• Louisville

• MSU

• Villanova

• Florida

• UNC

• Maryland

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
I don’t understand all the Purdue hate, they literally saved our football program by giving brohm a pay bump which led to us getting a better coach at about half the price.

Granted if I was the AD I’d give Satterfield and the whole staff a mid-season raise.

Which I realize has nothing to do with basketball but I don’t consider Purdue a rival, honestly I don’t consider them at all, except being in awe of some of their exceptional players over the years like Carson Edwards, Hummel, jajuan Johnson, swannigan and Haas.

Last edited:
This poll would be much more interesting if we couldn't vote for our own team. I voted for Kansas myself. Duke will be decent, but I think they'll be a little offensively-challenged at times.

I don’t understand all the Purdue hate, they literally saved our football program by giving brohm a pay bump which led to us getting a better coach at about half the price.

Granted if I was the AD I’d give Satterfield and the whole staff a mid-season raise.

Which I realize has nothing to do with basketball but I don’t consider Purdue a rival, honestly I don’t consider them at all, except being in awe of some of their exceptional players over the years like Carson Edwards, Hummel, jajuan Johnson, swannigan and Haas.
Because they are chump losers and so are their fans. They should act like they’ve been there...oh wait.. (pause) they haven’t.

This poll would be much more interesting if we couldn't vote for our own team. I voted for Kansas myself. Duke will be decent, but I think they'll be a little offensively-challenged at times.

Yeah, it’s useless.

Hard for me to vote against my team if they have a legit argument.

I do worry about how De Sousa and Azubuike can coexist. Bill’s already mentioned the possibility of having to rotate at the 5. But they both need a lot of minutes.

Reactions: dukedevilz
Yeah, it’s useless.

Hard for me to vote against my team if they have a legit argument.

I do worry about how De Sousa and Azubuike can coexist. Bill’s already mentioned the possibility of having to rotate at the 5. But they both need a lot of minutes.

They'll have to play a little bit together. Maybe 10 minutes or so? You know David McCormack is going to want/need minutes, as well.

They'll have to play a little bit together. Maybe 10 minutes or so? You know David McCormack is going to want/need minutes, as well.
Three blue chip big men fighting for minutes with a Senior Mitch Lightfoot to throw into the mix. It's just a terrible problem to have, ya know?

I think McCormack will be similar to what Thomas Robinson was in 2011. He'll be the 3rd/4th option with Lightfoot, depending on the opponent, and more often than it will barely be any drop in production from the starters, if any.

Nick was doing just fine before being injured. 6 pts 5 rebs in 15 minutes and the guards weren't feeding him much. We're going to be just fine. We have a top 5 backcourt, Quickley has pulled a PJ as far as improving, Sestina is a versatile player, Whitley very athletic, a little behind in basketball skills for his athleticism, Brooks great basketball iq, EJ needs to perform. Nick just needs to keep doing what he's been doing thus far this season.

Depends on who you’re cheering for. Some fans on here have their teams with really high odds. You can’t call an MSU or KU fan a homer for picking them when those teams are both loaded

Depends on who you’re cheering for. Some fans on here have their teams with really high odds. You can’t call an MSU or KU fan a homer for picking them when those teams are both loaded

Those two schools are actually underrepresented in this poll, IMO. If you couldn't vote for your team, MSU and KU would have close to 75% of the votes. As it is, they have about half of that amount.

Reactions: JimboBBN
Those two schools are actually underrepresented in this poll, IMO. If you couldn't vote for your team, MSU and KU would have close to 75% of the votes. As it is, they have about half of that amount.
Well I left off Kentucky since I’m a Kentucky fan, but same logic applies. Can you really fault Kentucky fans for picking Kentucky this season?

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Well I left off Kentucky since I’m a Kentucky fan, but same logic applies. Can you really fault Kentucky fans for picking Kentucky this season?
I can.

1) Haven’t made a Final Four in forever.
2) No longer get the best recruits.
3) 2 is probably the reason for 1
4) The refs and committee won’t allow it

Reactions: HRTheCard
I can.

1) Haven’t made a Final Four in forever.
2) No longer get the best recruits.
3) 2 is probably the reason for 1
4) The refs and committee won’t allow it
giphy.gif

I voted MSU. Have a feeling I'll like another team as the favorite come March though. Anytime I'm high on MSU they disappoint.

I don't like our odds with our bigs. I also think that's the biggest reason we haven't went past the E8 in since 15'. We were big man U for the first half of Cal's tenure. Bam was really good. PJ's Soph year was great but he played more on the perimeter. Other than that we've kind of had meh lately. Richards could be really good but he seems to think too much. I think playing small with Maxey, Hagans, Quickley, Sestina, and Brooks would be our best lineup.

Hopefully the Cats prove me wrong.

Seems like well over 90% of UK fans voted in favor of their team. That's still a little high, even for a top 5 team, IMO. Kentucky was in the top 2 of the preseason in 2015, 2016, 2017, and 2019. Not a single title game appearance during those years. I feel the 2020 has great depth and an excellent backcourt, but the frontcourt might be the downfall. Can they win it all? Sure, of course. But I'd say the odds of UK cutting down the nets is much lower than 25%. Maybe 10%.

Seems like well over 90% of UK fans voted in favor of their team. That's still a little high, even for a top 5 team, IMO. Kentucky was in the top 2 of the preseason in 2015, 2016, 2017, and 2019. Not a single title game appearance during those years. I feel the 2020 has great depth and an excellent backcourt, but the frontcourt might be the downfall. Can they win it all? Sure, of course. But I'd say the odds of UK cutting down the nets is much lower than 25%. Maybe 10%.
You've put a lot of thought into this. It's crazy there's so many homers on message boards. Looking at other teams and who voted for them, they have a lot of homers too. I guess UK has more fans, hence more homers.

What's the Vegas odds on who will win and where does UK rank? NVM, found it. They have the 2nd best odds. I just checked a 2nd site to be sure and they're tied for 1st. 3rd site they're tied for 2nd. 4th site, they're in lone possession of 1st. (as of Oct 21st.)

So a message board poll with a lot of UK fans, guessing one of the odds on favorites to win isn't so strange. Go figure.

Last edited:
You've put a lot of thought into this. It's crazy there's so many homers on message boards. Looking at other teams and who voted for them, they have a lot of homers too. I guess UK has more fans, hence more homers.

What's the Vegas odds on who will win and where does UK rank? NVM, found it. They have the 2nd best odds. I just checked a 2nd site to be sure and they're tied for 1st. 3rd site they're tied for 2nd. 4th site, they're in lone possession of 1st. (as of Oct 21st.)

So a message board poll with a lot of UK fans, guessing one of the odds on favorites to win isn't so strange. Go figure.

I wasn't singling UK fans out. I feel that homerism runs rampant with just about every school. Vegas always gives higher odds for blue bloods because they realize ordinary people are the ones placing the bets, not people looking at advanced statistics. Ordinary people vote on big-name programs. Duke is always way-overvalued in Vegas. I suspect that if we had 70 posters on here submit their top 10 teams and you couldn't vote for your school, MSU and Kansas would come out 1-2.

I wasn't singling UK fans out. I feel that homerism runs rampant with just about every school. Vegas always gives higher odds for blue bloods because they realize ordinary people are the ones placing the bets, not people looking at advanced statistics. Ordinary people vote on big-name programs. Duke is always way-overvalued in Vegas. I suspect that if we had 70 posters on here submit their top 10 teams and you couldn't vote for your school, MSU and Kansas would come out 1-2.

Who knows? Looking at this poll, it mirrors the odds pretty well.

also, #kentuckyeffect Winking

Last edited:
But who has better odds this year, would you say? Michigan state? Maybe? UK fans may have mostly picked Kentucky but Kentucky probably has the second best odds of any team this season

But who has better odds this year, would you say? Michigan state? Maybe? UK fans may have mostly picked Kentucky but Kentucky probably has the second best odds of any team this season
..but if you take away all the UK fans, and all the other ppl who think UK might win it all this year, then MSU and KU would be the clear favorites. :D

Reactions: JimboBBN
..but if you take away all the UK fans, and all the other ppl who think UK might win it all this year, then MSU and KU would be the clear favorites. :D
I’m just saying, it definitely has something to do with UK fans loving their team, but if we are talking odds to win, then it’s a smart pick. There’s probably gonna be one team that has a better chance percentage wise to win, and that’s MSU

I guess it's not really a big deal. Just a fun little poll. I was mostly curious to see how the results would look if we didn't vote for our team. Certainly wasn't trying to single out Kentucky fans; other fanbases voted the same way.

To me, the poll basically looks like this: Vote for your favorite team.

Last edited:
I guess it's not really a big deal. Just a fun little poll. I was mostly curious to see how the results would look if we didn't vote for our team. Certainly wasn't trying to single out Kentucky fans; other fanbases voted the same way.

I am a huge UK fan, But I voted for MSU until I see more from our frontcourt.

Not saying they aren’t among the favorites, but preseason odds don’t mean a lot. Vegas is mainly motivated by bettors’ tendencies.

Besides, their guesses aren’t much better than ours. Nevada was #7 last year. Indiana nearly top 10. Virginia 6th.

As long as Kentucky has a stable of 5 star players, they’ll always be among the betting favorites.

Then mix that with HOF coach, top talent, huge message board fanbase, and one of the Vegas odds on favorites (by every single service)....yeah, I'd be surprised if UK didn't lead this poll. :D

I will counter. I wonder how many would vote for UK if not for their disdain for the UK fanbase, Calipari, or UK in general.

We should be leading by more votes, but some homers/haters on here will never vote for UK in a poll like this.

I guess it's not really a big deal. Just a fun little poll. I was mostly curious to see how the results would look if we didn't vote for our team. Certainly wasn't trying to single out Kentucky fans;
Not saying they aren’t among the favorites, but preseason odds don’t mean a lot. Vegas is mainly motivated by bettors’ tendencies.

Besides, their guesses aren’t much better than ours. Nevada was #7 last year. Indiana nearly top 10. Virginia 6th.

As long as Kentucky has a stable of 5 star players, they’ll always be among the betting favorites.
Sure. My whole point is that, although being homers, picking Kentucky isn’t a bad pick this year.

Then mix that with HOF coach, top talent, huge message board fanbase, and one of the Vegas odds on favorites (by every single service)....yeah, I'd be surprised if UK didn't lead this poll. :D

I will counter. I wonder how many would vote for UK if not for their disdain for the UK fanbase, Calipari, or UK in general.

We should be leading by more votes, but some homers/haters on here will never vote for UK in a poll like this.

Wait, what? I mean, you had a few that voted elsewhere. RipThru, Demarcus Kidd-Miller, Kevin Bryan. Probably missing a couple. Obviously the poll isn't quite that extreme. Again, not trying to single Kentucky fans out. Almost every fanbase overwhelmingly voted for their team. Kentucky is a great team. I'm only suggesting the results would be more meaningful if we were required to vote for a team other than our own.

ADVERTISEMENT