?"

That means one team. Pick one. Just one.

That's not the point.

I don't know why you people are trying to complicate something as simple as "WHO will win the national title?"

That means one team. Pick one. Just one.

Other includes ALL teams not listed. That’s my pick.

So you honestly believe it's more likely that one of those teams wins it?

How are you confused by what I’m saying?

If I’m choosing the rest of the field OTHER field over a group of all the teams listed, I’m choosing the listed teams.

If I’m choosing the rest of the OTHER field over any single team listed, I’m choosing the OTHER afield.

How are you confused by what I’m saying?

If I’m choosing the rest of the field OTHER field over a group of all the teams listed, I’m choosing the listed teams.

If I’m choosing the rest of the OTHER field over any single team listed, I’m choosing the OTHER afield.

Yeah, I understand that you’d take the other field vs any single team. Almost anyone would.

That’s not the purpose or idea behind this poll. Selecting “other” should mean that you believe that a team not listed will win it.

Like I said, I’m pretty sure most of the “other” votes are made by people homering for their longshot teams.

Yeah, I understand that you’d take the other field vs any single team. Almost anyone would.

That’s not the purpose or idea behind this poll. Selecting “other” should mean that you believe that a team not listed will win it.

Like I said, I’m pretty sure most of the “other” votes are made by people homering for their longshot teams.

Well two of us that voted for other just explained that isn’t why we voted or “other”.

Past 6 Champs in the AP Preseason, FWIW:

2019: Virginia, #5
2018: Villanova, #6
2017: UNC, #6
2016: Villanova, #11
2015: Duke, #4
2014: UConn, #18

source.gif

Nobody won a championship that year actually.
Meh....I disagree. I watched Louisville beat Michigan. I highly doubt paid hookers had much, if anything to do with that. For me personally, I think its silly.

ADVERTISEMENT